PDA

View Full Version : Question About Pre Game Festivities For a Newbie

Edskin
10-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Redskins fan here, coming up to the game from OKC. Been doing some research on pregame stuff and was hoping to get some feedback from those who would know best.

I normally do the tailgate thing (organized one in Dallas last week), but considering I'm unfamiliar with Denver area and won't have the necessary stuff, I'd prefer to just find a cool place to hang pregame that will be hassle free.

We are staying at a Doubletree about 5 miles from downtown. I think the plan is to take the metro to the stadium... So no parking issues. I've read about some sort of set up inside the stadium with TVs for early games, food, etc? That sounds good to me because I love watching the early games and if we are already in the stadium I assume we can be at our seats in no time. Also read about Mile High Station.

Here are my goals:

Easy to access from metro
Ability to watch early games
Be able to purchase food/drink
Easy walk to stadium

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Davii
10-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Unless you have club seats you won't get in the club, Mile High Station is literally in the parking lot but will be packed. Wander around the lots, someone will take pity on you.

I'm sure the locals will chime in and help you, sorry I'm not more help.

MasterShake
10-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Right off the Lightrail there are lots of places just a stop or two from Mile High. Wynkoop is a good local place. Just google downtown denver sports bars, the buses and lightrail are all easily accessible from the city.

underrated29
10-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Brooklyn's. If you get off the light rail at the stadium follow the crowd and hang left when they go right. Brooklyn's is practically under colfax,a bout 3 blocks sw of it. If that doesn't make sense (which it prob won't) it's right next to lot m or directly south of where all the blowup things and festivities are held right outside of the stadium.

Just look up Brooklyn's. There are two of them. One next to Pepsi center. You don't want that one. You want the one near federal and colfax. It's a great big bar with food and drink, tons of tvs and there will be a ton of people there, get there early and you might get a nice spot on the big ass patio they have.

If that doesn't do it for you take the light rail to 16th st mall. There is a plethora of places there, then just hop back on light rail to stadium or you can walk it. It's about 3/4 mile walk.

I'll be there somewhere tailgating.

underrated29
10-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Ummmm. That 3/4 mile walk is actually longer, unless you know the short cuts. I wouldn't walk it if you don't know the area. Plenty safe but just won't know how to get there and it's pretty far mile or 2 if not.

Edskin
10-15-2013, 10:54 PM
If we got to Mile High Station at 10:00 or 10:30, is it packed that early? Considering I don't know the area and where I'm going or how long it will take to get from point A to point B, the idea of a place that close to the stadium is appealing. But if I won't be able to move once inside I can see why people would advise against it.

Very much appreciate the replies. Keep me coming if anyone has something else to offer.

underrated29
10-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't know if it'll be packed that early. It's possible but I doubt it. Closer to game time though I'd expect it to get crowded.

GEM
10-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Love Brooklyn's.

underrated29
10-16-2013, 10:47 AM
On a side note, i think it would be wiser to remove the "ed" part from your name and substitute it with something else....like "4" for example.

Edskin
10-24-2013, 09:53 PM
We've decided to go with Mile High Station and get there early to secure a spot. We are staying at the Doubletree on Quebec St. I called the hotel and they made it sound like taking the light rail from that area is a big pain. I will have a rental car and don't mind driving but wanted to avoid it if possible considering I'm unfamiliar with area. Advice on getting from hotel to Mile High Station by about 10:00 that morning?

BroncoJoe
10-25-2013, 07:42 AM
The best way would be to jump on I-70 West to I-25 South. They have signs for the stadium exits. Parking isn't that bad, and relatively inexpensive if you find an off-stadium lot. At 10AM, there won't be much traffic and much better than trying to navigate side streets and going through downtown.