PDA

View Full Version : Plummer

aberdien
10-25-2013, 11:28 AM
http://www.nfl.com/plummer

Pretty cool article about Jake on NFL.com

GEM
10-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Go Plummer! All he did here was win...can actually say the day Shanny benched him mid-season in favor of Cutler was the start of our downfall.

Northman
10-25-2013, 11:46 AM
"If you're not 100 percent energy focused on what you're doing, then you're cheating yourself, but you're also cheating your teammates, coaches, fans, and I didn't ever want to do that. I can tell you with 100 percent honesty that I played every snap with 100 percent effort. All I wanted to do was succeed, no matter what, no matter when, and at the end there, I was just ready to go. My heart wasn't in it, and I didn't want to be that guy who was letting my teammates down by not coming to work every day."

Glad to see him admit that he wasnt giving a full effort. He seems happy now so good for him.

SR
10-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Glad to see him admit that he wasnt giving a full effort. He seems happy now so good for him.

He didn't say that

Northman
10-25-2013, 11:54 AM
He didn't say that

Yea, he basically did.

"I was ready (to retire) the year before," Plummer added.

Buff
10-25-2013, 11:55 AM
On one hand, I respect him for bucking conventional wisdom and doing what he wanted to do... On the other hand, as a fan of the Broncos, I think he was a QB who reached his ceiling in our AFC championship year and never could have had the stars align like that for him again. I completely agreed with moving on from him to Cutler at the time. And part of me feels like he is mentally weak for quitting a game that so many people who kill for the opportunity to play. I would love to have the luxury of quitting my job when it became too stressful. That is confirmation that Shanny made the right move IMO.

Dreadnought
10-25-2013, 12:07 PM
He didn't say that

FTA

"I was ready (to retire) the year before," Plummer added. "A lot of people don't know that had we gone to the Super Bowl and won it, I was ready to walk off the stage with the MVP trophy and say goodbye.

"If you're not 100 percent energy focused on what you're doing, then you're cheating yourself, but you're also cheating your teammates, coaches, fans, and I didn't ever want to do that. I can tell you with 100 percent honesty that I played every snap with 100 percent effort. All I wanted to do was succeed, no matter what, no matter when, and at the end there, I was just ready to go. My heart wasn't in it, and I didn't want to be that guy who was letting my teammates down by not coming to work every day."

His dismal play in 2006 certainly reflected a lack of commitment and effort. He made the right call (retiring) under the circumstances. That shows some integrity.

claymore
10-25-2013, 12:12 PM
FTA

His dismal play in 2006 certainly reflected a lack of commitment and effort. He made the right call (retiring) under the circumstances. That shows some integrity.
He should have retired after the AFCC game. I wasnt happy with Plummer for the previous couple of years, but he completley folded when presented with any competition at the QB position.

Dreadnought
10-25-2013, 12:24 PM
He should have retired after the AFCC game. I wasnt happy with Plummer for the previous couple of years, but he completley folded when presented with any competition at the QB position.

You and I differ from time to time on issues Bronco related, but on Jake Plummer and Josh McDaniels we remain brothers in arms until the end!

claymore
10-25-2013, 12:26 PM
You and I differ from time to time on issues Bronco related, but on Jake Plummer and Josh McDaniels we remain brothers in arms until the end!

Yeah, Im scared to even Comment on Cutler, Plummer... and Now Decker!!! I dont think we arent far off on Decker. I think he is good, I just dont see where the money is coming from.

MOtorboat
10-25-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm glad Manning is here. I missed going to the playoffs.

claymore
10-25-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm glad Manning is here. I missed going to the playoffs.

I miss winning in the playoffs. I love Manning, but I havent had a good feeling about the Playoffs since Elway retired. The 2005 AFCC team was one dimensional, and didnt have a chance.

Hawgdriver
10-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Maybe Jake was too much of a sensitive little snowflake. Maybe he expected loyalty in return for his loyalty. Maybe he expected a fair deal from imperfect executives and coaches.

