PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News - Richard Quinn Arrested

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Suzy Wargin, 9news, just reported that Quinn was arrested this afternoon on harassment charges related to domestic issues. It is not posted on their site yet.

Nomad
09-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Amazing!:tsk: What's it with some NFL players harassing/beating up women....assuming it is a woman he's harassing!

Tned
09-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Dang, just when you think things are looking up (resisting urge to comment on new high character players... Ooops, just did, sorry).

LRtagger
09-07-2009, 06:33 PM
:wacko:

spikerman
09-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Well it has been a couple of weeks without any bad news coming out of Dove Valley. I guess they were due. :rolleyes:

LRtagger
09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Nothing on google yet

Simple Jaded
09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Not to make excuses for the waste of two No3's, but harassment doesn't necessarily mean he's a wife-beater.......

LRtagger
09-07-2009, 06:38 PM
scratch that

http://archive.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=122848

getlynched47
09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
http://www.9news.com/sports/pro_football/nfl/denver_broncos/article.aspx?storyid=122848&catid=72

ARAPAHOE COUNTY - A member of the Denver Broncos was booked into jail on Monday afternoon on a harassment charge. Richard Quinn is being held without bond on a harassment charge related to domestic violence until he can see the judge on Tuesday.

The Broncos traded into the second round for Quinn during the 2009 draft. He is a tight end out of North Carolina.

He is listed third on the depth chart behind Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler.

Great character guy :werd:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-07-2009, 06:41 PM
http://archive.9news.com/genthumb.ashx?e=3&w=193&h=129&i=/assetpool/images/090907072019_09-07-09-richard-quinn.jpg

Relax, it is his evil twin Ricahrd

Ray Finkle
09-07-2009, 06:47 PM
always trying to one up the Chargers....wonderful...

NameUsedBefore
09-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey, I bet there are people from news organizations observing this topic.

Hi.

Devilspawn
09-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Right on schedule.

I almost forget that the Chiefs are in this division, with their mere firing of their OC.

Lonestar
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Wow guilty before a trial. But then this just #1 has has 12 to go before he gets into BM's class.

Think I will wait awhile before hanging him.

spikerman
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Wow guilty before a trial. But then this just #1 has has 12 to go before he gets into BM's class.

Would you feel this way if Shanahan had drafted him? ;)

I kid, I kid!!!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
DAMN - Pat just might have to create a new position - TEAM BABYSITTER - and offer it to Rod - looks like he could be busy this year :tsk:

Tned
09-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Denver Post Reports:

According to an Arapahoe County Sheriff’s report, Quinn’s girlfriend called 911 from a neighbor’s house after the couple got into an argument. She told deputies that Quinn “grabbed her and shook her to the ground” and took her cell phone away to prevent her from calling police.

According to the report, Quinn admitted to taking the phone, but said he only grabbed the girlfriend after she “started hitting him in the face.”

The report says that Quinn had no sign of injuries to his face.

Read the rest of the article: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/

BroncoWave
09-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Well if someone is slapping you in the face that's probably not going to leave injuries, so that doesn't necessarily mean Quinn is lying.

Tned
09-07-2009, 07:26 PM

I was going to post 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... here comes a Jr bash of Marshall, but I resisted...

Guess I shouldn't have resisted the urge to post that, as it would have been near perfect timing. :laugh:

T.K.O.
09-07-2009, 07:27 PM
he just did it to take the heat off brandon.....
;)

Shutdown
09-07-2009, 07:36 PM
OH NOOOOO!

Not our third string TE. He was set to have a HUGE year... :coffee:

Tned
09-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Denver Post Reporting:

Denver-based attorney and NFL agent Peter Schaffer said his client, Broncos tight end Richard Quinn, will be held in jail overnight even though the rookie did all he could to diffuse a hostile situation involving the mother of Quinn’s 1-year-old daughter.

“”This was an unfortunate personal situation,” Schaffer said. “”However I’m very proud the way Richard handled this delicate situation by diffusing what otherwise could have been a potentialy dangerous situation.

“”When all the facts come out, people will find out Richard’s done nothing wrong. Richard’s No. 1 concern right now is the welfare of his daughter and to avoid any negative light brought to the Denver Broncos, Riuchard and his family.”

“Richard did everything he was taught to do (through various NFL rookie programs that deal with potential off-field siutuations) to diffusean otherwise irrational person and he’s the person sitting in jail,” Schaffer said.

