PDA

View Full Version : Broncos facing another change up front

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2013, 09:36 PM
DENVER -- Their left tackle is on injured reserve, their right tackle left Sunday’s game with a knee injury, their center never started an NFL game at the position before the season opener. And yet the only quarterback in the league who has been sacked fewer times than the Denver Broncos' Peyton Manning over the season's first six games is rookie Mike Glennon.

And Glennon has played in just two games for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this season.

But the Broncos do have some concerns in the offensive front as they begin to prepare for their next game against the Indianapolis Colts. With Ryan Clady (foot) already on injured reserve and center Manny Ramirez still working through the position’s nuances -- he and Manning didn’t connect on two snaps Sunday, both bobbles were recovered by the Jaguars -- the Broncos will now hope for the best when it comes to right tackle Orlando Franklin.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/1563/broncos-facing-another-change-up-front

Slick
10-13-2013, 09:47 PM
Kuper was limping after the game? We can't catch a break. I'm way more concerned about the offensive line than I am the defense at this point.

SR
10-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Kuper was limping after the game? We can't catch a break. I'm way more concerned about the offensive line than I am the defense at this point.

Watch Fox's post game conference. All he mentioned was Franklin and Sly.

TXBRONC
10-13-2013, 09:58 PM

All he says about Franklin is "We hope we can get him back next week." I don't want to read to much into it but that kind of sounds like Franklin's injury may not be to serious.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2013, 10:20 PM
All he says about Franklin is "We hope we can get him back next week." I don't want to read to much into it but that kind of sounds like Franklin's injury may not be to serious.

He will have an MRI tomorrow.

NightTrainLayne
10-13-2013, 10:25 PM

Last Tuesday on Sirius/XM's weekly interview with Coach Fox, he said that we came through last week "in good shape", and left the general impression that we ought to have everyone back this week.

Obviously, that was way off since Woodyard couldn't even practice this week.

I would not put any stock in what Fox says about injuries.

SR
10-13-2013, 10:43 PM

He says Franklin and Sylvester were the only players that left and didn't return

Broncolingus
10-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Injuries are the biggest concern to this team not making, and/or competing, in the postseason right now...

...and Denver's had it full season's worth of 'key' injuries in 6-games already, so let's give it a ****-ing rest injury bug!