PDA

View Full Version : Broncos DT Kevin Vickerson fumes over personal fouls

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2013, 03:19 PM
INDIANAPOLIS — Kevin Vickerson lost his cool.

After his second personal foul penalty Sunday night, both for removing his helmet, Vickerson steamed on the Denver Broncos' sideline, leaned over and punched an orange Gatorade cooler.

"When you get calls that don't go your way, you get cheap shots and [crap] like that, but still get called against you, what are you going to do then? You try to play through it," Vickerson told USA TODAY Sports. "But at the same time, it's frustrating, when you know you did everything right. You know what I mean?"

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/10/21/denver-broncos-indianapolis-colts-kevin-vickerson-personal-fouls/3142097/

slim
10-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Did everything right?

Idiot.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2013, 03:20 PM
from same article:

On that play, video replays showed Vickerson taking a shot at Satele's knee. Satele had to leave the game after the play and he did not return.

Vickerson said the game tape will show Satele's play wasn't clean, either.

"The guy kneed me in my head and jumped on my neck, and I got called for it. It's on tape," Vickerson said. "At some point during the game, I blacked out. It is what it is."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/10/21/denver-broncos-indianapolis-colts-kevin-vickerson-personal-fouls/3142097/

BigDaddyBronco
10-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Other than taking his helmet off, I don't have a problem with him. Watching the replay with Satele there was someone on top of him when he was bending Satele's leg. Don't start no stuff won't be no stuff....

claymore
10-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Other than taking his helmet off, I don't have a problem with him. Watching the replay with Satele there was someone on top of him when he was bending Satele's leg. Don't start no stuff won't be no stuff....

THe chest bump thing was ghey too. If he's gonna draw a flag, make it a memorable one. Knock luck into next tuesday.

weazel
10-21-2013, 03:28 PM
all kinds of stuff happens in a scrum of players, legs, arms or whatever get twisted, bitten, whatever... but taking your helmet off is just plain stupidity, especially twice.

BigDaddyBronco
10-21-2013, 03:31 PM
THe chest bump thing was ghey too. If he's gonna draw a flag, make it a memorable one. Knock luck into next tuesday.

That was just a BS flag. They should have thrown a flag on Luck for diving, he looked like an effin soccer player.

slim
10-21-2013, 03:32 PM

I didn't see Satele start that whole mess, but if he did then I can understand why he did it.

claymore
10-21-2013, 03:35 PM
That was just a BS flag. They should have thrown a flag on Luck for diving, he looked like an effin soccer player.

It was a shitty call. Last night wasnt our night...

VonDoom
10-21-2013, 03:35 PM
all kinds of stuff happens in a scrum of players, legs, arms or whatever get twisted, bitten, whatever... but taking your helmet off is just plain stupidity, especially twice.

Yeah, I couldn't believe the taking the helmet off thing. I thought Decker was going to get popped for that too after he was arguing the non-touchdown. I think this team just isn't used to losing and reacted badly to it. I agree with Welker that some people probably need to grow up. Maybe this will help and just be motivation for the rest of the season.

wayninja
10-21-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm betting this is who Welker is referring to when he says someone needs to 'grow up'. Probably not talking about his play, but the way he reacted.

AlWilsonizKING
10-21-2013, 03:54 PM

What's worse is Peyton took a much harder hit a couple seconds after he threw a pass, but there was no call on that one......BS.

PEACE!!!

Ziggy
10-21-2013, 04:04 PM
I wonder if Vick was one of the ones that Welker was referring to in his post game press comments.

Buff
10-21-2013, 04:12 PM
I want to give Vick the benefit of the doubt, but it kind of looks like he let frustration get the best of him. I think there is a definite fine coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eg6WXaoeGk

BigDaddyBronco
10-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Possobly, but he looks like he is hitting Satele, not twisting his leg, and he just gives out when the other Colt jumps on top of vick.

Ziggy
10-21-2013, 04:16 PM
That was a dirty shot by Vickerson. He should get a fine and suspension.

Buff
10-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Possobly, but he looks like he is hitting Satele, not twisting his leg, and he just gives out when the other Colt jumps on top of vick.

Right, but the question is why is he hitting Satele? There is no football move which would justify his action there. He is just frustrated trying to get a shot in on Satele's leg(s).

BigDaddyBronco
10-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Right, but the question is why is he hitting Satele? There is no football move which would justify his action there. He is just frustrated trying to get a shot in on Satele's leg(s).

No it was payback from getting a cheap shot by Satele earlier in the game. I'm sure Vick gets a fine, but it's not like he was putting an MMA move to try and injure the guy.

Buff
10-21-2013, 04:25 PM
No it was payback from getting a cheap shot by Satele earlier in the game. I'm sure Vick gets a fine, but it's not like he was putting an MMA move to try and injure the guy.

That could be the case. I don't think it was as dirty as Satele's reaction would suggest. He looked like he got shot.

BigDaddyBronco
10-21-2013, 04:30 PM
That could be the case. I don't think it was as dirty as Satele's reaction would suggest. He looked like he got shot.

Yea, it looks like the Colts are drama queens a little. Did you see Luck after he threw that bad pass that Reggie Wayne blew out his knee trying to catch. Right after he threw it he had his hands on his helmet.

The Colts CB's aren't drama queens though. They basically raped our WR's all night.

aberdien
10-21-2013, 04:57 PM

But is getting "payback" worth hurting your team's chances at winning? I say no and that makes him an undisciplined and childish player, at least last night.

