PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller's suspension is officially over.

Bronco4ever
10-13-2013, 07:36 PM
It couldn't come at a better time. We did some good things today on defense, including some great sacks by Malik Jackson and tipped balls by Philips. Our defense only surrendered 13 points to the Jags offense, but made Henne and Blackmon look much better than they really are.

Our pass defense in general has looked pretty week throughout the season. At times, Henne had plenty of time to throw even having a patchwork line protecting him. Not to mention Romo doing whatever he wanted to last week in Dallas.

This defense should be much better with Von playing again. I don't recall the exact numbers, but ESPN ran a stat at the beginning of Von's suspension. Last year, opposing QB's had a dramatically lower QBR when Von was on the field versus him on the sideline. I can only hope Von comes back with a vengeance to wreck having these last 10 games of the regular season. Imagine how much his presence and constant QB pressure is going to affect the whole defense!

Magnificent Seven
10-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Hell Yeah! Rise of Orange Crush!

Nomad
10-13-2013, 07:55 PM
I hope Von's return is as good as we all hope. But he'll need help from the interior as well to put pressure up the middle and not let those QBs step up. Playoff game with the Ravens is a good example.

spikerman
10-13-2013, 08:18 PM
I hope Von's return is as good as we all hope. But he'll need help from the interior as well to put pressure up the middle and not let those QBs step up. Playoff game with the Ravens is a good example.

And almost every game against the Pats.

camdisco24
10-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Von's return is going to do wonders for this D. I truly believe that. Plus, Woodyard, Ayers, and Bailey all out of the field together (hopefully)?? Next week should be very telling.

SR
10-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Von's return is going to do wonders for this D. I truly believe that. Plus, Woodyard, Ayers, and Bailey all out of the field together (hopefully)?? Next week should be very telling.

Miller will make a difference but it's gonna take more than Miller to fix this defense IMO

DenBronx
10-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Release the Kracken!!!

camdisco24
10-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Miller will make a difference but it's gonna take more than Miller to fix this defense IMO

Of course, but these past two weeks we've been without or most vocal leader (Woodyard), our HOF CB (Bailey), and our future HOFer (Miller). And with the way Ayers has played, he's been missed two. I'm just saying, if we have those 4 healthy, this is a very different looking D.

SR
10-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Von is already a future HOFer? Color me tickled.

While I agree that we are missing quite a few pieces on defense, even with everyone healthy we are still going to be missing any kind of steady pass rush or pocket collapse from the front four. Just as well, this bullshit zone that Del Rio has them playing is also hurting.

Like I said, it'll take more than Von to fix the defense.

camdisco24
10-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Von is already a future HOFer? Color me tickled.

At the pace he was going before suspension, I would say yes, easily. If the guy can stay off the weed, he's going to have an amazing career.

Broncolingus
10-14-2013, 06:12 AM
Great game for Von to come back against...

...and the secondary to get back on track on.

...AND to put a quash the ****-ing injury bug!!!

Northman
10-14-2013, 06:56 AM
I really hope Von comes back ready to go. If we have to wait for him to get up too speed and find his chemistry again it will suck. We are going to need him to be an immediate impact next week. Like pronto.

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Getting everyone healthy and on the field will be a definite improvement. A front 4/5 of Ayers, Jackson, Wolfe, Phillips, Miller with DRC, Bailey and Harris in coverage "SHOULD" be a solid defense. Too bad we cant play some games on paper

GEM
10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
I don't know if Von on his own rushing the passer is enough to make up for this pass defense. Hope so, but he's gotta knock the rust off. I don't trust the kid anymore, he's up for a year or longer suspension at any time and with his track record, he is unworthy of trust in my book.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-14-2013, 10:54 AM
I don't know if Von on his own rushing the passer is enough to make up for this pass defense. Hope so, but he's gotta knock the rust off. I don't trust the kid anymore, he's up for a year or longer suspension at any time and with his track record, he is unworthy of trust in my book.

I think Woody not being in there for the last 6 quarters has hurt quite a bit. When both he and Danny T are in there it really helps coverage in the short middle of the field. It also affects blitzing and alignments up front. We can't be as exotic when Woody isn't in. I think we will need both of them next week against the Colts. It's got to be all hands on deck.

Nomad
10-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Colts are a damn good team to begin with. Even if the BRONCOS were a 100% healthy, BRONCOS have to bring their A++ game next Sunday Night.

Northman
10-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Denver is probably about due to lose a game at this point. But, Manning is returning to Indy so im sure he wants to put his best game face on so it will be a interesting matchup.

vettesplus
10-14-2013, 05:00 PM
I hope he is able to keep his bong dry until offseason...

SR
10-14-2013, 05:03 PM
I hope he is able to keep his bong dry until offseason...

Yeah. That's the road we want him on.