PDA

View Full Version : Boos by Broncos fans with lead (albeit small) at halftime? Unbecoming

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Kate Upton, it's been reported, is dating one of those smarmy guys from "Dancing With the Stars," and it's quite possible that amid the ecstasy of dating Ms. Upton, the dancing dude gets perturbed when she refuses to take out the trash.

That's Broncos fans.

Twice in the first half, the second when the Broncos went to the halftime locker room leading the game, some Denver fans booed.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_24307717/boos-by-broncos-fans-lead-albeit-small-at

Nomad
10-14-2013, 08:46 PM
I thought this was hashed out in the game thread. I asked the question because I read where players asked the question. I wasn't sure what they were booing for :ohwell: each to their own.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't get the outrage over booing. It's not like fans who boo don't support the team. I'm not gonna question the support of people who drop 100+ bucks to go to a game. They were simply unhappy with the product the Broncos put forth in the first half of that game. It's not like they threw shit on the field or cheered one of their players getting injured. They simply booed a bad performance, something pretty much every fanbase ever has done. They are professional athletes. I think they can handle a little booing.

MOtorboat
10-14-2013, 08:48 PM
I thought Kate Upton was dating Justin Verlander.

Nomad
10-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I thought Kate Upton was dating Justin Verlander.

Had to look up Justin Verlander. Kate Upton is always on the Fox News web page, so who doesn't know who she is.:lol:

MOtorboat
10-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Had to look up Justin Verlander. Kate Upton is always on the Fox News web page, so who doesn't know who she is.:lol:

:tsk:

He's the best pitcher in baseball Nomad, come on!

Nomad
10-14-2013, 08:53 PM

I'm a springtime MLB watcher:lol:, unless I can go to a Mariners game during the summer.

Slick
10-14-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't think anyone was outraged about the booing, just that they thought it was dumb and kind of classless.

I suppose booing is better than throwing bags of urine like they do here in Mexico or Argentina.

Nomad
10-14-2013, 09:07 PM
I don't think anyone was outraged about the booing, just that they thought it was dumb and kind of classless.

I suppose booing is better than throwing bags of urine like they do here in Mexico or Argentina.

:lol: WOW! That's crazy!

Dzone
10-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Booing is not politically correct. Come on people! Booing is not nice and it can hurt someones feelings. This isnt the 20th century!

Slick
10-14-2013, 09:15 PM
:lol: WOW! That's crazy!

Isn't it? The last time the US mens national team tied the Mexicans in Estadio Azteca that happened and my buddy from Buenos Aires told me bags of urine and batteries are the projectile of choice at the Boca Jr. / River Plate matches in his hometown. Freaking savages man.

Nomad
10-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Isn't it? The last time the US mens national team tied the Mexicans in Estadio Azteca that happened and my buddy from Buenos Aires told me bags of urine and batteries are the projectile of choice at the Boca Jr. / River Plate matches in his hometown. Freaking savages man.

BRONCO fans have tried batteries:D But yeah, that's a little too far to show your displeasure in a team.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 09:25 PM
If some people want to boo, big deal. How long was it? 30 seconds? How much $$ did these people pay to go to the game? Booing is part of the entertainment package..its not like they are hurling bags of urine LOL

ShaneFalco
10-14-2013, 09:28 PM
at least we dont boo our players when they get hurt!

Dayuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

Dzone
10-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Yes, cheering schaubs injury was downright bullshit...booing performance-fine, but cheering an injury is no class

wayninja
10-14-2013, 10:32 PM
It's the home team. A team having an epic, record breaking season. An undefeated team 1/3 the way through the season. A team going into halftime winning.

Yeah, I thought it was a little on the classless side. Why not boo because Polio wasn't cured fast enough.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Booing our team due to one bad quarter of football was childish and classless.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Bronco fans are the best!!!!

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 10:42 PM
How is booing classless? Who is he victim? The players are big boys, they can handle it.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 10:44 PM
booing can lead to having the refs arrested for getting in to it
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/two-referees-arrested-alleged-threats-louisiana-142512035.html

wayninja
10-14-2013, 10:49 PM
How is booing classless? Who is he victim? The players are big boys, they can handle it.

It has nothing to do with whether or not they can handle it. We aren't talking about arson.

It was rude, annoying, and unwarranted.

