PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos Should Sit Manning Against The Harmless Jaguars

BSN Denver
10-08-2013, 11:02 AM
SHOULD the Broncos sit their top player against the Jags?

YES.

Here's why...
FULL STORY (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=the-broncos-should-sit-manning)

SR
10-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Absolutely not.

BroncoWave
10-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Ridiculous. This is still an NFL team we are playing. Manning is what makes this team go. You don't just sit him because the opponent looks historically bad.

BigDaddyBronco
10-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Why. It's not like the Jags have a devastating pass rush and our OLine has been playing great. Why get out of rythm and I know it's not about records, but damn, we are setting some so might as well continue.

Rick
10-08-2013, 11:10 AM
You play him until it becomes obvious he doesn't need to be in there anymore.

Northman
10-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Nah....

Unless the game is 40-0 by halftime you play your guys.

BroncoWave
10-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Nah....

Unless the game is 40-0 by halftime you play your guys.

Agreed. If we are up by 4+ TDs at halftime, then maybe you consider getting Brock in there. But it would be utterly stupid not to play Manning at all.

Timmy!
10-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Stupid idea is stupid.

Davii
10-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Way off target on this one. There is literally zero reason to sit Manning. None.

Dzone
10-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Once manning has 6 touchdowns, put Osweiler in...Keep the records falling and the juggernaut rolling

Dreadnought
10-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Agreed. If we are up by 4+ TDs at halftime, then maybe you consider getting Brock in there. But it would be utterly stupid not to play Manning at all.

I think the 28 point margin is a good one. Going by that standard then I'd like to see Osweiler in the second quarter. Put them away fast, then get some backups some cheap real game experience.

MasterShake
10-08-2013, 12:00 PM
No. Regardless of the opponent regular season games count. You treat it like one until it feels like a preseason game and is so out of hand that Osweiller gets some reps. Sitting Manning for the game not only reeks of disrespect for the game but also of fear, and playing scared leaves you sitting on the couch watching the Super Bowl come February. I don't even want Manning sitting if we lock up a first round bye in Week 10. Actually I am grateful for the suddenly competitive AFC West and the Chiefs for making us stay honest.

TXBRONC
10-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Ah no that would be dumb.

BroncoWave
10-08-2013, 12:05 PM
No. Regardless of the opponent regular season games count. You treat it like one until it feels like a preseason game and is so out of hand that Osweiller gets some reps. Sitting Manning for the game not only reeks of disrespect for the game but also of fear, and playing scared leaves you sitting on the couch watching the Super Bowl come February. I don't even want Manning sitting if we lock up a first round bye in Week 10. Actually I am grateful for the suddenly competitive AFC West and the Chiefs for making us stay honest.

Good post. Resting starters and getting complacent seems to bite teams every year. I want us to have that edge to us all season. Having a competitive KC in the division definitely does help that. I just hope we don't blow a stupid game here and there and see KC go 14-2 and steal the division. That would be a disaster.

aberdien
10-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't know who this Brandon Spano guy is but I hope he gets the help he needs.

MasterShake
10-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Say you have a high performance car and on one Sunday you take it to the Autobahn and one Sunday you take it for a nice easy drive in the country. Either way though they are vastly different experiences there is no reason to leave that car at home so you can take the Accord out for a spin. Otherwise what is the point of having a nice car.

The high performance car is Manning in this case. And the Autobahn would be most games. And the country road is the Jaguars. Actually the Jaguars are the farmers daughters you stop to see in this situation on a little detour on your country drive because they are going to get ******.

I need my own blog or website called MasterShake's clearly explained sports analogies.

EDIT: And yes I understand that in this particular analogy Manning as a car would be having sexual relations with women. I may have just created a whole new website based on that as well, if it doesn't exist already.

DOUBLE EDIT: Regarding Auto Erotica, a quick Google search verifies its existence. I will never look at a gear shift the same way.

Dreadnought
10-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Say you have a high performance car and on one Sunday you take it to the Autobahn and one Sunday you take it for a nice easy drive in the country. Either way though they are vastly different experiences there is no reason to leave that car at home so you can take the Accord out for a spin. Otherwise what is the point of having a nice car.

The high performance car is Manning in this case. And the Autobahn would be most games. And the country road is the Jaguars. Actually the Jaguars are the farmers daughters you stop to see in this situation on a little detour on your country drive because they are going to get ******.

I need my own blog or website called MasterShake's clearly explained sports analogies.

