PDA

View Full Version : Sports science takes a look at Trevathan's interception

Spiritguy
10-09-2013, 09:13 PM
This is pretty cool. Definitely a game of inches. EDIT: for some reason the video is gone. 11Oct

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9796309

ShaneFalco
10-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Thx for posting!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2013, 11:55 PM
I can't watch...no flashplayer.

Davii
10-10-2013, 12:12 AM
I can't watch...no flashplayer.

Bottom line: Romo got his feet tangled by Wolfe pushing his lineman into him, couldn't rotate as well as normal so he threw it at a lower than normal velocity. Trevathan took a shallow angle to jump the route, and covered seven feet in his stretch to catch the ball. Great play by Danny coupled with a throw with a little less than desired velocity.

MasterShake
10-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Bottom line: Romo got his feet tangled by Wolfe pushing his lineman into him, couldn't rotate as well as normal so he threw it at a lower than normal velocity. Trevathan took a shallow angle to jump the route, and covered seven feet in his stretch to catch the ball. Great play by Danny coupled with a throw with a little less than desired velocity.

Its amazing watching that play live it just looked like a forced pass by Romo into tight coverage followed by an amazing effort on the INT by Trevathan. Never would have known his feet got tangled with Wolfe and how much that affected the throw. Just goes to show that mistakes in football come from a variety of factors, not just the QB's decision making. Still wonder if he would have connected on the throw without the loss of velocity.

TXBRONC
10-10-2013, 08:33 AM
This is pretty cool. Definitely a game of inches.

Romo said he wanted to put the ball about another out in front of the receiver.

BroncoNut
10-10-2013, 09:19 AM
this kind of thing happens all the time I think. sports science doesn't break down everyplay. plus a similar thread has already been started on this.

BroncoWave
10-10-2013, 09:20 AM
this kind of thing happens all the time I think. sports science doesn't break down everyplay. plus a similar thread has already been started on this.

This thread was started first, agap.

Dzone
10-10-2013, 06:57 PM
the other thread got deleted after people jumped his ass for it

TXBRONC
10-10-2013, 09:38 PM

I didn't touch his ass did you?

topscribe
10-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Its amazing watching that play live it just looked like a forced pass by Romo into tight coverage followed by an amazing effort on the INT by Trevathan. Never would have known his feet got tangled with Wolfe and how much that affected the throw. Just goes to show that mistakes in football come from a variety of factors, not just the QB's decision making. Still wonder if he would have connected on the throw without the loss of velocity.
And it just shows how shallow all of our attempted analyses in the
previous prolonged discussion about the play were, including mine. There
is often more than what meets the eye . . .

sneakers
10-10-2013, 11:04 PM
This is pretty cool. Definitely a game of inches.

Sports Science is the gayest thing in the world

Dzone
10-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Sports Science is the gayest thing in the world
Its great. I have a doctors degree in science

Dapper Dan
10-11-2013, 12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyWXKeBsNk

Skinny
10-11-2013, 05:58 AM
One of the greatest sports movie scenes eva.

TXBRONC
10-11-2013, 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyWXKeBsNk

Is that the speech Fox gave at half time this past Sunday?

Northman
10-11-2013, 07:24 AM
And it just shows how shallow all of our attempted analyses in the
previous prolonged discussion about the play were, including mine. There
is often more than what meets the eye . . .

I dont think so really. At least for me. I still think when the pressure was on he should of checked down to Murray but continued to force the pass anyway. Doesnt take away what Tre did but i dont think anyone's analysis was shallow or out of touch.

BroncoWave
10-11-2013, 08:22 AM

No one really jumped his ass for it. It was just pointed out (maybe a little sarcastically) that another thread had already been started on the topic. He seemed to take that far more personally than it was intended.

Nick
10-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Did jerry jones have removed? I can find anymore

Spiritguy
10-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Just edited the OP wondering about that myself. Not on ESPN or Youtube hmmmmm

Nick
10-11-2013, 01:53 PM
what a great video....

topscribe
10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I dont think so really. At least for me. I still think when the pressure was on he should of checked down to Murray but continued to force the pass anyway. Doesnt take away what Tre did but i dont think anyone's analysis was shallow or out of touch.
I didn't say anyone's analysis was "out of touch," did I? I said our analyses
were a bit shallow. "Shallow" means not deep enough. Sports Science went
a bit deeper than we had. Therefore, our (including my) analyses were a bit
"shallow." I don't think that was any kind of an insult, just that the facts
were a bit deeper than what we had observed, and they were.