PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Needs a Quarterback Badly........Sooooooo, with the trade deadline coming

WARHORSE
10-22-2013, 01:18 AM
I keep thinking what a waste it is for Adrian Peterson to be on the Vikings team.........I also have dreams where Adrian is running for us......and theyre all WOW dreams.

If Minnesota wants to be in the quarterback sweepstakes next year, they may want to consider their options at this point.

This is a passing league period.

But Adrian behind Peyton would be.............wow.

Magnificent Seven
10-22-2013, 01:21 AM
Trade CB Champ Bailey for RB Adrian Peterson. Blockbuster Trade 2.0

Draft a stud CB in 2014.

dogfish
10-22-2013, 01:26 AM
step away from the ether, everyone!

DenBronx
10-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Please don't run with scissors.

Moreno is leading the league in TDs for RBs.

Dapper Dan
10-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Vikings would be stupid.

DenBronx
10-22-2013, 01:36 AM
I was thinking he was suggesting trading one of our QBs.

Fine.....I guess give them Zac Desert for AP then. I didn't really want him to go but if we are looking for a backup to Moreno then I guess lets do it. *sigh*

ShaneFalco
10-22-2013, 02:05 AM
i would give them oz and dysert

Dapper Dan
10-22-2013, 02:10 AM
They have Freeman, Cassell, and Ponder.

WARHORSE
10-22-2013, 02:43 AM
Heres an even more inflammatory remark: Would you trade Von Miller, with his one year suspension hanging over his head, for AP?

AP in our offense just wouldnt be fair.

ShaneFalco
10-22-2013, 02:44 AM
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll nooooooooooo

WARHORSE
10-22-2013, 02:45 AM

If Moreno played for Minnesota he would have 0.

If AP played for us? Prob around 15 right about now.

WARHORSE
10-22-2013, 02:47 AM
Solves the problem that Mathis presented last night.

With AP in the backfield, we ALWAYS score in the redzone and if you put Mathis over CLark all game again we just run under him with AP.

Those nine yard runs by Moreno last night would have gone yard......

Falalalala.....lalalalaaaaa........

SR
10-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Are you fools high? The fact that people conjure this shit up and pass it off as legitimate ideas is mind blowing to me.

claymore
10-22-2013, 08:02 AM
I would trade Decker and a 2nd for Peterson.

MOtorboat
10-22-2013, 08:03 AM
I would trade Decker and a 2nd for Peterson.

And Minnesota would hang up the phone before you even got the words out of your mouth.

claymore
10-22-2013, 08:10 AM
And Minnesota would hang up the phone before you even got the words out of your mouth.

As they should. That doesnt mean I wouldnt pull the triiger though!

Dreadnought
10-22-2013, 08:31 AM
As they should. That doesnt mean I wouldnt pull the triiger though!

No freakin way would I trade anything for him, frankly. AP has been great, but at the end of the day he is still only a RB with 7 years worth of heavy mileage on him.

As for Minnesota needing a QB? Boy do they ever. Josh Freeman may actually be the third best option on this team, and having Cassell or Ponder as your best options...you never ever want that to happen to your team.

BigDaddyBronco
10-22-2013, 08:35 AM
I was playing Madden 25 the other day and it moved St. Louis to London. What is up with that?

claymore
10-22-2013, 08:43 AM
No freakin way would I trade anything for him, frankly. AP has been great, but at the end of the day he is still only a RB with 7 years worth of heavy mileage on him.

As for Minnesota needing a QB? Boy do they ever. Josh Freeman may actually be the third best option on this team, and having Cassell or Ponder as your best options...you never ever want that to happen to your team.

I know all this is a HUGE hypothetical but... You wouldnt take AP over any of our backs? He would have been the difference on Sunday night. We have a 2-3 year window which is what we would get with him.

Dreadnought
10-22-2013, 08:55 AM
I know all this is a HUGE hypothetical but... You wouldnt take AP over any of our backs? He would have been the difference on Sunday night. We have a 2-3 year window which is what we would get with him.

Oh I would gladly take AP over any of our backs, and I have even warmed some to Knowshon. I would trade the lot of them straight up. I've also got a better chance of having tea with God than of that happening - and I certainly wouldn't trade a 2 plus a younger WR who is second in the League in receiving yardage right now

Northman
10-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Oh I would gladly take AP over any of our backs, and I have even warmed some to Knowshon. I would trade the lot of them straight up. I've also got a better chance of having tea with God than of that happening - and I certainly wouldn't trade a 2 plus a younger WR who is second in the League in receiving yardage right now

All this^ Your a genius Dread.