Dapper Dan
10-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Bronco fans are the best!!!!

Since going to Denver for the first time and frequenting message boards, I've lost most of my faith in Broncos fans.

tomjonesrocks
10-14-2013, 10:55 PM
I thought the booing was pretty ridiculous. Denver has a pattern of lighting shit up in the second half. They weren't even down.

Makes it seem like Broncos fans are spoiled already. Considering McD was there losing game after game not long ago maybe the fans could be a little classier.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Thats the most reasonable thing you have ever said .:coffee: So true. It is football. Not tennis. Fans experience a full spectrum of emotions during a game and some express it ...what do we need? A fan police who goes around the stadium looking for fans who boo so they can scold them and shame them lol

Dapper Dan
10-14-2013, 10:59 PM
If anything reminds me of Kentucky Wildcats fans then I'm all against it.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 11:00 PM
It has nothing to do with whether or not they can handle it. We aren't talking about arson.

It was rude, annoying, and unwarranted.
Hehe, that was good...

wayninja
10-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Thats the most reasonable thing you have ever said .:coffee: So true. It is football. Not tennis. Fans experience a full spectrum of emotions during a game and some express it ...what do we need? A fan police who goes around the stadium looking for fans who boo so they can scold them and shame them lol

Grown ups don't act out on every emotion they have. They also can usually see the larger picture as opposed to a single moment.

Little kids whine and scream when they don't get their way. That probably explains why it was roughly 1/140th of the fans booing.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Grown ups don't act out on every emotion they have. They also can usually see the larger picture as opposed to a single moment.

Little kids whine and scream when they don't get their way.
LOL...we're talking about booing here, we're talking about B O O ing! Adults have more subtle ways when they dont get their way, they boo...I say booo on anyone who boos!!!

wayninja
10-14-2013, 11:11 PM
LOL...we're talking about booing here, we're talking about B O O ing! Adults have more subtle ways when they dont get their way, they boo...I say booo on anyone who boos!!!

I have no idea what you are talking about, but you seem to be having a good time, so I'm into it.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Ok, the verdict is out, I accept it-Booing sucks...I bet those people who booed are implants from out of state..colorado natives would never do something like that

Dzone
10-14-2013, 11:19 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about, but you seem to be having a good time, so I'm into it.
LOL...I just think it is something for people to NOT get too angry about, so I am kinda laughing about the whole thing.
Ive been to games where broncos got booed for too many dropped passes etc, it seems there is always something to boo about...do I boo? Not usually..
probably not worth getting bent out of shape over if someone boos, but thats just me

Poet
10-14-2013, 11:21 PM
If anything reminds me of Kentucky Wildcats fans then I'm all against it.

Know your place, boy.

Buff
10-14-2013, 11:28 PM
I think the context is relevant. I definitely wouldn't have booed given the amazing season we're having. But I know some folks who think that you should never boo the home team period, which I don't agree with either.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 11:34 PM
LOL...I just think it is something for people to NOT get too angry about, so I am kinda laughing about the whole thing.
Ive been to games where broncos got booed for too many dropped passes etc, it seems there is always something to boo about...do I boo? Not usually..
probably not worth getting bent out of shape over if someone boos, but thats just me

I hear what you are saying. It's a fairly trivial thing, but so is simply saying it was claseless. No one is condoning garrotting fans who boo next home game or anything.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I think the context is relevant. I definitely wouldn't have booed given the amazing season we're having. But I know some folks who think that you should never boo the home team period, which I don't agree with either.

Yeah, I don't disagree. There's a time and place for booing. This is as about as far away from that time and place that I can remember seeing.

MOtorboat
10-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I don't disagree. There's a time and place for booing. This is as about as far away from that time and place that I can remember seeing.

It was pretty ridiculous.

Can't help but laugh at the irony of the fans of the team playing the Jaguars booing. If anyone deserves to get boo'd it's the Jaguars. Certainly not the Broncos, even if they, :gasp: had a three and out or two!

Slick
10-14-2013, 11:44 PM

Absolutely. Kyle Orton's uninspiring meloncholy play definately booable. This team, this year, yeah, context extremely relevent.

Elevation inc
10-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Peyton threw a pick six to a crappy Jacksonville D right before the half
Ended to make it 14-12 I booed to u just couldn't hear me from my living room.
Players need to get there minds right. This ain't the Houston bs, now that was some classless
Fan behavior.

