PDA

View Full Version : Snap judgment: Manning-center exchange rough

Denver Native (Carol)
10-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Of all the problems in this otherwise perfect season, the snap.

Twice the Broncos fumbled the ball away Sunday when the snap exchange between center Manny Ramirez and quarterback Peyton Manning went awry.

"I take full responsibility for both of them," Ramirez said. "I just have to continue to work with him. We just have to get on the same page."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24303725/snap-judgment-manning-center-exchange-rough

slim
10-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Did youse guys hear Fouts say that he was surprised by fumbles because Manny has been Peyton's "long time center"?

NightTrainLayne
10-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Did youse guys hear Fouts say that he was surprised by fumbles because Manny has been Peyton's "long time center"?

Didn't Sharpe correct him and claim that Dan Koppen had been his long-time center as well?

Jeez.

Every week I am amazed that these guys get paid to do such a lousy job. I correct the announcers in my living room 3-4 times per game at a minimum.

Therefore, my 10 year old daughter tells me 3-4 times per game at a minimum, "they can't hear you Dad."

dogfish
10-14-2013, 02:31 PM
yea, i wonder if those dopes even know who jeff saturday is. . .

or when peyton became a bronco. . .

diplomatic of manny to take the blame, but probably accurate as well. . . the one under center, he hiked off his own leg. . . the shotgun snap was low-- you would like to see manning handle it, but it was way low. . . i don't blame peyton for not diving on the ball after multiple neck surgeries, no matter how it looks. . . ramirez has played pretty well to this point, you can't criticise him too harshly for a couple growing pains in a game we still won. . . hope that's all it is, though. . . the line's got enough to worry about with injuries, we can't start having regular problems with the QB-center exchange. . .

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Didn't Sharpe correct him and claim that Dan Koppen had been his long-time center as well?

Jeez.

Every week I am amazed that these guys get paid to do such a lousy job. I correct the announcers in my living room 3-4 times per game at a minimum.

Therefore, my 10 year old daughter tells me 3-4 times per game at a minimum, "they can't hear you Dad."

To be fair, you are a die-hard Broncos fan. These guys have to pay attention to all 32 teams equally, so sometimes they can slip up on stuff that seems basic to us.

G_Money
10-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Manny has snapped a ball off his own butt when Manning was in shotgun this year. Couldn't even tell Peyton didn't have his hands there - and it's not like he's a wizard at getting the shotgun snap back to Peyton cleanly either. The QB-center exchange has been one of my big concerns about Manny all year and hasn't gone away. We lose two fumbles that way in a playoff game and we'll probably lose the game too.

Hope he figures this out SOON.

~G

dogfish
10-14-2013, 03:14 PM
To be fair, you are a die-hard Broncos fan. These guys have to pay attention to all 32 teams equally, so sometimes they can slip up on stuff that seems basic to us.

to be fair, i sit in front of my TV and correct announcers' comments on many different teams-- happens every single week, a number of times. . .

NightTrainLayne
10-14-2013, 03:15 PM

To be fair, I have to keep track of a few thousand customers that I get paid to keep track of. I don't get much slack if I screw it up.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 03:16 PM
To be fair, I have to keep track of a few thousand customers that I get paid to keep track of. I don't get much slack if I screw it up.

Well no one really gets hurt if an announcer flubs up a fact about a team. Shit happens. :noidea:

MOtorboat
10-14-2013, 05:17 PM

Eagle tried to correct him. It was pretty bad.

Nomad
10-14-2013, 06:09 PM

Jeez.

Jon Gruden tonight!