PDA

View Full Version : The NFL announced Monday that Washington safety Brandon Meriweather has been suspended for two games.

DenBronx
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Also there is a video of Fox with an injury report. Said Bailey is week to week.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- This Sunday, the Broncos face the Washington Redskins in a Week 8 matchup.

They might do so with the opponent missing one of its starting safeties.

The league announced Monday that Washington safety Brandon Meriweather has been suspended for two games due to repeat violations this season of NFL safety rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenseless players. He had two such hits in Week 7's Washington-Chicago tilt.

NFL Vice President of Football Operations Merton Hanks imposed the suspension, which means Meriweather cannot practice, play or participate in any football activities during the two-game span. He would be reinstated on Monday, Nov. 4.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Washingtons-Meriweather-Suspended/972c0f86-1c37-492f-9da3-7f4775464493

BroncoWave
10-21-2013, 06:04 PM
From the clips I saw from the Bears game, seems warranted. He had two pretty bad headshots in that game, and is a multiple repeat offender. I'm glad he won't be around to injure one of our WRs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-21-2013, 06:35 PM
From the clips I saw from the Bears game, seems warranted. He had two pretty bad headshots in that game, and is a multiple repeat offender. I'm glad he won't be around to injure one of our WRs.

Yeah, no kidding. One week it's getting mugged, the next it's getting assaulted. :laugh: