PDA

View Full Version : Expert: Miller's return needs an apology

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2013, 05:29 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Even as Von Miller’s Broncos teammates go about their business of preparing for the Jacksonville Jaguars this week, Miller closes in on his return from a six-game suspension for a violation of the league’s substance abuse policy.

Miller, who per the league policy has attended meetings with the Denver Broncos and used the team’s strength and conditioning facilities over the last six weeks, but has neither practiced with the team or played in games, will be eligible to return to practice Monday and can play in his first game a week from Sunday in Indianapolis.

His teammates say Miller’s working hard in the weight room -- Wesley Woodyard said “he looks great’’ -- and Broncos coach John Fox has said Miller has been given the opportunity to get the help he needs as he prepares for his return. But one of the nation’s leading experts on high-profile athletes in the public domain says, at least from his view, one major item has been missing from Miller over the last six weeks.

An apology.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/1434/expert-millers-return-needs-an-apology

Slick
10-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Maybe to his team mates, but he doesnt need to make a public apology. That is stupid.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
I was content with his answer before he was told to shut up. He essentially said he needed to make better decisions.

BroncoWave
10-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe to his team mates, but he doesnt need to make a public apology. That is stupid.

Yeah, the only thing we as fans need from him is to come back and dominate on Sundays. Couldn't care less about some "apology" that would probably be written by his lawyer anyway.

ShaneFalco
10-10-2013, 05:52 PM
“The athletes who don’t apologize, who try to dodge these type of things, the endorsements dry up, and the public forms an opinion about them,’’ said Bob Williams, CEO of Burns Entertainment and Sports Marketing in suburban Chicago.

hahaha what a joke.

Skinny
10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm sure Von is kicking himself in the butt for the poor decision making he's made in the past and no one feels worse about it than Von does. But that's the past now. Water under the bridge. Now it's on to the future. Time to turn over a new leaf. And i'm sure, or at least i would hope, it was a huge wake up call for him and that he needed to get his priorities straight and do the right things and what he needs to do continue playing the game he loves to play so much and start leading by example, on and off the field.

He seems like such a great guy from i can gather so personally I don't need an apology. We all make mistakes, lord knows i've made mine and learned from them. I would think that he's already apologized to the staff and his teammates and he certainly doesn't owe me or the media one as far as i'm concerned so i don't see what the purpose of this article is. Seems all kind of high and mighty by someone who considers them self an 'expert'.

Nomad
10-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm sure Von is kicking himself in the butt for the poor decision making he's made in the past and no one feels worse about it than Von does. But that's the past now. Water under the bridge. Now it's on to the future. Time to turn over a new leaf. And i'm sure, or at least i would hope, it was a huge wake up call for him and that he needed to get his priorities straight and do the right things and what he needs to do continue playing the game he loves to play so much and start leading by example, on and off the field.

He seems like such a great guy from i can gather so personally I don't need an apology. We all make mistakes, lord knows i've made mine and learned from them. I would think that he's already apologized to the staff and his teammates and he certainly doesn't owe me or the media one as far as i'm concerned so i don't see what the purpose of this article is. Seems all kind of high and mighty by someone who considers them self an 'expert'.

He needs to leave the leafs alone.:lol:

SR
10-10-2013, 06:04 PM
The only thing I think most fans want is for him to play his ass off and perform like we know he should. That's apology enough if you ask me.

Broncolingus
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
The only thing I think most fans want is for him to play his ass off and perform like we know he should. That's apology enough if you ask me.

Agreed...

I think he's already said enough on this and it's time to move on...

I guess Jeff needed to fill some white space for ESPN...

Dzone
10-10-2013, 06:39 PM
I dont care if he apologizes. Just promise to stop hanging around with DJ Williams

BroncoWave
10-10-2013, 06:39 PM
I dont care if he apologizes. Just promise to stop hanging around with DJ Williams

And Aldon Smith.

Buff
10-10-2013, 06:43 PM
If I were his lawyer I'd tell him to keep his mouth shut and his piss clean.

claymore
10-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Im betting he says something postgame against the Colts. Not that I need it. I think he is a classy guy though. It would have been rex-tarded to apologize after every minor traffic warrant that came to light 18 months after the fact.

Buff
10-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Im betting he says something postgame against the Colts. Not that I need it. I think he is a classy guy though. It would have been rex-tarded to apologize after every minor traffic warrant that came to light 18 months after the fact.

I thought it was really classy how he cheated his drug test, lied about it, and then tried to act like an innocent victim.

claymore
10-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I thought it was really classy how he cheated his drug test, lied about it, and then tried to act like an innocent victim.

We've all thrown our stones. We've all had second chances. He's no different.

ShaneFalco
10-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Seriously give it a rest. This is denver.

MOtorboat
10-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Seriously give it a rest. This is denver.

Give what a rest? Von cheating a drug test? Dude, that happened.

topscribe
10-10-2013, 08:54 PM
I know what you mean. I went to ER with a kidney stone, and they didn't
do anything about it. So I slammed a 12-pack of beer. Either that caused
me to pass it, or I didn't care anymore . . .

ShaneFalco
10-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Give what a rest? Von cheating a drug test? Dude, that happened.

the whole apology bs. No one cares what some guy in Chicago thinks.

Dzone
10-10-2013, 09:02 PM
He shouldnt apologize since pot is legal here ....:laugh:

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Public apologies annoy me.

tomjonesrocks
10-10-2013, 09:30 PM
He's been incredibly fortunate that his absence hasn't really hurt the team. He'd have been helpful in Dallas, but the standings are the standings. 5-0.

Under the circumstances I'm willing to forgive and forget so long as he never gets hit again and doesn't pull a hammy or other injury that nags all year due to lack of conditioning.

cmc0605
10-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Life as a fan is a lot easier when you free yourself from the illusion that you can form a team with over 50 guys that are all choir boys, think through all their actions in a logical and non-selfish way, are class-act characters, and do everything for the team first.

I want Miller on the field unless he kills, or beats/rapes someone.

Dzone
10-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Life as a fan is a lot easier when you free yourself from the illusion that you can form a team with over 50 guys that are all choir guys, think through all their actions in a logic and non-selfish way, are class-act characters, and do everything for the team first.

I want Miller on the field unless he kills, or beats/rapes someone.
Well said

Buff
10-11-2013, 11:27 AM

Of course we have. But that doesn't mean we need to be Von apologists. I think he's a good guy who is young and immature and acting accordingly. I'm all about second chances - but there's nothing classy about how he's conducted himself over the last year.

slim
10-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Actions speak louder than words. I guess I don't need any empty words, just stop being a knucklehead.

TXBRONC
10-11-2013, 11:45 AM
What's the purpose of making another apology. IIRC there have plenty comments that have stated he should just shut up. If he makes another public apology I have little doubt it will get criticized. He needs to be reconciled with his teammates and the organization but I don't think he owes me apology.

slim
10-11-2013, 11:57 AM

Rex-tarded :lol:

OrangeHoof
10-11-2013, 11:58 AM
The best way he can apologize to me is to turn Tom Brady into a pretzel about seven times.

Nomad
10-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Rex-tarded :lol:

Explain?

slim
10-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Explain?

He is calling Rex retarded.