PDA

View Full Version : CJ

ShaneFalco
10-09-2013, 11:26 PM
I heard CJ was taken off Inactive list and is listed as probable for game. Anybody can confirm this?

Davii
10-09-2013, 11:30 PM
I heard CJ was taken off Inactive list and is listed as probable for game. Anybody can confirm this?

Nothing along those lines will come out until Friday. The inactive list is published on gameday, nobody is inactive throughout the week.

ShaneFalco
10-09-2013, 11:34 PM
thx! would be awesome to have him to play against the Jags with moreno!

Maybe im thinking about the temporary IR list or something.

Dapper Dan
10-09-2013, 11:39 PM
The talent level on the field will be about the same level as the 3rd and 4th stringers he went against in preseason. :lol:

Army Bronco
10-09-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for M Ball.

Dapper Dan
10-09-2013, 11:55 PM

I think Ball will be okay.

Army Bronco
10-10-2013, 12:03 AM

I think Ball will be okay.No he won't!!!! He is going to go into a deep depression, eat a ton of rocky road ice cream while watching Glee reruns and playing rock paper scissors until he passes out!!!! you just don't understand man!

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 12:11 AM
No he won't!!!! He is going to go into a deep depression, eat a ton of rocky road ice cream while watching Glee reruns and playing rock paper scissors until he passes out!!!!

Shit. I didn't know about all this.

Army Bronco
10-10-2013, 12:17 AM
No he won't!!!! He is going to go into a deep depression, eat a ton of rocky road ice cream while watching Glee reruns and playing rock paper scissors until he passes out!!!!

Shit. I didn't know about all this.Then he will get arrested for holding up a Cold Stone creamery. The waffle cones man, the waffle cones.

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Then he will get arrested for holding up a Cold Stone creamery. The waffle cones man, the waffle cones.

I blame...
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9910/p8bd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/p8bd.jpg/)

Joel
10-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Back's taken as early as the second round should immediately start and produce: Guy's a bust. Not as bad as that loser we blew a #12 overall pick on a few years ago, but still, we should cut our losses now. ;)

DenBronx
10-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Back's taken as early as the second round should immediately start and produce: Guy's a bust. Not as bad as that loser we blew a #12 overall pick on a few years ago, but still, we should cut our losses now. ;)

Cant tell if joking or not

TXBRONC
10-10-2013, 06:28 AM
No he won't!!!! He is going to go into a deep depression, eat a ton of rocky road ice cream while watching Glee reruns and playing rock paper scissors until he passes out!!!! you just don't understand man!

Joel says hi. :wave:

MOtorboat
10-10-2013, 07:16 AM
Ah...the great Fourth String Hope.

MasterShake
10-10-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm happy with Moreno and Hillman right now. I liked how CJ looked against backups, but I don't know if I want to see him in a game just yet.

BroncoWave
10-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm happy with Moreno and Hillman right now. I liked how CJ looked against backups, but I don't know if I want to see him in a game just yet.

There is really no reason to play him. Our running game is doing just fine. The coaches see him in practice every day, so there is probably a reason he hasn't been active yet.

Nomad
10-10-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm drawing a blank, who's CJ?

MOtorboat
10-10-2013, 08:15 AM
There is really no reason to play him. Our running game is doing just fine. The coaches see him in practice every day, so there is probably a reason he hasn't been active yet.

He's been hurt.

TXBRONC
10-10-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm drawing a blank, who's CJ?

C.J. Anderson he's a 5'8" running back out of California. He had a very good game against the 49ers in the preseason.

Nomad
10-10-2013, 08:20 AM
C.J. Anderson he's a 5'8" running back out of California. He had a very good game against the 49ers in the preseason.

Thanks. I don't remember him, but I hope he contributes.

claymore
10-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Id like to see Anderson. If I dont see him, I wouldnt mind seeing a break out game for Hillman, or Ball. They need a confidence boost or something.

olathebroncofan
10-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Rumors floating around day that ball had been seen with Tanya Harding. Someone had better watch their knees.

BroncoWave
10-10-2013, 08:50 AM
He's been hurt.

I thought I had read he was healthy enough to play the last couple of weeks but was a healthy scratch.

slim
10-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Id like to see Anderson. If I dont see him, I wouldnt mind seeing a break out game for Hillman, or Ball. They need a confidence boost or something.