Read the rest of the article: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/07/agent-says-quinn-did-everything-right/

shank
09-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Denver Post Reporting:

hope so.

underrated29
09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Nope, he is a head case, a cancer. lets cut him or trade him for the first offer we get. Afterall he has as many convictions as brandon marshall.

nbenallo33
09-07-2009, 08:51 PM
you can pick up a DV over nothing.. i wouldnt make much of this... jmo

MOtorboat
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Not good. :tsk:

Unfortunately, you can get suspended, or put on the watch list, without ever really do anything wrong, and that's possibly exactly what Quinn has done.

Lonestar
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Would you feel this way if Shanahan had drafted him? ;)

I kid, I kid!!!!!!

Yeah I think I would, as right now most folks are jumping to the he must be guilty because he is a Bronco or a receiver or he must be like others..

IIRC I backed Marshall and Rod for that matter when they FIRST got into trouble.. but once it got to repeat offender status in some cases quadruple offender status.. I decided where there is smoke there is fire..

as to someone that stated he has as many convictions as marshall.

wow that is a zinger..

I think we all know that marshall has laid his hands on women more than one time.. even though the jury OJ'd him..

T.K.O.
09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Not good. :tsk:

Unfortunately, you can get suspended, or put on the watch list, without ever really do anything wrong, and that's possibly exactly what Quinn has done.

at least he's not shacked up with someone named tequila.:D

Magnificent Seven
09-07-2009, 09:12 PM
We don't need him. We have Graham and Scheffler.

Lonestar
09-07-2009, 09:15 PM
We don't need him. We have Graham and Scheffler.

OR we can get Putz back in a heart beat..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Buff
09-07-2009, 09:17 PM
OR we can get Putz back in a heart beat..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bring back Nate Jackson!

BroncoAV06
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Surprised that there haven't been more Broncoforums people arrested on assult charges the way things have turned this off-season....

Always like to wait in these situations, sadly it is assult more times then not but I have also seen chicks go crazy (neighbors last night), so wait and see it is.

Northman
09-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Bwhahahahahahahaha, oh man. Can we not catch a break? lmao

But hey, we moved up and gave away more draft picks for this cat. Woohoo!

Lonestar
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Surprised that there haven't been more Broncoforums people arrested on assult charges the way things have turned this off-season....
Always like to wait in these situations, sadly it is assult more times then not but I have also seen chicks go crazy (neighbors last night), so wait and see it is.

:salute:

That one needs to be repeated many more times this year.. post of the thread..

honz
09-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Wow. Lot's of overreactions in here. People talking like his career is over. He likely will get off scotch free from this episode if he has a decent lawyer...sounds like a he said, she said case. Hard to get a conviction from that.

Kaylore
09-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Wow. Lot's of overreactions in here. People talking like his career is over. He likely will get off scotch free from this episode if he has a decent lawyer...sounds like a he said, she said case. Hard to get a conviction from that.

But some of us don't like players who beat their women and don't want to root for women beaters on Sunday. I think players that are wife beaters that get good lawyers and get off suck whether they're a Bronco or not. I want to see women beaters behind bars. I hope he learns because of this.

frauschieze
09-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Bring back Nate Jackson!

Or better yet....Chad Mustard!

drewloc
09-07-2009, 11:44 PM
But some of us don't like players who beat their women and don't want to root for women beaters on Sunday. I think players that are wife beaters that get good lawyers and get off suck whether they're a Bronco or not. I want to see women beaters behind bars. I hope he learns because of this.

He wasn't put in jail due to beating her though. I agree with your statement, and hopefully this is just a one off deal. We will see I guess...

sneakers
09-07-2009, 11:46 PM
I have no idea who Richard Quinn is.

sneakers
09-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Or better yet....Chad Mustard!

He has only signed 27 times with the Broncos

BroncoWave
09-07-2009, 11:47 PM

But you really have no way of knowing if Quinn is a woman beater since this is such a he said she said case, and it would be unfair to him to make assumptions. Now if he gets arrested multiple times for this then it would be fair to make that assumption but not at this point.

honz
09-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Um, what if he is innocent???

sneakers
09-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Wait....he's the Turduckin we traded one of our picks away to get with the last pick in the 2nd round, right?

Kaylore
09-08-2009, 12:19 AM
But you really have no way of knowing if Quinn is a woman beater since this is such a he said she said case, and it would be unfair to him to make assumptions. Now if he gets arrested multiple times for this then it would be fair to make that assumption but not at this point.

Um, what if he is innocent???

I hope he is. And while I know that some of these women try and shake down players by throwing a fit so they can sue them for their new cash they're making as players, most of the time these cases have some truth to them. Many players grew up in broken homes and don't know how find and treat women or manage their anger. I suspect there is some truth to both their stories.

The bottom line is whether he hit her or she's crazy, Quinn needs to know better.

