PDA

View Full Version : Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos player, enters plea to end court case

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2013, 10:52 AM
CENTENNIAL — At a hearing Tuesday morning in Arapahoe County court, Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas entered a plea to end his court case.

Thomas pleaded guilty to having a defective vehicle, a court spokeswoman said in a news release. The plea puts two points on his drivers license.

Thomas and his attorney declined to comment after the brief hearing.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24263712/julius-thomas-denver-broncos-player-scheduled-court-hearing

Not sure if I heard about this before, or not.

Ravage!!!
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Ohh nooo... a defective vehicle!!

Whats the suspension time from the NFL for this?

Rick
10-08-2013, 11:02 AM
If they seriously remove points for having a defective vehicle I find it surprising I still have a license.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Ohh nooo... a defective vehicle!!

Whats the suspension time from the NFL for this?

from article:

Thomas was arrested in August after he did not appear in court for a traffic offense.

Thomas, 25, was charged with failing to yield to an emergency vehicle on Jan. 25, according to court records.

He was scheduled to appear in court for the misdemeanor charge on March 21. Thomas did not appear for the hearing.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...-court-hearing

The defective vehicle was the plea deal. That was NOT what he was arrested for.

Rick
10-08-2013, 11:08 AM
I read the article and saw the real charges, it just surprises me that there is actually point reductions because of defective vehicles...and that I have not been dinged as I am not sure when in my 20 years of driving I have NOT had a defective vehicle lol.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Are they saying his breaks didn't work?

:laugh:

GEM
10-08-2013, 12:16 PM
from article:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...-court-hearing

The defective vehicle was the plea deal. That was NOT what he was arrested for.

Funny story about yielding to an emergency vehicle....

I was in a Denver courtroom on a speeding ticket and this girl goes up to the podium and the judge says she's been charged with failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. She laughs and says, Well sir, I did yield, I pulled over to the right lane when the fire truck was a block and a half behind me, I was at a full stop and the fire truck came up and took a right turn and clipped the back end of their truck to the front end of my car. I have a statement from the driving fireman that states that it was his fault, he did not realize the depth. And here I sit with a ticket.

The judge looked up, read the letter and says...then why are you here?

She say because the officer decided to cite me anyways.

The judges says....damn waste of my time, thank you for coming, charges dropped and I hope I don't see you back in here suing the City.

GEM
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I read the article and saw the real charges, it just surprises me that there is actually point reductions because of defective vehicles...and that I have not been dinged as I am not sure when in my 20 years of driving I have NOT had a defective vehicle lol.

Defective vehicle is what they drop your charges to in order to take a high point ticket down to either a 0 or a 1 when you have a good driving record. Happens a lot in CO. It's their backup plan for plea deals.

Day1BroncoFan
10-08-2013, 12:21 PM
They should have a defective driver plea.

claymore
10-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Funny story about yielding to an emergency vehicle....

I was in a Denver courtroom on a speeding ticket and this girl goes up to the podium and the judge says she's been charged with failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. She laughs and says, Well sir, I did yield, I pulled over to the right lane when the fire truck was a block and a half behind me, I was at a full stop and the fire truck came up and took a right turn and clipped the back end of their truck to the front end of my car. I have a statement from the driving fireman that states that it was his fault, he did not realize the depth. And here I sit with a ticket.

The judge looked up, read the letter and says...then why are you here?

She say because the officer decided to cite me anyways.

The judges says....damn waste of my time, thank you for coming, charges dropped and I hope I don't see you back in here suing the City.

I hate cops that think they are there to harrass vs help.

CoachChaz
10-08-2013, 12:35 PM
I hate cops that think they are there to harrass vs help.

In that case, eliminate Texas from all future travel plans

BroncoWave
10-08-2013, 12:39 PM

I'm pretty sure Clay lives in Texas.

claymore
10-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Ive been given a break by cops a TON, so I shouldnt dislike them as much as I do. They just seem like condicending dooshes half the time... On a side note, I think its a conflict of intrest when they perform security duties off the clock, getting paid and still use their badge as authori-tay

claymore
10-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Thats done in most instances anyway. :heh: J/k kidding. I love Texas. Im one of the only dudes I know that thinks the whole state is beutiful.

TXBRONC
10-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I've never had a problem with police in my fair state.

CoachChaz
10-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Let me edit...Beware of Dallas

Bosco
10-09-2013, 01:30 PM

I read Flagrant Conduct (the story about Lawrence v. Texas) and the audacity and sheer ignorance of the Sheriff's Deputies in that story was astounding. Sickening, really.

Earendil
10-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Don't get me started on Nebraska cops...

Bosco
10-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Don't get me started on Nebraska cops...

I lived in Nebraska (Omaha) for the first near 16 years of my life. Omaha cops were pretty cool/decent guys in my experience. Douglas County Deputies were also pretty good overall. The Sarpy County Deputies were total ****** though.

One rule I've found to be generally true regardless of area is that the percentage of ******* cops climbs exponentially as you move higher in jurisdiction, with a further increase correlating to how rural the area is. I could write a book about the douchebag Florida Troopers I've met.