At least now he has reconciled the business of the NFL and his personal feelings. You talk to any NFL'er and they'll tell you it a bitch, the business side, and you can't get your feelings hurt. Jake did.

I'd love to buy him a beer. As long as dog and SR approved it (the beer) first.

Dreadnought
10-25-2013, 12:34 PM
I miss winning in the playoffs. I love Manning, but I havent had a good feeling about the Playoffs since Elway retired. The 2005 AFCC team was one dimensional, and didnt have a chance.

We won a playoff game in 2011, anyways. There is that...

MOtorboat
10-25-2013, 12:36 PM

We're always going to disagree on Plummer. He was one of my favorites.

claymore
10-25-2013, 12:37 PM
We won a playoff game in 2011, anyways. There is that...

THen we got ass raped!!!

claymore
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM

I know. Im trying to be respectfull. I hate him like others hate Cutler. I like the past being the past. I kind of cringed when I saw this thread!!!!

Northman
10-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Maybe Jake was too much of a sensitive little snowflake. Maybe he expected loyalty in return for his loyalty. Maybe he expected a fair deal from imperfect executives and coaches.

At least now he has reconciled the business of the NFL and his personal feelings. You talk to any NFL'er and they'll tell you it a bitch, the business side, and you can't get your feelings hurt. Jake did.

Oh, i would buy the man a beer hands down. I just dont know if i could take him sobbing and slobbing in it. :laugh:

Northman
10-25-2013, 12:45 PM
I know. Im trying to be respectfull. I hate him like others hate Cutler. I like the past being the past. I kind of cringed when I saw this thread!!!!

Yea, pretty much came out of left field.

Buff
10-25-2013, 01:00 PM

Why?

chazoe60
10-25-2013, 01:02 PM
On one hand, I respect him for bucking conventional wisdom and doing what he wanted to do... On the other hand, as a fan of the Broncos, I think he was a QB who reached his ceiling in our AFC championship year and never could have had the stars align like that for him again. I completely agreed with moving on from him to Cutler at the time. And part of me feels like he is mentally weak for quitting a game that so many people who kill for the opportunity to play. I would love to have the luxury of quitting my job when it became too stressful. That is confirmation that Shanny made the right move IMO.
You say that you'd love to be able to quit your job but also call him mentally weak for doing just that. He wasn't mentally weak, he just had the opportunity that so many of us don't and he took it.

I honestly think if the NFL was just backyard football with your friends Jake would have played forever. I think the politics and stuff is what he didn't like. I never got the impression that he didn't love playing the game. His teammates, from what I've heard, all loved him.

Dreadnought
10-25-2013, 01:05 PM
I honestly think if the NFL was just backyard football with your friends Jake would have played forever. I think the politics and stuff is what he didn't like. I never got the impression that he didn't love playing the game. His teammates, from what I've heard, all loved him.

I don't think it was the politics he didn't like, it was the hard work and preparation. He was the anti-Manning in that respect. He wanted it to be backyard seat o' the pants football - something I really resented.

Buff
10-25-2013, 01:07 PM
You say that you'd love to be able to quit your job but also call him mentally weak for doing just that. He wasn't mentally weak, he just had the opportunity that so many of us don't and he took it.

He also played a game for a living and made millions of dollars doing so - so forgive me if I don't overflow with sympathy for his hardships. I respect that he followed his heart - but I also have zero use for him or his opinions now that he's ready to re-insert himself into football. He's a Honda Element-driving, handball playing hippie who couldn't take the heat. It bugs me that he seems to surface every season with an analysis on the Broncos.

Northman
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM

Definitely agree with this. But i do think his lack of taking it a step further is what held him back from being something more. It was one of the things that Shanny didnt care for and eventually lead him to draft Cutler. But yea, Jake loved playing but unlike John he didnt want to put in the xtra work to do what it took to be a champion. I think when Jake realized that it was actually a job and required more effort that he got tired of it.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
I like Jake Plummer. He's like a free spirit

MOtorboat
10-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Why?

