PDA

View Full Version : 5-0 doesn’t mean Von Miller hasn’t been missed

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2013, 04:14 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos will welcome back Von Miller with a 6-0 record if they take care of business against the winless Jacksonville Jaguars.

Just because they’ve handled their business doesn’t mean they haven’t sorely missed their suspended All-Pro linebacker.

Without Miller to command double teams and pester the passer like he did while racking up 30 sacks in his first two seasons, the Broncos find themselves ranked dead last in the league against the pass.

rest - http://gazette.com/5-0-doesnt-mean-von-miller-hasnt-been-missed/article/1507542

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2013, 04:16 PM
from article:

During his six-game drug suspension, he was banned from the practice field but not the weight room, and it’s obvious as he struts around shirtless in the locker room that he has a thicker torso and biceps.

“I’m like, ‘Von, you look like you almost might just play D-end,” teammate Chris Harris said.

To that end, he spent some time during his suspension working with a personal trainer, which Harris said was a message to his teammates about Miller’s determination to atone for his mistakes.

http://gazette.com/5-0-doesnt-mean-von-miller-hasnt-been-missed/article/1507542

slim
10-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Hopefully he didn't bulk up to the point of losing quickness and/or flexibilty.

Pudge
10-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Remember the article how the broncos rendered millers suspension meaningless, now one game and we can't live without him :lol:

wayninja
10-11-2013, 04:40 PM
That's what happens when guys take performance enhancing drugs like marijuana.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Remember the article how the broncos rendered millers suspension meaningless, now one game and we can't live without him :lol:\

Was that the Broncos, or a sports writer?

slim
10-11-2013, 04:56 PM
\

I think it was the Denver Post.

Northman
10-11-2013, 04:57 PM
\

Sports writer i believe. But, it was just basically asking if Von could be expendable because of how the defense was playing (at that time) and we were undefeated.

Ravage!!!
10-11-2013, 06:19 PM
One 500 passing game agsint our defense, and suddenly we need our pass rusher and corner back? Jeeesh

TXBRONC
10-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Remember the article how the broncos rendered millers suspension meaningless, now one game and we can't live without him :lol:

I don't think his suspension has ever been meaningless. Denver has won all their games to this point but there is no doubt in my mind that his absences has hurt the defense.

Canmore
10-11-2013, 08:02 PM
I don't think his suspension has ever been meaningless. Denver has won all their games to this point but there is no doubt in my mind that his absences has hurt the defense.

We are talking about one of the top three defensive players in the league. His suspension was not rendered moot by our success.

Pudge
10-11-2013, 08:13 PM

That wasn't what I was saying at all....

Basically I was pointing out how irrational people are based on a small sample size. Some people thought out defense was just as good without them and one game and our defense is in shambles without them. Obviously we are better with them but I think we are somewhere I between the two opinions without them