PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon

Ziggy
10-14-2013, 04:28 PM
I said over and over that Moreno was nothing more than a 3rd down back. I was wrong. He's not going to take one to the house for 90 yards outrunning the entire defense, but we can live without that. He's been a star at picking up the blitz and keeping Manning upright. Is there anything more important than that to this team? He's also been a valuable asset out of the backfield, and is running with a mean streak. I'm loving this guy. He's stopped dancing around in the backfield and has turned into a north-south runner. He brings a nasty disposition to this offense and I love the attitude. Knowshon has won me over. He may be the MVP of this offense right now outside of Manning. I never saw it coming.

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 04:30 PM
I loved it near the end of the game when he went the wrong direction on that run play and just bent over in disgust with himself. He blew the play...he knew it...and basically owned up to it publicly and immediately. That's the mentality I like in him right now

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 04:33 PM
I love how Moreno is playing for us. He is really running with power this year and has been excellent in the pass game. I see no reason not to offer him a new contract this offseason. I'm almost scared now he might play himself out of our price range. You never want to overpay for a RB, but if we can get him for a reasonable deal I would love to have him back.

chazoe60
10-14-2013, 04:38 PM
MO and I>>>>>Buff. ;)

HORSEPOWER 56
10-14-2013, 06:07 PM
I would agree that Moreno is the MVP second to Manning. I was thinking about all of our injuries and, other than Manning, I think losing Moreno would have the biggest impact on the team.

We could lose one of our 4 stud pass catchers and still be in good shape, but I shudder to think if we had to rely on Ronnie Butterfingers or Montee Stonehands to handle the load.

Don't get me wrong, I think Ball is probably the RB of the future for this team, it's just been hard on him playing behind guys with more experience in the system and not getting a lot of reps. I'm not ready to discard him just yet. He really needs to work on his catching and protecting the football, though. He could be a stud 25 carries per game guy if he can fix his issues which appear to be mental more than physical.

I'm more worried about Hillman. The staff really seems to like him and I think they're going to give him a long leash. Hopefully just not at Moreno's expense. It seems like Ronnie puts the ball on the turf once every 10 touches and he just isn't big enough or strong enough to pick up that blitzing LB.

It's a contract year for Moreno and at the start of the season I was thinking he wouldn't get a new contract from us - that Ball would supplant him with Hillman as the 3rd down back. Right now, that doesn't look like it's gonna happen. It will be a shame to let Moreno walk without a clear cut replacement.

VonDoom
10-14-2013, 06:13 PM
I'll join in the Moreno love. I still think if he's playing in the second half of that Ravens game, it's a very different game

underrated29
10-14-2013, 06:28 PM
I already knowshons baby. Her name is saucina. Now all we have to do is work on tx - he is the last one who has yet to succum to the awesome Moreno

TXBRONC
10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
I already knowshons baby. Her name is saucina. Now all we have to do is work on tx - he is the last one who has yet to succum to the awesome Moreno

You can just go eat a big bowl of dick Under. :wave: :D

Moreno has played very well I would like Denver to have more explosive back.

Northman
10-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I said over and over that Moreno was nothing more than a 3rd down back. I was wrong. He's not going to take one to the house for 90 yards outrunning the entire defense, but we can live without that. He's been a star at picking up the blitz and keeping Manning upright. Is there anything more important than that to this team? He's also been a valuable asset out of the backfield, and is running with a mean streak. I'm loving this guy. He's stopped dancing around in the backfield and has turned into a north-south runner. He brings a nasty disposition to this offense and I love the attitude. Knowshon has won me over. He may be the MVP of this offense right now outside of Manning. I never saw it coming.

Pretty much my sentiment. Im one of his biggest critics. I dont want to get too hyped up because he may fall back into old habits (crosses fingers he wont) but im really really really happy that he has done much better. As you said, he looks PISSED and its paying off. No more ******* dancing, choose a lane and blast through. I love it when a player can prove me wrong, especially if its a Bronco.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 08:18 PM

Rav too. He is still going on about how replaceable Knowshon is and how he really isn't doing anything special this season.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 08:20 PM

There just isn't enough money in the salary cap to have an explosive player at every position. Unless we hit on a great RB in the draft, I'd rather keep Knowshon than try to replace him in free agency. His skills are perfectly sufficient for this offense. Just because you can do better at a position doesn't mean you have to.

Elevation inc
10-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Its a long time coming for sure.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Ditto man. My sentiments exactly. When he was running the scout team and not playing in games, he never complained and worked his ass off. His attitude is awesome. When he has the ball, he is fighting for every inch. Ya, I have become a big fan of Moreno, and I thought he was done. I love Knowshon. He has proven himself and won a lot of people over.

Ravage!!!
10-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Rav too. He is still going on about how replaceable Knowshon is and how he really isn't doing anything special this season.