Six years later I don't really feel like going too in depth about it. I liked the guy. I liked that he made this team competitive and got to the playoffs. I liked that he was a gunslinger and I liked that he didn't give a shit. Sometimes people are way too serious about this game.

Buff
10-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Six years later I don't really feel like going too in depth about it. I liked the guy. I liked that he made this team competitive and got to the playoffs. I liked that he was a gunslinger and I liked that he didn't give a shit. Sometimes people are way too serious about this game.

I hated that he didn't give a shit. He resented the fans, he resented his coaches, he thought the world was out to get him. He just wasn't cut out for the job.

MOtorboat
10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
I hated that he didn't give a shit. He resented the fans, he resented his coaches, he thought the world was out to get him. He just wasn't cut out for the job.

I'll let you guys get back to your Plummer bashing then.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 01:25 PM

I am glad we have manning too, but I know what you mean.

Buff
10-25-2013, 01:26 PM

Thank you, please try to keep the interruptions to a minimum.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 01:28 PM

I have to admit that I really didn't see much of his career in Denver. Remember now, I came in around 08, maybe 07. but I liked his style coming out of ASU. I dont' doubt what Buff and others say on him, I can see where he may not have cared at a certain point. sounds like he might have been a bit selfish as a player.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Thank you, please try to keep the interruptions to a minimum.

that is what I like about you buff. you are so classy even in informal discussions. and no trace of sarcasm ever.

Northman
10-25-2013, 01:35 PM

At the end of the day its about winning championships. If it didnt mean much, than Bowlen would of never fired Shanahan and would of continued to just let the team win a handful of games every year. There's being too serious (Cutler jawing at players every 5 minutes) than there is not giving a care at all and playing like shit whether you win or lose.

chazoe60
10-25-2013, 01:59 PM
He also played a game for a living and made millions of dollars doing so - so forgive me if I don't overflow with sympathy for his hardships. I respect that he followed his heart - but I also have zero use for him or his opinions now that he's ready to re-insert himself into football. He's a Honda Element-driving, handball playing hippie who couldn't take the heat. It bugs me that he seems to surface every season with an analysis on the Broncos.
I never said you should feel sorry for him. I just find it funny that you wish you could do what he did yet you still judge him for doing it.

claymore
10-25-2013, 02:11 PM

I liked him for a long time too. Especially when he was in Az. I defended him ad nauseam to my dad. The straw that broke the camels back is when he threw that left handed interception.

topscribe
10-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Yea, he basically did.
Plummer said he gave it 100% effort every down he played. What he did say
was that the love of the game wasn't there anymore for him. There is a
difference. He wasn't enjoying himself, but he still gave everything he had.
That's what I got out of it.

Buff
10-25-2013, 02:19 PM
I never said you should feel sorry for him. I just find it funny that you wish you could do what he did yet you still judge him for doing it.

I wish I could quit when things get stressful - but I also make peanuts for a living to sit in a 12x6 cubical year-round. He was compensated 10000x more than me to deal with the stress of playing a game for a living. I appreciate that he didn't think the stress was worth it and made his decisions accordingly. As a human being, I have no problem with the guy, as a football fan I think he is a weak loser.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I consider a 1st round bye as a playoff win.

If you felt you weren't into it, and should have retired, you aren't givign 100%. I think that was pretty evident after Cutler was drafted. Interestingly enough, if Jake would have been willing to spend time in the film room, Cutler wouldn't have been drafted by Denver. Some don't like Cutler BECAUSE he was drafted to take over for Plummer, even though the reason Cutler was drafted to take Plummer's place is because Plummer didn't want to put the work into it. :whoknows:

claymore
10-25-2013, 02:27 PM

You just want Plummer's lipstick you dirty old goat.

topscribe
10-25-2013, 02:29 PM
You just want Plummer's lipstick you dirty old goat.
The day you start viewing me as a goat is the day you won't find me anywhere . . .

Northman
10-25-2013, 02:30 PM

But at the end of the day he didnt care about it anymore. That reflects in your play and your preparation to which Dread eluded too. You can still go out and play the game 100% but when your basically just flying by the seat of your pants not caring one way or the other it reflects in your play. If you are mentally tuned out because you dont want to really be there its going to show. He was basically saying he was packing it in mentally and you cant do that if your trying to win ballgames.

claymore
10-25-2013, 02:32 PM
The day you start viewing me as a goat is the day you won't find me anywhere . . .

Well, id carry some vaseline in your pocket regardless. :eyebrows:

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 02:34 PM
although tubby reminds me of Jake Plummer, I found this read enjoyable. so he chimes up now and again., who cares. he's a young retired NFL player and sounds like the game is still a part of his life. I like a lot of what he says in the article, it was just his time, he knew that.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 02:36 PM
But at the end of the day he didnt care about it anymore. That reflects in your play and your preparation to which Dread eluded too. You can still go out and play the game 100% but when your basically just flying by the seat of your pants not caring one way or the other it reflects in your play. If you are mentally tuned out because you dont want to really be there its going to show. He was basically saying he was packing it in mentally and you cant do that if your trying to win ballgames.

yeah, there's some hypocrisy in saying that although you had lost the passion, you still gave it 100& every snap. to me that's an impossibility.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, Im scared to even Comment on Cutler, Plummer... and Now Decker!!! I dont think we arent far off on Decker. I think he is good, I just dont see where the money is coming from.

what are you and Dread's opinions on these men? youi love Cutler, I remember that. youi hate plummer it seems, but I thought Dread liked him. Zam hated Plummer. I miss Zam, sorry. what are youir thoughts on Decker? I dont' see how anyone can not like Decker. he's my kind of player, hard nose

claymore
10-25-2013, 02:42 PM
what are you and Dread's opinions on these men? youi love Cutler, I remember that. youi hate plummer it seems, but I thought Dread liked him. Zam hated Plummer. I miss Zam, sorry. what are youir thoughts on Decker? I dont' see how anyone can not like Decker. he's my kind of player, hard nose

Hate Plummer, Loved Cutler, Like Decker, but im not getting attached since I think he will be gone due to funds and depth at the position.

Dreadnought
10-25-2013, 02:47 PM

I never ever liked Plummer, AGap. Never did. Hated the signing, and never thought he was all that good - though I wanted him to be good because that meant Bronco wins. Like Clay, I liked Cutler. Unlike Clay, I couldn't help but like Tebow, notwithstanding his (very many) faults. Clay also undervalues Champ and overrated Clinton Portis. Other than that were are pretty simpatico.

claymore
10-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I never ever liked Plummer, AGap. Never did. Hated the signing, and never thought he was all that good - though I wanted him to be good because that meant Bronco wins. Like Clay, I liked Cutler. Unlike Clay, I couldn't help but like Tebow, notwithstanding his (very many) faults. Clay also undervalues Champ and overrated Clinton Portis. Other than that were are pretty simpatico.

As for the Portis/Champ thing I have always understood Bailey's greatness. I just thought it did us very little good. The defense was so weak it was easy to take him out of the game. It was impossible to take Portis out of the game, and I think he would have broken every Broncos rushing record their was.

If we would have drafted Steven Jackson instead of DJ effin DUI Williams, I would have been behind the trade.

claymore
10-25-2013, 02:53 PM
As for the Portis/Champ thing I have always understood Bailey's greatness. I just thought it did us very little good. The defense was so weak it was easy to take him out of the game. It was impossible to take Portis out of the game, and I think he would have broken every Broncos rushing record their was.

If we would have drafted Steven Jackson instead of DJ effin DUI Williams, I would have been behind the trade.

