PDA

View Full Version : When will Shanny or the Special Teams coach learn?

Medford Bronco
11-25-2007, 11:46 PM
How can you get beat by Hester twice in one
game:confused::mad:

I can see once but to give him another opportunity is ridiculous

didnt we learn from Dante Hall just about taking the division
away from us in PLummers 1st year here?

I do not get it.

bad decisions that is for sure.

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 12:07 AM

I do not get it.

yup we are a very stubborn team and its starting to annoy me right now

shank
11-26-2007, 12:11 AM
i am totally confused as well.

i really want to know if it was shanny, scott o'brien, or sauerbrun that lost this game for us, because one of them made the decision to kick to hester. i don't see any way that todd would have gone against the coaches so i suspect that either mike or scott were too prideful to kick around hester.

the way shanny scolded todd on the sideline after the second td return makes me think that todd possibly could have done it on his own, or maybe just effed up the kickoff, but i'm really not sure what happened.

the lack of awareness on the blocked punt makes me think that the broncos don't even practice special teams, because it was painfully obvious to me the second that defender shifted that the kick was without a doubt going to be blocked if we didn't adjust the formation.

i'm sick about this loss because we outplayed them by far, but 3 huge special teams messups and a few bad calls from the refs made a game that we should have won by a huge margin a huge upset and severely hurt our playoff chances.:noidea:

broncosfanscott
11-26-2007, 12:15 AM
yup we are a very stubborn team and its starting to annoy me right now

Yeah, their stupid pride gets in the way.

Medford Bronco
11-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Yeah, their stupid pride gets in the way.

and that pride will most likely cost us the playoffs
:tsk:

if we end up 8-8 and SD 9-7 its going to aggravate me
royally..

special teams will kill you. its like groundhog day
for sure, this has happened before and is name
is Dante Hall.

Lonestar
11-26-2007, 01:00 AM
while the run backs hurt they did not cost us the game, In fact I;m not sure they helped at all. We were up 14 points even after the returns with 10:38 to go in the game and up till then Grossman sucked. Especially in the second half I think I saw a graphic that showed them with like 69 yards for the half.

while I thought it stupid to kick to/at/near him. That did not lose the game the defense did..

Medford Bronco
11-26-2007, 01:03 AM
while the run backs hurt they did not cost us the game, In fact I;m not sure they helped at all. We were up 14 points even after the returns with 10:38 to go in the game and up till then Grossman sucked. Especially in the second half I think I saw a graphic that showed them with like 69 yards for the half.

while I thought it stupid to kick to/at/near him. That did not lose the game the defense did..

But without those returns
the Bears do not even sniff this game.

I do hear you in a sense they made Rex look like a pro bowler
his last drive in regulation and in overtime.

they needed to make a play and did not get it done IMO

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 01:04 AM

momentum my friend . . . . that is all i have to say.

i watch all the bears games and they THRIVE off of momentum. one play and the whole team shapes up and is very tough. one return will kill you or a big play from grossman gets him going.

we managed grossman beautifully but 3 huge ST plays will lose you the game no matter what, almost 100% of the time

Stargazer
11-26-2007, 01:08 AM

They have hurt. Two TD's by Hester. Though, they were clearly not the determining factor in regards to the outcome of the game.

As bad as the ST were, including the block. I blame the defense for folding, once again. There was no big play or stop when it counted.

You can be bad on special teams. But, a damn good defense should never fold no matter what position they are put in.

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 01:10 AM
hard to tell, clearly you can not be as bad on ST as we were tonight because it cost us the game, they changed momentum big time with those 3 plays

i dont think i have seen a worse ST game in my life. 2 TDs great field position, and a blocked punt to top it off. it was abysmal

Lonestar
11-26-2007, 01:19 AM
But without those returns
the Bears do not even sniff this game.

I do hear you in a sense they made Rex look like a pro bowler
his last drive in regulation and in overtime.

they needed to make a play and did not get it done IMO

Med they did not have a sniff even with them as poor as their offense was most of their yardage came in the last 7:14 minutes of the game. It was a non factor until mikey got into prevent defensive mode. Started calling conservative plays. and IMO the players relaxed being up by 14 late in the 4th. then came the blitz

They had 293 yards in 29:47 minutes of play. they got 138 of those in 7:08 of the last period and OT.. That means 155 yards total the rest of the game.

Y'all have to stop being emotional and look at the facts.. Our defense held them to almost no passing yards until they started to make the run on our lead. Peterson had 13 yards on 4 carries in those last two regulation scores. Then 12 on 4 runs in OT..

Lonestar
11-26-2007, 01:20 AM
hard to tell, clearly you can not be as bad on ST as we were tonight because it cost us the game, they changed momentum big time with those 3 plays

i dont think i have seen a worse ST game in my life. 2 TDs great field position, and a blocked punt to top it off. it was abysmal

We had the momentum until the blocked punt that was what did it.. We were strong in the third quarter even after the two run back in fact built a 14 point lead after them.,

Stargazer
11-26-2007, 01:21 AM

I do not get it.

