PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing

GEM
09-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Anybody else follow drag racing?

I've really gotten into this year with my dad and there was some interesting stuff at today's Nationals.

John Force has 4 cars in the funny car division. One is his, one is his daughters, one is his son in law's, I'm not sure on the 4th. There are also the Pedregon brothers. Tony Pedregon holds 1st place in points. Today had John Force against Hight with either Hight or Tony P's brother, Cruz getting into the final 10 in points depending on the winner of John Force vs. Hight. John Force smoked the tires and got off the grooves of the track and it gave Hight the win. With the win it knocked Cruz out of points contention.

There was a heated fight between John Force and Tony Pedregon.

Pedregon didn't like the fact that it looked like Force threw the race to get his guy in the top 4, he very well may have but it couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Sponsors are pulling out of motorsports like crazy with this economy. Whether right or wrong, the strategy worked. It kept his people in the race and kept the sponsors happy.

Another angle is that Pedregon had the opportunity to kick Hight out and then to kick Ashley Force Hood out. Neither happened.

It was good drama today though. :D

HB3BqQ65nbc

GEM
09-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Geez, I'm the only one that watches drag racing. I feel silly now. :lol: