PDA

View Full Version : The final injury report for Denver's Week 7 game at Indianapolis

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Friday-HealthONE-Injury-Report/d96e338d-0341-4fc4-b396-621ec1704ec7

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones

Walton still on PUP, prob will be for 2 more weeks. RT @Charly555: is JD Walton inactive? Will his return shuffle the O line again?

This is from the "no duh" file, but John Fox also confirmed that Von Miller would indeed be starting in his first game back from suspension.

John Fox said Wesley Woodyard would be a game-time decision. Woodyard said yesterday he would be playing vs. Indy.

From #Broncos injury report: Orlando Franklin is doutbtful. Wesley Woodyard questionable. Ayers, among others, is probable.

CrazyHorse
10-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Miller's return means we'll be starting Irving instead of Lenon at MLB right? Who is starting at RT, Justice?

VonDoom
10-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Miller's return means we'll be starting Irving instead of Lenon at MLB right? Who is starting at RT, Justice?

I'd assume if Woodyard is good to go, he'll be the MLB. Funny that he says he's definitely playing but is listed as questionable ...
If he can't go, then I would rather see Irving out there.

And I'm pretty sure I read that they're moving Vasquez to RT, and Kuper will play at RG, like they did in the Jacksonville game after Franklin was hurt.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2013, 04:18 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- It may not be the return most showed up at the Broncos complex to talk about this week, but the team finished the practice week Friday feeling pretty good about the return they’ve been waiting to see.

Linebacker Von Miller, who was back on the practice field Monday for the first time this season after a six-game suspension for violating the league’s substance policy, finished the week well, Broncos coach John Fox said, and is on track to start against the Colts.

“He’s had a great week of practice. Obviously he’s got a lot of energy, he’s got fresh legs,’’ Fox said. “He’s excited about playing and his teammates are excited about watching him.’’

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/1778/broncos-set-for-miller-woodyard-in-lineup

Joel
10-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Hope Woodyard's 100% (and not just because I'd rather him than Irving at Mike.) After that report about Miller gaining 20+ lbs. I'm a little worried he may not be as fast, but reckon we'll see. Glad to see Ayers and Phillips were both full participants Friday; having them to bookend Miller makes me feel a lot better than just Miller would. I'm also curious whether Millers return makes it easier for our ends to get to the QB; if he has no sacks but they get a half dozen because he's doubleteamed, that's just as good as him getting those sacks himself.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 6h

#Broncos will have to make a roster move before Sunday's game to formally activate Von Miller.

DenBronx
10-18-2013, 11:18 PM
I thought they released someone already for him? Maybe it was King and then we had to officially sign him to the 53 to keep him away from the Packers?

I bet it's one of the DBs that get released.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-19-2013, 12:26 AM
Having Woodyard and Ayers with Miller would be huge against the Colts.

Ziggy
10-19-2013, 01:53 AM
I thought they released someone already for him? Maybe it was King and then we had to officially sign him to the 53 to keep him away from the Packers?

I bet it's one of the DBs that get released.

My guess is either Tamme or Caldwell. We should find out soon.

olathebroncofan
10-19-2013, 06:32 AM
I thought there was a report staying that they get a one week roster exemption for suspended players

LTC Pain
10-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I thought there was a report staying that they get a one week roster exemption for suspended players

I read the same!

Spiritguy
10-19-2013, 01:00 PM
As I understand it, that exemption just means they didn't have to release anyone until the end of this week vs monday when Von returned.

Skinny
10-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Broncos waived wide receiver Tavarres King and activated linebacker Von Miller to their 53-man roster.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Broncos waived wide receiver Tavarres King and activated linebacker Von Miller to their 53-man roster.

Wow, that was really shrewd...not cool really. They did all of that just to keep the Packers from signing him?