PDA

View Full Version : Peyton’s Take: Broncos vs. Jaguars

Denver Native (Carol)
10-13-2013, 08:25 PM
DENVER – Sunday afternoon at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, quarterback Peyton Manning's 295-yard, two-touchdown performance helped earn his team its sixth consecutive win to open the 2013 season.

In the 35-19 victory against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the signal caller extended his NFL-record streak of games with a 90-plus passer rating to 19 even as he was held below 300 yards for the first time all season.

“It was a good win,” Manning said. “We’ll learn a lot from the film. There were some good things and certainly some things we can correct.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton%E2%80%99s-Take-Broncos-vs-Jaguars/aad39951-1199-4171-aa77-0a6b5d2ef6da

Slick
10-13-2013, 09:40 PM
He says all the right things and takes accountibility for his mistakes.

BroncoWave
10-13-2013, 09:56 PM
He really seemed visibly annoyed in that press conference. Can't blame him. Too many mistakes made on offense this week. You'd think we lost today by the way he answered some of those questions.

SR
10-13-2013, 10:44 PM
He really seemed visibly annoyed in that press conference. Can't blame him. Too many mistakes made on offense this week. You'd think we lost today by the way he answered some of those questions.

That was the same impression I got

CrazyHorse
10-14-2013, 12:05 AM
This is easily the worst game he's played this year. Good thing it came against an opponent like the Jags. Let's hope the bad games are out of his system.

Broncolingus
10-14-2013, 06:10 AM
This is easily the worst game he's played this year. Good thing it came against an opponent like the Jags.

Yup to both, brother...

spikerman
10-14-2013, 07:05 AM
At the end of the article is this quote from Peyton. I suspect that this was part of the problem yesterday.
It’s not easy to win football games,” Manning said. "I learned long ago never to take winning for granted and sometimes you have to remind your own players that it’s tough to win in the NFL.

chazoe60
10-14-2013, 07:18 AM
They played flat in a trap game ans still beat an NFL team by double digits and scored 35 points. Pretty good predicament to be in if you ask me.

gregbroncs
10-14-2013, 07:20 AM
That was the 1st game I thought the offense was off in. The game was closer than should have been because the defense is just not looking very good right now. The last 2 games have been pretty bad for the defense. Hopefully we get Woodyard and Ayers back, and getting Von back helps correct our defensive issues with those 2 as well. I think the defense has not been playing as aggressive as they would like because of their lack of a pass rush. Maybe that will change when they get Von back.