Dapper Dan
10-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Know your place, boy.

Know your role and shut your mouth, jabroni.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Peyton threw a pick six to a crappy Jacksonville D right before the half
Ended to make it 14-12 I booed to u just couldn't hear me from my living room.
Players need to get there minds right. This ain't the Houston bs, now that was some classless
Fan behavior.

Both were classless. But I agree, the Houston thing was way worse than fans Booing the broncos.

There is also a difference from Booing where other teams see it and in your living room IMHO. If you are at home, I don't care if you slap your dong at the TV in disgust with a given play.

Poet
10-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Know your role and shut your mouth, jabroni.

The Rock says know your damn role.

As far as booing goes, I think it's okay in the sense that the fans really wanted to see their team destroy one of the worst teams in the league. It was expected that the Jags would get dominated into oblivion. It happens.

Dapper Dan
10-14-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm sure it kinda sucked for any fan who was in Denver for the first time and at their first Broncos game. To see fans act like that. Some people go to so many games they forget what it's like to go to your first because it's so far away and you can barely afford it. The negativity can ruin the mood and the experience.

Dapper Dan
10-14-2013, 11:54 PM
The Rock says know your damn role.

As far as booing goes, I think it's okay in the sense that the fans really wanted to see their team destroy one of the worst teams in the league. It was expected that the Jags would get dominated into oblivion. It happens.

Maybe that's acceptable if you're a spoiled Kentucky Basketball fan...or a Bungles fan. Denver has standards. Lol. JK.

Poet
10-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Maybe that's acceptable if you're a spoiled Kentucky Basketball fan...or a Bungles fan. Denver has standards. Lol. JK.

UK fans aren't spoiled. Denver has some great, great fans, although a lot of you are soft. This sort of thing just happens.

Elevation inc
10-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah that was sarcasm. But again the players need to stop being baby's
They get paid millions if they play like crap, against the worst team in the nfl they should get Booed if feelings are hurt. Zero sympathy here for them
We looked like crap sunday. It happens though and i expect it wont happen often. But if we are talking super bowl
For this team players need to stop worrying about fans booing some poor play, and focus on why and how to fix the poor
Execution against a 0-6 team at home

Dapper Dan
10-15-2013, 12:01 AM
They get paid millions if they play like crap, against the worst team in the nfl they should get booed
Im a federal furloughed employee. I will take their spot if there feelings are hurt. Zero sympathy here for them
We looked like crap sunday. It happens though and i expect it wont happen often. But if we are talking super bowl
For this team players need to stop worrying about fans booing some poor play, and focus on why and how to fix the poor

And I'll gladly trade you jobs.

wayninja
10-15-2013, 12:01 AM
They get paid millions if they play like crap, against the worst team in the nfl they should get booed
Im a federal furloughed employee. I will take their spot if there feelings are hurt. Zero sympathy here for them

Wait, what? What player was being a baby?

Your definition of looking like crap varies wildly from mine. In my 'we look like crap' scenarios, not only do we lose games, we don't score 5 touchdowns either.

You can make the argument that compared to other games, we didn't look as good, but it's a bit far from 'we looked like crap'.

I honestly felt we looked way worse last week. Our defense wasn't even there.

Dapper Dan
10-15-2013, 12:03 AM
I think one of the bigger issues in the game was the C/QB exchange, which was due to happen. I'm surprised Manny hadn't messed up earlier. Hopefully it's out of his system.

Elevation inc
10-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Sure db what do u do? I hope your a artist i like painting and long walks......

wayninja
10-15-2013, 12:04 AM
I think one of the bigger issues in the game was the C/QB exchange, which was due to happen. I'm surprised Manny hadn't messed up earlier. Hopefully it's out of his system.

None of the 3 turnovers were particularly sexy, but yeah, those exchanges need to be a bit worked on this week.

Elevation inc
10-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Wait, what? What player was being a baby?

Your definition of looking like crap varies wildly from mine. In my 'we look like crap' scenarios, not only do we lose games, we don't score 5 touchdowns either.

You can make the argument that compared to other games, we didn't look as good, but it's a bit far from 'we looked like crap'.