If the Jaguars are a farmers Daughter then she weighs 274 lbs, has bad skin, and is as ugly as Midnight

TXBRONC
10-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Way off target on this one. There is literally zero reason to sit Manning. None.

Elway isn't paying Manning a contract worth $90 to sit on the bench.

Day1BroncoFan
10-08-2013, 12:18 PM
I agree with everyone else, play Manning until the game is out of hand, then play Os.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Why don't we give the Jags a reason to be pissed off?

UnderArmour
10-08-2013, 12:55 PM
And the Broncos will sit Manning against Jacksonville. Once we have our 7 touchdown lead in the first quarter, Brock can take the reigns from there.

tomjonesrocks
10-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I'd agree you have to start him but I'd rest him very early against this team. If they're down by 17 you can pretty much take PFM and DT out and let Oz take his shots IMO--Jax hasn't shown they can score.

zbeg
10-08-2013, 01:35 PM
A couple of weeks ago, there was already some buzz about what the betting line would be as we realized that:

Denver looked historically good,
Jacksonville looked historically bad.

The host of a NFL betting podcast suggested Denver by 24 on Twitter and was laughed at. Ha ha, that's funny - lines don't get that high. The line opened at Denver by 28. Four touchdowns on an NFL betting line. Never thought I'd see the day.

If you wanted to bet the Broncos to beat the Jaguars outright? No problem. You can do that. Just bet $7000 and if Denver wins, you'll win $7100. Easiest $100 you ever made!

Point is if the Broncos do lose this weekend, it won't have the same catastrophic effect as losing to them in the playoffs, but we'd never ever hear the end of it until the end of time.

Start Manning, crush Jaguars, don't let up until the game's gotten out of hand, and hope for no injuries.

jhns
10-08-2013, 02:36 PM
I've never clicked a link this Spano guy has posted. This thread confirms that this was a good idea.

You don't just bench players mid season. Manning would never allow that to happen. I bet he fights not to get sat in games where he is winning by a ton. It's been said that his backup QBs are never as prepared as other teams backups because he wants all the practice snaps.

Joel
10-08-2013, 02:46 PM
You play him until it becomes obvious he doesn't need to be in there anymore.
Pretty much. If we started Os and somehow lost 17-14 Fox would be a shoo in for Worst Coach in History. This is one of the few areas where Win Probability actually has some utility: Once it's >90% it's time to start rotating in backups; once it hits 100% no one but second and third teamers should be playing. Backup QBs don't get many chances to practice under real game conditions, so if we're ever up >32 points, Brock should be out there, and the people we can't afford to lose shouldn't be risking injury.

About that, one thing that's always perplexed me, in preseason and at the end of blowouts, is that teams pull all their "skill" players, yet most starting linemen play till the gun. Linement absorb more punishment than anyone else, on every down. Offenses in particular can't run OR pass unless the line's at least decent at every point. One would expect they'd be the FIRST people pulled, not last.

It's still any team on any given Sunday though, so starters START. The last thing we need to do is starting taking things for granted before earning them; remember how well that worked in the 2012 playoffs?

slim
10-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi The Brandon Spano Network.

Welcome to the forums!

Slick
10-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Who is Brandon Spano and how did he get his own network?

slim
10-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't know, but I bet he is rich!

Joker56
10-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Remember about the NBA ?
The heat rested some big names ...
And got hit with some big fines ?
cause people paid lotza green to see the big names ?
and that is only like 15,000 people ?
now over 75,000 ?
Not be able to see Manning and DT and Decker and Welker ... or so ?
NFL would fine the Broncos and people be pissed big time paying 200 plus dollars for a ticket ...

rationalfan
10-08-2013, 03:15 PM
bench manning?

good luck telling him that.

CoachChaz
10-08-2013, 03:15 PM
I say we go in and win 35-3. Then we can get the win, cover the spread and let the Jags say they've held to us to less points than any other team has so far.

BroncoWave
10-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Remember about the NBA ?
The heat rested some big names ...
And got hit with some big fines ?
cause people paid lotza green to see the big names ?
and that is only like 15,000 people ?
now over 75,000 ?
Not be able to see Manning and DT and Decker and Welker ... or so ?
NFL would fine the Broncos and people be pissed big time paying 200 plus dollars for a ticket ...

It was the Spurs resting starters, not the Heat. I had no problem with the Spurs doing it though, because it's a long season and one game is insignificant. But NFL fans only get 8 home games, and it would be absolutely cheating the fans who paid big money to see the game to not even play Manning. Now if a team does it in week 17 I have no problem with it, because fans know they run that risk in going to a week 17 game. But if they are going to a week 6 game, I think they expect to see the best players on the field. I would be pissed if that was my one game of the year I spent big bucks to go see and Peyton wasn't playing.

