PDA

View Full Version : Justin Blackmon is Still Open

Ziggy
10-13-2013, 06:29 PM
But who cares. A win is a win. I've been surprised at this D for the last 2 weeks. Unlike the first 4 games, the Broncos made very few defensive adjustments in the 2nd half. Von will help, but how much? Time to turn this D around.

Northman
10-13-2013, 06:29 PM
But who cares. A win is a win. I've been surprised at this D for the last 2 weeks. Unlike the first 4 games, the Broncos made very few defensive adjustments in the 2nd half. Von will help, but how much? Time to turn this D around.

Is Blackmon enshrined in the HOF yet? Ask Denbronx.

Bronco4ever
10-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Not that our D played great against a sub par opponent, but minus Manning's pick 6, they only surrendered 13 points. Coupled that with one of the fumbles that had Jacksonville in FG range. Im almost more disappointed in our offense that squandered a lot of opportunities and looked very sloppy at times.

DenBronx
10-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Is Blackmon enshrined in the HOF yet? Ask Denbronx.

I never said he was a HOFer, not once. Now you are exaggerating. I said he makes the Jags better and so does Henne.

Nice try.

But yes, he did shred our secondary. With Champ, DRC, Nacho and Moore in.

Northman
10-13-2013, 06:45 PM
I never said he was a HOFer, not once. Now you are exaggerating. I said he makes the Jags better and so does Henne.

Nice try.

But yes, he did shred our secondary. With Champ, DRC, Nacho and Moore in.

I dont know, the way you were licking both he and Henne's sack there it was kind of hard to tell. :)

Simple Jaded
10-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Slant after slant and no adjustments. Henne can play.

Northman
10-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Lmao

TXBRONC
10-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Henne is a journeyman quarterback who had good game.

Giving up those slants was annoying but the fact is they didn't give up many points and that's what's most important.

ShaneFalco
10-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Thats what the jags do. Slants down the middle and runs on the outside. it puts any defense in a weird position sometimes

spikerman
10-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Well, it's scary that Jacksonville had ONE offensive threat for the Denver defense to be concerned about and they still had no answer. Denver's defense is going to cost them this year at some point.

SR
10-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I heard Blackmon just hit the 400 yard mark

HORSEPOWER 56
10-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Slant after slant and no adjustments. Henne can play.

The quick slant is the toughest pass to cover. If the CB gambles and breaks inside to beat the slant, the WR just goes upfield for a big gain. You can only beat that slant by having your safeties cheat down into the throwing lane exposing the deep ball, LBs playing or breaking outside the Tackles and getting in that lane first thing which exposes you to the run up the middle, or having your DEs disciplined enough to recognize a 3 step drop and get their hands up - ala JJ Watt.

In case you didn't notice, we're a little light at starting LBs right now and our D line isn't in the best shape, either. I still think we have Wolfe playing out of position at DE (he provides zero pass rush) and Phillips is undersized. I'd like to see Jackson get more reps at end. He is taller and stronger than Wolfe and has a quicker first step.

VonDoom
10-13-2013, 07:21 PM
I think Blackmon is a good young receiver. He's not Dez Bryant though, so there's really no excuse. Defense has to step it up when they're playing a real team.

Broncolingus
10-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Justin Blackmon is Still Open

I love it!

TXBRONC
10-13-2013, 07:25 PM
I would say the defense did step up. They gave up 13 freaking points after giving up 48 just a week earlier.

spikerman
10-13-2013, 07:26 PM
I heard Blackmon just hit the 400 yard mark

I'm guessing it was after catching about 100 slants. Maybe the Broncos' defense will eventually figure out that he's running those slants. I know it's tough to figure out after only about 90 catches.

ShaneFalco
10-13-2013, 07:29 PM
its tough because you are trying to stop MJD from going to the outside.

spikerman
10-13-2013, 07:34 PM
its tough because you are trying to stop MJD from going to the outside.

The Jaguars had one legit receiving threat. There was no reason for him to be able to do the damage he did. Next week could be U-G-L-Y.

DenBronx
10-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Justin Blackmons new nickname is 7/11 because he is always open.

Northman
10-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I would say the defense did step up. They gave up 13 freaking points after giving up 48 just a week earlier.

Thats not saying much when playing the Jags.

Traveler
10-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Couldn't watch the game today. How did Champ look? Rusty? Old? What......?

spikerman
10-13-2013, 08:13 PM

He didn't look great, but that was no different than the rest of the defense.