Thnikkaman
10-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Peterson doesn't want to play anywhere else.

CrazyHorse
10-22-2013, 09:51 AM
I asked this before. Moreno, Miller, and a 1st for Jared Allen and Peterson. Probably giving up way to much though.

turftoad
10-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Peterson is not comming to Denver. Freeman had what, 6 days of practice, new team, new scheme, first time throwing to his receiving corps.
Sheesh, give the kid some time and a break.

Thnikkaman
10-22-2013, 10:24 AM
If I wanted a star piece from a team that needs help, I'd try getting JJ Watt from Houston.

Dzone
10-22-2013, 10:36 AM
we gotta keep dysert and oz for when peyton retires. Those two will battle it out to be the new qb. The vikings should pull off a herschel walker type trade for ap...they need a qb more than they need a rb

wayninja
10-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Peterson is not comming to Denver. Freeman had what, 6 days of practice, new team, new scheme, first time throwing to his receiving corps.
Sheesh, give the kid some time and a break.

He looked awful. And no, all of that can't be blamed on a new team. He was throwing passes that made no sense and got nowhere near receivers.

Dreadnought
10-22-2013, 11:17 AM
He looked awful. And no, all of that can't be blamed on a new team. He was throwing passes that made no sense and got nowhere near receivers.

I think it can mostly be blamed on Freeman being awful. Blaine Gabbart would be an improvement type awful

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2013, 12:06 PM

His mechanics looked fine. A lot of his throws were overthrows, which could be attributed to timing and adrenaline. I would give him a couple more weeks.

aberdien
10-22-2013, 12:10 PM
He did look awful. Tebow was more accurate. But Freeman is obviously mentally fragile at this moment, thrown into a game with little chemistry or knowledge of the offense and kept in. He also had no run game and no offensive line. While he was terrible I don't think it would be fair to judge him as a QB based on that game at all.

wayninja
10-22-2013, 12:50 PM
He did look awful. Tebow was more accurate. But Freeman is obviously mentally fragile at this moment, thrown into a game with little chemistry or knowledge of the offense and kept in. He also had no run game and no offensive line. While he was terrible I don't think it would be fair to judge him as a QB based on that game at all.

Can I judge him for his past games which admittedly didn't look as bad as this but were still full of suckage?

topscribe
10-22-2013, 12:53 PM
No QB for the future, but AP in the backfield.

How's that working out for Minnesota?

tripp
10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Vikings will be OK with Freeman. You don't honestly expect a QB to perform well away on Monday night with a limited playbook while practicing with receivers for almost a week?

TXBRONC
10-22-2013, 02:19 PM

This is why your acumen is questioned. Even in a alternate universe where Elway trades Osweiler and Dysert they still wouldn't bring Tebow back. He's not smart enough or good or enough for this offense.

DenBronx
10-22-2013, 03:42 PM
If Moreno played for Minnesota he would have 0.

If AP played for us? Prob around 15 right about now.

And you know this how?

Minn is running the wheels off of AP. His stats are drastically padded because that's ALL Minn does is run the ball. We are a passing team and an elite RB isnt a priority. Right now our OL and defensive is a much better priority. So most likely AP would have 15 TDs right now and I doubt Moreno would have ZERO like you think. Moreno is the perfect style of back for a Manning offense. Many of us on here have been saying that all year, again he FITS Mannings offense. Why fix something that isnt broken and why give up picks/players and put us in the red cap wise for a RB going on 30?

I don't want AP or his contract here.

Next.

weazel
10-22-2013, 03:48 PM
I keep thinking what a waste it is for Adrian Peterson to be on the Vikings team.........I also have dreams where Adrian is running for us......and theyre all WOW dreams.

If Minnesota wants to be in the quarterback sweepstakes next year, they may want to consider their options at this point.

This is a passing league period.

But Adrian behind Peyton would be.............wow.

you said it yourself... it's a passing league, Broncos dont need AP

DenBronx
10-22-2013, 03:58 PM
The thread title says Minn NEEDS a QB badly.

I guess he is suggesting we trade a QB to them but he goes on to suggest AP behind Manning would be "wow."