Joker56
10-08-2013, 03:23 PM
OOOpzzz .. right the Spurs lol ... thanks

Joel
10-08-2013, 04:14 PM
I say we go in and win 35-3. Then we can get the win, cover the spread and let the Jags say they've held to us to less points than any other team has so far.
No. Not 35-3 against a backup QB. Never Again (and you KNOW better! :mad:)

BroncoWave
10-08-2013, 04:15 PM
No. Not 35-3 against a backup QB. Never Again (and you KNOW better! :mad:)

LOL Frank Reich.

spikerman
10-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Man, I hope the team isn't taking this game as light as the fans are.

wayninja
10-08-2013, 04:27 PM
The guy is off to the hottest start of any quarterback of all time. Drink that in. ALL TIME.

Yeah, let's **** with that.

Northman
10-08-2013, 04:37 PM
If the Jaguars are a farmers Daughter then she weighs 274 lbs, has bad skin, and is as ugly as Midnight

No reason to poke fun at MO. Oh wait, you said Midnight.

weazel
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
lets just not show up to the game! worst thread ever

Northman
10-08-2013, 04:58 PM

I doubt they are, especially after Sunday.

TXBRONC
10-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't know who this Brandon Spano guy is but I hope he gets the help he needs.

It's not Brando who said it someone by the name of Reilly wrote the story.

TXBRONC
10-08-2013, 05:37 PM
I doubt they are, especially after Sunday.

I agree.

Ravage!!!
10-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Good post. Resting starters and getting complacent seems to bite teams every year. I want us to have that edge to us all season. Having a competitive KC in the division definitely does help that. I just hope we don't blow a stupid game here and there and see KC go 14-2 and steal the division. That would be a disaster.

Not really. We won our first Super Bowl when we didn't win the division. I don't care who wins the division. That division title means diddly squat to me.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Exactly what kind of a message would that send to the rest of the teams if we would sit Manning? The only way it might work is come up with a lame injury he has. I think it is a terrible idea.

SR
10-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Not really. We won our first Super Bowl when we didn't win the division. I don't care who wins the division. That division title means diddly squat to me.

First wild card team to win the Super Bowl, no?

TXBRONC
10-08-2013, 06:16 PM
First wild card team to win the Super Bowl, no?

The Oakland Raiders were the first Wild Card team to win the Super Bowl in 1980.

Nomad
10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Who is Brandon Spano and how did he get his own network?

I'm not sure who Brando Spano is either, but he didn't write the opinion piece. Someone name Patrick Reilly did.

Anyway, you play to win the game and Manning gives the BRONCOS the best shot. I'd hate to see the BRONCOS sleep on the Jags and make the game into a nailbiter, because BRONCOS needs all the momentum they can get going into the Colts game.

MasterShake
10-08-2013, 06:47 PM

To be fair, thats the fun part about being a fan. Reckless abandon!

MOtorboat
10-08-2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.perryvsworld.com/media/2/20130514-o%20rly.jpg

BroncoWave
10-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Fans say this every time we play a bad team and we usually win in a blowout every time we play a bad team. I think you can rest assured that this team isn't taking anyone lightly.

BroncoWave
10-08-2013, 06:59 PM

So having to go on the road three times instead of getting 2 home games means diddly squat to you? Ok...

Slick
10-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Von Miller is gong to eat ******* greedy against the Colts. I can't wait.

Magnificent Seven
10-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I think they will let Brock Osweiler play in last 4 minutes in the 4th quarter.

olathebroncofan
10-08-2013, 08:09 PM
If we get up big, instead of sitting manning, why sit some of our receivers and backs. With the way or oline is playing, the receivers and backs are more likely to get hurt than manning is. Why not get Caldwell and ball, and if Anderson is available more reps.

Dapper Dan
10-08-2013, 08:14 PM
This is something I would expect a person to say if they were a casual football fan who barely watches sports.

Timing is everything in this offense. Every single play is like oil on the machine.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-08-2013, 08:59 PM
If our defense is still missing Champ, Harris, Ayers, and Woodyard this week, then the Jaguars might score more than 17 points. They do have Blackmon back.

Sitting Manning for this game is a terrible idea until the game is officially out of reach.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I think we should stack the box and blitz the crap out of that poor qb.

wayninja
10-08-2013, 10:01 PM
If driving your car wears the engine, then parking it for a really long time must be good for it, right?

