PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Von Miller to make more of an impact as season progresses

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2013, 06:42 PM
So it seems, the tree that fell in the forest did make a sound.

Von Miller was library quiet in his return Sunday again the Colts. The game-changer didn't change the game. But beyond his two paltry tackles, Miller did make some sort of noise, according to advanced game study.

Per the site Pro Football Focus, which meticulously breaks down every player on every play, Miller graded out quite well (in fact a plus-4.5 overall grade, which tied for the league lead in Week 7 among 4-3 OLBs). The site also gauges pass rushing productivity (PRP), which according to the glossary: "Calculates a score to reflect the frequency of pressure generated by a defender. All sacks, hits and hurries are added up and (with sacks weighted heavier and some multipliers in place to give us a workable PRP score) then they're broken down on a per-pass-rushing-snap basis."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_24364108/broncos-von-miller-defense

TXBRONC
10-24-2013, 06:25 AM
I didn't expect him to come in and have a big game it would have been nice but I didn't expect it. That said, I'm confident it's not going to take long for Von to being the Von his first two years.

Now if Denver can just get Woodyard back onto the field I think the defense settle down even if Champ isn't able to go.

Northman
10-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Guess we will see.