PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Knowshon Moreno emerges as first-rate running back

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2013, 10:16 AM
There was a time when LeSean McCoy was correct.

A long time. For more than 3½ seasons, McCoy's opinion would have fallen in with the majority.

"Knowshon (stinks)," McCoy, the Philadelphia Eagles' running back and the NFL's leading rusher, tweeted Sunday.

The Broncos' first-round draft pick in 2009, Moreno in his first three seasons and two games into his fourth had averaged a disappointing 50.5 rushing yards per game.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24269687/broncos-knowshon-moreno-emerges-first-rate-running-back

Bosco
10-09-2013, 01:28 PM
LOL @ Klis. Moreno never "sucked". He was average to above average when healthy, even accounting for some of the trash offensive lines he played for in 2009 and 2010. But, this is Klis, so one can't be surprised.

Regardless, Moreno has been playing like a man possessed this year. Lots of fire and attitude. He's clearly the best back on the team by a wide, wide margin.

Joel
10-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I love how everyone quoting that tweet deletes the "expletive" by changing it to "stinks." Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they get a swear jar after Milhouses mom forbids him playing with Bart because "The other day he said my meatloaf 'sucked.' He must have heard that word from your little boy, because they certainly don't use that kind of language on TV."

Only thing funnier is McCoy bashing Moreno after gaining fewer yards on more carries when we set a franchise scoring record curbstomping the Eagles by 32 points. When you're 2-3 maybe how good OTHER people are shouldn't be your main concern. ;)

Philadelphia Rushing

CAR
YDS
AVG
TD
LG

L. McCoy (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12514/lesean-mccoy)

Denver Rushing

CAR
YDS
AVG
TD
LG

K. Moreno (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12516/knowshon-moreno)

Moreno's kicking butts and taking names, as a rusher, receiver and pass blocker.

Northman
10-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Took him long enough, but glad he has improved with his vision and running ability. Hope he continues to shine from here on out and stay healthy.

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Took him long enough, but glad he has improved with his vision and running ability. Hope he continues to shine from here on out and stay healthy.

Agreed.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2013, 03:09 PM
I almost wonder if McCoy was just messing around. How many players actually tweet serious insults about each other. Although, McCoy could still be upset that Moreno was drafted higher. I'd like to think it was meant as a joke.

Slick
10-09-2013, 03:16 PM
I almost wonder if McCoy was just messing around. How many players actually tweet serious insults about each other. Although, McCoy could still be upset that Moreno was drafted higher. I'd like to think it was meant as a joke.

I don't know man. They got their asses kicked by 32 points. He might have been pissed off losing to a team with a RB that he thinks he is way better than.

Joel you should re **** that post back to McCoy.

BroncoWave
10-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Wow, McCoy is still butthurt about Moreno huh? I guess a 32 point loss does still sting a few weeks later.

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 03:21 PM
I don't know man. They got their asses kicked by 32 points. He might have been pissed off losing to a team with a RB that he thinks he is way better than.

That's possible. If nothing more derrogatory happens then there is a good chance there is nothing to it.

DenBronx
10-09-2013, 04:09 PM

He wasnt messing around. Theres an article on PFT and he said he meant it.

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 05:15 PM

Wow what's up McCoys' butt about Moreno?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-09-2013, 05:42 PM

I know, right?

HORSEPOWER 56
10-09-2013, 07:26 PM

First round draft pick that year vs second round pick so I'd say a couple million bucks.

Joel
10-10-2013, 12:45 AM

Atari 2600s don't support Twitter, so I don't have it. :tongue:

Hawgdriver
10-10-2013, 05:08 AM
I was looking at this http://www.advancednflstats.com/

"advanced NFL stats" that Bill D sent me.

And it says that Moreno is a winar.

But really, he's #2 in the league in some advance metrics, like, expected points per play.

Sure, his carries aren't the highest, but I'd rather see him playing with the same acidic piss come January.