I was thinking the same thing.

We need to let Ball play most of the second half. Get him some game experience and hopefully some confidence. I thought he was making progress until that fumble against Philly and we are gonna need him before the season is over.

ShaneFalco
10-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Ya CJ runs alot harder then most of our RBs. only person thats better is Moreno, and he cannot take the load the entire season.

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Ya CJ runs alot harder then most of our RBs. only person thats better is Moreno, and he cannot take the load the entire season.

You really think CJ is better than Hillman and Ball?

ShaneFalco
10-10-2013, 08:22 PM
It depends, as an every down back, most likely. It really depends on if CJ can pass block well enough.
Hillman is a really good change of pace/ recieving back.

im not really sold on Ball, so far.

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 08:32 PM
It depends, as an every down back, most likely. It really depends on if CJ can pass block well enough.
Hillman is a really good change of pace/ recieving back.

im not really sold on Ball, so far.

And I can't really be sold on CJ until he goes against real defenses. Our backs will be fine. It's a young group. And if CJ can contribute, that's a good problem to have.

ShaneFalco
10-10-2013, 08:41 PM
And I can't really be sold on CJ until he goes against real defenses. Our backs will be fine. It's a young group. And if CJ can contribute, that's a good problem to have.

ya definitely, preseason is preseason.

Is why i was excited to see him get a go against the Jags.

Dzone
10-10-2013, 09:10 PM
time to start calling Montay Ball a bust lol

tomjonesrocks
10-10-2013, 10:20 PM
I have wanted to have patience but Ball has been a huge disappointment. Lacy was clearly the better pick. Ball isn't even a reliable goal line back for this team. He was picked to produce -immediately- and so far he's useless.

Moreno has been great, but how long will he last? He's due to be done for the year any moment. If Denver wanted to give CJ a few carries I can see why.

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Can't tell if people are serious about Ball.

Dzone
10-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Lacy has had a much bigger impact in Green Bay...If he has a bigger season than Ball, then people will naturally talk about Ball being picked before Lacy. It is still too early and Ball could end up breaking out, crazier things can happen..Im pulling for the kid and he has a great attitude

Dzone
10-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Can't tell if people are serious about Ball.
He's terrible:laugh:

tomjonesrocks
10-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Lacy has had a much bigger impact in Green Bay...If he has a bigger season than Ball, then people will naturally talk about Ball being picked before Lacy. It is still too early and Ball could end up breaking out, crazier things can happen..Im pulling for the kid and he has a great attitude I guess to me the verdict is already in on Ball vs Lacy.

Denver doesn't need a guy that produces in 2-3 years. It's this year or bust. If Ball can't get in the rotation this year that wasn't the right pick. I suppose it's fine if Moreno keeps rolling but if history repeats itself he's just about done. Ball needs to do a whole lot more.

MOtorboat
10-10-2013, 10:28 PM
I guess to me the verdict is already in. Denver doesn't need a guy that produces in 2-3 years. It's this year or bust. If Ball can't get in the rotation this year that wasn't the right pick. I suppose it's fine if Moreno keeps rolling but if history repeats itself he's just about done.

Ball needs to do a whole lot more.

Five games in?

Ridiculous.

tomjonesrocks
10-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Five games in? Ridiculous.

Maybe it seems that way if you watch a lot of college and have seen Ball do some great things.

In the NFL, Lacy has flashed and Ball has shown nothing. Not in preseason and not in 5 games.

It's not ideal on a very short timeline.

MOtorboat
10-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Maybe it seems that way if you watch a lot of college and have seen Ball do some great things.

In the NFL, Lacy has flashed and Ball has shown nothing. Not in preseason and not in 5 games.

What exactly has Lacy shown? His longest run is 13 yards.

Lacy has shown nothing more than Ball. Your pessimism is showing.

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 10:39 PM
40 Rushes. 124 Yards. 5 First Downs. 2 Fumbles. 0 Tds. 2 Receptions. 27 Yards. 2 First Downs
38 Rushes. 150 Yards. 5 First Downs. 1 Fumbles. 1 Td. 2 Receptions. 29 Yards. 1 First Down

MOtorboat
10-10-2013, 10:40 PM
40 Rushes. 124 Yards. 5 First Downs. 2 Fumbles. 2 Receptions. 27 Yards. 2 First Downs
38 Rushes. 150 Yards. 5 First Downs. 1 Fumbles. 2 Receptions. 29 Yards. 1 First Down

But one has "flashed" and the other is a "bust."