So that leaves Brock or Zac as his suggestion to trade to them or give up next years 1st. He doesnt clarify his thoughts there. Then a few post later he suggest Von Miller, which doesn't solve their QB need and gets rid of our best defensive player. Von is a top 5 defensive player in the whole damn league and younger than AP.

Sometimes when I am at home alone I too sit on my porch and gaze into the clouds while seeing unicorns.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2013, 04:22 PM

And then maybe you could be Peyton's backup, or the Broncos would be the first team in history to have only 1 QB on their roster.

wayninja
10-22-2013, 04:50 PM
And then maybe you could be Peyton's backup, or the Broncos would be the first team in history to have only 1 QB on their roster.

Dare I say Tebow?

Let the flames commence!

Simple Jaded
10-22-2013, 11:29 PM

Moreno for Peterson, maybe we could talk them into eating some of Peterson's contract too.

mouthofsouth
10-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Minnesota should call Brett.

claymore
10-24-2013, 02:11 PM

Man, I dont think we get Decker back next year. Wherever he goes, unless its GB, NE, or NO his numbers will drop signifigantly. Id rather have a non fumbling AP for 1-3 years.

Northman
10-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Man, I dont think we get Decker back next year. Wherever he goes, unless its GB, NE, or NO his numbers will drop signifigantly. Id rather have a non fumbling AP for 1-3 years.

I dont think he is going anywhere.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2013, 03:01 PM

So clay is saying that if he doesn't go to a team that has a premiere QB that throws the ball all over the place, his numbers will drop?? :confused: Noooo way! I guess it's a good thing we have him here where we DO have a premiere QB.

Slick
10-24-2013, 03:05 PM
I think Decker will be back if Peyton plays next year.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:08 PM
So clay is saying that if he doesn't go to a team that has a premiere QB that throws the ball all over the place, his numbers will drop?? :confused: Noooo way! I guess it's a good thing we have him here where we DO have a premiere QB.

lmao

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:13 PM
I am under the impression that we will be hovering around the max cap limit in 2014. I dont see us ouspending a team like Green Bay who needs receivers.

So clay is saying that if he doesn't go to a team that has a premiere QB that throws the ball all over the place, his numbers will drop?? :confused: Noooo way! I guess it's a good thing we have him here where we DO have a premiere QB.Yes?

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:14 PM

I think its the opposite. If Peyton doesnt play, we will have a shit ton of money and need good receivers. If Peyton does play, we will be poor, and he will make mediocre receivers look good.

MOtorboat
10-24-2013, 03:15 PM
I am under the impression that we will be hovering around the max cap limit in 2014. I dont see us ouspending a team like Green Bay who needs receivers.
Yes?

Green Bay doesn't need receivers on the roster. They just need receivers that are healthy on the roster.

Dreadnought
10-24-2013, 03:16 PM

That's my feeling as well. If PMFM wants the organization to bring him back then it will be so, even if that means Bailey is gone or restructured. His time is short and he isn't going to want to have to develop a working relationship with a FNG

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Green Bay doesn't need receivers on the roster. They just need receivers that are healthy on the roster.

They need both.

MOtorboat
10-24-2013, 03:20 PM
They need both.

Between Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson and James Jones, I'm not sure why'd they go after Decker. Now, I don't really know what their contract situations are, but...

Either way, if Decker finishes the season in the top 5 in receiving (he's currently second, and he led the league last year in TD catches), he's going to want a hefty contract.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Between Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson and James Jones, I'm not sure why'd they go after Decker. Now, I don't really know what their contract situations are, but...

Either way, if Decker finishes the season in the top 5 in receiving (he's currently second, and he led the league last year in TD catches), he's going to want a hefty contract.

I agree he is going to want a hefty contract. Thats the reason I dont think he will be back. I think Decker is as good as any of the GB WR's, and he hasnt been injury prone. I only used them as an example. I could see him in Dallas or somewhere is wife wants to live too.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:29 PM
I think its the opposite. If Peyton doesnt play, we will have a shit ton of money and need good receivers. If Peyton does play, we will be poor, and he will make mediocre receivers look good.

Unless Elway can encourage him to re-work his contract.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:30 PM

If that happens it will add to the Dukes legacy. But, Im not counting on it.

Northman
I still think he will be back. I just dont see him going anywhere. Just a feeling.

Slick

I don't think Peyton is going to want to break a new guy in, especially when he already seems to have a good chemistry with Decker, and I bet the front office will find a way. I think if Peyton leaves, Decker will go to the highest bidder.

