PDA

View Full Version : Call your shot: Predict Vons stat line game 1 against the colts.

underrated29
10-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Its monday and slow. Im bored. So here you have it.

I say it goes like this:

2.5 sacks, 4 hits, 5 Qb hurries, 6tackles, 4TFL.

(id like to add more sacks, but Luck is surprisingly fast and mobile. So I think he evades a few.)

Nomad
10-14-2013, 11:25 AM
He'll get double teamed like a mofo. Luck's too damn good to expect Von to have a good game.

underrated29
10-14-2013, 11:36 AM
He'll get double teamed like a mofo. Luck's too damn good to expect Von to have a good game.

So whats your guess?

0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 0 hurries, a few tackles?

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 11:38 AM
If we are winning in the 4th quarter, I think the chances for a sack increase. but what type of game shape will Von be in after only a week of practice? If he's exhausted at the end...who knows.

But...his presence should help the ends get to Luck.

Nomad
10-14-2013, 11:41 AM
So whats your guess?

0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 0 hurries, a few tackles?

0, 1, 2, 3

Nomad
10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
If we are winning in the 4th quarter, I think the chances for a sack increase. but what type of game shape will Von be in after only a week of practice? If he's exhausted at the end...who knows.

But...his presence should help the ends get to Luck.

That extra guy will be on Von to free up an end. It's the interior DL thar needs to step up and pressure Luck.

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 11:47 AM
That extra guy will be on Von to free up an end. It's the interior DL thar needs to step up and pressure Luck.

I kind of like how Jackson, Ayers and Phillips have been performing without Von. Hopefully that gets even better with him there.

underrated29
10-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Itll be interesting. I read an article about him during his suspension and how he is up to 261 lbs or something like that and 10% or less body fat. Which means that he will still have all his speed before but now he is 20+ lbs of muscle stronger- perhaps even quicker. I dont care so much that he worked with a pass rush specialts during that time too as Robert Ayers worked with that guy also.

But the fact that we will be passing a bunch and likely shut down indys run. They will be forced to pass- like all teams have. If ayers and Malik and Shaun phillips can get a couple sacks on QBs- especially when the QB has like 10 seconds to throw, I figure Von should be able to get at least two sacks on luck. Plus, I think von comes out guns blazing.

blamkin86
10-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Here's a better stat for you: Maybe a sack, but I say Luck goes for less than his average YPG. That would be a huge turnaound for this team.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Are we assuming Woodyard, Ayers, or both are back for this question?

underrated29
10-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Are we assuming Woodyard, Ayers, or both are back for this question?

Do it however you want. Theres no rules. Just what you think his stats will be once the game has been played.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Well, Luck is a slippery QB. I think he will get a sack on a 3rd and long, 3 QB hurries, 4 total tackles.

slim
10-14-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm not sure, but I bet Trent Richardson averages around 3 yards per carry.

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure, but I bet Trent Richardson averages around 3 yards per carry.

Bold prediction

SR
10-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Three tackles, one TFL, one sack.

MOtorboat
10-14-2013, 01:11 PM
I think he's the type of guy who will come out a little over-anxious, and overrun a lot of plays early, and the end result might be a little underwhelming.

3 tackles and a sack.

dogfish
10-14-2013, 01:12 PM
But the fact that we will be passing a bunch and likely shut down indys run. They will be forced to pass- like all teams have. If ayers and Malik and Shaun phillips can get a couple sacks on QBs- especially when the QB has like 10 seconds to throw, I figure Von should be able to get at least two sacks on luck. Plus, I think von comes out guns blazing.

what, you think we can contain the mighty trent?

:heh:

wayninja
10-14-2013, 01:29 PM
The colts o-line did pretty well against the 49ers. It will be interesting to see.

Wouldn't mind seeing them get beat up a bit tonight on the short week.

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 01:29 PM
I dont care if he has 0 sacks. If the pressure alone causes quick, poor decisions then it's all worth it.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Von weighs 262 right now. Is he fat and out of shape?
If he is in shape, thats cool. He has never been this big.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Von weighs 262 right now. Is he fat and out of shape?
If he is in shape, thats cool. He has never been this big.