I honestly felt we looked way worse last week. Our defense wasn't even there.

At that point it was 2 td's, and i meant people not players my bad. End result was fine. Shoddy first half finished with a pick six wasnt.

Elevation inc
10-15-2013, 12:06 AM

I do hope that was a rarity peyton wasnt very happy for sure the second one though
He looked like he was playing hot potato.....lol

Dapper Dan
10-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Sure db what do u do? I hope your a artist i like painting and long walks......

I work friday through tuesday at a boys camp. $9.07/hr. No raises. No bonuses. No overtime. 11pm until 7am.

Dapper Dan
10-15-2013, 12:12 AM
I do hope that was a rarity peyton wasnt very happy for sure the second one though
He looked like he was playing hot potato.....lol

I laughed pretty hard at that one. He's nearly 6'6" and the football was at his ankles. He looked like an 80 year old man trying to grab the ball.

Elevation inc
10-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Hm i don't get raises, bonuses, or overtime either perhaps not all federal employees
Are equal......

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Inc, what's up dude!?

Northman
10-15-2013, 06:18 AM
In other news, i just took a massive dump.

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm sure it kinda sucked for any fan who was in Denver for the first time and at their first Broncos game. To see fans act like that. Some people go to so many games they forget what it's like to go to your first because it's so far away and you can barely afford it. The negativity can ruin the mood and the experience.

Oh please, give me a break. I doubt anyone's fan experience was ruined by a little booing right before halftime. There was booing for maybe 30 seconds out of the 3 hours the game was going on. If that ruined someone's fan experience, they need to grow some thicker skin before they return to an NFL game.

BroncoJoe
10-15-2013, 08:06 AM
“We got high expectations, too, so we understand that they have high expectations for us, and we feel the same way. I’m sure there are a lot of us that want to boo ourselves, so we understand it. I almost appreciated it, and (it) kind of gets our butts into gear and (gets us) ready to play out there.” – Wes Welker

Dreadnought
10-15-2013, 08:14 AM
The Broncs weren't especially impressive, but not worthy of booing.

I am not saying never ever boo the Broncos, but maintain a sense of proportion. Jeez. Save the boos for games like this

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010240den.htm

Skinny
10-15-2013, 08:15 AM
I work friday through tuesday at a boys camp. $9.07/hr. No raises. No bonuses. No overtime. 11pm until 7am.

You must really like that job.

BroncoNut
10-15-2013, 08:32 AM

I know you don't but comments like this make it sound like you just exist and watch other people live life. I want to hear more about Mo and the chicks he bangs

CoachChaz
10-15-2013, 08:48 AM
As fans sitting in our recliners, we can sit there and yell at the TV or make comments about their play. We're just venting a frustration with what we see going on at the time. In a stadium of tens of thousands, that option is limited. So the reaction is to boo. It's not because a fan is saying, "you bums suck". It's just more of a way of stating the performance wasnt very good. A single syllable noise used to voice displeasure. Yes...we had the lead. But the play was ugly and fans wanted to express how they felt. Obviously, the performance up to that point wasnt worthy of applause.

Just my opinion.

BroncoJoe
10-15-2013, 08:49 AM
I didn't boo, but like Welker, I have no problem with others doing it.

Northman
10-15-2013, 08:52 AM
“We got high expectations, too, so we understand that they have high expectations for us, and we feel the same way. I’m sure there are a lot of us that want to boo ourselves, so we understand it. I almost appreciated it, and (it) kind of gets our butts into gear and (gets us) ready to play out there.” – Wes Welker

Yeeeeeeep.

Northman
10-15-2013, 08:54 AM
The Broncs weren't especially impressive, but not worthy of booing.

I am not saying never ever boo the Broncos, but maintain a sense of proportion. Jeez. Save the boos for games like this

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010240den.htm

You could boo for that but then again the expectations of that Bronco team vs what we have now are worlds different. Its one thing to have a team just be so bad so booing them at that point is pointless. When you have a team with very high expectations and they start to lose focus and get sloppy i can understand the booing there. Just like that faid game, when the Chargers came into Denver and pounded us i can see people booing but really at that point it was moot. Getting your ass kicked is just simply getting your ass kicked. Playing like shit against a team you should be dominating all game long is a reason to be disappointed.

jhns
10-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Bronco fans have always been a joke. Boo the best team in football while they are winning again. They clearly aren't doing enough to deliver an acceptable product!