OrangeHoof
09-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Dude, why not cash a few paychecks first before slapping around the (fill in the blank). You're just a rook and a third-rounder at that, meaning YOU HAVEN'T MADE SQUAT. Now that bonus money will be wasted on a lawyer and court costs and you haven't even played a down yet.

Not good, bro. Not good.

broncofaninfla
09-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I am not impressed with this kid at all. For somebody who was supposed to be a fierce blocker I watched him get knocked on his *ss consistently. Now this? We actually traded up to get this guy. :tsk:

TXBRONC
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
I am not impressed with this kid at all. For somebody who was supposed to be a fierce blocker I watched him get knocked on his *ss consistently. Now this? We actually traded up to get this guy. :tsk:

I do believe you're innocent until prove guilty. What's interesting is that there are a few people that are willing give Quinn the benefit of doubt but willing to do the same for other players.

broncofaninfla
09-08-2009, 09:20 AM
I do believe you're innocent until prove guilty. What's interesting is that there are a few people that are willing give Quinn the benefit of doubt but willing to do the same for other players.

I agree, I have seen friends who were railroaded first hand by thier girlfriends/wives.
My knock is more on his play to date.

TXBRONC
09-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I agree, I have seen friends who were railroaded first hand by thier girlfriends/wives.
My knock is more on his play to date.

Agreed.

G_Money
09-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Quinn's just trying to uphold our fine tradition at TE.

He's just picking the TE of the 80s, Clarence Kay, instead of the TE of the 90s, Shannon Sharpe.

Oops. Honest mistake.

~G

Tned
09-08-2009, 10:34 AM

He's just picking the TE of the 80s, Clarence Kay, instead of the TE of the 90s, Shannon Sharpe.

Oops. Honest mistake.

~G

Yep, Sharpe smacked around the Pats, rather than wives/girlfriends.

BigDaddyBronco
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
So Quinn got a "obstruction of telephone service harassment charge" according to the Denver Post. Not assault or battery, or both. He took the phone away and grabbed her while she was beating on him.

Since we have never heard anything negative about this guy I'm not going to pass judgment. Sounds like a typical domestic dispute, not "wife beating".

Requiem / The Dagda
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Dick Quinn would never hit a woman.

Tned
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
So Quinn got a "obstruction of telephone service harassment charge" according to the Denver Post. Not assault or battery, or both. He took the phone away and grabbed her while she was beating on him.

Since we have never heard anything negative about this guy I'm not going to pass judgment. Sounds like a typical domestic dispute, not "wife beating".

I haven't seen that from the Post. Was that on their site today?

This is what they had yesterday, which clearly was Quinn and the girlfriend telling different stories:

According to an Arapahoe County Sheriff’s report, Quinn’s girlfriend called 911 from a neighbor’s house after the couple got into an argument. She told deputies that Quinn “grabbed her and shook her to the ground” and took her cell phone away to prevent her from calling police.

According to the report, Quinn admitted to taking the phone, but said he only grabbed the girlfriend after she “started hitting him in the face.”

The report says that Quinn had no sign of injuries to his face.

Read the rest of the article: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/

So, we have the classic he said/she said. Hopefully, it turns out to be she is lying or it was blown out of proportion.

BigDaddyBronco
09-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I haven't seen that from the Post. Was that on their site today?

This is what they had yesterday, which clearly was Quinn and the girlfriend telling different stories:

So, we have the classic he said/she said. Hopefully, it turns out to be she is lying or it was blown out of proportion.

It's the first paragraph of that article. Not really sure what an "obstruction of telephone service charge" is, but it's too weirdly worded to be made up. I think.

dogfish
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM

Oops. Honest mistake.

~G

Hey, Denver had a woman-beating TE in the 90's, too. Why's everybody always forget about me? Overshadowed by Shannon Sharpe once again. . .

Sincerely,

Dwayne Carswell

MOtorboat
09-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey, Denver had a woman-beating TE in the 90's, too. Why's everybody always forget about me? Overshadowed by Shannon Sharpe once again. . .

Sincerely,

Dwayne Carswell

It's long-standing tradition ***cough***cough***clarencekay***cough***

TXBRONC
09-08-2009, 11:02 AM

Sincerely,

Dwayne Carswell

I had forgotten about Carswell's indiscretions.

NorthernLights
09-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Let me know if you guys need any help with this. We've got it covered over on the Bolt forums since we had a head start in the process. :D:beer:

Tned
09-08-2009, 01:47 PM
It's the first paragraph of that article. Not really sure what an "obstruction of telephone service charge" is, but it's too weirdly worded to be made up. I think.

I missed that. That's strange.