Actually, what I've said is that I like how he's playing, but he still isn't something "special." You said the Broncos coudlnt' do any better, or ASK for any bettter, than Moreno. That is where I completely disagree. Moreno doesn't have a skillset that is extraordinary compared to professional football players. He's playing good football, but isn't something special. I believe that we could have a LOT of backs that could/would accomplish just as much as he has/is..given the opportunity Moreno is getting with this offense.

That being said, I LOVE how Moreno is playing. As it's been pointed out, he's plying with a chip on his shoulder and I LOVE that chip. He's still not the player I was expecting to have when he was drafted... at all.... but he's playing MUCH MUCH better this season than we've seen him play the rest of his NFL career. Through six games, he's looked great. Hopefully, he stays healthy.

Joel
10-15-2013, 01:02 AM
He's not jumping around in the backfield anymore because he's no longer forced to do so; IMHO, it's as simple as that.

Hopefully that doesn't change after the injury to Franklin, 'cause watching the Bolts play Indy I was drooling over he thought of unleashing Moreno on them. Whatever the bluerprint is for beating us, the blueprint on beating THEM is old school football: Run till they stop you or invite a pass, play action, rest your D, tire theirs, keep Luck on the bench and chew clock. The Colts run D looks as bad as ever, and if we can exploit it we won't have to worry about a Manning/Luck shootout. Just hope Hillman/Ball are enough to spell Moreno when he needs it.

dogfish
10-15-2013, 02:29 AM
i've been plenty critical of him, and justifiably so. . . but i said after the first week of pre-season that he was our best back this year, and that's definitely played out to this point. . . he's finally figured out who he has to be at this level-- he's running decisively, going north and south with no hesitation, and getting down behid his pads and finishing runs with some attitude. . . and holding onto the f'ing ball, too. . . it's good to see him finally live up to his potential, and right now i'd welcome him back on a new contract. . .

DenBronx
10-15-2013, 02:58 AM
I have two Moreno jerseys.

Glad I never hopped off the Moreno wagon. He fits this offense perfectly and he knows exactly what Manning expects him to do. Is he a homerun hitter? Not really. Does he do everything else? Yes he does and that's what you need in a lethal passing attack. As long as he stays healthy he is going to get alot of touchdowns this year.

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Actually, what I've said is that I like how he's playing, but he still isn't something "special." You said the Broncos coudlnt' do any better, or ASK for any bettter, than Moreno. That is where I completely disagree. Moreno doesn't have a skillset that is extraordinary compared to professional football players. He's playing good football, but isn't something special. I believe that we could have a LOT of backs that could/would accomplish just as much as he has/is..given the opportunity Moreno is getting with this offense.

That being said, I LOVE how Moreno is playing. As it's been pointed out, he's plying with a chip on his shoulder and I LOVE that chip. He's still not the player I was expecting to have when he was drafted... at all.... but he's playing MUCH MUCH better this season than we've seen him play the rest of his NFL career. Through six games, he's looked great. Hopefully, he stays healthy.

Try not to misquote me Rav. I could be mistaken, but I'm almost positive I wasn't saying anything that would imply he is the best RB in the NFL or that we couldn't possibly do any better than him. If my quote came across that way, I would hope you are smart enough to know that I don't think Moreno is the best back in football.

Obviously there are backs like AP and Arian Foster who could give us way more production than Knowshon. That wasn't really my point though. My point was that given what we are paying Moreno and given his skillset, you couldn't ask for any more from him than what he is giving us.

Broncolingus
10-15-2013, 11:55 AM
I agree...I've been a critic - primarily because of his health and lack of consistent contributions...

...however, that changed the second half of last year and he is (I think) a vital piece of the offense now playing in a role perfectly suited to him and one he is excelling in.

...and the fact he's playing with a ton of attitude right now.

Stay healthy Knowshon!

(...good lord, did I spell *consist* in my original post? Time to lay off the Dos Equis...:tsk: )

LTC Pain
10-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Okay, it's official then, we can drop the "Knowshow" BS, right???

TXBRONC
10-15-2013, 12:36 PM

Knoway. :D

claymore
10-15-2013, 12:48 PM

We need to call him KNowgo, no matter how hard the fans or the current coaching staff wanted him to go, he wouldnt quit, he wouldnt just go away. Love how he handled this.

topscribe
10-15-2013, 01:05 PM
You can just go eat a big bowl of dick Under. :wave: :D

I couldn't read your comment without thinking about Moreno's two 20-yard TD runs
a few weeks ago, his 27-yard pass reception and 10-yard or so TD run this last week.
We have to remember that we once had another RB who was not much of a speed
burner. His name was Terrell Davis.

I'm not saying Moreno is another TD, but I would rather have him in there than
Hillman with all his speed, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Another thought: Is Ball the RB of the future? Possibly and maybe probably. But
Moreno is not that old, and he may have something to say about that, now and
in the near future. One thing that really struck me last week against Jax: Ball
and Moreno really look alike out there, in their stature and their running styles.
A couple times I had to look at the number to see that Ball was in there. Ball
might ultimately be something special, but Moreno isn't exactly chopped liver.