Canmore
10-13-2013, 08:21 PM

He got a pick on a 2 point conversion.

SR
10-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Touchdown Blackmon!!!!

spikerman
10-13-2013, 08:25 PM

Well, being honest, Henne threw it right to him. Bailey didn't have to do much and picks on extra points don't count. He did make one nice play along the sideline on a back shoulder throw, though.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Bailey had at least 3 pass defensed and an unofficial pick. Iirc he's pretty much the only one to successfully defend the slant.

Slick
10-13-2013, 08:57 PM

We seem to be forgetting that.

It's not like there was a ton of film on Henne and Blackmon. For all we know Del Rio could have designed the defense to guard against the deep ball that killed us against Dallas last week, leaving us vunerable to that slant route. They didn't score with it.

DenBronx
10-13-2013, 09:10 PM
The defense only gave up 13 points, Henne threw two INTs, their 3rd down percentage was like 33%. If not for Mannings INT it wouldnt seem so bad.

I think you guys were just thinking we were going to score like 95 points on them or something.

Going from 48 points allowed to 13 isnt so bad.

BroncoWave
10-13-2013, 09:10 PM
We seem to be forgetting that.

It's not like there was a ton of film on Henne and Blackmon. For all we know Del Rio could have designed the defense to guard against the deep ball that killed us against Dallas last week, leaving us vunerable to that slant route. They didn't score with it.

This is a great point. Who cares if we get beat on the slant all day as long as we stop them in the red zone, which we did for the most part. Better than giving up deep bombs all day. This jags team is probably the best one they have put on the field all year. Henne is their best QB and Blackmon is their best WR. This was their first game both starting this season.

spikerman
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
The defense only gave up 13 points, Henne threw two INTs, their 3rd down percentage was like 33%. If not for Mannings INT it wouldnt seem so bad.

I think you guys were just thinking we were going to score like 95 points on them or something.

HUGE difference in offensive firepower between this week and last week. The Jaguars are a bad team playing with a makeshift offensive line, a backup quarterback, and they lost a starting WR early on. With all of that, they still sliced up the defense pretty easily. True, they didn't score a lot of points, but there is definitely reason for concern.

TXBRONC
10-13-2013, 09:18 PM

Unfortunately he doesn't get credit for the pick.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2013, 09:27 PM

The Seahawks gave 17 points, got 2 picks and allowed 29% 3rd down conversion rate to the same Jaguars team. The Seahawks! One of the best defenses in the league, in front of the greatest home field advantage in the history of sports of any kind.

It wasn't the standards we're used to on offense, three huge TO's, that's the only story of this game.

TXBRONC
10-13-2013, 09:32 PM
The Seahawks gave 17 points, got 2 picks and allowed 29% 3rd down conversion rate to the same Jaguars team. The Seahawks! One of the best defenses in the league, in front of the greatest home field advantage in the history of sports of any kind.

It wasn't the standards we're used to on offense, three huge TO's, that's the only story of this game.

That more than anything else kept the game close.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2013, 09:36 PM
That more than anything else kept the game close.

That and the ******* slant pass.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2013, 09:38 PM
The Jaguars had one legit receiving threat. There was no reason for him to be able to do the damage he did. Next week could be U-G-L-Y.

To be fair Cecil Shorts hung 150 yards on the Seahawks.

TXBRONC
10-13-2013, 09:43 PM
To be fair Cecil Shorts hung 150 yards on the Seahawks.

And that was right in the middle Blackmon's suspension.

Simple Jaded
10-13-2013, 09:53 PM
And that was right in the middle Blackmon's suspension.

Yup, it's ok for the Seahawks tho.

DenBronx
10-14-2013, 03:50 AM
And HE'S STILL WIDE OPEN!!!

Northman
10-14-2013, 04:19 AM
HUGE difference in offensive firepower between this week and last week. The Jaguars are a bad team playing with a makeshift offensive line, a backup quarterback, and they lost a starting WR early on. With all of that, they still sliced up the defense pretty easily. True, they didn't score a lot of points, but there is definitely reason for concern.

Qft.

Its amazing the lengths to which people will go to try and excuse bad defensive play. Now all of a sudden according to these guys the Jags are SB contenders. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dapper Dan
10-14-2013, 05:15 AM
10th time in his career that Henne has thrown for 300 yards.