I think that's a pretty stupid conclusion.

Dzone
10-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Lacy has been shown on more highlight films making runs and scoring. That has to count for something?:laugh:Plus, he has been the Packs #1 ahead of starkes

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Lacy has been shown on more highlight films making runs and scoring. That has to count for something?:laugh:Plus, he has been the Packs #1 ahead of starkes

So you're saying his stats wouldn't even be what they are if he was the 3rd RB on our roster? :)

Dzone
10-10-2013, 10:47 PM
40 Rushes. 124 Yards. 5 First Downs. 2 Fumbles. 0 Tds. 2 Receptions. 27 Yards. 2 First Downs
38 Rushes. 150 Yards. 5 First Downs. 1 Fumbles. 1 Td. 2 Receptions. 29 Yards. 1 First Down
Thats surprising...Didnt know Ball had so many carries

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Remember the how everyone wanted to kill Hillman? Lol. Now he has zero turnovers and produced 16 first downs this season.

Dzone
10-10-2013, 10:48 PM
So you're saying his stats wouldn't even be what they are if he was the 3rd RB on our roster? :)
Probably so. I think If Ball is called upon to be the #1 guy, he is going to start kicking ass

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Probably so. I think If Ball is called upon to be the #1 guy, he is going to start kicking ass

Meh. Maybe. I'm just glad he doesn't really have to right now. Knowshon and Hillman are doing pretty well. We'll see what happens if Knowshon goes down in the playoffs.

Army Bronco
10-10-2013, 11:43 PM

Meh. Maybe. I'm just glad he doesn't really have to right now. Knowshon and Hillman are doing pretty well. We'll see what happens if Knowshon goes down in the playoffs. I hope ball solves his fumbling issues, then he can get some damn carries. But like you said, Knowshon is playing well and I hope he stays healthy. He plays like he wants to punch someone in the mouth and I love it.

Dapper Dan
10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I hope ball solves his fumbling issues, then he can get some damn carries. But like you said, Knowshon is playing well and I hope he stays healthy. He plays like he wants to punch someone in the mouth and I love it.

he sucks doe -lashawn mcoy

Army Bronco
10-11-2013, 12:00 AM
I hope ball solves his fumbling issues, then he can get some damn carries. But like you said, Knowshon is playing well and I hope he stays healthy. He plays like he wants to punch someone in the mouth and I love it.

he sucks doe -lashawn mcoylol 52-20

TXBRONC
10-11-2013, 05:37 AM

How has Lacy flashed anything when his stats are nearly identical to that of Ball?

BroncoWave
10-11-2013, 08:31 AM
I have wanted to have patience but Ball has been a huge disappointment. Lacy was clearly the better pick. Ball isn't even a reliable goal line back for this team. He was picked to produce -immediately- and so far he's useless.

Moreno has been great, but how long will he last? He's due to be done for the year any moment. If Denver wanted to give CJ a few carries I can see why.

No. He's only had one season in his career in which he's missed more than three games due to injury. He played all 16 games as a rookie and played in 13 the next year. You people act like he's only good for 7 or 8 games a year. That really couldn't be further from the truth.

CoachChaz
10-11-2013, 09:42 AM
I'm torn. I've liked Moreno from day 1 and was always an advocate of getting CJ late in the draft. If we didnt have so much invested in Ball and Hillman, I think we'd eventually be happy with a Moreno/Anderson rotation.

Mike
10-11-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm torn. I've liked Moreno from day 1 and was always an advocate of getting CJ late in the draft. If we didnt have so much invested in Ball and Hillman, I think we'd eventually be happy with a Moreno/Anderson rotation.

If Moreno and CJ produce then I could care less what is invested in the other two. Same with Ball and Moreno...or whatever combo. Just give me productive backs.

Broncolingus
10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Interested in looking at what CJ can do...

...no thought other than put whoever out there who gives us the best chance to win.