You might be right though.

MOtorboat

I don't believe there's a contract to rework.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't believe there's a contract to rework.

What do you mean?

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:33 PM
What do you mean?

He needs an extension, not a reworked deal.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't think Peyton is going to want to break a new guy in, especially when he already seems to have a good chemistry with Decker, and I bet the front office will find a way. I think if Peyton leaves, Decker will go to the highest bidder.

We spend almost twice as much on O as we do D. We are fixing to lose Champ, DRC, Woodyard, Ayers? I think Elway tells Manning, you make $20 million a year, and have DT, Welker, OJ. We need Oline depth and Defense. Please make this jabronie WR work.

MOtorboat
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM
What do you mean?

As of the end of the season, Decker is a free agent.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:36 PM
He needs an extension, not a reworked deal.

Whatever the case, we cant keep paying him that kind of money. Especially if the defensive woes continue which is why i either hope we win it this year or he takes a pay cut.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:36 PM
As of the end of the season, Decker is a free agent.

Im talking about Manning.

MOtorboat
10-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Im talking about Manning.

Oh.

I don't think Manning should have to redo his contract.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:37 PM

And you might be right too. Decker is a good wr, I just think we have to many needs, tons of WR depth and a QB who makes 20 mil a year. I think some of the onus needs to be on manning to make WR's look good. Similar to how our line used to be with RB's.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Whatever the case, we cant keep paying him that kind of money. Especially if the defensive woes continue which is why i either hope we win it this year or he takes a pay cut.

I thought you were talking about Decker too. No way in hell Manning takes less money. Specially if he produces a SB ring.

Ravage!!!
Yes?

EVERY WR's numbers drop when they dn't have premier QBs. I think the statement of saying "if he doesn't have Manning, Brees, Brady, or Luck..his numbers will drop" is redundant. Of course the numbers will drop.

Northman
Oh.

I don't think Manning should have to redo his contract.

I do.

If the goal is to win a SB and we are nearly capped out than that leaves very little room to get added depth, keep talent, and add talent to the team. Strangle holding the cap wont help this team win a championship.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:40 PM
And you might be right too. Decker is a good wr, I just think we have to many needs, tons of WR depth and a QB who makes 20 mil a year. I think some of the onus needs to be on manning to make WR's look good. Similar to how our line used to be with RB's.

If thats the case, than ditch DT or Welker since they cost more. If Manning is supposed to make the receivers look good than you have to make cuts to the guys who are taking up most of the money.

MOtorboat
10-24-2013, 03:41 PM
I do.

If the goal is to win a SB and we are nearly capped out than that leaves very little room to get added depth, keep talent, and add talent to the team. Strangle holding the cap wont help this team win a championship.

Then the front office should have thought about that when they signed him. It's not Manning's job (nor any other player (read: Champ)) to HAVE to cut his salary, because Denver can't sign another player.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Specially if he produces a SB ring.

But he hasnt done that yet.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Then the front office should have thought about that when they signed him. It's not Manning's job (nor any other player (read: Champ)) to HAVE to cut his salary, because Denver can't sign another player.

Of course, thats why i was pissed about the Doom situation. John and some of the other players did it in 98' because they wanted to bring in more talented guys and win a championship. Its not that i dont think Manning is worth the money, but if the ultimate goal is to win championships and you have very little room to sign anyone that really doesnt help your cause.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:44 PM
EVERY WR's numbers drop when they dn't have premier QBs. I think the statement of saying "if he doesn't have Manning, Brees, Brady, or Luck..his numbers will drop" is redundant. Of course the numbers will drop.

Not necessarily. Great WR's have good numbers wherever they go. That was the point. Decker is a good WR that has great numbers right now, because of PFM.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:45 PM
But he hasnt done that yet.

He has produced more SB rings than paycuts.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Not necessarily. Great WR's have good numbers wherever they go. That was the point. Decker is a good WR that has great numbers right now, because of PFM.

No offense but thats the same with DT man.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:46 PM
He has produced more SB rings than paycuts.