Henne had more yards than Manning. Imagine if Henne had the luxury of having DT, Decker, Welker, and Julius.

I'm not saying the sky is falling. I think the defense will heal up, adjust, and play better. The defense really needs help against the pass. Hopefully Von Miller will be the answer. It'll be good to get Woodyard back too.

Broncolingus
10-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Not that our D played great against a sub par opponent, but minus Manning's pick 6, they only surrendered 13 points.

...I think that's a legitimate point...just surprised it was even that high given what happened in Dallas last week and the level of competition.

Northman
10-14-2013, 06:58 AM
...I think that's a legitimate point...just surprised it was even that high given what happened in Dallas last week and the level of competition.

Except of course had it been the Saints and not the Jags it would of been a whole different story. Its easy to say we only surrendered 13 points but it was the ******* Jags. lol

BroncoNut
10-14-2013, 07:17 AM
The quick slant is the toughest pass to cover. If the CB gambles and breaks inside to beat the slant, the WR just goes upfield for a big gain. You can only beat that slant by having your safeties cheat down into the throwing lane exposing the deep ball, LBs playing or breaking outside the Tackles and getting in that lane first thing which exposes you to the run up the middle, or having your DEs disciplined enough to recognize a 3 step drop and get their hands up - ala JJ Watt.

In case you didn't notice, we're a little light at starting LBs right now and our D line isn't in the best shape, either. I still think we have Wolfe playing out of position at DE (he provides zero pass rush) and Phillips is undersized. I'd like to see Jackson get more reps at end. He is taller and stronger than Wolfe and has a quicker first step.

this is a great football post. I found this beneficial.

I didnt' like the way we played on either side of the ball. the offense sputtered a bit being with a series of 3 and outs and the defense was just kinda soft overall. I can't break it down like HP does here, or pinpoint it,.... is it athleticism, power, discipline, JDR, all of the above. just didnt' seem to adjust on defense and the offense failed to execute on a number of plays that was a bit uncomfortable for me

Broncolingus
10-14-2013, 07:41 AM
Except of course had it been the Saints and not the Jags it would of been a whole different story. Its easy to say we only surrendered 13 points but it was the ******* Jags. lol

...isn't that what I was trying to say? :D

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 07:51 AM

We beat an NFL team by 16 points in a game in which we were really off on both sides of the football. It's ok North, the sky isn't falling! :lol:

nevcraw
10-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Jeez some of you act like we lost. Blackmon scored how many times? 0. Henne threw for how many TD's? 0. we gave up one TD. that's a good day. Spoiled Bronco fans boo at at halftime and bitch when the broncos give up one TD in a football game. redic

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Jeez some of you act like we lost. Blackmon scored how many times? 0. Henne threw for how many TD's? 0. we gave up one TD. that's a good day. Spoiled Bronco fans boo at at halftime and bitch when the broncos give up one TD in a football game. redic

I think the frustration has more to do with how we played against a bad team. Blackmon was the ONLY player on the field that could hurt us and he was open all day long. No, he didnt score...but he probably should have.

It just goes a long way in showing how we handle any receiver with mid-elite talent lately. DRC was shutting down the top receivers early, but now we cant seem to stop any of them. Offenses have adjusted and found a flaw in our defense. Unless we tighten it up, the Belichik's and Reid's and Pagano's of the world are going to make us pay.

Dapper Dan
10-14-2013, 08:52 AM

My point exactly. Yes, it's a win. But that's what they're suppose to do against the Jags, win. They aren't suppose to give up 300 yards passing to the QB and 190 yards rushing to the WR. They aren't suppose to fumble the snap twice and throw a pick 6. This is the ******* Jags. And if you think the defense didn't get their asses chewed then you're crazy. They shouldn't have even given up 13 points. The Jags are the lowest scoring team in the NFL. I sure hope the Jags make the playoffs, because if the Broncos shit the bed like they did yesterday, they won't win a playoff game.

Rex
10-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Thats what the jags do. Slants down the middle and runs on the outside. it puts any defense in a weird position sometimes

That's exactly what KC does by the way.

OrangeHoof
10-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Blackmon is a beast when he shows up to play. Ask the Texans what he did to them last year. Between Blackmon and Gary Coleman, the Quagmires have the semblance of an offense when both are healthy and motivated. Take either one out and they have nothing.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 09:40 AM
It's Monday, and he's still open.

