PDA

View Full Version : AFC West Blog Intel on Colts Defense

LTC Pain
10-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Thought this was interesting enough to post here. Found this in the AFC West Blog QB Watch. The Colts aren't that good against the pass. We will see if PM can exploit the Colts' LBers :) And I'm not worried about our O-line at all.

Prediction: Colts coach Chuck Pagano, a longtime defensive assistant in the league, has long talked about keeping an offense’s “game-wreckers" from tipping the scales, but the Broncos' passing game will be his defense’s stiffest test of the season. The Chargers, No. 3 in the league in passing, are the only team the Colts have faced this season with a passing game ranked above 22nd. The Colts can bring the pressure at times -- they have 19 sacks this season -- but in looking at how the Colts have played so far, Manning should find some room to work with the Broncos' tight ends and running backs against Indianapolis linebackers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/63084/qb-watch-broncos-peyton-manning-3

HORSEPOWER 56
10-16-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm a little concerned about Robert Mathis vs an Oline without Franklin, but Manning is smart enough to find Mathis pre snap and recognize when he needs to adjust protection.

I worry a little about the defense but hopefully Von can contribute big in getting a pass rush this week.

I hope Manning absolutely shreds the Colts this week to the tune of 300+ yards and 4 TDs.

TXBRONC
10-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Mathis looks like the only one who is consistently getting sacks. He has 9.5 sacks no one else has more than 3.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I wonder if their LB crew will be fully healthy...I watched the Monday night game and one of their LBs went down early with a concussion and SD just ran all over them after that.

Joel
10-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Thought this was interesting enough to post here. Found this in the AFC West Blog QB Watch. The Colts aren't that good against the pass. We will see if PM can exploit the Colts' LBers :) And I'm not worried about our O-line at all.

Prediction: Colts coach Chuck Pagano, a longtime defensive assistant in the league, has long talked about keeping an offense’s “game-wreckers" from tipping the scales, but the Broncos' passing game will be his defense’s stiffest test of the season. The Chargers, No. 3 in the league in passing, are the only team the Colts have faced this season with a passing game ranked above 22nd. The Colts can bring the pressure at times -- they have 19 sacks this season -- but in looking at how the Colts have played so far, Manning should find some room to work with the Broncos' tight ends and running backs against Indianapolis linebackers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/63084/qb-watch-broncos-peyton-manning-3
Just because they haven't played topping passing offenses doesn't mean their passing D is no good; it's 6th overall (I wish ours were that good.) That's even though Landry didn't play Monday (or the week before, I believe.) The Bolts may have a good passing offense, but they beat Indy on the ground against the 31st ranked run D. I'm kind of looking forward to that IF losing Franklin doesn't hobble our running game too much; the Colts are as bad as every against the run.

What's interesting is that everyone thinks of Luck and Wayne when they think of Indy, but their passing offense is only 21st; Bradshaw and Richardson have given them the 6th best rushing offense. That plays to our strengths IF everyone's healthy, but Ayers and Woodyard were still listed as limited today, and Phillips joined them. If we face them with JUST Miller, plus Wolfe and Jackson, that could be bad. Jackson had a pretty good game Sunday, but Indy's not the leagues worst offense.

I'm a little concerned about Robert Mathis vs an Oline without Franklin, but Manning is smart enough to find Mathis pre snap and recognize when he needs to adjust protection.

I worry a little about the defense but hopefully Von can contribute big in getting a pass rush this week.
I still don't believe in Mathis, but do worry about losing Franklin. It is what it is: He's out; hopefully Vasquez/Painter at least partly fills his void. Ideally the latter; one more line change>two.

Joel
10-16-2013, 11:59 PM
I wonder if their LB crew will be fully healthy...I watched the Monday night game and one of their LBs went down early with a concussion and SD just ran all over them after that.
Freeman; their injury report shows him with a concussion, so league rules say he couldn't practice today but can be limited tomorrow (I think it's tomorrow.) After that, we'll see. He's the only one I saw listed.