Not for Denver. ;)

Ravage!!!
10-24-2013, 03:48 PM

But their numbers drop compared to the QB they have. A Great WR isn't going to have 'great' numbers when his QB is shit. I mean, look at Andre Johnson. Other than a couple seasons, his production has been very mediocre. Yet everyone talks as if he's one of the top WRs in the NFL. So if he's one of the top WRs in the NFL, I would think his numbers would go UP if he had a top QB, yes? That's the point.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:48 PM
I agree 100%. No offense taken. He is under contract for another year though. I think he has a much, much higher ceiling than Decker does though.

claymore
10-24-2013, 03:50 PM
But their numbers drop compared to the QB they have. A Great WR isn't going to have 'great' numbers when his QB is shit. I mean, look at Andre Johnson. Other than a couple seasons, his production has been very mediocre. Yet everyone talks as if he's one of the top WRs in the NFL. So if he's one of the top WRs in the NFL, I would think his numbers would go UP if he had a top QB, yes? That's the point.

He has never had a top QB though. Look at Brandon Marshall. He is going to get 100 receptions and a 1000 yards receiving wherever he goes. Not necesarrily considering him great. But he puts up great numbers with mediocre QB's.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2013, 03:50 PM

Welker wasn't great before Brady.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:51 PM
I agree 100%. No offense taken. He is under contract for another year though. I think he has a much, much higher ceiling than Decker does though.

Maybe, maybe not. Apparently his route running is suspect and he has one more fumble in his career than Decker. Fortunately i think John knows that he has to think beyond Manning and having a core group of young and up and coming receivers is going to be important. Welker is basically a mercenary for hire so his days are numbered as well. I just really dont see Deck going anywhere.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2013, 03:52 PM
He has never had a top QB though. Look at Brandon Marshall. He is going to get 100 receptions and a 1000 yards receiving wherever he goes. Not necesarrily considering him great. But he puts up great numbers with mediocre QB's.

THAT is my point! Johnson's numbers are DOWN because he doesn't have a top QB..right? Isn't that what I said? Chances are, that EVERY WR's numbers go down when they don't have a top QB. To say that Decker's numbers will go down because he leaves Manning is NO different than saying "Johnson's numbers aren't great because he doesn't have a top QB." It's the same thing.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:53 PM
THAT is my point! Johnson's numbers are DOWN because he doesn't have a top QB..right? Isn't that what I said? Chances are, that EVERY WR's numbers go down when they don't have a top QB. To say that Decker's numbers will go down because he leaves Manning is NO different than saying "Johnson's numbers aren't great because he doesn't have a top QB." It's the same thing.

I think Clay is insinuating that Schaub is a scrub.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2013, 03:57 PM
I think Clay is insinuating that Schaub is a scrub.

I think Schaub is pretty bad. But hsi original "jab" at Decker was that his numbers will/would go down if Decker didn't have Manning throw him the ball. I'm saying that happens with EVERY WR that doesn't have a top QB. Their numbers either GO down after leaving a top QB, or never have gone HIGH because they didn't have a top QB to begin with.

Now obviously I'm not saying Decker is some "great" WR. But I think it's fair to see that Manning trusts Decker enough as his #2 and go-to guy. He was Manning's "go to" guy before Welker and OJ were playing on the team. So either Decker is just REALLy good at being in the right spot at the right time, or... he's better than some want to give him credit for.

Northman
10-24-2013, 03:59 PM
I think Schaub is pretty bad. But hsi original "jab" at Decker was that his numbers will/would go down if Decker didn't have Manning throw him the ball. I'm saying that happens with EVERY WR that doesn't have a top QB. Their numbers either GO down after leaving a top QB, or never have gone HIGH because they didn't have a top QB to begin with.

Now obviously I'm not saying Decker is some "great" WR. But I think it's fair to see that Manning trusts Decker enough as his #2 and go-to guy. He was Manning's "go to" guy before Welker and OJ were playing on the team. So either Decker is just REALLy good at being in the right spot at the right time, or... he's better than some want to give him credit for.

Agreed.

And like i said before, you do have to look beyond Manning so to allow a receiver to take off or cut them wouldnt make a lot of sense. As good as Welker is or has been he has a lot of mileage.

claymore
10-24-2013, 04:00 PM

Johnson has put up huge numbers with a shitty QB, and no other offensive weapons until they got Foster. He averages 80 some catches and over 1000 yards a year. I dont think Decker puts up similar numbers in a similar situation.

claymore
10-24-2013, 04:03 PM

Now obviously I'm not saying Decker is some "great" WR. But I think it's fair to see that Manning trusts Decker enough as his #2 and go-to guy. He was Manning's "go to" guy before Welker and OJ were playing on the team. So either Decker is just REALLy good at being in the right spot at the right time, or... he's better than some want to give him credit for.I think we are in complete agreement. I dont think Decker is great, he is putting up great numbers right now becuase of the situation he is in. This will lead to his pricetag being overinflated.