Northman
10-14-2013, 10:06 AM
We beat an NFL team by 16 points in a game in which we were really off on both sides of the football. It's ok North, the sky isn't falling! :lol:

No one said it was.

Northman
10-14-2013, 10:07 AM
I think the frustration has more to do with how we played against a bad team. Blackmon was the ONLY player on the field that could hurt us and he was open all day long. No, he didnt score...but he probably should have.

It just goes a long way in showing how we handle any receiver with mid-elite talent lately. DRC was shutting down the top receivers early, but now we cant seem to stop any of them. Offenses have adjusted and found a flaw in our defense. Unless we tighten it up, the Belichik's and Reid's and Pagano's of the world are going to make us pay.

Thank you.

Nomad
10-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Next Sunday night, it'll be 'T Y Hilton' still open.:lol:

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 10:22 AM

If we play like the last 2 weeks...yeah...you're right. And that's not a good thing

SR
10-14-2013, 10:25 AM

Or Reggie Wayne.

Or DHB.

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Or Reggie Wayne.

Or DHB.

Or if it's like the Dallas game...all 3 of them

SR
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Or if it's like the Dallas game...all 3 of them

Plus the TE.

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Plus the TE.

Fleener has game. I think our defense proves that it's not only the Denver offense that can roll out 4 weapons. Every team we play against can as well.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-14-2013, 10:28 AM

My point exactly. Yes, it's a win. But that's what they're suppose to do against the Jags, win. They aren't suppose to give up 300 yards passing to the QB and 190 yards rushing to the WR. They aren't suppose to fumble the snap twice and throw a pick 6. This is the ******* Jags. And if you think the defense didn't get their asses chewed then you're crazy. They shouldn't have even given up 13 points. The Jags are the lowest scoring team in the NFL. I sure hope the Jags make the playoffs, because if the Broncos shit the bed like they did yesterday, they won't win a playoff game.

First off, the Jags are a professional football team. Their defense really isn't bad at all. They've looked bad in some contests because their offense turned the ball over a lot and had a lot of 3 and outs causing the defense to be in a hole a lot.

Secondly, every week and every team is different you can't judge how well we'll play vs Indy or any other team based in the week before.

How many times do you see a heavily favored team lose to an underdog or not play well? All the time. The woeful Chiefs smashed the heavily favored Packers 2 years ago. It happens. The Pats lost to the 4-12 Cardinals last year with Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez playing. It happens.

Thirdly, our team isn't exactly playing at full strength right now on either side of the ball. Right now, there are only 2 of the original starters on the Oline playing. Ramirez was the 3rd string center coming into camp.

Our defense has missed several key players and has never been at full strength for any game. Even though guys like Champ and Harris played this week, they are still dinged up.

All this and we still beat all but one team by double digits. Not every game is going to be perfect and not every game will be a blow out.

If KC wasn't also 6-0, would there still be this feeling like we not only need to win, but destroy everyone we play? It's not necessary to be perfect every week. Manning puts enough on his shoulders to be perfect every week and we know he's not going to mail it in.

Maybe we should just be happy with winning and stop worrying about stats so much? We finally have a team that can compete with anyone, let's just enjoy it. Everyone seems to be nitpicking too much. I mean, booing the team going into halftime with the lead and worrying about how many yards we allowed is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

nevcraw
10-14-2013, 10:29 AM

thanks for making my point.

rationalfan
10-14-2013, 10:31 AM
First off, the Jags are a professional football team. Their defense really isn't bad at all. They've looked bad in some contests because their offense turned the ball over a lot and had a lot of 3 and outs causing the defense to be in a hole a lot.

Secondly, every week and every team is different you can't judge how well we'll play vs Indy or any other team based in the week before.

How many times do you see a heavily favored team lose to an underdog or not play well? All the time. The woeful Chiefs smashed the heavily favored Packers 2 years ago. It happens. The Pats lost to the 4-12 Cardinals last year with Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez playing. It happens.

yep.

Northman
10-14-2013, 10:43 AM
All this and we still beat all but one team by double digits. Not every game is going to be perfect and not every game will be a blow out.

If KC wasn't also 6-0, would there still be this feeling like we not only need to win, but destroy everyone we play? It's not necessary to be perfect every week. Manning puts enough on his shoulders to be perfect every week and we know he's not going to mail it in.