G_Money
10-11-2013, 01:30 PM

In the Moreno draft, my guys were Shady and Greene, but that's because I didn't want a first round RB. That said, I believe I gushed over Moreno in college, calling him Thurman Thomas lite or some such on draft day. If he's finally figuring out how to do that, how to bring his best to every play and make something out out nothing, to throw wrecking ball blocks and lay it all on the line, then that's great.

Ball doesn't move me, but he should be a good steady back. CJ actually does move me in that he has more flashes than some others. Hillman needs to be used as a poor man's Spiller. But honestly, I don't care WHICH backs come out as the ones that help us win as long as at least one of em does.

~G

Joel
10-11-2013, 04:01 PM
No. He's only had one season in his career in which he's missed more than three games due to injury. He played all 16 games as a rookie and played in 13 the next year. You people act like he's only good for 7 or 8 games a year. That really couldn't be further from the truth.
I said all along much of Morenos injury issues (and McGahees) were due to having to break a tackle or two just to reach the line, because our blocking was so bad. The blocking's a LOT better now, and it's amazing the difference that's made in Moreno. He's no longer jumping around trying to avoid tackles before he even gets the handoff; he can take it, make one cut and go, like he's supposed to. When he's "making the first guy miss" or trying to move the pile, it's usually beyond the line of scrimmage, so success translates into a big gain instead of turning a 3 yard loss into a 2 yard gain.

All of which leaves me hoping Hillman and Balls numbers are due to youth, because they're unimpressive, and it's no longer possible to blame the blocking: They just aren't getting it done. As long as that's true, sure, sub Anderson for Knowshon when the latter's fatigued; it's not like it costs us much by comparison to Hillman or Ball, so there's nothing but upside. It may just come down to who's the best pass blocker when Moreno's sucking wind after banging his way for a few 5 yards gain followed by a sprint for 20.

SR
10-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Why are you so convinced Anderson would be any more effective than Hillman or Ball? Because he looked good in a couple preseason games against the backup's backups? Rock solid logic.

Dapper Dan
10-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Why are you so convinced Anderson would be any more effective than Hillman or Ball? Because he looked good in a couple preseason games against the backup's backups? Rock solid logic.

I blame hipsters.

ShaneFalco
10-11-2013, 11:10 PM

No, its the way he runs like he doesnt care who is in front of him.

Dapper Dan
10-11-2013, 11:19 PM

So he runs into offensive linemen and falls down?

Or he's like Forest Gump? He just keeps runnin..

ShaneFalco
10-11-2013, 11:24 PM
So he runs into offensive linemen and falls down?

Or he's like Forest Gump? He just keeps runnin..
Forest Gump!

Nick
10-12-2013, 12:17 AM
This would be a great game to get CJ involved.

SR
10-12-2013, 09:30 AM

In two preseason games. Against third and fourth and tenth stringers.

I like what I saw from him as well, but I think its laughable people like you and Joel think he will be any more effective than Hillman or Ball...and with the way KnowMo is playing it's not like he's gonna lose carries to any of those guys.

BroncoWave
10-12-2013, 07:40 PM
In two preseason games. Against third and fourth and tenth stringers.

I like what I saw from him as well, but I think its laughable people like you and Joel think he will be any more effective than Hillman or Ball...and with the way KnowMo is playing it's not like he's gonna lose carries to any of those guys.

Fans love to hype up preseason studs, especially at the RB and WR positions. I feel confident that if Fox likes what he sees from CJ in practice, he will get his shot. Until then, I'm not really worried about it.

Joel
10-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Since I expressed no certainty Anderson would be better, I didn't realize that was directed at me until mentioned by name. To reiterate:

[Hillman and Ball] just aren't getting it done. As long as that's true, sure, sub Anderson for Knowshon when the latter's fatigued; it's not like it costs us much by comparison to Hillman or Ball, so there's nothing but upside. It may just come down to who's the best pass blocker when Moreno's sucking wind after banging his way for a few 5 yards gain followed by a sprint for 20.
Nothing in that says Anderson will definitely be better than Hillman or Ball: It just says he probably can't be much worse, "so there's nothing but upside." And concludes by saying it might be best to just sub the best pass blocker (whoever it is) because protecting PFM is vital and none of the backs not named "Moreno" have done much on the ground so far. Hillmans 2013 average (4.3) is right at the NFL average; Balls (3.1) is MUCH lower—and he's already fumbled TWICE in just 20 carries. One of which an opponent recovered in its end zone (oops.)

