PDA

View Full Version : The Colts 22 min pre-game celebration for Manning

DenBronx
10-15-2013, 03:38 PM
As much as Manning is a general at preparing for a game this might take his focus off the game plan a bit. They should just wait until he is retired. This is going to take some time out of his pre game warm ups and might even get into his head a little bit. The Colts are nice for the gesture and I am sure Manning appreciates it but......it still is a huge game and we need another win. I am not too sure what they have planned but Irsay is saying it will be huge and ESPN just said it is going to be 22 mins long.

Do you guys think that Manning wants no part of this?

G_Money
10-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Manning wants NOOOO part of this. It's actually a great way for the owner (who knows his meticulous pre-game rituals and timing) to both honor him and try to get him off his game. Forked intentions. I salute them.

And I think Manning and the Broncos still get the last laugh.

~G

DenBronx
10-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Manning wants NOOOO part of this. It's actually a great way for the owner (who knows his meticulous pre-game rituals and timing) to both honor him and try to get him off his game. Forked intentions. I salute them.

And I think Manning and the Broncos still get the last laugh.

~G

Irsay knows what he is doing. It's all a mind game and a way to try and throw Manning off a bit. I agree that Manning wants no part of this right now. He will only want to focus on the gameplan.

Damn you Jim!!!

Italianmobstr7
10-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Yep, and he can't really say "no" because then he looks like a jerk. Not cool of Irsay, especially after the comments he's made this week about Peyton.

DenBronx
10-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I know right.

Here let me throw you a home coming party then say we basically went one and done in the playoffs too many times. Here's your party yayyyyyyyy then let me bash you right before it yayyyyyyy.

NightTrainLayne
10-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Manning should politely decline to participate.

I think everyone, even Colts fans would understand.

GEM
10-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Manning should politely decline to participate.

I think everyone, even Colts fans would understand.

And Colts fans would understand even more with Irsay's comments as of late.

Stupid dummy should have kept his mouth shut. He's like the little kid who can't keep a secret.

Irsay: We're gonna throw a party and he'll think it's cause we love him so much. Oh here's the party and I hate you. So please show up.
Manning: No thanks. Have a great Monday reeling from another loss. :salute: (And he should throw in the Mile High Salute as an extra eff you :D )

MOtorboat
10-15-2013, 07:07 PM
What could they possibly do for 22 minutes?

The longest one I've seen is probably Shannon Sharpe's which was like 10 minutes, and only because he skydived into the stadium...

Broncolingus
10-15-2013, 07:10 PM
The Irsay clan should all be eradicated from the earth...they are all scum.

Joel
10-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Wonder what Luck and the rest of the post-Manning Colts think of this. Well, I don't wonder much; probably much the same as we thought of huge Flacco billboards in Denver for the season opener, except this time their own boss is doing it. Then again, after only scoring 3 FGs on the Bolts, maybe they don't need anything to fire them up for us.

Hopefully, the only effect on PFM is it leaves him thinking, I did all THAT for them, then they cut me.... :mad: 'Cause we really need to win this game to show the world we can beat a winning team. We can only play our schedule, but our record against winning teams in the brief Manning Era is an unimpressive 2-4. If we can't beat winning teams we can't win playoff games, almost by definition. The 17-0 record against losing and .500 teams will get us to the postseason, but won't get us home, just SEND us home.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Irsay learned how to be a jerk from his father - remember when ------

NEW YORK-At the opening of the Baltimore Colts' new suburban offices and training complex four years ago, Robert Irsay addressed the small audience that had gathered in Owings Mills, Md. "This building," the Colts' owner said, "is a symbol of our dedication to bring winning football back to our fans. We want our team to match the standards set by this building."

Dedication and standards-words to remember Robert Irsay by now that he has shown he understands neither. But in trying to sneak his National Football League club's belongings to Indianapolis in the dark of night this morning in 12 moving vans, he did show what a grimy business so much of sports has become. He also showed that the Supreme Court must rule on the legality of "free-agent franchises," as created in the N.F.L. by Al Davis in winning his Federal antitrust case that permitted the Raiders to go to Los Angeles from Oakland in 1982.

By moving the Colts' franchise in such a murky manner, Robert Irsay almost makes Al Davis look like a silver-andblack knight. Almost. But at least Al Davis went to court. In baseball, Walter O'Malley and Horace Stoneham at least had the permission of the other National League club owners before taking the Dodgers and Giants to California for the 1958 season. Without the necessity of N.F.L. approval, Robert Irsay moved his club's shoulder pads and film projectors in the middle of the night after a decent average of 40,923 ticket sales in Memorial Stadium last season, including a regularseason club record of 60,559 for one game. If the Colts can be moved that way, any other franchise area in any sport can wake up some morning to find itself without a team.

rest - http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/sports/year_in_sports/03.29.html

OrangeHoof
10-15-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm sure by the second quarter Manning will be his machine-like self and it won't matter that they did all that. I do hope he doesn't have flashbacks and start throwing to the guys in the blue shirts and white helmets.

What will they do for 22 minutes? Introduce his family, then Marvin Harrison, then Reggie Wayne then Edgerring James then Tony Dungy then Jeff Saturday and each will say a few words about how Peyton is the best quarterback they ever played with, yada, yada. Maybe that drunken idiot kicker will make an appearance.

Broncolingus
10-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Maybe that drunken idiot kicker will make an appearance.

Nice...:D

AZBronco
10-15-2013, 10:56 PM
22 minutes is an eternity for a pre-game recognition of a current opposing player. How much of this time will Manning actually take part in? There is no way he is involved in the entire charade. I anticipate he does a quick cameo and give a true thanks during the press conference after. As focused as he is, I still hope he isn't involved in much of the pre game celebration!

DenBronx
10-16-2013, 03:08 AM
Here is what Irsay said to USA Today -

"We're going to have a great tribute to him," Irsay told the newspaper. "It's going to be something where you go into it wanting to have a lot of fun, where you love Peyton as a Colt fan, but now we're competing against him."

Details of the tribute, which will include a lot of cheers -- and possibly tears -- from the crowd, at what will be a sold-out stadium, have yet to be finalized.

"It'll be tremendous," Irsay told the newspaper. "They will cheer, as deserved. When he comes back on the field, I think there will be a boisterous standing ovation, as there should be. He means so much to our franchise.

"It's going to be crazy, but mostly it'll be fun. I hope it's just a great game."