Maybe we should just be happy with winning and stop worrying about stats so much? We finally have a team that can compete with anyone, let's just enjoy it. Everyone seems to be nitpicking too much. I mean, booing the team going into halftime with the lead and worrying about how many yards we allowed is a little ridiculous if you ask me.

Certainly your opinion but not everyone shares it. I suppose why i myself am a bit nitpicky is because ive seen what its like to see a team with high expectations lose focus and lose sight of the ultimate goal. It doesnt mean that Denver doesnt go to Indy next week and plays better. But it does show that right now there are some glaring issues that need to be improved upon. Even Manning himself yesterday understood that considering how the offense played. I didnt see him jerking himself off in happiness because of the win and frankly im glad. It means they do understand they took the Jags for granted and i hope they get back to improving upon their mistakes. Sorry to say, Championship teams have to nitpick themselves otherwise they get to complacent. Its no different for some of the fans who feel the same way.

DenBronx
10-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Blackmon over the middle for 58 yards!

DenBronx
10-14-2013, 04:05 PM

I think the main reason it wasnt a total blowout is because we underestimated them. People were talking about these odds two weeks before this game was even played. Don't you think the Jags had to hear it everyday that they were 28 point underdogs? They played as good as they could play and their teams isnt all scrubs.

We underestimated and the Jags overachieved.

slim
10-14-2013, 04:08 PM
You say underestimate, I say played like shit.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 04:10 PM

Meh, can't play great every week. I will start to worry when we play like shit and lose to a good team. I just think it's impossible to summon up your A game against a team like the Jags. We coasted along and they played like it was their super bowl. I don't have any doubt we will put forth a much better effort against Indy.

DenBronx
10-14-2013, 04:18 PM

Again....even with all of the injuries lets recap shall we?

48 points allowed from the Cowboys the prior week.
13 points scored on our defense against the Jags.....only ONE of those 13 points was a touchdown. Henne = ZERO TDs thrown....Blackmon = ZERO TDs caught. We held them to 2 field goals on their other drives.

We won by 16 points against a very hungry team and the Jags played really good defense against us. Manning hasnt been hit this much all year. Franklin also went down with an injury so Mannings protection was also off. We had 3 turnovers.

I don't think the Broncos are going to take the Colts this lightly next week.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 04:20 PM
I don't think the Broncos are going to take the Colts this lightly next week.

This. It's stupid to extrapolate the Jags game to say we are in trouble against the Colts. We are going to be much more hyped up to play at Indy then we were to play the lowly Jags.

GEM
10-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Meh, can't play great every week. I will start to worry when we play like shit and lose to a good team. I just think it's impossible to summon up your A game against a team like the Jags. We coasted along and they played like it was their super bowl. I don't have any doubt we will put forth a much better effort against Indy.

Great teams summon against every team. 2 shaky weeks heading into the Dome in Indy. Hope they shake it off and get it together. My biggest issue is the Broncos always seem to play down to their opponent. Stop it already. It's always pissed me off about them.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Great teams summon against every team. 2 shaky weeks heading into the Dome in Indy. Hope they shake it off and get it together. My biggest issue is the Broncos always seem to play down to their opponent. Stop it already. It's always pissed me off about them.

I'm not sure how true this is. When the Packers won the super bowl a few years ago, they lost to a 2 win Chiefs team. Our own 13-0 Broncos lost to a pretty bad Giants team. You see great teams play down to their competition all the time IMO. The great teams, like us, find a way to win those games by double digits.

Also, I disagree that we have played down to our opponent much this season. We blew out a decent Eagles team, a decent Ravens team, and a decent Raiders team. We also blew out a sorry Giants team.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 04:27 PM
I think we really need to do more as fans and really bring our A-game when booing. The guys need to know that we won't put up with any of their shit. 6-0 is meaningless if you don't play perfectly every play.

I know we are going to lose next week if Indy plays better than us. Bank on it.

CoachChaz
10-14-2013, 04:28 PM
At what point does the term "baiting" get used with this MF?

GEM
10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
I think we really need to do more as fans and really bring our A-game when booing. The guys need to know that we won't put up with any of their shit. 6-0 is meaningless if you don't play perfectly every play.

I know we are going to lose next week if Indy plays better than us. Bank on it.

Quit trolling multiple threads, ninja. :rolleyes: You're the one that can't let it go. Quit being a girl.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Quit trolling multiple thread, ninja. :rolleyes:

I guess it's ok for you though, right?

