PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Perfect Season Ends With Humiliating Win Over Jaguars

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 12:08 PM
DENVER—While speaking to members of the media following yesterday’s practice, several Broncos players reportedly took time to reflect on their perfect season ending with Sunday’s humiliating 35-19 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. “I think we stopped taking games one at a time, got caught looking ahead, and ultimately we paid the price,” said Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker, referring to their embarrassing 16-point win over the last-place Jaguars in which the Broncos only managed to score four touchdowns heading into the fourth quarter.

More...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/broncos-perfect-season-ends-with-humiliating-win-o,34222/

broncohead
10-15-2013, 12:14 PM
win is a win. It would be hard for any team to keep the high level of play Denver has been doing for the whole season.

G_Money
10-15-2013, 02:03 PM
:lol: That's how I feel with all the moping around after the Jags game. Also, this busted me up, especially the last sentence about Blackmon:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/suicide-hotline-operator-sick-of-talking-down-jagu,34193/

~G

Dzone
10-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!!

olathebroncofan
10-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Have y'all read the other previous articles? Hilarious. Especially the one about Marcus Vick not making his shift.

topscribe
10-15-2013, 03:06 PM
All I can say to that headline is, LOL!! (Which, of course, it is a tongue-in-
cheek publication.)

Seldom in the history of the NFL has a prohibitive favorite covered the spread.
That's because the favorite usually plays its worst game while the underdog
usually plays its best, sometimes above itself, as I see it. That's what seems
to have happened this weekend . . .

Joel
10-15-2013, 06:37 PM
There's no such thing as an ugly win or a pretty loss. After our first two drives the Jags outplayed us until (basically) the fourth quarter, when they could no longer keep the pace (another common occurrence when very good teams play very bad ones.) That said, when the gun sounded there wasn't a player on either sideline who wished they could switch teams. The only thing that bothers me about that game is Franklins injury and that our battered D only surrendering just 2 FGs and 1 TD doesn't mean much against the leagues worst offense.

Just hope we come out strong against a Colts team with something to prove in front of a huge home crowd on national TV. Though after their last game the Bolts actually look like a more serious threat.

SR
10-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Joel, stay on topic.

Nomad
10-15-2013, 06:55 PM
This isn't college football. There are no powerhouses in the NFL.