PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Jones - practice notes 10-23-13 Manning Not Throwing at Practice

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones

I didn't see all of the open part of practice, but guys who did say Peyton Manning wasn't throwing. That is quite interesting.

The WRs at practice are D Thomas, A Caldwell, Holliday and new PS receiver Chad Bumphis.

Only 4 WRs going through practice today for Broncos. Decker & Welker not out here.

TE Joel Dreessen also not practicing today for #Broncos. Team is in full pads.

Champ Bailey and Orlando Franklin out here watching practice, not participating. #Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5m

That's 5 offensive starters, 2 defensive starters not practicing. It is Wednesday.

Not practicing today: Peyton Manning, Eric Decker, Chris Kuper, Wes Welker, Orlando Franklin, Shaun Phillips, Champ Bailey, Joel Dreessen,

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 8m

Manning has minor ankle injury...espected to practice tomorrow for #Broncos.

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Just got an NFL app push notification. . . Manning not throwing at practice today.

****!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Manning is 37 years old, just had a long week. He probably just needs the rest. But either way, please proceed with freaking out. :D

G_Money
10-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Welp, there goes Manning's mobility. Now what can he do?

~G

TXBRONC
10-23-2013, 01:29 PM
The bye week can't come soon enough.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2013, 01:44 PM
manning has a very sore ankle but could play today if needed. eye opener for our oline ad staff hopefully

MasterShake
10-23-2013, 01:46 PM
I heard the report on the radio about an hour ago. Sounds like he's just resting his 37 year old bones for when it matters. Like others have said the BYE week can't come soon enough.

aberdien
10-23-2013, 02:26 PM
season's over fellas, never shoulda got rid of Tebow at least he wasn't injury prone

NightTrainLayne
10-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Damn NFL app. Pushed notification "Manning Not Throwing in Practice", and the story is three paragraphs basically saying just that.

Didn't mention that it's a "minor anke injury".

I was worried it was something wrong with his arm or neck.

Northman
10-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Its hat day, oh wait, we lost this week.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 49m

Manning: "It was (hard) to miss practice. Greek's call. I can assure you I didn't go down without a fight."
Retweeted by Vic Lombardi

tomjonesrocks
10-23-2013, 03:51 PM
I wonder if by "ankle" they actually mean "shoulder/arm/neck"....

Based on what we saw Sunday I am not sure I am buying it is an "ankle" he's got.

Glad they are resting him either way. He got beat up.

GEM
10-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Damn NFL app. Pushed notification "Manning Not Throwing in Practice", and the story is three paragraphs basically saying just that.

Didn't mention that it's a "minor anke injury".

I was worried it was something wrong with his arm or neck.

I got a text from CBS 4 that just said Manning did not practice today. That was it. :mad: FFS really!!!

GEM
10-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Decker has a picture of him with his foot up and his wife in the bathtub, said he is resting his foot. Must have done something to it.

broncohead
10-23-2013, 04:08 PM
The ankle will affect the throwing motion because of rotation so I wouldn't think to much into it. Just rest up and be 100 by gameday

BroncoJoe
10-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Decker has a picture of him with his foot up and his wife in the bathtub, said he is resting his foot. Must have done something to it.

His wife needs to stand up.

spikerman
10-23-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure Bailey can be considered a "starter" missing practice anymore.

Decker probably twisted his ankle turning too fast to complain to an official about (non-existent) pass interference.

aberdien
10-23-2013, 05:17 PM

looks like he's having a terrible day

Ravage!!!
10-23-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure Bailey can be considered a "starter" missing practice anymore.

Decker probably twisted his ankle turning too fast to complain to an official about (non-existent) pass interference.

That, or chasing down some really bad passes by Manning during Sunday's game.

topscribe
10-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Good grief, GEM! If you changed your avatar yesterday, it wouldn't be soon enough.

TXBRONC
10-23-2013, 05:59 PM
His wife needs to stand up.