The reports are that weight gain is all muscle. Supposedly he's been tearing it up in the weight room.

dogfish
10-14-2013, 02:02 PM
The reports are that weight gain is all muscle. Supposedly he's been tearing it up in the weight room.

o great, now he's probably on steroids. . .

Magnificent Seven
10-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Von Miller will be rusty in the first quarter... then he will be a Vonster in the 2nd quarter. It's Miller Time!

BroncoFan85
10-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Von will at least have 1 sack but the most important stat will be how much pressure he gets on luck. We need pressure which turns into mistakes and turnovers

wayninja
10-14-2013, 02:11 PM
o great, now he's probably on steroids. . .

What??? How could you even think that? Totally baseless.

Magnificent Seven
10-14-2013, 02:21 PM
I'd really love to see this... The Front 7

LDE: Derek Wolfe

DT: Kevin Vickerson

NT: Terrance Knighton

RDE: Robert Ayers

SLB: Von Miller

MLB: Wesley Woodyard

WLB: Shaun Phillips

Dzone
10-14-2013, 02:38 PM
So 7 weeks ago, Von was playing in the last preseason game...I dont think 7 weeks is long enough to get out of shape. He should be ready to go all game if he has been training for it

Dzone
10-14-2013, 02:40 PM
I'd really love to see this... The Front 7

LDE: Derek Wolfe

DT: Kevin Vickerson

NT: Terrance Knighton

RDE: Robert Ayers

SLB: Von Miller

MLB: Wesley Woodyard

WLB: Shaun Phillips
Hope Trevathan gets on the field too!
Wolfe is the only guy on that list who has been awol this season

SR
10-14-2013, 02:40 PM
I'd really love to see this... The Front 7 LDE: Derek Wolfe DT: Kevin Vickerson NT: Terrance Knighton RDE: Robert Ayers SLB: Von Miller MLB: Wesley Woodyard WLB: Shaun Phillips

You would rather have Phillips at Will than Trevethan?

Wolfe needs to do something. He's been pretty unimpressive all year.

Ziggy
10-14-2013, 02:43 PM
You would rather have Phillips at Will than Trevethan?

Wolfe needs to do something. He's been pretty unimpressive all year.

Wolfe has quietly had a very good season. He's been drawing constant double teams inside allowing guys like Phillips, Jackson, and Ayers to be freed up to make big plays.

slim
10-14-2013, 02:51 PM
On obvious passing downs, we can have Wolfe and Jackson inside with Ayers and Philips outside...and Von lined up wherever. :eek:

powderaddict
10-14-2013, 02:56 PM
On obvious passing downs, we can have Wolfe and Jackson inside with Ayers and Philips outside...and Von lined up wherever. :eek:

I like this!

Von will have an impact. For the sake of those who care about numbers over results I hope he gets a few sacks, but his impact will improve the entire defense.

Ravage!!!
10-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Much like people expected Denver to have a HUGE game against the Jags, and over hyped because it was the Broncos against a woeful team...I think that the return of Von will have too much expectations of him on this game. The colts are a GOOD team, that have beaten two teams that have VERY good pass rushes in San Fran and Seattle. I don't expect Von to have a huge game against Andrew and this team. Luck is smart, knows his protections, and knows where to take the ball.

But I think they will have to throw the ball a lot because they won't be able to run against us. Thus giving Von that many more opportunities, and I thinkt he Broncos will let him go to get him back into the rythme of FLYING after the QB. Get him back into the "groove" so to speak. 1 sack (andrew will be moving outside the pocket when Von gets him), 3 hurries

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Much like people expected Denver to have a HUGE game against the Jags, and over hyped because it was the Broncos against a woeful team...I think that the return of Von will have too much expectations of him on this game. The colts are a GOOD team, that have beaten two teams that have VERY good pass rushes in San Fran and Seattle. I don't expect Von to have a huge game against Andrew and this team. Luck is smart, knows his protections, and knows where to take the ball.

But I think they will have to throw the ball a lot because they won't be able to run against us. Thus giving Von that many more opportunities, and I thinkt he Broncos will let him go to get him back into the rythme of FLYING after the QB. Get him back into the "groove" so to speak. 1 sack (andrew will be moving outside the pocket when Von gets him), 3 hurries

For what it's worth...