Stay classy Bronco fans

BroncoJoe
10-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Bronco fans have always been a joke. Boo the best team in football while they are winning again. They clearly aren't doing enough to deliver an acceptable product!

Stay classy Bronco fans

Based on your posting here, you can certainly throw yourself into that category.

Dreadnought
10-15-2013, 09:26 AM
You could boo for that but then again the expectations of that Bronco team vs what we have now are worlds different. Its one thing to have a team just be so bad so booing them at that point is pointless. When you have a team with very high expectations and they start to lose focus and get sloppy i can understand the booing there. Just like that faid game, when the Chargers came into Denver and pounded us i can see people booing but really at that point it was moot. Getting your ass kicked is just simply getting your ass kicked. Playing like shit against a team you should be dominating all game long is a reason to be disappointed.

That Faid game was special because;

A) it was the Faid; and

B) The Broncos weren't trying. It was obvious. They were getting worked brutally and didn't give a shit. Not for themselves, not for the team, not for the rivalry, and certainly not Josh McDaniels. I know we've taken beatings in the past (the Chargers one you referenced was pretty awful.) Usually it was just a terrible day, or playing a far better team. The 2010 Faid wasn't all that good. The Broncos just embarrassed themselves that day, and fans had a right to be furious.

Buff
10-15-2013, 09:28 AM
As fans sitting in our recliners, we can sit there and yell at the TV or make comments about their play. We're just venting a frustration with what we see going on at the time. In a stadium of tens of thousands, that option is limited. So the reaction is to boo. It's not because a fan is saying, "you bums suck". It's just more of a way of stating the performance wasnt very good. A single syllable noise used to voice displeasure. Yes...we had the lead. But the play was ugly and fans wanted to express how they felt. Obviously, the performance up to that point wasnt worthy of applause.

Just my opinion.

It's never the people who actually paid for tickets who are outraged either. It's always the armchair fans who are sitting at home.

Mike
10-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Some sensitive vajayjays up in here.

wayninja
10-15-2013, 09:55 AM

Just my opinion.

What is the difference between a 'you bums suck' boo, and a 'i'm a little displeased, but no big deal' boo?

Buff
10-15-2013, 09:58 AM
I wonder how many of the boos were sarcastic. I could see myself booing sarcastically as a joke with my friends - like "get these bums off the field, they're only winning by one score!"

CoachChaz
10-15-2013, 10:09 AM
What is the difference between a 'you bums suck' boo, and a 'i'm a little displeased, but no big deal' boo?

I dont know...and apparently neither did the fans that were booing. Once you figure it out, please feel free to post a memo on all the bathroom walls at Mile High. That way the fans will understand the proper protocol for expressing their displeasure with a performance at each level of disappointment.

wayninja
10-15-2013, 10:10 AM
I dont know...and apparently neither did the fans that were booing. Once you figure it out, please feel free to post a memo on all the bathroom walls at Mile High. That way the fans will understand the proper protocol for expressing their displeasure with a performance at each level of disappointment.

Well, if you don't know, then it's silly to claim it was the latter and not the former.

If fans need it written out how to act politely, use manners, chances they won't bother following it anyway.

CoachChaz
10-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Well, if you don't know, then it's silly to claim it was the latter and not the former.

If fans need it written out how to act politely, use manners, chances they won't bother following it anyway.

The whole point of it all was simply that there isnt much you can do, regardless of your level of displeasure. Maybe boo louder if the performance is worse...who knows. But when you're sitting in a crowd of thousands, the typical response is always going to be that simple sound.

wayninja
10-15-2013, 10:21 AM
The whole point of it all was simply that there isnt much you can do, regardless of your level of displeasure. Maybe boo louder if the performance is worse...who knows. But when you're sitting in a crowd of thousands, the typical response is always going to be that simple sound.

Well, you always have the option of NOT booing. Just because you are displeased with something doesn't mean you have to yell about it.

Just sayin'.

Mike
10-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Well, you always have the option of NOT booing. Just because you are displeased with something doesn't mean you have to yell about it.

Just sayin'.