Is it certain Anderson would do better? Of course not. Is it likely he'd do much worse? Not really. Let's find out; if we only played guys near the top of the depth chart Terrell Davis would've never started.

SR
10-12-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm not reading all that shit

TXBRONC
10-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Since I expressed no certainty Anderson would be better, I didn't realize that was directed at me until mentioned by name. To reiterate:

Nothing in that says Anderson will definitely be better than Hillman or Ball: It just says he probably can't be much worse, "so there's nothing but upside." And concludes by saying it might be best to just sub the best pass blocker (whoever it is) because protecting PFM is vital and none of the backs not named "Moreno" have done much on the ground so far. Hillmans 2013 average (4.3) is right at the NFL average; Balls (3.1) is MUCH lower—and he's already fumbled TWICE in just 20 carries. One of which an opponent recovered in its end zone (oops.)

Is it certain Anderson would do better? Of course not. Is it likely he'd do much worse? Not really. Let's find out; if we only played guys near the top of the depth chart Terrell Davis would've never started.

Ball has struggled but are you sure watching the games because Hillman isn't struggling.

SR
10-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Ball has struggled but are you sure watching the games because Hillman isn't struggling.

Another thing to consider with running backs is rhythm. It's hard for a back to get in to a groove when they go 10-12 snaps between carries.

TXBRONC
10-12-2013, 08:26 PM
Another thing to consider with running backs is rhythm. It's hard for a back to get in to a groove when they go 10-12 snaps between carries.

That's been especially true of Ball but it's not an accurate description of Hillman.

SR
10-12-2013, 08:28 PM
That's been especially true of Ball but it's not an accurate description of Hillman.

I'm talking about the vast majority of backs.

TXBRONC
10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm talking about the vast majority of backs.

I understood that.

SR
10-12-2013, 08:35 PM
I understood that.oh ok.

Joel
10-12-2013, 09:26 PM
As a receiver, no; as a back, he has some good runs and some bad ones, and is averaging 4.3 like the rest of the league. I missed the Raiders game because it ended about the time I got to work, but saw all the rest. Why does every disagreement mean I'm an idiot who doesn't watch the games? When did this become "Joel Forums"?

Joel
10-12-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm not reading all that shit
That does seem to be the problem, yes. ;)

SR
10-12-2013, 09:31 PM
That does seem to be the problem, yes. ;)

If it was worth the read, I would read it. If MO type it, for example, I would read it. Your posts are just so long-winded and go in circles forever.

TXBRONC
10-12-2013, 09:42 PM
As a receiver, no; as a back, he has some good runs and some bad ones, and is averaging 4.3 like the rest of the league. I missed the Raiders game because it ended about the time I got to work, but saw all the rest. Why does every disagreement mean I'm an idiot who doesn't watch the games? When did this become "Joel Forums"?

Who said you were an idiot? You're arguments are incongruent. Don't flatter yourself it's not Joel Forums it's Joel says things that don't match up with reality.

Joel
10-12-2013, 10:40 PM
If it was worth the read, I would read it. If MO type it, for example, I would read it. Your posts are just so long-winded and go in circles forever.
You: I don't understand.

Me: I'll clarify.

You: I'm not reading that.

Occasionaly I can sum things up briefly.

Joel
10-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Who said you were an idiot? You're arguments are incongruent. Don't flatter yourself it's not Joel Forums it's Joel says things that don't match up with reality.
Was asking if I watched the games a question in good faith? That is, were you genuinely uncertain whether I watch the games, and sincerely asking, or snidely implying idiocy? How 'bout "that statement doesn't match up with reality" instead of "Joels statements don't match up with reality"? With, perhaps, a counterstatement identifying the irrationality in question?

Seriously, man, all I said is that subbing Anderson for Hillman and/or Ball has nothing but upside because they aren't doing much, so it wouldn't cost us anything. Even cited stats corroborating that. Somehow that turned into a combination of "why are you so certain Anderson will be good, and haven't you seen Hillman isn't awful?" Maybe all my posts wouldn't seem so irrational if people responded to what I actually say instead of what they assume I say without bothering to verify that by reading it. Or, y'know, to me personally. Yeah, if we could debate my statements rather than me, that would be swell.

