PDA

View Full Version : Broncos add WR Chad Bumphis to the practice squad.

BroncoWave
10-22-2013, 03:49 PM
As an MSU fan, I am PUMPED about this move. I thought he was a better WR in college than King anyway. He showed some flashes for Miami in the preseason and I was a little surprised he was cut. He was a guy I was hoping we would draft, and hopefully he can develop into a guy that could make our roster next season.

DenBronx
10-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Who?

slim
10-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Is that a soft PH?

BroncoWave
10-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Who?

Rookie WR out of Mississippi State. Here is a profile on him:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/chad-bumphis?id=2539952

His numbers in college weren't great, but he always had CRAP quarterbacks throwing him the ball. He'll probably never be a starter, but i think he has enough talent to make a roster.

Skinny
10-24-2013, 06:35 AM
It mentioned working out Bumphis though that info seems a little late...

Source: Broncos try out Mike Anderson

Defensive End auditioned

He wasn't immediately signed to a contract by the Broncos.

Anderson has previous stints with the Chicago Bears, New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills and Houston Texans and has 36 1/2 career sacks and seven forced fumbles, including a dozen sacks as a rookie in Chicago and 10 sacks in 2011 in New England.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Broncos-try-out-Mark-Anderson.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

TXBRONC
10-24-2013, 06:41 AM

Defensive End auditioned

Anderson has previous stints with the Chicago Bears, New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills and Houston Texans and has 36 1/2 career sacks and seven forced fumbles, including a dozen sacks as a rookie in Chicago and 10 sacks in 2011 in New England.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Broncos-try-out-Mark-Anderson.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

If Denver can get someone in here that can put more pressure on opposing quarterbacks I'm all for it.

Lancane
10-24-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm sort of disgusted right now, the Broncos' Front Office is treating the symptoms and not the disease. Not that I am against adding defensive line depth, but it is by far and away not even close to being the problem with this squad. Shaun Phillips is tied for 7th in the league in sacks, we just got Von Miller back atop that, while Ayers is tied for 16th and Jackson 35th. Getting to the quarterback isn't the biggest problem for this defense, defensive coverage and play calling are. And who the hell are they going to replace? Phillips and Ayers are on pace to have double digit sacks, Jackson could be on their heals and with Miller back?

I'd be a bit more relieved if they were working out offensive lineman, especially offensive tackles and likewise cornerbacks. But the bigger problem for Denver at least defensively could well be Del Rio's game plans and play calling. Go back and watch game film, look how far Denver's defensive backs play off receivers and how far they are separated before they can make a break for the receiver, and they're too focused on stopping the receivers rather then getting after the ball and trying to defend the pass or get a turnover. Rushing the passer is not the problem.

As for Bumphis, he's basically replacing King and we see our front office is still not adept at drafting as much as we would like.

BigDaddyBronco
10-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Does this Bumphis guy own a bunch of hounds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPRdj1Ce4ao

Traveler
10-24-2013, 08:09 AM

Defensive End auditioned

I think they meant Mark Anderson

TXBRONC
10-24-2013, 08:14 AM
As an MSU fan, I am PUMPED about this move. I thought he was a better WR in college than King anyway. He showed some flashes for Miami in the preseason and I was a little surprised he was cut. He was a guy I was hoping we would draft, and hopefully he can develop into a guy that could make our roster next season.

Since you like the guy that's a good reason to be skeptical. :wave: :D

I am kidding.

CoachChaz
10-24-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm sort of disgusted right now, the Broncos' Front Office is treating the symptoms and not the disease. Not that I am against adding defensive line depth, but it is by far and away not even close to being the problem with this squad. Shaun Phillips is tied for 7th in the league in sacks, we just got Von Miller back atop that, while Ayers is tied for 16th and Jackson 35th. Getting to the quarterback isn't the biggest problem for this defense, defensive coverage and play calling are. And who the hell are they going to replace? Phillips and Ayers are on pace to have double digit sacks, Jackson could be on their heals and with Miller back?

I'd be a bit more relieved if they were working out offensive lineman, especially offensive tackles and likewise cornerbacks. But the bigger problem for Denver at least defensively could well be Del Rio's game plans and play calling. Go back and watch game film, look how far Denver's defensive backs play off receivers and how far they are separated before they can make a break for the receiver, and they're too focused on stopping the receivers rather then getting after the ball and trying to defend the pass or get a turnover. Rushing the passer is not the problem.

As for Bumphis, he's basically replacing King and we see our front office is still not adept at drafting as much as we would like.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that refuses to give JDR a free pass

Dzone
10-24-2013, 10:00 AM
He can return punts. Now we have a guy to replace Holiday if the fumbles continue

broncohead
10-24-2013, 03:15 PM
At this point of the season it would be very hard to find any kind of production from any position. I'm sure if the FO thought there was an OL or DB available that could help the team they would have been snatched up by now. Any team would be hurting if they had their franchise LT, centers, and their RT banged up.

Lancane
10-24-2013, 04:30 PM
At this point of the season it would be very hard to find any kind of production from any position. I'm sure if the FO thought there was an OL or DB available that could help the team they would have been snatched up by now. Any team would be hurting if they had their franchise LT, centers, and their RT banged up.

It's also possible they've become fallibly complacent as well.