PDA

View Full Version : Broncos waive Tavarres King

BroncoWave
10-19-2013, 01:19 PM
This is odd. Wonder why we tried to keep him from GB if we had no intentions on keeping him. Maybe they figured GB would sign someone else and he would be safe back on the PS for a little while longer.

Tweet from Adam Schefter:

"Broncos waived wide receiver Tavarres King and activated linebacker Von Miller to their 53-man roster."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-19-2013, 01:31 PM
That was a pretty lame move if you ask me.

WTE
10-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Well that's a pisser!

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2013, 01:36 PM
It is confusing, unless they want to keep him, and bring him back on the PS. GB did sign a receiver - http://www.fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/packers-put-cobb-on-ir-sign-wr-white

Maybe the Broncos did what they did to keep King from GB, and are now hoping no one else will claim him.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h

Broncos didn't fill spot on PS this week, so perhaps King will be re-signed there if he clears waivers. King was a 5th rnd pick this yr.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-19-2013, 01:40 PM
There goes King's respect for the franchise. I'm pretty disgusted they would do that and ruin his shot at a 53 man roster.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2013, 01:48 PM
There goes King's respect for the franchise. I'm pretty disgusted they would do that and ruin his shot at a 53 man roster.

King had said that he would prefer to stay with the Broncos. We have no idea if they talked to him before waiving him.

Broncolingus
10-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Interesting move...

WTE
10-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Please come to Boston for the Spring time.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-19-2013, 02:01 PM
King had said that he would prefer to stay with the Broncos. We have no idea if they talked to him before waiving him.

Thats true Carol, but on the surface it looks like a bush league move.

Con_Valian
10-19-2013, 02:07 PM
I bet he knew this was going to happen. Plus he got some extra cash out of it.

WTE
10-19-2013, 02:15 PM
I guess he has to clear waivers so I would expect NYJ to put in a claim.

Ravage!!!
10-19-2013, 02:16 PM
I don't think the Broncos screwed the guy. I bet they made the move to KEEP him from going to GB, because he didn't want to go to GB. It's MORE probable that the Broncos did what the player wanted rather than believe that the Broncos did something to screw the guy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-19-2013, 02:30 PM
I don't think the Broncos screwed the guy. I bet they made the move to KEEP him from going to GB, because he didn't want to go to GB. It's MORE probable that the Broncos did what the player wanted rather than believe that the Broncos did something to screw the guy.

Its not like he would have had to sign with GB.

AZBronco
10-19-2013, 02:43 PM

I hope this is the case. NFL careers are short, and if a player gets a chance to be on an active roster over a PS most will jump at the opportunity. I just don't want the Broncos to be known for screwing a player out of a chance at a dream. I'll believe it was a strategic mutual decision unless I hear otherwise.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2013, 02:51 PM
from article:

The Broncos signed King off their practice squad so they could prevent him from signing with the Green Bay Packers, and after all the shuffling around the NFL at the receiver position this week in Green Bay and elsewhere, the Broncos have essentially prevented King from suiting up this weekend for any team at all.

This is a puzzling move, as the Broncos were so dead set on keeping King around. Are they going to try to get him through waivers a second time now that teams have already made roster moves at the receiver position? Claims have been made around the league, so this might be another shrewd move by the organization.

full article - http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/10/19/broncos-waive-wr-tavarres-king-make-room-von-miller/

BroncoWave
10-19-2013, 03:01 PM
**** off loser. Brady is a faggot.

:lol: Welcome to the board! You seem like a real straight shooter.

Slick
10-19-2013, 03:03 PM
I like this guy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-19-2013, 03:03 PM
That's one way to introduce yourself. :laugh:

Poet
10-19-2013, 03:44 PM
**** off loser. Brady is a faggot.

Please be less subtle, sir. I could barely decipher the meaning of your post.

tomjonesrocks
10-19-2013, 06:15 PM
This is one of the more ****** up things I've heard an organization do recently. If King's not onboard with this plan (and I can't understand why he would be) this is one of the worst moves (if not the worst) of a regime that's done little wrong. It's just brutal if I am understanding this correctly. Dude could be missing a golden opportunity with GB catching passes this weekend from Aaron Rodgers.

The team needs to make a statement about this--it really looks shameful.