Quit being a hypocrite gem.

slim
10-14-2013, 05:34 PM
We had 3 turnovers.

Yeah, we played like shit.

It's stupid to extrapolate the Jags game to say we are in trouble against the Colts.

Who is doing that?

GEM
10-14-2013, 05:37 PM

Who is doing that?

I did.

We make some of the mistakes against the Colts that we made against the Jags, gonna be hard to go 7-0.

GEM
10-14-2013, 05:38 PM
I guess it's ok for you though, right?

Quit being a hypocrite gem.

I haven't followed you around any threads. I kept it in one thread.

#mirror

wayninja
10-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I haven't followed you around either. And this is thread number 2.

slim
10-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I did.

We make some of the mistakes against the Colts that we made against the Jags, gonna be hard to go 7-0.

Oh, I agree. If we play like that next week we will lose.

I doubt we will play that poorly though. We will finally have all of our starters on defense (crosses fingers on Woody).

GEM
10-14-2013, 05:40 PM
I haven't followed you around either. And this is thread number 2.

And you brought it here. :rolleyes:

slim
10-14-2013, 05:41 PM
You two take your lover's quarrel somewhere else.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 05:41 PM
And you brought it here. :rolleyes:

Gem, if you aren't going to read the thread, then we really can't have a discussion. Your eyerolls aren't helping anything. I didn't 'bring it here'. It was here before I said anything.

GEM
10-14-2013, 05:42 PM
I miss my ignore function sometimes.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 05:43 PM
I did.

Yeah, IF we make those mistakes it will be hard to win. But I just don't think you can assume we will make those mistakes next week because we made them against the Jags. I expect a much better effort against Indy.

SR
10-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I miss my ignore function sometimes.

Justin Blackmon down the sideline for a 97 yard TD!

TXBRONC
10-14-2013, 05:51 PM

I don't about playing down to the competition. In six wins only one of the was less than double digits.

GEM
10-14-2013, 05:58 PM
I don't about playing down to the competition. In six wins only one of the was less than double digits.

Not so much this season, but we've done it in years past. I should have clarified, sorry.

GEM
10-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Yeah, IF we make those mistakes it will be hard to win. But I just don't think you can assume we will make those mistakes next week because we made them against the Jags. I expect a much better effort against Indy.

Pass defense needs to get it together, Dallas and Jax showed there are issues. Luck can exploit. So need to get that together like yesterday.

I am a glass half empty when it comes to football. I remember 6-0 the last go around. Don't want to deal with that letdown or even last January's letdown again.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Pass defense needs to get it together, Dallas and Jax showed there are issues. Luck can exploit. So need to get that together like yesterday.

I am a glass half empty when it comes to football. I remember 6-0 the last go around. Don't want to deal with that letdown or even last January's letdown again.

Fair enough. Honestly, once the playoffs come around it's a crapshoot now matter how dominant you are. I never expect a SB, but I think this team has the best chance since Elway of giving us one. I think we will have a much better idea of how our defense will look once Von gets back into the groove of things.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Our pass defense has basically been exploited all season long. Part of that I think is passers generally having way too much time to throw. Hopefully Von can help turn that around. This was also Bailey's first game back so I'm not going to hang too much of the coverage on him given he was probably a bit rusty.

I'm starting to just expect that it's our offense that's going to have to (for the most part) carry us to the big show. If we can rely on our defense to give us a big stop here or there to slow them down (like the first and goal stand yesterday), I think that's about all we can really expect. It's not a great situation to be in going into cold-weather, but I think that's where we are.

GEM
10-14-2013, 06:08 PM
I just hope the defense doesn't get in our offense way too often.

TXBRONC
10-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Having Von in and of himself should help tremendously add Woodyard and Ayers to the mix and this defense should be a lot better.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Henne makes any WR look good. That guy is great. Henne is a future HOFer

Northman
10-14-2013, 07:29 PM

Probably a little of both.

Northman
10-14-2013, 07:32 PM

To be honest, Gem has never said (that i can tell) that we will lose the Colts game for sure. Her main point has been that if we play this sloppy vs the Colts we may lose that game because they are just a better overall team than the Jags. Its a valid point and concern. Its not set in stone, but its a fair viewpoint to have.

Nomad
10-14-2013, 07:34 PM
To be honest, Gem has never said (that i can tell) that we will lose the Colts game for sure. Her main point has been that if we play this sloppy vs the Colts we may lose that game because they are just a better overall team than the Jags. Its a valid point and concern. Its not set in stone, but its a fair viewpoint to have.