Great WR's will suffer alot less than Decker will with a crappy QB.

Northman
10-24-2013, 04:14 PM
I think we are in complete agreement. I dont think Decker is great, he is putting up great numbers right now becuase of the situation he is in. This will lead to his pricetag being overinflated.

Great WR's will suffer alot less than Decker will with a crappy QB.

Yes, but the problem with your outlook is right now none of our receivers have performed well without a great QB. So really, going by your logic any of the receivers we have are expendable.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2013, 04:37 PM
DRC, Decker, Woodyard, Ayers, Chris Harris, Duke Ihneacho, Knowshon MOreno, Unrein, All up at the end of the year.

Who stays and who goes? I don't see how they will be able to bring Decker back without completely decimating the defense. Do you re-sign Decker and risk losing Thomas and Welker or even both the following year?

Ravage!!!
10-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Moreno, Ayers, and Unrein are three off the top of my head that I would feel ok with losing before Decker. Champ will be cut, too.

claymore
10-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes, but the problem with your outlook is right now none of our receivers have performed well without a great QB. So really, going by your logic any of the receivers we have are expendable.

Everyone on our team is expendable. I dont think Decker will stay because PFM will make another WR look just as good for less money than Decker will want. If I was JFE, I would take advantage of that because of all the other glaring needs. I just cant see paying him 5-10 Million a year. Id be shocked if it happened. Not pissed, but shocked. Well, Maybe pissed.

Slick
10-24-2013, 05:58 PM
DRC, Decker, Woodyard, Ayers, Chris Harris, Duke Ihneacho, Knowshon MOreno, Unrein, All up at the end of the year.

Who stays and who goes? I don't see how they will be able to bring Decker back without completely decimating the defense. Do you re-sign Decker and risk losing Thomas and Welker or even both the following year?

It's all going to depend on how long they think Peyton is going to play. I thought initially he had a chance to play out his entire contract but lately, I'm not so sure.

claymore
10-24-2013, 06:00 PM
It's all going to depend on how long they think Peyton is going to play. I thought initially he had a chance to play out his entire contract but lately, I'm not so sure.

If Peyton leaves we can keep all our guys!!!

Slick
10-24-2013, 06:03 PM
If Peyton leaves we can keep all our guys!!!

He looked like a 32 year old at the start of the season, but he looked like a 40 year old on Sunday night.

claymore
10-24-2013, 06:08 PM
He looked like a 32 year old at the start of the season, but he looked like a 40 year old on Sunday night.

He still put up 33 points with both Tackles missing, Ramirez as his center, and his best guard playing out of position. I think he did pretty well.

Slick
10-24-2013, 06:21 PM
He still put up 33 points with both Tackles missing, Ramirez as his center, and his best guard playing out of position. I think he did pretty well.

He is still great, don't get me wrong, I just thought he looked his age and doubts crept in my head about how much longer he might play. His football acumen will never let him down.

silkamilkamonico
10-24-2013, 06:43 PM
He is still great, don't get me wrong, I just thought he looked his age and doubts crept in my head about how much longer he might play. His football acumen will never let him down.

He wouldn't last more than a year or 2 with that line. But neither would Osweiler or Dysert, or any other QB in the NFL.

TXBRONC
10-24-2013, 06:57 PM

After the Giants game he said he didn't see himself being around long enough to play his brother Eli again. I've never been under the impression that he was play out his entire contract.

claymore
10-25-2013, 08:03 AM
After the Giants game he said he didn't see himself being around long enough to play his brother Eli again. I've never been under the impression that he was play out his entire contract.

He aluded to the fact he wouldnt be around in 4-5 years. His contract was for 4 years? I think he plays it out. If we can keep him upright.

CoachChaz
10-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Well, if things stay roughly the way they are...next years schedule will be pretty brutal. We'll see how he handles his age then. In the meantime, I think even 28 year old stud QB's have their bad games as well.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah. Manning didn't have his best game, but he's looked GREAT for the rest of the season. I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that one bad gme shows signs of the retirement shadow all of a sudden growing large. He's shown that he still has a TON of football left in him.

Dreadnought
10-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Well, if things stay roughly the way they are...next years schedule will be pretty brutal. We'll see how he handles his age then. In the meantime, I think even 28 year old stud QB's have their bad games as well.