So?

The defense failed again..

Lonestar
11-26-2007, 01:21 AM
They have hurt. Two TD's by Hester. Though, they were clearly not the determining factor in regards to the outcome of the game.

As bad as the ST were, including the block. I blame the defense for folding, once again. There was no big play or stop when it counted.

You can be bad on special teams. But, a damn good defense should never fold no matter what position they are put in.

DING DING DING we have a winner here..

omac
11-26-2007, 04:07 AM
DING DING DING we have a winner here..

Nah (edited, removed "not even close" as they were a signifcant part); the defense played well in spurts during the game, even coming up with big plays quite a few times. Let's not forget, as late as their last drive, they were 4th and long, and Grossman missed with his pass, only for a penalty to give them 1st down; that was the game there.

But besides the 2 return TDs that not only added to the Bears' score, but used up very little time, the special teams messed up twice in the same punt; 1st, an illegal formation that nullified a deep enough starting field possition for a sputtering offense; then, the blocked punt that put them in immediately in our red zone. That's immeidate pressure on a defense, plus the drive didn't take much time off the clock either. There are several reasons for giving the game away to the Bears, but the 21 points resulting from special teams blunders were the worst bar none.

Medford Bronco
11-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Nah (edited, removed "not even close" as they were a signifcant part); the defense played well in spurts during the game, even coming up with big plays quite a few times. Let's not forget, as late as their last drive, they were 4th and long, and Grossman missed with his pass, only for a penalty to give them 1st down; that was the game there.

But besides the 2 return TDs that not only added to the Bears' score, but used up very little time, the special teams messed up twice in the same punt; 1st, an illegal formation that nullified a deep enough starting field possition for a sputtering offense; then, the blocked punt that put them in immediately in our red zone. That's immeidate pressure on a defense, plus the drive didn't take much time off the clock either. There are several reasons for giving the game away to the Bears, but the 21 points resulting from special teams blunders were the worst bar none.

I could not agree more. That is unacceptable for an NFL team to do that.

maybe we will learn and not get Dante Halled any more :tsk:

Nomad
11-26-2007, 11:02 AM
I think it was Sauerbraun and the ST's coach own arrogance. It showed Shanahan giving both of them a good tongue lashing after the second return for a TD!

Skinny
11-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I think it was Sauerbraun and the ST's coach own arrogance. It showed Shanahan giving both of them a good tongue lashing after the second return for a TD!Yep ... seeing Mikey giving Todd an ear full after the 2nd Hester TD told me all i needed to know ...

Lonestar
11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I think it was Sauerbraun and the ST's coach own arrogance. It showed Shanahan giving both of them a good tongue lashing after the second return for a TD!

And it took until the second time for mr control freak to talk to them?

Sorry but it was in the game plan or it would not have happened the first time.. They got cocky about how good the coverage had been the past couple of games..

After the Hester blow up (fumble) on the first one and the second one that Hester got creamed almost immediately.There is no doubt in my mind that they relaxed on the coverages and got burnt because Hester is something special just like Hall was a few years ago.

Remember folks nothing happens on this team unless mikey says it does..

Someone makes a mistake sure thing but those were designed plays, IMO Todd was not winging it..

OB
11-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Man + Pride = Our loss :tsk::tsk:

Not one person on our team thought Hester would do it back to back - hell even i though while the ball was in the air - no way he does this again - and when he did - I wanted to shoot sauerkraut, shanny and OBrien

I know you do what the coaches tell ya but come on - why not just kick it out of bounds - Id rather them start from the 40 or w/e it is than giving them 14 points on a silver platter

All that aside - our D giving up 17 points in the last 8 minutes was pathetic

Although I was pretty pleased with our offense last night - it was def. a shining point in the game - I like hearing Cutler to Marshall or Cutler to Scheffler - keep it coming :elefant:

broncosfanscott
11-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Man + Pride = Our loss :tsk::tsk:

Not one person on our team thought Hester would do it back to back - hell even i though while the ball was in the air - no way he does this again - and when he did - I wanted to shoot sauerkraut, shanny and OBrien

I know you do what the coaches tell ya but come on - why not just kick it out of bounds - Id rather them start from the 40 or w/e it is than giving them 14 points on a silver platter

All that aside - our D giving up 17 points in the last 8 minutes was pathetic

Although I was pretty pleased with our offense last night - it was def. a shining point in the game - I like hearing Cutler to Marshall or Cutler to Scheffler - keep it coming :elefant:

Very well said OB. The offense has put 34 points two game in a row so they are finally playing better. Now it is time for the defense to do the same.

It would have been nice to see some more deep plays though.