PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Waive Chad Jackson!

Magnificent Seven
09-07-2009, 09:15 PM
The Broncos on Monday announced that wide receiver Chad Jackson has been waived.

The move makes room for Brandon Marshall to be placed on the team’s 53-man active roster.

Jackson joined the club as a free agent on Oct. 27, 2008. The fourth-year player totaled eight kickoff returns for 162 yards and a 19-yard catch in four regular-season games with the Broncos.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-waive-jackson/

Lonestar
09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
The Broncos on Monday announced that wide receiver Chad Jackson has been waived.

The move makes room for Brandon Marshall to be placed on the team’s 53-man active roster.

Jackson joined the club as a free agent on Oct. 27, 2008. The fourth-year player totaled eight kickoff returns for 162 yards and a 19-yard catch in four regular-season games with the Broncos.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-waive-jackson/

I suspect that everyone saw this one coming.. him not being a dynamo, merely a spare part if one broke..

One less player from the 2008 Broncos.. onward and upward with the rebuilding of the broncos..

BroncoWave
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Hopefully this will end the "McDaniels favors former Pats" myth. I'm not holding my breath though.

Lonestar
09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Hopefully this will end the "McDaniels favors former Pats" myth. I'm not holding my breath though.

but he wasn't "his" Pat.. he was a BJ..

TXBRONC
09-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I suspect that everyone saw this one coming.. him not being a dynamo, merely a spare part if one broke..

One less player from the 2008 Broncos.. onward and upward with the rebuilding of the broncos..

Yeah it's not like Jackson was drafted in the second round by the New Patriots before coming to Denver.

Lonestar
09-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah it's not like Jackson was drafted in the second round by the New Patriots before coming to Denver.

no need to be hostile about it ..

there are a lot of #2 picks that do not make it in the NFL and WR is probably higher on the fail list than other positions..

Hey I would have loved to see him make it big but some have it and some do not..

Buff
09-07-2009, 10:46 PM
And to think I wanted us to draft him with our #1 pick in 2006. That's embarrassing.

The 2 gators that we've drafted in recent years haven't really panned out either.

Magnificent Seven
09-07-2009, 11:03 PM

I remember we were expecting them to draft Chad Jackson. However, they drafted Jay Cutler in NFL Draft '06.

sneakers
09-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Is it just me, or do florda wide recievers always stink in the NFL?

I am thinking of Travis McGriff to name one.

honz
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
but he wasn't "his" Pat.. he was a BJ..
That sounds dirty.

Ravage!!!
09-08-2009, 12:26 AM
no need to be hostile about it ..

there are a lot of #2 picks that do not make it in the NFL and WR is probably higher on the fail list than other positions..

Hey I would have loved to see him make it big but some have it and some do not..

Wait!!! Someone please save this post by JR.. if this was about Shanahan, the quote would have been MUCH different!

Tempus Fugit
09-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Is it just me, or do florda wide recievers always stink in the NFL?

I am thinking of Travis McGriff to name one.

Gaffney and Hilliard spring quickly to mind as successful NFL receivers from Florida.

OrangeHoof
09-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Gaffney and Hilliard spring quickly to mind as successful NFL receivers from Florida.

That's a pretty low bar for success. The last successful Gator WR in the NFL was Cris Collinsworth.

CoachChaz
09-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Depends on the definition of success.

nbenallo33
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
is it just me or is it all theese high profile draft picks become busts... all of these top rated schools play a bunch of nobodys all year, of course there gonna look good. and when they are drafted they are all about "show me the money" thats why i think bradstater in the 6th round is gonna be better then like a leinart or a vince yong or even a matt stafford

TXBRONC
09-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I remember we were expecting them to draft Chad Jackson. However, they drafted Jay Cutler in NFL Draft '06.

I remember Jackson's name being kick round on the message board as a possibility. I also remember Maroney's name coming up as possibility before Denver moved up to take Cutler.

Ray Finkle
09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I remember Jackson's name being kick round on the message board as a possibility. I also remember Maroney's name coming up as possibility before Denver moved up to take Cutler.

The Broncos were trying to trade back into the first to get Maroney after Cutler was drafted. If they couldn't get Cutler, they would have taken Maroney.

Ravage!!!
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
The Broncos were trying to trade back into the first to get Maroney after Cutler was drafted. If they couldn't get Cutler, they would have taken Maroney.

Thank god we missed on that one. Maroney is a HUGE bust... and would never have gotten a single thing for him in trade.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Maroney could have done well here in Denver. He would have went to a ZBS he was familiar with at Minnesota and wouldn't have missed a beat. Unfortunate how things turned out for him.

In regards to the Florida receivers, Florida does a great job at getting great, raw, athletic talent on their team. Very few of their wide receivers ever pan out well as professionals. Florida is a college who produces a lot of these players. They coach players to be great at the collegiate level, as evident of their ultra athletic players who get by in that regard as opposed to being wholesome football players. Coincidentally, they struggle in the NFL. Texas is another one of these schools.

honz
09-08-2009, 12:03 PM
is it just me or is it all theese high profile draft picks become busts... all of these top rated schools play a bunch of nobodys all year, of course there gonna look good. and when they are drafted they are all about "show me the money" thats why i think bradstater in the 6th round is gonna be better then like a leinart or a vince yong or even a matt stafford

Brandstater will be better than Elway, book it.

Ray Finkle
09-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Thank god we missed on that one. Maroney is a HUGE bust... and would never have gotten a single thing for him in trade.

If Maroney is used right, he could be a better version of Tatum Bell or on par with Tiki Barber in his early years.

NickelTG
09-09-2009, 03:04 AM

:shocked:

West
09-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Not really surprising.

Florida has been notorious for producing FAR more busts than good NFL players.

Lonestar
09-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Not really surprising.

Florida has been notorious for producing FAR more busts than good NFL players.

but they do put alot into the system so who knows what the average really is..

West
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
but they do put alot into the system so who knows what the average really is..

Off the top of your head, name 5 good pros who went to college at Florida.

honz
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow

West
09-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow

Tebow is now playing in college AND in the NFL now?

Did he get called up to heel Brandon Marshall? :shocked:

honz
09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Tebow is now playing in college AND in the NFL now?

Did he get called up to heel Brandon Marshall? :shocked:
Tim Tebow is the greatest player in the history of sport.

West
09-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Tim Tebow is the greatest player in the history of sport.

Kyle Orton is better.