BTW we drafted Darius Watts with the 2nd round pick in that trade. :anger: thats one of the reasons Im against drafting injured players.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 02:54 PM
thanks for this responses. I liked the Jake the Snake hysteria coming out of ASU. I liked Jake Plummer, but remember, didn't watch much of him early on (at Denver). but I ask you this dread, how can you have hate for him. sounds to me like he won a lot of games for you.

I liked Jay Cutler, but although I dont' condsider him a bust, he may indeed fail to get a team to a superbowl. with Andrew Luck, Russel Wilson and others coming into the league. in hindsight, he had his chance in Denver. not saying I don't blame him for feeling the way he did in his situation.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2013, 02:55 PM
we lost 2 out of 3 starting LBs.... of course we were drafting Williams. Was the right draft choice..especially when Shanahan co uld get so much production from nearly every RB he had.

But I didn't like Portis. People have said that a corner is "easy to avoid" for so long, that I'm confused as to how they don't see that avoiding a player is actually DOING the job. That's not really avoiding.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 02:56 PM

effin eh clay, on Champ.

Dreadnought
10-25-2013, 02:57 PM
As a footnote, I was probably the only Brian Griese fan left by late 2002, though his total meltdown in the second Raider game proved even to me that his time was up in Denver and that it wasn't going to work. As unfair as these kind of things are I guess I resented Plummer for replacing Griese, even though Griese was the sole architect of his own downfall. Kind of irrational for me to blame Plummer for my boi Griese failing to live up to his 2000 promise, in the same way it was irrational to blame Cutler for Plummer's epic Christian Ponder-ish meltdown over the first 11 games of 2006

claymore
10-25-2013, 03:03 PM
we lost 2 out of 3 starting LBs.... of course we were drafting Williams. Was the right draft choice..especially when Shanahan co uld get so much production from nearly every RB he had.

But I didn't like Portis. People have said that a corner is "easy to avoid" for so long, that I'm confused as to how they don't see that avoiding a player is actually DOING the job. That's not really avoiding.

I dont think it was the right choice. Especially since we continued to play him out of postition. We never replaced Portis production. 29TD's and 3100 yards in 2 years. I remember losing Ian Gold, but we still had Wilson right?

Ravage!!!
10-25-2013, 03:10 PM
I dont think it was the right choice. Especially since we continued to play him out of postition. We never replaced Portis production. 29TD's and 3100 yards in 2 years. I remember losing Ian Gold, but we still had Wilson right?

We lost Gold and John Mobley. The amount of time we played him out of position just shows how lacking we were at LB, and thus the need to draft Williams was that much more important.

tripp
10-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I became a Broncos fan one night when I watched a Monday night game when Brian Griese played the Ravens in 2001. The Broncos lost, but I liked the team. I was in grade 6, and I was a huge Brian Griese fan after watching one game.. I got his jersey for Christmas and I don't think I took it off for a week. No more than a couple weeks after he was released, and Jake Plummer came in and got the starting job. I hated his guts..

After the initial shock of my favorite player leaving, I got used to Jake Plummer and damn he was fun to watch. I loved watching the boot let and airing it out to Rod Smith. In High school I grew my hair out just because Jake Plummer had long hair. The guy was a legend in my eyes, and when we lost to the Steelers in AFC Championship, I still respected him tremendously as he was breathing through the oxygen mask. It was a shame to see him take a back seat to Jay Cutler, but Jay Cutler's howitzer of an arm is what dreams are made of. Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall were fun as all hell to watch in Denver, when I feel a bit nostalgic I watch the Chi Bears to see what could have been, can't be that mad though since we got PFM, Orange Julius, Bey Bey Thomas, Welker and Decker.

claymore
10-25-2013, 03:15 PM
We lost Gold and John Mobley. The amount of time we played him out of position just shows how lacking we were at LB, and thus the need to draft Williams was that much more important.

We lost Mobley in 03/04. Gold was healthy but they let him go to Tampa. He came back the year after we drafted Williams. Id still have rather gone in another direction and drafted Jackson.