TXBRONC
10-13-2013, 02:39 AM
Was asking if I watched the games a question in good faith? That is, were you genuinely uncertain whether I watch the games, and sincerely asking, or snidely implying idiocy? How 'bout "that statement doesn't match up with reality" instead of "Joels statements don't match up with reality"? With, perhaps, a counterstatement identifying the irrationality in question?

Seriously, man, all I said is that subbing Anderson for Hillman and/or Ball has nothing but upside because they aren't doing much, so it wouldn't cost us anything. Even cited stats corroborating that. Somehow that turned into a combination of "why are you so certain Anderson will be good, and haven't you seen Hillman isn't awful?" Maybe all my posts wouldn't seem so irrational if people responded to what I actually say instead of what they assume I say without bothering to verify that by reading it. Or, y'know, to me personally. Yeah, if we could debate my statements rather than me, that would be swell.

Yep I sincerely mean I wonder if you actually watch the games because what you're saying doesn't match what's been happening for the last five weeks.

You cited one stat as though Hillman averaging 4.3 ypc is a bad thing. You don't have a clue as whether or not C.J. Anderson could meet the League average or not.

No Joel your not being picked apart your statements are being picked apart.

CoachChaz
10-13-2013, 09:46 AM
I've been on record with my love for CJ since March. I'll stick with it.

SR
10-13-2013, 10:02 AM
You: I don't understand. Me: I'll clarify. You: I'm not reading that. Occasionaly I can sum things up briefly.

I understand the words you're saying. I speak English. I don't understand your line of thinking or how you manage to totally overanalyze everything and get hung up on the wrong thing constantly.

Joel
10-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Yep I sincerely mean I wonder if you actually watch the games because what you're saying doesn't match what's been happening for the last five weeks.
Okay then: Sorry I mistakenly took it personally.

You cited one stat as though Hillman averaging 4.3 ypc is a bad thing. You don't have a clue as whether or not C.J. Anderson could meet the League average or not.

No Joel your not being picked apart your statements are being picked apart.
His 4.3 average isn't a bad thing; it's not a particularly good thing either: It's average. Another random back is as likely to be better as worse, and there's little to lose trying. Given the youth of everyone but Moreno, the importance of our QB and the youth of HIS backups, we might be better served to just use the best pass blocker; that may be more important than a second 1000 yard rusher.

None of that says Anderson's a sure star or Hillman should be bagging groceries. Anderson's largely an unknown till we see him against NFL first teamers, but worth a shot since we don't lose much without Hillmans production. Basically, ~100 receiving and 130 rushing yds this season, or <50 total yds/game. Would Anderson be better? Maybe, maybe not, but if not, what have we lost trying? About 48 yds of offense/game.

SR
10-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Why do you expect so much from a change of pace back? Hillman's numbers are right on par with his playing time. It's not like he's seeing 20 touches per game like Moreno.

Joel
10-13-2013, 12:06 PM
I understand the words you're saying. I speak English. I don't understand your line of thinking or how you manage to totally overanalyze everything and get hung up on the wrong thing constantly.
"The wrong thing" by what metric? I concede overanalyzing a lot; I like thinking, and understanding, and dislike being bitten in the butt by things that seemed trivial but turned out to be obscure yet VERY important. It's usually hard for anyone not lined up across from a guard to see what he does at the line, but that doesn't make it unimportant—just really hard to spot. Fortunately we KNOW that's important, so we know to look; in many other cases it's Rummys "we don't know what we don't know."

SR
10-13-2013, 12:13 PM
"The wrong thing" by what metric? I concede overanalyzing a lot; I like thinking, and understanding, and dislike being bitten in the butt by things that seemed trivial but turned out to be obscure yet VERY important. It's usually hard for anyone not lined up across from a guard to see what he does at the line, but that doesn't make it unimportant—just really hard to spot. Fortunately we KNOW that's important, so we know to look; in many other cases it's Rummys "we don't know what we don't know."

The wrong thing = everything you've said about Von and linebacker positions in the Trevethan thread.

