PDA

View Full Version : It's CJ's Turn

Ziggy
10-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Not to start, but to back up Moreno. The Broncos can't trust Ball or Hillman to hang on to the rock. Time to deactivate one of them and give CJ a chance to get it done.

Hillman- 40 rushes, 2 fumbles
Ball- 43 rushes, 2 fumbles

Turnovers and pass defense are the two things that are keeping this team from being unbeatable. Let's help eliminate one of the two problems and give CJ a shot. At this point, Ball and Hillman have had their chance and failed to come through. Next man up.

underrated29
10-21-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm fine with that. I really really dislike Hillman. I like ball a lot, but not Hillman.

NightTerror218
10-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Rather deactive hillman. Ball is a rookies and just needs some time. Ball is suppose to the future back. Rather give him more carries. 1fumble was pushing for a TD and reaching, he won't be doing that again for sure.

GEM
10-21-2013, 12:25 AM
I can be on board with this. Hillman can't be trusted and he's too small anyways.

DenBronx
10-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Just put Hillmans ass on the practice squad. No ones going to sign this scrub.

He won't start but he will help split carries. He is a bigger, stronger back and we need all the help in the redzone that we can get.

Fox benched Moreno like 8 games last year. Why is Hillman exempt from the doghouse?

Davii
10-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Time to give him the same treatment KnoMo got last year, game day inactive unless needed. Let's see if CJ can get a carry or two without fumbling.

tripp
10-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Hillman was supposed to be our version of Darren Sproles. I think he might be a later bloomer, but we don't need late bloomers at the moment. From what I remember of CJ he has fast acceleration to compliment his speed. It made sense why we kept him.

With that being said though, I have a hard time trusting CJ considering he hasn't played 1 snap this year and he could quite easily have fumbling issues as well. We're approaching mid-season, not sure if it's the best to kill Hillman's confidence like this, it could be good or bad. Moreno has been an absolute godsend though.

We need Woodyard back..

BroncoWave
10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
I've been calling the "play CJ" movement pretty stupid all season, but even I'm starting to come around a bit now. Might as well give him a shot. What could it hurt?

VonDoom
10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Fox benched Moreno like 8 games last year. Why is Hillman exempt from the doghouse?

This is what I've been thinking. I'd like to see Ball be given a real chance to see what he has. I think we know what Hillman has at this point. CJ was the odd man out, but it's definitely worth giving him a shot here. How much worse could he be?

SR
10-21-2013, 08:33 AM
I've been calling the "play CJ" movement pretty stupid all season, but even I'm starting to come around a bit now. Might as well give him a shot. What could it hurt?

This is where I'm at.

Broncolingus
10-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Time to give him the same treatment KnoMo got last year, game day inactive unless needed.

At this point, I agree...

...crucial fumbles have been Hillman's m.o. going back to the preseason.

...he isn't anywhere closer to getting this fixed as we was coming out of preseason.

SR
10-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm beginning to doubt our coaching staff at this point. If Hillman plays a single down against the Redskins, I'm going to be pissed.

Nomad
10-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Interesting the coaches keep going back to the same RB that's not working. I wonder what they're seeing or is happening in practices to make those decisions.

Broncolingus
10-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Interesting the coaches keep going back to the same RB that's not working. I wonder what they're seeing or is happening in practices to make those decisions.

I too am beginning to have some doubts with the coaching staff...

...particularly in close games with above average / playoff caliber teams...

SR
10-21-2013, 09:38 AM
I too am beginning to have some doubts with the coaching staff...

...particularly in close games with above average / playoff caliber teams...

It's the same story as last year. We lost to the teams that mattered and beat all the ones that didn't. The first real team we played this year embarassed us.

Nomad
10-21-2013, 09:41 AM
It's the same story as last year. We lost to the teams that mattered and beat all the ones that didn't. The first real team we played this year embarassed us.

You talking about Dallas?

tomjonesrocks
10-21-2013, 09:48 AM
It's the same story as last year. We lost to the teams that mattered and beat all the ones that didn't. The first real team we played this year embarassed us. I don't think that's quite fair this year. Denver took the Ravens apart. Dallas played the best game they're going to play all season.