SR
10-19-2013, 06:19 PM
It's a business. The Broncos do things in THEIR best interest first. All of the morality police can take a seat.

Nomad
10-19-2013, 06:22 PM
It's a business. The Broncos do things in THEIR best interest first. All of the morality police can take a seat.

Explain to me why people are wound up? I'm not savvy on the business side of the NFL. What did the BRONCOS do to screw King....not sure who he was in the first place?

Foochacho
10-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Probably hoped GB would give up a late round pick for him . Can't blame them for wanting to keep the talent they draft. Might have big plans for him next year if we can't keep Decker.

Foochacho
10-19-2013, 06:26 PM
This is one of the more ****** up things I've heard an organization do recently. If King's not onboard with this plan (and I can't understand why he would be) this is one of the worst moves (if not the worst) of a regime that's done little wrong. It's just brutal if I am understanding this correctly. Dude could be missing a golden opportunity with GB catching passes this weekend from Aaron Rodgers.

The team needs to make a statement about this--it really looks shameful.

How does that benefit us? We drafted him and deserve to use him how we want. Duke Ihenacho was a practice squader last year and is now a starter. He will get his chance if he works hard.

Army Bronco
10-19-2013, 06:28 PM
It's a business. The Broncos do things in THEIR best interest first. All of the morality police can take a seat.I looked over a list of players when he was promoted and I couldn't find any player I thought we could waive to keep King. We need the backups in the secondary and LBs. We really have only 1 reliable RB. Our Oline is depleted and Dline injuries appear common. Our WRs are set for now. Not worth waiving any of our TEs. Who could we have waived?

Dzone
10-19-2013, 06:34 PM
No need to feel sorry for him. This is how you work your way up. 5th round draft picks arent always the cream of the crop. Is he coming back on the ps?

SR
10-19-2013, 07:22 PM
No need to feel sorry for him. This is how you work your way up. 5th round draft picks arent always the cream of the crop. Is he coming back on the ps?

If he clears waivers I'm sure he will be back on the practice squad.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-19-2013, 07:41 PM
from article:

King did get one week big-roster rookie pay of $23,823 this week from the Broncos. Salary cap and financial considerations may have been behind the Broncos' decision to move King back off their roster Saturday. Cutting a veteran player this late in the season would have meant paying his full-year salary.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24345398/broncos-release-tavarres-king-activate-linebacker-von-miller

Spiritguy
10-19-2013, 09:22 PM
I bet he knew this was going to happen. Plus he got some extra cash out of it.

Yep looks like a minimum of 3 weeks of active pay minimum.

If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, they will receiver a minimum of three paychecks, even if they are released before spending three weeks with the team.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/31/4677982/nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility

Simple Jaded
10-19-2013, 11:36 PM
I would assume all these scenarios were discussed with King and his agent

Denver Native (Carol)
10-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 11m

Good for Tavarres King -- claimed by the Panthers. Finally gets a real spot on a 53-man roster.

jhildebrand
10-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Great! Now Tavarres King becomes this year's Brett Kern!

jinxed!

BroncoWave
10-21-2013, 04:23 PM
So all that hoopla to keep him from GB for nothing. Odd.

tomjonesrocks
10-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Broncos couldn't have ****** this up worse.

DenBronx
10-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Eh....what are you gonna do? You guys are all crying about keeping King when we are loaded at WR. Caldwell was going to be next man up anyway.

Teams are wanting to cherry pick from our roster now. What? Did you think we were going to get a 5th or 6th rounder for him??? lololol

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Eh....what are you gonna do? You guys are all crying about keeping King when we are loaded at WR. Caldwell was going to be next man up anyway.

Teams are wanting to cherry pick from our roster now. What? Did you think we were going to get a 5th or 6th rounder for him??? lololol

I'm not crying about keeping him. I just thought the way they handled it was kind of bush league. I suppose if they thought he was the eventual replacement for Decker they would have tried a little harder to keep him.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 13m

Broncos sign WR Chad Bumphis to their practice squad. He replaces Tavarres King.

Lancane
10-22-2013, 05:46 PM
So basically he becomes a wasted draft pick? That doesn't leave me with warm fuzzy feelings for the front office among their other miscues at this point.