Why? Because you say so? Just like you are free to tell us what you think here, people are allowed to tell the team what they think there.

wayninja
10-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Why? Because you say so? Just like you are free to tell us what you think here, people are allowed to tell the team what they think there.

Why what? Why don't you have have to yell about something? The question makes no sense. Are you saying that you must yell about everything you are displeased with?

My point isn't what people are allowed to do. My point is that people are acting like jackasses. They have every right to do so, it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

UnderArmour
10-15-2013, 10:34 AM
The booing was not because of the score. The booing was because of the decision to take a knee to end the half when there was enough time to take a few shots after we had done the same crap against the Ravens in the playoffs. We have the most explosive offense in the NFL and we don't at least try for some big plays?

BroncoJoe
10-15-2013, 10:37 AM
I'll take Welker's comments on the subject. Seems to me that those bitching about the booing are even more vocal with more whine than those that gave the short boo Sunday.

Northman
10-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Why what? Why don't you have have to yell about something? The question makes no sense. Are you saying that you must yell about everything you are displeased with?

My point isn't what people are allowed to do. My point is that people are acting like jackasses. They have every right to do so, it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Well, your acting like a jackass on here and it also makes no sense.

BroncoWave
I'll take Welker's comments on the subject. Seems to me that those bitching about the booing are even more vocal with more whine than those that gave the short boo Sunday.

No Joe, we just have awful fans because they decided to boo for a few seconds at the end of a shitty half of football. Revoke their season tickets now!!!

Northman

qft

Mike
10-15-2013, 10:40 AM

It's your opinion that people are acting like jackasses. Your opinion does not equal reality. Who gives a crap what your opinion is? Like you find their actions annoying, maybe I find the incessant whining over trivial bullshit that you can't change annoying. Should I go on and on about it?

wayninja
10-15-2013, 10:42 AM
It's your opinion that people are acting like jackasses. Your opinion does not equal reality. Who gives a crap what your opinion is? Like you find their actions annoying, maybe I find the incessant whining over trivial bullshit that you can't change annoying. Should I go on and on about it?

I don't give a shit. Feel free. That's what we are advocating right? Just feel free to be a douche to everyone!

jhns
10-15-2013, 10:53 AM

You are going on and on about his opinion while complaining that he is going on about your opinion... lol...

I give a crap about his opinion though. I also find it classless to boo the best team in football. Its an insult to the players who have been shredding teams and it's an insult to Elway who is putting a great product on the field.

Mike
10-15-2013, 11:00 AM
You are going on and on about his opinion while complaining that he is going on about your opinion... lol...

I give a crap about his opinion though. I also find it classless to boo the best team in football. Its an insult to the players who have been shredding teams and it's an insult to Elway who is putting a great product on the field.

Good for you. Go have a beer and talk about sand in the vagina and how superior you are to the rest of the Bronco fans.

wayninja
10-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Good for you. Go have a beer and talk about sand in the vagina and how superior you are to the rest of the Bronco fans.

Translation; I have nothing meaningful to add other than 'shut up, you must be a girl!'

GEM
10-15-2013, 11:19 AM
I laughed pretty hard at that one. He's nearly 6'6" and the football was at his ankles. He looked like an 80 year old man trying to grab the ball.

He was told not to dive at fumbles.

jhns
10-15-2013, 11:24 AM
He was told not to dive at fumbles.

As it should be in the regular season. He can go all out in the playoffs and I do expect him to dive on them then.

It would have been hard to dive on that second one anyways. He was on the back of his heels and off balance. It would have been a really awkward dive forward.

GEM
10-15-2013, 11:31 AM
As it should be in the regular season. He can go all out in the playoffs and I do expect him to dive on them then.

It would have been hard to dive on that second one anyways. He was on the back of his heels and off balance. It would have been a really awkward dive forward.

I told my dad when it happened, he must have been coached not to dive, because Manning wouldn't just give the ball up. I'm good with the decision. No need to get him hurt when he can just score another td to make up for the lost one.

Broncolingus
10-15-2013, 11:47 AM

Just my opinion.

Well said...and agreed.

I also don't think had we been playing a 'better' team the fans would've reacted that way...I think the frustration was letting a less talent laden team hang around.

...also, JMO.

