PDA

View Full Version : USC: Impersonators making calls about coaching job

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2013, 10:09 PM
from article:

LOS ANGELES—Apparently even people who don't work for Southern California are trying to hire the Trojans' next football coach.

USC athletic director Pat Haden said Monday that two people pretending to be representatives of his school have contacted two coaches and attempted to discuss the Trojans' coaching vacancy with them.

Haden said somebody pretending to be a USC official repeatedly tried to speak to an unnamed member of the Denver Broncos' coaching staff about the opening. Jack Del Rio, the Broncos' defensive coordinator and the former Jacksonville head coach, is a former USC linebacker who has been linked to the job before Kiffin was hired and after he was fired.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_24259636/usc-impersonators-making-calls-about-coaching-job

Joel
10-07-2013, 10:25 PM
After giving up 48 points and the most passing yards EVER to a QB on a team that had Meredith, Staubach and Aikman, plus a slew of HoF receivers, I hope Del Rio's concentrating on his current job.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-08-2013, 05:52 AM
After giving up 48 points and the most passing yards EVER to a QB on a team that had Meredith, Staubach and Aikman, plus a slew of HoF receivers, I hope Del Rio's concentrating on his current job.

You do realize that we had 5 starters out in the second half, right? Our MLB captain, our top pass rusher this year, our real top pass rusher, and our top 2 CBs - one a captain is a hard thing to overcome. We were in such dire straights that we had Adrian Robinson, a 4th string LB who has only been on the team for a month playing DE the last 2 defensive series.

I'm willing to give JDR a break on this one. Most of the defenses he called were solid. Early on, guys weren't tackling well. Later on, guys were just getting beat - probably because the offenses were moving the ball so fast the both defenses were gassed. The TD Carter gave up is the perfect example. Great coverage, got his hand in the ball, he just didn't make the tackle after the catch.