PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have to make a roster move by Saturday to get Von on the roster. Who do you think gets cut?

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 05:10 PM
My guess is Tony Carter. Two weeks ago I would have said Jammer, but he seems to have surpassed Carter on the depth chart.

VonDoom
10-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Carter has been terrible. I wouldn't mind him disappearing

HORSEPOWER 56
10-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Probably Jammer. I don't think he's been active yet this season. Carter and Boldin ( as the flex Safety) have both played above Jammer.

chanesaw
10-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Carter, Jammer, or a LB.

VonDoom
10-14-2013, 06:51 PM
I believe Jammer was active Sunday and Carter wasn't. I don't think he played at all, though

TXBRONC
10-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I believe Jammer was active Sunday and Carter wasn't. I don't think he played at all, though

I thought I saw Carter on the field.

Magnificent Seven
10-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Ronnie Hillman! (Mr. Fumble!)

SR
10-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Probably Jammer. I don't think he's been active yet this season. Carter and Boldin ( as the flex Safety) have both played above Jammer.

Jammer was active yesterday

SR
10-14-2013, 07:29 PM
I thought I saw Carter on the field.

You didn't

dogfish
10-14-2013, 07:36 PM
i'm gonna go with LB adrian robinson. . . whoever that is. . .

MOtorboat
10-14-2013, 07:40 PM

Try to sneak C.J. Anderson to the PS. There's an open spot now...

Dzone
10-14-2013, 07:40 PM
He made Romo throw an interception by pushing the LT back...That might be his only claim to fame for his entire career...He might be pretty good though, whoever he is

Dzone
10-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Ronnie Hillman! (Mr. Fumble!)
LOL..seriously...and Ball "He is going to starve to death with those hands"-Dan Fouts

Joel
10-15-2013, 12:47 AM
Jammer was on the field briefly in the first game or two. Backup linebacker makes the most sense to me, but I don't see 'em as up close as the coaches do.

ShaneFalco
10-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Paris lenon

sneakers
10-15-2013, 02:16 AM
DOnt broncos have like 15 more players they can place on IR?

broncofaninfla
10-15-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm guessing Jammer. With Bailey being older I thik they keep Carter around for reassurance.

LTC Pain
10-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Carter gets the eject handle!

CoachChaz
10-15-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm guessing Jammer. With Bailey being older I thik they keep Carter around for reassurance.

I think I would prefer the potential of Jammer's veteran savvy over Carter's inability to cover anyone

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-15-2013, 10:22 AM
I think I would prefer the potential of Jammer's veteran savvy over Carter's inability to cover anyone

Carter is a hard dude to figure out. One minute he looks like one of the best cover corner's out there, the next minute he looks lost. I wonder if it's mostly mental with him.

jhns
10-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Carter is a hard dude to figure out. One minute he looks like one of the best cover corner's out there, the next minute he looks lost. I wonder if it's mostly mental with him.

He played much better last season. He's really inconsistent this season. With the way Webster is playing, I could see Carter going away soon. If now, then this offseason. I kind of doubt he gets cut now but I could see a DB going away for Miller. The Broncos have a lot of corners and safeties on the roster.

underrated29
10-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Carter can only do one thing and that is man coverage. As soon as he has to play zone or peel off and let the man go and pick up another or pick up someone coming across to his area he sucks.

But if he just runs with a guy man to man he does pretty well. I still have never thought he was all that great, but he surprised a bunch last year. Id like to see him get close to that again.

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Carter can only do one thing and that is man coverage. As soon as he has to play zone or peel off and let the man go and pick up another or pick up someone coming across to his area he sucks.

But if he just runs with a guy man to man he does pretty well. I still have never thought he was all that great, but he surprised a bunch last year. Id like to see him get close to that again.

His biggest problem in man to man is that he commits to much PI. He tends to grab onto WRs and faceguard quite a bit.

LTC Pain
10-15-2013, 10:43 AM
His biggest problem in man to man is that he commits to much PI. He tends to grab onto WRs and faceguard quite a bit.

This. And when Carter's man catches a pass he can't tackle for shit!

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm thinking he probably started off so well last year because he was a UDFA who had no film on him really. Seems like teams found something on film they can exploit in him because he really dropped off at the end of last season and it carried over into this year. He showed early last season that he has talent. If he can't adjust to the adjustments made against him, though, he won't be in the league too much longer.

LTC Pain
10-15-2013, 10:48 AM
In this article from ESPN it indicates the Broncos will get a one week roster exemption when Von is back. So, maybe we only have to make one roster move. now and another one later But, I'm not an expert on such things.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/63053/good-news-on-franklin-king-to-be-elevated