Nomad
10-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Yea, it looks like the Colts are drama queens a little. Did you see Luck after he threw that bad pass that Reggie Wayne blew out his knee trying to catch. Right after he threw it he had his hands on his helmet.

The Colts CB's aren't drama queens though. They basically raped our WR's all night.

Wayne has a torn ACL, so I see how Luck was concerned because he probably recognized it. Vick did a bitch move and I agree with Ziggy.

G_Money
10-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Vick got flagged the first time for ripping off his helmet to complain to the ref about the guy trying to injure him (Satele). So he took care of the issue himself. That's one of the important parts of having the referees on the field. When players feel like they have to even scores themselves, they will.

Vickerson needs to keep a cooler head, but I understand. Hopefully it's a learning experience for him that the battle that matters is the one on the scoreboard, not the one with the guy across the line from him.

~G

Nomad
10-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Vick got flagged the first time for ripping off his helmet to complain to the ref about the guy trying to injure him (Satele). So he took care of the issue himself. That's one of the important parts of having the referees on the field. When players feel like they have to even scores themselves, they will.

Vickerson needs to keep a cooler head, but I understand. Hopefully it's a learning experience for him that the battle that matters is the one on the scoreboard, not the one with the guy across the line from him.

~G

Doesn't excuse him going after the guys knee like that.

MOtorboat
10-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Which begs the question...is an an open-handed, two-hand punch to the head a penalty?

slim
10-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Doesn't excuse him going after the guys knee like that.

I didn't care for it either, but I don't know what preceded it so I don't want to be too hard on him.

aberdien
10-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I didn't care for it either, but I don't know what preceded it so I don't want to be too hard on him.

Regardless he has to know better to do that in critical situations that might harm the team, which his penalties all quite significantly did. I don't care what happened before what he did, we ALL know that the one in retaliation is most often the one that gets caught.

ShaneFalco
10-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Why is this dirty pos still on this team?

He and Hillman should have been gone last night.

Ziggy
10-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Why is this dirty pos still on this team?

He and Hillman should have been gone last night.

I think that he should be fined and suspended, but let's not get carried away. It's not like Vic has a history of dirty play. He let his temper get the best of him. Hopefully this is a one time thing. Welker said in the post game interview that some guys on this team need to grow up. I wonder if Vic was one of the ones that he was referring to.

chazoe60
10-21-2013, 09:40 PM
I want to give Vick the benefit of the doubt, but it kind of looks like he let frustration get the best of him. I think there is a definite fine coming.

Doesn't this video also show an illegal chop block? Vick is getting hit high and low, that's supposed to be illegal.

MOtorboat
10-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Doesn't this video also show an illegal chop block? Vick is getting hit high and low, that's supposed to be illegal.

Yup.

It also shows another Colt throwing an open-handed punch to Vickerson's head.

Dapper Dan
10-22-2013, 01:41 AM
It's a penalty to take your helmet off, so there's no excuse for doing so. Everyone knows.

At the same time, I think the penalty is a little petty and stupid. What was the logical reason for making that a penalty? I know Turley(?) threw his up in the stands. I agree that's stupid. I just don't see the big deal in a player taking off his helmet while on the field after the play is over. I think there are just too many penalties. It's like laws. One gets taken off the books and fifty more get added. I don't know. Some rules just seem petty to me. And I can see how a player can accidentally commit the penalty, but I don't exactly get the harm caused. They can take it off and hit someone with it. But if they're going to do that, they already don't care about any penalty.

Spiritguy
10-22-2013, 12:38 PM
The punch was pretty bad but I wonder if he may have gotten hurt more when the colts player slammed Vickerson in the back and Vicks weight pushed Satele down. Added the gif so it can be seen a few times easier.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2013, 12:41 PM
That's a jpg, not a gif.

Spiritguy
10-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Noticed that. I tried to u/l the gif but it shows as a jpg ?? Is there something other than insert image to use for a gif?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Noticed that. I tried to u/l the gif but it shows as a jpg ?? Is there something other than insert image to use for a gif?

I just copy and paste, I don't use insert image. Can you just copy the image url and paste it?

Ravage!!!
10-22-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't think there is ANYTHING that shows Vick is "Going for his knee".

Spiritguy
10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
http://www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Samson-Satele-in-pain-cheap-shot-vickerson.gif

That works to show the gif, just doesn't embed. Thanks!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't think there is ANYTHING that shows Vick is "Going for his knee".

It looks like while he's on the guys back he's throwing a punch at the guy's like. Watch his right arm in the gif Spirit just posted above this post.

BroncoNut
10-22-2013, 01:05 PM

exactly. satele frustrated him and Vickerson punched him in the knee as we see in this video. I don't see any real blatant cheap play on the part of a Colt in this particular piece.

Spiritguy
10-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Agreed Ravage. All the angles I've seen show a punch but not what the "target" is. He is also hit by the colts other lineman (RG McGlynn #75) at the time he throws the punch. I'm just not sure Vick actually hurt him. Seems like all Vicks weight slammed the guy because of the colts lineman pushing him and that may be what hurt him. Or hurt him worse.

BroncoNut
10-22-2013, 01:12 PM
yeah, Vickerson should have left his helmet on, but I can understand his frustration if what he says is true. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but this happens all the time, it's always the second guy that get penalized.