Dapper Dan
10-08-2013, 10:18 PM
I could see Henne throwing for 300+ yards.

BSN Denver
10-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Hello everybody, Brandon Spano here.

For those of you that typed, "who in the hell is Brandon Spano?" I'm glad that you are getting an opportunity to find out. LOL. Thank you for reading. I just wanted to put a few things out there. Me and TNed have came together to incorporate the forum and my network together to kind of help each other out. I am a talk show host (The Brandon Spano Show) on FM 93.7 an AM 1510 in Denver and because I do website, TV, radio, and print, we put it all under the umbrella of "The Brandon Spano Network."

First off, four people contribute to the network blog. So not everything that you see is written by me. In fact, most of it is not. Between the radio show, covering the Broncos throughout the week, the TV show and the Broncos pre-game show, I have very little time to write but we have hired some very good writers that are privy to a lot of good information and they deliver the bulk of the content for us.

Second, this particular situation is one where people are reading the headline without actually reading the story. Maybe we didn't do a good enough job of posting more material for you before posting the link, that is something that Tned suggested and something that we will change. The columnist, Patrick Reilly, stated numerous times throughout the column that this would never actually happen in a million years. He was just asking for you to step outside of the box for a moment and really think of the positives and negatives of Manning playing against one of the worst teams that we have seen in over a decade. The "idea" certainly has merit.

I spend a lot of time around the Broncos facility and cover every game live. If you haven't checked out the website, please do. I have exclusive interviews with about 12 players right now that you cannot hear anywhere else and we do videos weekly from Dove Valley and Mile High Stadium. I would love for you to check it out.

If you have questions, feel free to ask, I will try to contribute to the forum as often as I can. Have fun and hopefully you enjoy the content that we are putting out.

Dapper Dan
10-08-2013, 10:42 PM
I had hard the name before from an awesome rant that was on air and posted on YouTube. I don't remember what it was about though.

The subject itself seems like it wouldn't really be worth discussing. I'm not a big fan of hypotheticals that will never happen. If you don't think it will ever happen, what is there to discuss?

MOtorboat
10-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I had hard the name before from an awesome rant that was on air and posted on YouTube. I don't remember what it was about though.

The subject itself seems like it wouldn't really be worth discussing. I'm not a big fan of hypotheticals that will never happen. If you don't think it will ever happen, what is there to discuss?

It won't happen because it's a dumb idea.

Davii
10-08-2013, 11:02 PM

For those of you that typed, "who in the hell is Brandon Spano?" I'm glad that you are getting an opportunity to find out. LOL. Thank you for reading. I just wanted to put a few things out there. Me and TNed have came together to incorporate the forum and my network together to kind of help each other out. I am a talk show host (The Brandon Spano Show) on FM 93.7 an AM 1510 in Denver and because I do website, TV, radio, and print, we put it all under the umbrella of "The Brandon Spano Network."

First off, four people contribute to the network blog. So not everything that you see is written by me. In fact, most of it is not. Between the radio show, covering the Broncos throughout the week, the TV show and the Broncos pre-game show, I have very little time to write but we have hired some very good writers that are privy to a lot of good information and they deliver the bulk of the content for us.

Second, this particular situation is one where people are reading the headline without actually reading the story. Maybe we didn't do a good enough job of posting more material for you before posting the link, that is something that Tned suggested and something that we will change. The columnist, Patrick Reilly, stated numerous times throughout the column that this would never actually happen in a million years. He was just asking for you to step outside of the box for a moment and really think of the positives and negatives of Manning playing against one of the worst teams that we have seen in over a decade. The "idea" certainly has merit.

I spend a lot of time around the Broncos facility and cover every game live. If you haven't checked out the website, please do. I have exclusive interviews with about 12 players right now that you cannot hear anywhere else and we do videos weekly from Dove Valley and Mile High Stadium. I would love for you to check it out.

If you have questions, feel free to ask, I will try to contribute to the forum as often as I can. Have fun and hopefully you enjoy the content that we are putting out.

Is your show available on IHeartRadio or TuneinRadio?

BSN Denver
10-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Is your show available on IHeartRadio or TuneinRadio?

It sure is, man.

Look for AM 1510 on Tune-in and if you have an I-phone you can download the Mile High Sports Radio App.

zbeg
10-08-2013, 11:47 PM
It's not Brando who said it someone by the name of Reilly wrote the story.