Anyway I'd rather them lose here than open with a loss against the Ravens.

SR
10-21-2013, 10:04 AM

No, I'm talking about last night. We beat Dallas.

SR
10-21-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't think that's quite fair this year. Denver took the Ravens apart. Dallas played the best game they're going to play all season.

Anyway I'd rather them lose here than open with a loss against the Ravens.

Baltimore also got beat by a one-win Shittsburgh team yesterday and was only .500 going in to the game. Dallas overachieved against Denver big time.

I know the team was bound to lose eventually and I'm not terribly upset that they lost, but I'm PISSED about the manner in which they lost. The team imploded.

BroncoNut
10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
who is CJ?

Hillman has made some really nice plays over the course of his latest campaign. I was real impressed with what he did in the B-more game last playoff. He has always made me a bit nervous though because of his ... what I might say "inadequate" size/frame for the position. but he really has impressed me with his seemingly strong ypc. but ball security is another issue and that's where I'm a bit more nervous.

G_Money
10-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Hillman needs to go have some long talks with Tiki Barber (who also had a fumbling problem that he corrected) about how to hold the ball as a dude without the biggest hands in order to secure it.

While he's doing that, absolutely play CJ. He has the most leg drive of any back on this team anyway. I wouldn't call CJ the most secure ball-handler either based on what I saw of him in college, but we could have used him on those interior runs that Moreno couldn't make on third-and-short.

With the injuries and adjustments to the line, our back is gonna need to carry a guy for 6 feet. Might as well play the back that can do that, because Hillman can't.

~G

BroncoWave
10-21-2013, 11:59 AM

And Dallas isn't a real team? They have been pretty decent this year. Baltimore is in the mix as well. It's not like we've played the Jags every week. As for the Colts, they smashed SF and also beat Seattle. No shame losing to them at their place by 6. It will be a different story if they come to Denver in the playoffs.

tripp
10-21-2013, 12:02 PM
And Dallas isn't a real team? They have been pretty decent this year. Baltimore is in the mix as well. It's not like we've played the Jags every week. As for the Colts, they smashed SF and also beat Seattle. No shame losing to them at their place by 6. It will be a different story if they come to Denver in the playoffs.

Different ball game without the turn overs. That's all there is to it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Different ball game without the turn overs. That's all there is to it.

Exactly; we turned the ball over 4 times on the road against a good team.....

CoachChaz
10-21-2013, 12:05 PM

I would argue that with 3 turnovers and poor play calling in a 6 point loss...we beat ourselves last night

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-21-2013, 12:08 PM
I would argue that with 3 turnovers and poor play calling in a 6 point loss...we beat ourselves last night

That's what I said last night....and technically it was four turnovers. Holliday's fumble didn't show up in the stat line because it was a special team's turnover. Manning threw a pick and also had a fumble. Hillman fumbled, and Holliday fumbled. That's a total of 4 turnovers.....or maybe they're not classifying the safety as a turnover. Either way, we turned the ball over 4 times.

BroncoWave
10-21-2013, 12:20 PM
We also dropped an easy interception. Last night was just really unlucky as far as turnovers are concerned. I REALLY hope we ave Franklin back by the KC game though. We will need him.

slim
10-21-2013, 12:23 PM

It takes them a long time to make moves like this. I'm not sure why, but I don't like it.

Nomad
10-21-2013, 04:45 PM

I watched that game on Saturday night too.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2013, 12:54 PM
That's what I said last night....and technically it was four turnovers. Holliday's fumble didn't show up in the stat line because it was a special team's turnover. Manning threw a pick and also had a fumble. Hillman fumbled, and Holliday fumbled. That's a total of 4 turnovers.....or maybe they're not classifying the safety as a turnover. Either way, we turned the ball over 4 times.

I thought that sack-fumbles don't count as turnovers in the stat sheet. Either way, the official turnover stat is three.

Buff
10-22-2013, 01:13 PM

I would argue that the Colts beat us soundly and forced us into those mistakes. I don't think we beat ourselves so much as we were beaten thoroughly by the more prepared, physical and aggressive team.