Northman
10-25-2013, 03:26 PM
As a footnote, I was probably the only Brian Griese fan left by late 2002, though his total meltdown in the second Raider game proved even to me that his time was up in Denver and that it wasn't going to work. As unfair as these kind of things are I guess I resented Plummer for replacing Griese, even though Griese was the sole architect of his own downfall. Kind of irrational for me to blame Plummer for my boi Griese failing to live up to his 2000 promise, in the same way it was irrational to blame Cutler for Plummer's epic Christian Ponder-ish meltdown over the first 11 games of 2006

I was the opposite although i liked Brian until he got hurt. But when Jake came i was really excited and for the most part he did what i thought he would do. But then it became evident of what his shortcomings were and a liability with his turnovers. He was just a more mobile version of Vinny Testicles to me which is adequate, just not great. But i think Jake really drew my ire when he turned it over 4 times vs the Steelers and then followed that up with 4 turnovers against the Rams to open the next season. I was so done with him at that point and couldnt wait to see Jay on the field.

Slick
10-25-2013, 03:26 PM
I groaned when we signed Plummer. Was not happy at all when we signed him. That said, I rooted my ass off for him every time he played.

claymore
10-25-2013, 03:29 PM
I think the only Bronco QB I hated before they got here was Orton, and Tebow. Loved Griese before he ended TD's career, loved Plummer before the left handed INT>

DenBronx
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM
I liked both QBs. Plummer was good for several years here but clearly he peaked. He mentally checked out and that was so frustrating to watch his last year. He was just done and would never put in the extra time Shanny was wanting out of him.

It's odd that there was so much outrage about us drafting Cutler though. You could see a huge differance in the way he threw the ball, especially the deep ball. I remember his first deep throw in Arizona and I was like wow....hadn't seen that in years. Most QBs can throw it deep but Cutlers passes had the zip and spin on it which made lazer throws. Is he a top 5 QB? No he isn't...he's not PFM but he is still alot better than what most teams have at QB......and a hellllllllllll of alot better than Kyle Orton.

Comparing the twos stats you can see Cutlers probably going to shatter Plummers and thats with him missing alot of games due to injuries.

Plummer was a winner though. That no one can dispute and that's really what made me like him the most......at least until he mentally checked out. It was time for a change.

DenBronx
10-25-2013, 03:55 PM
I groaned when we signed Plummer. Was not happy at all when we signed him. That said, I rooted my ass off for him every time he played.

I was a little worried because he was sort of terrible in Arizona. When we signed him you could see it was Arizona and not Plummer that was terrible. He was just on a bad team for several years and he finanlly was able to work with a coach that knew how to elevate his game.

Northman
10-25-2013, 03:57 PM
I liked both QBs. Plummer was good for several years here but clearly he peaked. He mentally checked out and that was so frustrating to watch his last year. He was just done and would never put in the extra time Shanny was wanting out of him.

It's odd that there was so much outrage about us drafting Cutler though. You could see a huge differance in the way he threw the ball, especially the deep ball. I remember his first deep throw in Arizona and I was like wow....hadn't seen that in years. Most QBs can throw it deep but Cutlers passes had the zip and spin on it which made lazer throws. Is he a top 5 QB? No he isn't...he's not PFM but he is still alot better than what most teams have at QB......and a hellllllllllll of alot better than Kyle Orton.

Comparing the twos stats you can see Cutlers probably going to shatter Plummers and thats with him missing alot of games due to injuries.

Plummer was a winner though. That no one can dispute and that's really what made me like him the most......at least until he mentally checked out. It was time for a change.

Yea, thats the thing i like about Jay's talent. He shows no fear when throwing, sometimes it can get him in trouble with INT's, etc. but man he has a great looking throw and great zip on the ball.

claymore
10-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Yea, thats the thing i like about Jay's talent. He shows no fear when throwing, sometimes it can get him in trouble with INT's, etc. but man he has a great looking throw and great zip on the ball.