Oh, hey. I'm friends with this guy. Met him playing cards in Houston a few years back and got to talking when I found out he was a Broncos fan and is from Denver, and we've got a ton of mutual friends and I got to know him that way. Really nice kid. Small world. This is his first real gig in sports journalism this season I believe, so I'm not surprised that his early stuff is a little rough.

He'll learn and get better.

BSN Denver
10-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Oh, hey. I'm friends with this guy. Met him playing cards in Houston a few years back and got to talking when I found out he was a Broncos fan and is from Denver, and we've got a ton of mutual friends and I got to know him that way. Really nice kid. Small world. This is his first real gig in sports journalism this season I believe, so I'm not surprised that his early stuff is a little rough.

He'll learn and get better.

LOL. Wrong guy, brother. Fourth year covering the Broncos. Never been to Houston. Refer to my post at the end of page four.

zbeg
10-09-2013, 12:00 AM
LOL. Wrong guy, brother. Fourth year covering the Broncos. Never been to Houston. Refer to my post at the end of page four.

I was referring to Patrick Reilly, not you. =-)

BSN Denver
10-09-2013, 12:01 AM
I was referring to Patrick Reilly, not you. =-)

Haha. My bad. Yes, this is Patrick's first gig. He has done an excellent job so far.

dogfish
10-09-2013, 12:11 AM

YES.

Here's why...
FULL STORY (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=the-broncos-should-sit-manning)

lol, yea. . .

we'll let YOU be the one to break it to him. . . i assure you, neither fox nor JFE want any part of that. . .

:heh:

wayninja
10-09-2013, 12:51 AM
This:

Seems incongruous with:

YES.

Here's why...

I'm not sure why reading the full article changes the course of the conclusion. As people have stated here, without needing to give it to much thought, the negatives outweigh the positives. The premise of the article is silly.

Not trying to bash your (subordinates) article, just don't think we need to be told that we didn't read it and must not have understood what the title meant.

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Hey Brandon thanks for stopping by. I listen to your program regularly it's a great show.

To the subject of Mark Reilly's article. I did read it and I did understand his point. The only positive is Manning wouldn't be taking hits. The point I made is that teams do not pay the kind of money that the Broncos are paying to sit during a meaningful game when he is healthy. Here's another point, the offense isn't going to function the same without him in there. Look what happened Denver's defense lost three starters last week.

Northman
10-09-2013, 07:25 AM

If i recall i think Tned called into your show a couple of times before. At least i think i remember him talking about it a few months back.

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 08:12 AM
If i recall i think Tned called into your show a couple of times before. At least i think i remember him talking about it a few months back.

Yes he called before. One time I remember was when he and James Merilatt (I think it was Merilatt) had difference of opinion on Spano's show. I think it had something with Tebow.

tripp
10-09-2013, 09:37 AM
See what the score is late in the 3rd Quarter. Jeopardizing a loss to the Jags because we want to sit our best player is ridiculous. I would however, love to see Osweiler play for a quarter, even if half the snaps are hand offs to Moreno, Ball, and Hillman.

BSN Denver
10-09-2013, 10:16 AM
This:

Seems incongruous with:

I'm not sure why reading the full article changes the course of the conclusion. As people have stated here, without needing to give it to much thought, the negatives outweigh the positives. The premise of the article is silly.

Not trying to bash your (subordinates) article, just don't think we need to be told that we didn't read it and must not have understood what the title meant.

That's an excellent point. Andrea posts the columns on our Forum feed and was trying to create a reason to click I'm assuming. Looks like it may have back fired. Thank you for the input.

BSN Denver
10-09-2013, 10:18 AM

Yes, that was a few years back. That was a fun night. I still remember it.

BSN Denver
10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Hey Brandon thanks for stopping by. I listen to your program regularly it's a great show.

To the subject of Mark Reilly's article. I did read it and I did understand his point. The only positive is Manning wouldn't be taking hits. The point I made is that teams do not pay the kind of money that the Broncos are paying to sit during a meaningful game when he is healthy. Here's another point, the offense isn't going to function the same without him in there. Look what happened Denver's defense lost three starters last week.

Thanks for listening. I truly appreciate the kind words and thanks for allowing us into your awesome community.. Your point is certainly a fair one. It's looking like the column created quite a conversation piece though, which is always a nice outcome.

underrated29
10-09-2013, 10:24 AM
I have peyton, welker and JT in fantasy. We better not sit peyton after a 4td lead. Sit him at 6. I have more then enough faith that brock, when actually running plays and not just killing clock can march down the field with some of the starters and put up more points.