A "bad game" in the context of PMFM is a relative term. The only really bad game he has had for us is 2012 Atlanta. There are a ton of stiffs in the NFL for whom the performance against the Colts might have produced their 2013 highlight video. His play in the Colts and Jagwads games were merely human, not what we had gotten accustomed to after the first five outings.

claymore
10-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Moreno, Ayers, and Unrein are three off the top of my head that I would feel ok with losing before Decker. Champ will be cut, too.

Im not willing to lose Moreno. We dont have a replacement even close to taking over. I know Decker is a sensitive subject, but At this point Moreno is more important to us than Decker is. JMO

MOtorboat
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Im not willing to lose Moreno. We dont have a replacement even close to taking over. I know Decker is a sensitive subject, but At this point Moreno is more important to us than Decker is. JMO

In the context of the general makeup of this roster, I would agree.

Lancane
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Sorry, but Denver has a lot more worries then Moreno (who isn't a free agent until 2015) and one of the least important even then. Eric Decker, Rodgers Dominique-Cromartie, Mike Adams, Robert Ayers, Zane Beadles, Stewart Bradley, Andre Caldwell, Tony Carter, Chris Harris, Trindon Holliday, Duke Ihenacho, Quentin Jammer, Winston Justice, Dan Koppen, Shaun Phillips, Mitch Unrein, Steve Vallos, JD Walton and Wesley Woodyard are the Broncos 2014 Free Agents. In 2015, Von Miller, Orlando Franklin and Rahim Moore are atop the list.

Moreno is expendable, he is not a premier back like Lacy is and what Denver hopes Ball will be. As for Decker, he is a fan favorite loved by Broncos' fans and a hell of a wide receiver, he's also Manning's favorite target and Osweiler and him get along as well - so I fully expect him to be re-signed after the season. Domique Rodgers-Cromartie will likely be given a long-term contract and Champ Bailey is likely to be released from the team. Beadles, Walton, Phillips and Woodyard will be the other key free agents Denver will need to decide on.

claymore
10-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Sorry, but Denver has a lot more worries then Moreno (who isn't a free agent until 2015) and one of the least important even then. Eric Decker, Rodgers Dominique-Cromartie, Mike Adams, Robert Ayers, Zane Beadles, Stewart Bradley, Andre Caldwell, Tony Carter, Chris Harris, Trindon Holliday, Duke Ihenacho, Quentin Jammer, Winston Justice, Dan Koppen, Shaun Phillips, Mitch Unrein, Steve Vallos, JD Walton and Wesley Woodyard are the Broncos 2014 Free Agents. In 2015, Von Miller, Orlando Franklin and Rahim Moore are atop the list.

Moreno is expendable, he is not a premier back like Lacy is and what Denver hopes Ball will be. As for Decker, he is a fan favorite loved by Broncos' fans and a hell of a wide receiver, he's also Manning's favorite target and Osweiler and him get along as well - so I fully expect him to be re-signed after the season. Domique Rodgers-Cromartie will likely be given a long-term contract and Champ Bailey is likely to be released from the team. Beadles, Walton, Phillips and Woodyard will be the other key free agents Denver will need to decide on.

Ahh good. I thought he was a FA in 2014. Until we find a replacement, he is the best we have though. His services have been underated IMO too.

Eric Decker, Rodgers Dominique-Cromartie, Mike Adams, Robert Ayers, Zane Beadles, Stewart Bradley, Andre Caldwell, Tony Carter, Chris Harris, Trindon Holliday, Duke Ihenacho, Quentin Jammer, Winston Justice, Dan Koppen, Shaun Phillips, Mitch Unrein, Steve Vallos, JD Walton and Wesley Woodyard

To me, the above bolded names from your list are "cant miss" type of resignings. Everyone else is expendabel to me. If we didnt have Welker or DT, than Decker would go back to the top of the list. I hope we can keep all these guys.

Simple Jaded
10-26-2013, 02:48 AM
Beadles should be replaced by a rookie draft pick, he's...eh, and he plays the same position as last years FA get. Signing him makes keeping Franklin in '15 even more difficult. Decker, DRC, Jr and Woodyard should be much higher on the priority list, imo.

As for Moreno's contract, his '14 season is a club option, it's only for $1.3-ish. From the sounds of it Manning really likes Slowshon so we'll most likely have another year of watching him plodding around Mile High.