Dirty old man. :tsk: :D

MOtorboat
10-23-2013, 06:00 PM
If I was Eric Decker, my check list for my day off would probably consist of:

_ Watch wife [Insert Activity]

SR
10-23-2013, 06:15 PM
I wonder if by "ankle" they actually mean "shoulder/arm/neck".... Based on what we saw Sunday I am not sure I am buying it is an "ankle" he's got. Glad they are resting him either way. He got beat up.

He got his ankle twisted against Jacksonville in the first quarter and aggravated it Sunday against Indy. Or so the story goes.

GEM
10-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Good grief, GEM! If you changed your avatar yesterday, it wouldn't be soon enough.

Awww topper and Carol, you don't like my zombie selfie?

claymore
10-23-2013, 07:50 PM
If I was Eric Decker, my check list for my day off would probably consist of:

_ Watch wife [Insert ding dong]

Fixed it for you buddy!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h

Screen shot: Manning grabs right ankle after Mathis sack in 3rd quarter. pic.twitter.com/QaObZVkgOB

TimHippo
10-23-2013, 08:46 PM
As long as it's not Manning's neck, it's good news.

Dzone
10-23-2013, 09:00 PM
season's over fellas, never shoulda got rid of Tebow at least he wasn't injury prone
Lmao!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2013, 01:39 PM
After a Wednesday practice that saw eight players sit out, the Broncos were in far healthier shape on Thursday. Only cornerback Champ Bailey, guard Chris Kuper and practice-squad guard Ben Garland did not participate.

Offensive tackle Orlando Franklin returned to practice after more than a week but was very limited.

Peyton Manning, who said Wednesday that he'd be back out there for the next practice, stuck to his word. The quarterback got plenty of reps during the media viewing period, which should quell some worries about the ankle injury he suffered Sunday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24379471/peyton-manning-back-practicing-broncos-one-day-after

broncohead
10-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Hopefully Franklin is back for this game and we don't put Thomas 1 on 1 with a DE again

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2013, 09:53 AM
It doesn't sound to me like Franklin is going to be back this week, but maybe I'm wrong.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2013, 09:58 AM
from article:

Although the biggest name to return to practice Thursday was Peyton Manning, who sat with an ankle injury Wednesday, don't overlook Wesley Woodyard. The linebacker practiced full speed for the first time since injuring his neck in the Oct. 6 game at Dallas. After missing 2½ games, he's ready to get back in the lineup.

Shedding his status as limited goes a long way toward suggesting Woodyard will indeed play in the Broncos' home game Sunday against the Washington Redskins, which should provide a big boost to Denver's defense.

Other injuries. The bulk of Wednesday's injured players returned to practice Thursday. Only guard Chris Kuper (ankle) and Bailey remained out, but offensive tackle Orlando Franklin (ankle) was very limited in drills.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24383482/broncos-briefs-lb-wesley-woodyard-practices-at-full

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones

Thom Brennaman is doing the play by play for Fox of #Broncos-#Redskins w/ Aikman.

Troy Aikman calling #Broncos-#Redskins on Fox w/out @buck, who is doing World Series. Aikman is here watching Broncos practice today.

Oh yeah, and Peyton Manning is full-go again at practice.

I'm told @D_Brut30 has defended his title in the weekly defensive backs one-handed-catch competition.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 10m

Champ Bailey called the re-aggravation of his foot injury a "small setback." He is hoping to return for Nov. 10 game after bye week.

Orlando Franklin was limited for the #Broncos, and is questionable for Sunday.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Broncos coach John Fox had some good words for his team's offensive line Friday when his injury report indicated a possibility Orlando Franklin could return to his tackle spot on the offensive line.

Fox officially listed Franklin as limited in practice and questionable for Sunday's game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High against the Washington Redskins.

But when asked how the offensive line stacked up for the game, Fox didn't rule Franklin out.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24388040/champ-bailey-miss-redskins-broncos-orlando-franklin-questionable

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 49m

Kevin Vickerson wasn't fined for any of his 3 personal fouls vs. Indy. But he was fined $10K for striking S. Satele in knee on PAT.

NightTrainLayne
10-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 49m

Kevin Vickerson wasn't fined for any of his 3 personal fouls vs. Indy. But he was fined $10K for striking S. Satele in knee on PAT.

Only 10k? Wow, he got off cheap.