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 10:36 AM
That's an excellent point. Andrea posts the columns on our Forum feed and was trying to create a reason to click I'm assuming. Looks like it may have back fired. Thank you for the input.

I did click on the link and read the story yesterday and read it again today. I understand Reilly's premise and I give him credit for creativity but it's not realistic and he as much admitted it's not. Maybe a better angle is how soon do you pull Manning out if the game is out of hand or how many pull out if it's a laugher?

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
I have peyton, welker and JT in fantasy. We better not sit peyton after a 4td lead. Sit him at 6. I have more then enough faith that brock, when actually running plays and not just killing clock can march down the field with some of the starters and put up more points.

If you can't do well in your League with Manning throwing four touchdown passes I don't know what to tell you. Manning and the other starters are far more important than any Fanasty league.

wayninja
10-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I did click on the link and read the story yesterday and read it again today. I understand Reilly's premise and I give him credit for creativity but it's not realistic and he as much admitted it's not. Maybe a better angle is how soon do you pull Manning out if the game is out of hand or how many pull out if it's a laugher?

Or just less of the "This is what the Broncos SHOULD do" hook, even though it's totally contrary to what 99% of coaches, analysts and fans would do. A simple examination of the pros and cons and title explaining that is what the article will do is just fine.

Again, there's nothing wrong with the article, it's just trying to hard to hook, which hurts its credibility.

P34flyboy
10-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Michael Bonzagni, an ESPN NFL Insider, also said the Broncos should rest Manning. I completely disagree. That is just asking for trouble. Why would anybody ever think of this?

wayninja
10-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Michael Bonzagni, an ESPN NFL Insider, also said the Broncos should rest Manning. I completely disagree. That is just asking for trouble. Why would anybody ever think of this?

I get the temptation, I really do. But making decisions out of fear or worry, or worse yet, leaving the craps table when you are on fire, is just not a good idea.

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 02:38 PM
I get the temptation, I really do. But making decisions out of fear or worry, or worse yet, leaving the craps table when you are on fire, is just not a good idea.

I'm glad the Broncos make decisions based off the musing of the media.

P34flyboy
10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm glad the Broncos make decisions based off the musing of the media.

The scary part is they have done so lol

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 05:18 PM
The scary part is they have done so lol

Nah.

zbeg
10-09-2013, 05:23 PM

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

wayninja
10-09-2013, 05:25 PM

Tell me how you are confused, and I will try to help.

Ravage!!!
10-09-2013, 05:42 PM

:lol:

z, ninja is saying that you dont want to kick dirt on the burning dog's ass iffin he can win the race.

zbeg
10-09-2013, 05:44 PM

I just wasn't sure if you actually believed what you were saying about being on fire at the craps table, or if you were making a joke. Mostly because what you perceive as being on fire is simply a product of bunched distribution of random outcomes, and that you have absolutely no predictive ability. Given that every bet in craps is a long-term losing bet (except for taking the odds, where it's exactly 50/50), playing craps is never a winning proposition unless you hate money.

wayninja
10-09-2013, 05:54 PM
I just wasn't sure if you actually believed what you were saying about being on fire at the craps table, or if you were making a joke. Mostly because what you perceive as being on fire is simply a product of bunched distribution of random outcomes, and that you have absolutely no predictive ability. Given that every bet in craps is a long-term losing bet (except for taking the odds, where it's exactly 50/50), playing craps is never a winning proposition unless you hate money.

Actually, it was less a literal idiom than in interpretive one. I was basically saying that you don't mess with what is working, I wasn't trying to relate the improbability of a chance based game like gambling to a skill based one like Football.

Having said all that, I've made money in my life at craps. How does your fancy math explain that? On second thought, please don't.

zbeg
10-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Actually, it was less a literal idiom than in interpretive one. I was basically saying that you don't mess with what is working, I wasn't trying to relate the improbability of a chance based game like gambling to a skill based one like Football.

Having said all that, I've made money in my life at craps. How does your fancy math explain that? On second thought, please don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 06:15 PM

Ninja's are devious little turds.

TXBRONC
10-09-2013, 06:17 PM

So are you full of crap or are you crapped out? :D

Denver Native (Carol)
10-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Manning: 'It's About This Week'
Peyton Manning knows what the team has accomplished so far means little and that he pays no attention to how much the Broncos are favored to win.

video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning-Its-About-This-Week/4dd46664-f3d2-44f2-b34e-6660d3ce4450