BRONCOS are favorites. -5.5 I couldn't find the over/under on the score.

Dzone
10-14-2013, 07:37 PM
BRONCOS are favorites. -5.5 I couldn't find the over/under on the score.
Well dangit that sucks. Now we are sure to lose

Nomad
10-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Well dangit that sucks. Now we are sure to lose

BRONCOS will win by a FG. It'll be a nail biter and a damn good game.

wayninja
10-14-2013, 07:48 PM

Yeah, maybe, but it's also a bit self evident. You can't play trash football and expect to keep winning.

To put it in a little perspective.... Luck has 1 more interception than manning going into week 6. Luck has thrown as many touchdowns going to into week 6 as Manning did going into week 2.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 08:23 PM

Yeah, but that goes without saying. Of course we will lose to Indy if we played like we did against Jax. My point is that I find it highly unlikely we will play that poorly against Indy.

DenBronx
10-14-2013, 10:11 PM
We had 3 turnovers.

It's stupid to extrapolate the Jags game to say we are in trouble against the Colts.

Who is doing that?

It was our offense that turned the ball over..so why is the defense getting blamed?

wayninja
10-14-2013, 10:18 PM
It was our offense that turned the ball over..so why is the defense getting blamed?

Some people just need to find stuff to be unhappy about.

BroncoWave
10-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Justin Blackmon just broke into Champ's house and caught a 25 yard pass against him!

TXBRONC
10-15-2013, 06:51 AM

Because Blackmon had 190 receiving on 14 receptions.

BroncoJoe
10-15-2013, 08:42 AM
It was 12 points, not 13 that our defense allowed. Jax is averaging just over 11.

jhns
10-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Justin Blackmon just broke into Champ's house and caught a 25 yard pass against him!

I keep seeing Champ get brought up. You guys do realize he played out of the slot on Harris most of the night, right? His longest catch was also against DRC. No wonder people have been hating on Champ for last seasons play, you guys don't even know whats going on...

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 08:52 AM
I keep seeing Champ get brought up. You guys do realize he played out of the slot on Harris most of the night, right? His longest catch was also against DRC. No wonder people have been hating on Champ for last seasons play, you guys don't even know whats going on...

It was a joke. I wasn't hating on Champ. Relax.

jhns
10-15-2013, 08:55 AM
It was a joke. I wasn't hating on Champ. Relax.

Making jokes about bad play for the wrong player is hating on that player. I'll never relax.

MOtorboat
10-15-2013, 09:08 AM

Sense of humor.

jhns
10-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Sense of humor.

Or maybe the jokes need to get better.

BroncoWave
10-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Or maybe the jokes need to get better.

Hey, I never claimed to be a comedian! I just play one on a message board. Just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't hating on Champ. He is one of my favorite players. (In case you forgot, my old username was BaileyTheBest)

GEM
10-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Alright guys...stop with the personal jabs at each other.

BigDaddyBronco
10-15-2013, 11:39 AM
The defense played pretty well, other than Blackmon owning everyone. The bottled up MJD for the most part and took out most of their other WR's. Held them to FG's. Our passing game was sporadic and PFM just was off for the game. The INT was a mistake on someone's part as it was right to the defender, the fumbles were bad, and many of his passes were off target. I really thought something was wrong with him when I was watching the game.

slim
10-15-2013, 11:41 AM
The defense played pretty well, other than Blackmon owning everyone. The bottled up MJD for the most part and took out most of their other WR's. Held them to FG's. Our passing game was sporadic and PFM just was off for the game. The INT was a mistake on someone's part as it was right to the defender, the fumbles were bad, and many of his passes were off target. I really thought something was wrong with him when I was watching the game.

I think he got hurt on one of the many early hits he took (not sure which one).

wayninja
10-15-2013, 11:47 AM

I agree, Manning has looked a little off since throwing that first pick last week. I'm not sure if he's hurting, or if the early pressure/hits got to him this game, but I sure hope he can shake it off.

And while Blackmon did get a lot of yards, I pull back from saying that he owned everyone since as the field shrunk, so did the ability to get the ball to him. The defense tightened up when it needed to. Yeah, I know, it's the Jags, but still no passing TD's (and a nicely defended pass for a 2pt conversion). Jerry Jones would call it a moral victory.