Dzone
10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
How times have changed. People often joke that the Invesco field crowd has become a cheeze and cracker and wine crowd.Well, maybe so.
One of the biggest reasons human beings like to go to sporting events is because it is one of the few places on the planet where you can go and do primal screaming non stop for 3 or 4 hours straight with thousands of other people. It is a catharsis and according to psychology , it is a very healthy thing to do.

I can remember sitting in the old south stands. You began screaming before kickoff, and you didnt stop screaming until well after the game and you were in your car driving home. People were hoarse for days after. There was booing, cussing, cheering, stomping and every other kind of noise you can make. Usually 3 or 4 fist fights broke out evey game. Even when the broncos had the ball, you still kept up the yelling. Now days, you dont want to get too rowdy or you might drop your feta on rye with merlot

claymore
10-15-2013, 01:26 PM
How times have changed. People often joke that the Invesco field crowd has become a cheeze and cracker and wine crowd.Well, maybe so.
One of the biggest reasons human beings like to go to sporting events is because it is one of the few places on the planet where you can go and do primal screaming non stop for 3 or 4 hours straight with thousands of other people. It is a catharsis and according to psychology , it is a very healthy thing to do.

I can remember sitting in the old south stands. You began screaming before kickoff, and you didnt stop screaming until well after the game and you were in your car driving home. People were hoarse for days after. There was booing, cussing, cheering, stomping and every other kind of noise you can make. Usually 3 or 4 fist fights broke out evey game. Even when the broncos had the ball, you still kept up the yelling. Now days, you dont want to get too rowdy or you might drop your feta on rye with merlot

Or get ejected from the game. All they have to do ,is text to get you removed, and most ticket holders are olf farts who dont cheer.

topscribe
10-15-2013, 01:32 PM
It appeared to me the Broncos fans were booing because they expected the
Broncos to destroy the Jags, and it wasn't happening.

What was happening is more what I expected. Starting with the 28-point
projected spread, the Jags heard all week about how miserable they were
and how the Broncos were going to turn them every which way but loose.
I could see how every day they would have become angrier and angrier.
They have their pride. So they came out breathing fire and played the most
vicious game of the season. The Broncos showed their mettle in not making
this a trap game and succumbing to the onslaught, despite their turnovers.

This is one of the worst games the Broncos have played in the last couple
years, yet it is one of the best, simply because of their show of character.
I hope a few fans do actually see this.

Northman
10-15-2013, 04:42 PM
This is one of the worst games the Broncos have played in the last couple
years, yet it is one of the best, simply because of their show of character.
I hope a few fans do actually see this.

Im sure all of them see it to be honest. When your caught up in the emotion of a game a lot of things can happen for a fan. Its why at times or in the past you can be cursing that we are losing a game and then in the final minutes with either Elway or Tebow your celebrating like you just won the SB. Its how it goes. I seriously doubt that any fan who did boo is not appreciative of the fact that the team still found a way to win. It was just at that moment they were not happy with their play and expressed themselves the way they wanted too. As a player you can either take it or let it bother you. I seriously doubt the players let it get to them as they knew themselves they were not playing up to their capabilities.

topscribe
10-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Im sure all of them see it to be honest. When your caught up in the emotion of a game a lot of things can happen for a fan. Its why at times or in the past you can be cursing that we are losing a game and then in the final minutes with either Elway or Tebow your celebrating like you just won the SB. Its how it goes. I seriously doubt that any fan who did boo is not appreciative of the fact that the team still found a way to win. It was just at that moment they were not happy with their play and expressed themselves the way they wanted too. As a player you can either take it or let it bother you. I seriously doubt the players let it get to them as they knew themselves they were not playing up to their capabilities.
A bunch of good points in this comment. Thank you.

LTC Pain
10-16-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm loudly booing anyone who thinks it's irregular or classless for fans to boo the Broncos when they are playing like crap!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-16-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm loudly booing anyone who thinks it's irregular or classless for fans to boo the Broncos when they are playing like crap!!!

There's a time and a place for stuff like that. IMO, when we have one bad quarter of football isn't it.

What baffles me is that fans were essentially booing Manning. There's a great idea, let's turn off the best QB in football when he's near retirement age. The defense only gave up 10-13 points in the game, so my best guess is people were booing the offense....led by Manning, who was responsible for 2 turnovers in the first half.

wayninja
10-16-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm going to always boo them. No matter how they play, it can always be better. ******* bums.