Joel
10-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Why do you expect so much from a change of pace back? Hillman's numbers are right on par with his playing time. It's not like he's seeing 20 touches per game like Moreno.
It's not that I expect a lot from change of pace backs, it's a question of depth: What if Moreno gets hurt? Can Hillman carry the load till he's back? Last time we asked that question the Ravens soundly answered, "NO!" Moreno's contract is up at the end of the year: If he's not our starter next year, who is? I know we can't have a Pro Bowler backing up a Pro Bowler at every position, but until we find a legit successor/backup for Moreno I'll be nervous, especially every time I hear a commentator or analyst remark on uncertainty about Hillman and Balls pass blocking.

The only way we find that Plan B/Future Plan A is to plug in lots of different guys to relieve Moreno when he's tired. Or, y'know, wait till he's hurt or signs elsewhere, then scramble to find a replacement on the fly. ;)

The wrong thing = everything you've said about Von and linebacker positions in the Trevethan thread.
*glances up to title* Nope, still a thread about RBs. I made one offhand remark after someone said our three best LBs are two Wills and a Sam; I didn't expect to debate it for four pages. But I should've.... :rolleyes:

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, I'm wrong about that though: That doesn't automatically make me wrong about EVERYTHING. Just because we disagree about whether Miller could or should be star Mike doesn't obligate anyone to say it's midnight just because I say it's noon.

MOtorboat
10-13-2013, 12:18 PM
It's not that I expect a lot from change of pace backs, it's a question of depth: What if Moreno gets hurt? Can Hillman carry the load till he's back? Last time we asked that question the Ravens soundly answered, "NO!" Moreno's contract is up at the end of the year: If he's not our starter next year, who is? I know we can't have a Pro Bowler backing up a Pro Bowler at every position, but until we find a legit successor/backup for Moreno I'll be nervous, especially every time I hear a commentator or analyst remark on uncertainty about Hillman and Balls pass blocking.

The only way we find that Plan B/Future Plan A is to plug in lots of different guys to relieve Moreno when he's tired. Or, y'know, wait till he's hurt or signs elsewhere, then scramble to find a replacement on the fly. ;)

*glances up to title* Nope, still a thread about RBs. I made one offhand remark after someone said our three best LBs are two Wills and a Sam; I didn't expect to debate it for four pages. But I should've.... :rolleyes:

You don't experiment in regular season games. Meaning, you don't just throw Anderson into the game because Moreno MIGHT get hurt four games down the road.

Joel
10-13-2013, 12:23 PM
You don't experiment in regular season games. Meaning, you don't just throw Anderson into the game because Moreno MIGHT get hurt four games down the road.
So we just keep talking about how Andersons quality performance when he played means nothing because it was against scrubs in preseason games. When Hillman and Ball take turns relieving Moreno, that's not experimenting in regular season games? Is it that the two of them bring radically different skill sets to the position, so we have "Hillman situations" and "Ball situations"?

MOtorboat
10-13-2013, 12:24 PM
So we just keep talking about how Andersons quality performance when he played means nothing because it was against scrubs in preseason games. When Hillman and Ball take turns relieving Moreno, that's not experimenting in regular season games? Is it that the two of them bring radically different skill sets to the position, so we have "Hillman situations" and "Ball situations"?

He's the fourth string running back. We have a short-yardage back in Ball, a change of pace back in Hillman and the workhorse and passing back in Moreno.

There's no reason to change that just for the hell of it.

Davii
10-13-2013, 02:31 PM
He's the fourth string running back. We have a short-yardage back in Ball, a change of pace back in Hillman and the workhorse and passing back in Moreno.

There's no reason to change that just for the hell of it.

Agreed. IF there's an injury he'll get his chance. IF he outplays others M-F, he'll get his chance. Until one if those two happen he sits behind. That's how it works.

Joel, which player do you think should be told they're not dressing so that the team can experiment?

SR
10-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Joel, which player do you think should be told they're not dressing so that the team can experiment?

Von Miller

Simple Jaded
10-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Von Miller

Nonsense, who'd play MLB?

BroncoWave
10-13-2013, 03:04 PM

Well, Champ is finally active this week.

SR
10-13-2013, 03:05 PM

Champ Bailey

SR
10-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Well, Champ is finally active this week.

Lol