I think if Jay had a quality OC, and was in the same system for a long time he would have been Bad ass. I think he is ruined now though.

Northman
10-25-2013, 03:59 PM
I think if Jay had a quality OC, and was in the same system for a long time he would have been Bad ass. I think he is ruined now though.

Same

chazoe60
10-25-2013, 04:02 PM
I think the only Bronco QB I hated before they got here was Orton, and Tebow. Loved Griese before he ended TD's career, loved Plummer before the left handed INT>
Plummer is my third favorite Broncos QB. Orton is my least favorite.

claymore
10-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Plummer is my third favorite Broncos QB. Orton is my least favorite.

I think I like Orton more than Plummer! :laugh: My reasoning, Orton couldnt help that he sucked. Plummer could. By that, I dont mean to say your 3rd favorite QB sucks.

DenBronx
10-25-2013, 04:14 PM

Chicago is the place where players go to die. It amazing he even got them to the NFCCG. They have the worst OL in history, I think he has had several new playbooks and OCs, their defense is old. They are not going anywhere being in the same division as GB anyway. They really are the bad news bears.

Nomad
10-25-2013, 04:18 PM

I would have bought him one if I would have known he was in Anchorage, before he went to Juneau. He really gained my respect recognizing his friend, Pat Tillman.

I still wish Shanny wouldn't have passed on that All Pro NG.

aberdien
10-25-2013, 05:01 PM
I always enjoyed watching Jake. Maybe not THE most talented player, but I think he achieved as much as he could achieve honestly. And man, who could forget all those gorgeous bootlegs.

DenBronx
10-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Jake Plummer aka the worlds most deadliest bootleg player in NFL history.

Peyton Manning has been watching his tapes.

BroncoNut
10-25-2013, 05:22 PM
jake the snake.

Northman
10-25-2013, 06:43 PM
I always enjoyed watching Jake. Maybe not THE most talented player, but I think he achieved as much as he could achieve honestly. And man, who could forget all those gorgeous bootlegs.

Against the Chiefs no less! God that team was such a sucker for it. :lol::lol:

Simple Jaded
10-26-2013, 02:31 AM
I think saying Plummer just wins is really selling him short, dude was a damn good QB. Loved the way he played and his attitude, both on and off the field. I thought the Cutler pick was an Aaron Rodgers pick for the future, because as Shanatan said the Broncos rarely have the draft position to take a player like that. The best case scenario would be Plummer start and Cutler wait his turn, but Cutler clearly outplayed Plummer with Kubes out of the picture and Shanatan clearly made the move before the lockerroom was ready.

It takes all kinds of QB's and no two are the same, ******** (Cutler), perfectionists (Manning), misfits (Tebow), bed-wetters (Orton) and Gods Gift to Football (Elway), the Broncos have had their share. Plummer is my 3rd favorite Broncos QB, he's the real deal.

atwater27
10-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Jake Plummer was perfectly coached by Shanahan. Most good plays Jake had were from expertly designed calls. He was an ultimate system QB. But when that system was legitimately challenged or coached against, like in the playoffs, his ceiling was dreadfully exposed.

Hawgdriver
10-27-2013, 08:01 PM

That sums it up for me, too, but I'll add that he has a certain mystical quality that I identify with, and I'm not sure it's an entirely appropriate attribute.

Hawgdriver
10-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Jake Plummer was perfectly coached by Shanahan. Most good plays Jake had were from expertly designed calls. He was an ultimate system QB. But when that system was legitimately challenged or coached against, like in the playoffs, his ceiling was dreadfully exposed.

Yeah, his ceiling was revealed. Whether he had a higher ceiling or not.

TXBRONC
10-28-2013, 12:08 PM
He didn't say that

Yeah he more or less. He said

"My heart wasn't in it, and I didn't want to be that guy who was letting my teammates down by not coming to work every day."
- Jake Plummer

He also said that had Denver won the Super Bowl in '05 he was ready to retire.