Without Miller all season and without Ayers the last 6 quarters...Denver has more total sacks than both Seattle and San Francisco. Yes, both of them have been without their top pass rushers as well, but I think we can present something to Indy that they didnt see against SEA and SF when they played them.

slim
10-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Von is the most disruptive defensive player in the league. Yeah, he's gonna bring the pain this week.

Skinny
10-14-2013, 04:08 PM
5 tackles, 2TFL, and 1 sack.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 05:29 PM
I can't help but feel it's going to be extreme one way or the other. He's either going to be shutdown or he is going to have a monster game. The cynic in me is leaning towards shut-down, hope I'm wrong.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Glad Von is back...Hope he can stay away from idiots who influence him and also hope he can think for himself. If not, his career will unravel and he will be suspended or worse.
As for Wolfe, maybe he is having a stellar season, but havent seen him in any highlights yet. The few times I focused on wolfe, he was getting manhandled. Double teamed? Really?

wayninja
10-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Glad Von is back...Hope he can stay away from idiots who influence him and also hope he can think for himself. If not, his career will unravel and he will be suspended or worse.
As for Wolfe, maybe he is having a stellar season, but havent seen him in any highlights yet. The few times I focused on wolfe, he was getting manhandled. Double teamed? Really?

Yeah, Wolfe isn't flashy, but he's very consistently solid. I've seen him doubled teamed a few times at least. He gets enough push that he's something the o-line needs to worry about. Causing them to worry and have to adjust means he's doing his job even if he doesn't make it to the QB.

NightTerror218
10-14-2013, 09:24 PM
I am thinking 1 sack several hurries and 4 TFL and 6 tackles. I think the hurries will turn into rushing attempts but von is playing with a vegenace and will be amazing. DL will be dominant and pass I yards will be down significantly

Dzone
10-14-2013, 09:31 PM
4 sacks, maybe 5...Von is going to go nuts...He is bigger, stronger and he is pissed...on that field turf at mucus oil stadium, hell yes

Poet
10-14-2013, 09:45 PM
I believe that the young man will get 2 sacks and 6-8 tackles.

My reasoning for this?

None.

Ziggy
10-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Von- 4 tackles, 3tfl, 0 sacks
Shawn Phillips- 3 sacks

The little known Von Miller effect.

Elevation inc
10-14-2013, 10:54 PM
2 sacks, 5 pressures, 4 qb hits, 2 tfl, and a FF

Broncolingus
10-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Its monday and slow. Im bored. So here you have it.

I say it goes like this:

2.5 sacks, 4 hits, 5 Qb hurries, 6tackles, 4TFL.

(id like to add more sacks, but Luck is surprisingly fast and mobile. So I think he evades a few.)

I'd like to know who will be consistently lining up on the other side of the DL...

...but I'll give him the benefit and go optimistic with 3 sacks, 2 QB hits, 2 QB hurries, 1 FF, and idk tackles...

Broncos win 38-24.

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 12:10 PM
5 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 new sack dance

Joker56
10-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Ok... i have no idea ... what he will do..
But as the Chargers just beat up on the Colts... can we pull off the same thing ?
Frustrate the Colts to no end ?
Maybe so ...

Joel
10-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Wolfe has quietly had a very good season. He's been drawing constant double teams inside allowing guys like Phillips, Jackson, and Ayers to be freed up to make big plays.
I've been wondering if something like this happens Sunday. Can Indy still double Wolfe? If I'm the Colts I'd rather have Luck trying to run from him than from Miller. Can Richardson chip guys coming off BOTH ends?

So yeah, not calling it; they could sell out on shutting down Miller and end up with Ayers, Phillips or Wolfe posting 5 sacks. That would be every bit as good.

LTC Pain
10-16-2013, 09:47 AM
7 tackles, 3 sacks, several pressures. If Ayers and Woodyard are back in the lineup Luck is in some deep doo-doo. :salute:

wayninja
10-16-2013, 10:59 AM
5 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 1 new sack dance

I just hope it doesn't involve some pantomime bong hit or something.