Ravage!!!
10-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Y eah.. but would STILL prefer a more explosive back. I believe those 2 20 yrd runs were just amongst a handful for his career. Lets face it, Moreno is NOT a threat to take it to the house on any carry. He's not the guy that is normally a threat to make a 20 yrd run.

Terrell Davis COULD and WOULD take it to the house on any carry. I don't know where it's said he didn't have speed considering how many times he proved it by outrunning the defenders.

But TX is expressing what most are. He's been playing well, but he still isn't exactly OVERLY talented as a RB that threatens a defense. Manning and the WRs are absolutely making things better for him.... and... HE IS ABSOLUTELY taking advantage of that, and WELL! I truly hope he stays healthy throughout the season.

But his 20 yrd TDs in that one game doesn't all of a sudden make him an explosive threat. It does, however, give a sense of 'relief' that we've finally seen something from him. I'm thrilled that its showing THIS year with this offense.

slim
10-15-2013, 01:14 PM
We don't need an explosive back. We need a grinder and a chain mover. Moreno is perfect for this offense.

Ravage!!!
10-15-2013, 01:18 PM
We don't need an explosive back. We need a grinder and a chain mover. Moreno is perfect for this offense.

I don't think of Moreno as a grinder, either. BUt every team needs an explosive back.

slim
10-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Moreno runs angry. I love the guy.

LTC Pain
10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Some Moreno info from MHH:

Moreno has a league-high seven rushing touchdowns through six weeks of the season, two more than his closest competition in the NFL, and tying his personal career high. Moreno needs only one more touchdown this entire season to best the mark he made in his rookie season, and make 2013 officially his highest scoring season as an NFL player.

Touchdowns aren't the only remarkable part about Knowshon Moreno's 2013 season - he's 8th in rushing average among running backs, 7th in rushing according to Pro Football Focus' grades, and a triumphant 1st and 2nd in Football Outsiders' DVOA and DYAR ratings respectively (through Week 5, not yet updated for Week 6).

What does it mean? Knowshon Moreno is an incredibly valuable part of this Broncos offense.

Just consider MHR's Running Back Stats through six weeks. Knowshon Moreno is rushing for 10 yards or more on 17.2% of his runs - a remarkable total that shows Moreno breaks a big run every six attempts. Furthermore, he's rarely getting stuffed, only gaining 0 or fewer yards once every twelve rush attempts.

TXBRONC
10-15-2013, 01:33 PM

I just feel the more weapons the team has the better and having an explosive back doesn't mean he'll a 30 or 40 yard run every time he touches the ball.

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't think of Moreno as a grinder, either. BUt every team needs an explosive back.

I think that is more of a luxury than a need in today's NFL. These are the running backs of the past 10 SB champions. How many of them would you classify as "explosive"?

Ray Rice
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Jackson
Mike Bell/Pierre Thomas
Willie Parker
Brandon Jacobs
Joseph Addai
Willie Parker
Corey Dillon
Antowain Smith/Kevin Faulk

Ray Rice and...? That list is petty much full of average to above average backs, which is right where Moreno falls. Sure it would be nice to have an elite, explosive RB, but you really don't need one to win a title.

topscribe
10-15-2013, 02:53 PM
I think that is more of a luxury than a need in today's NFL. These are the running backs of the past 10 SB champions. How many of them would you classify as "explosive"?

Ray Rice
Ahmad Bradshaw
Brandon Jackson
Mike Bell/Pierre Thomas
Willie Parker
Brandon Jacobs
Joseph Addai
Willie Parker
Corey Dillon
Antowain Smith/Kevin Faulk

Ray Rice and...? That list is petty much full of average to above average backs, which is right where Moreno falls. Sure it would be nice to have an elite, explosive RB, but you really don't need one to win a title.
Yup. DT, Decker, Welker, JT, and even Caldwell are explosive. How many
"explosive" players does one team need to lead the league in scoring?

Denver is a threat to gain 10-20 yards passing every time it hikes the ball.
Moreno is a threat to gain 10-20 yards every time he touches the ball.
Sounds pretty well rounded to me. *shrugs*

Broncolingus
10-15-2013, 07:12 PM

We need to call him KNowgo, no matter how hard the fans or the current coaching staff wanted him to go, he wouldnt quit, he wouldnt just go away. Love how he handled this.

Racist!

bcbronc
10-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Nah, Moreno still sux. I mean how many 100 yard rushing games does he have?

SR
10-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Nah, Moreno still sux. I mean how many 100 yard rushing games does he have?

Serious? Not serious?

bcbronc
10-16-2013, 01:52 AM
Haha, not serious. Used to hear that a lot last season.