PDA

View Full Version : Many records will fall if Broncos continue torrid pace

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 04:32 PM
It’s not exactly breaking news that Peyton Manning and the Broncos are piling up the yards and lighting up the scoreboard. But the Broncos are doing more than just playing good offense. They’re racking up yards and points at a pace that’s completely unprecedented in NFL history.

We’ve gone through the NFL Record and Fact Book and identified six different offensive records that the Broncos are on pace to break this season, for points, touchdowns, first downs, passing first downs, total yards gained and fewest interceptions:

Broncos now: 230
Broncos pace: 736

Touchdowns
Record: 75, Patriots, 2007
Broncos now: 29
Broncos pace: 93

First downs
Record: 444, Patriots, 2012
Broncos now: 147
Broncos pace: 470

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/07/many-records-will-fall-if-broncos-continue-torrid-pace/

Joker56
10-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Some of those we might not brake... but who knows ?
We might just brake all...
I simply want to see no injuries...
And see Manning do his "Magic Trickz"
TD to Welker
TD to Moreno
TD to JT
TD to DT
TD to Moreno oooopz.. i mean Decker... lol

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 04:59 PM
I see us breaking total points for a team and touchdowns by a QB.

Bronco4ever
10-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Wes Welker has 7 TD catches. He's close to the pace of the single season TD receptions. I doubt he'll get it but it's worth mentioning.

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Wes Welker has 7 TD catches. He's close to the pace of the single season TD receptions. I doubt he'll get it but it's worth mentioning.

What is the record for any reciever?

He should break/shatter his personal best which is 9.

Joel
10-07-2013, 05:09 PM
1) "If" (it's only week FIVE, people!) 2) so what? It's great news for fantasy football fans, but has little to do with whether we finish as NFL champs. For those even more obsessed than I with stats, consider the one thrown around last week about all the teams that led the league in scoring without winning the SB. It's a marathon, not a sprint; after a 12 game winning streak ended in our first playoff game, we should know that.

Know which stat I've got my eye on right now? 5-0: The Kansas City Chiefs record heading into games against Chokeland, Houston, Cleveland and Buffalo. It's hard to imagine them losing >1 one of those game, and easy to see them winning all four. Then a bye, then us. One game at a time, Broncos: If we win it all, we won't care about records; if not—we still won't.

So congrats to our team on the accomplishing as much as anyone can in just five games, but it's still just five games; we still have a big job to do and a long road to get there.

Bronco4ever
10-07-2013, 05:15 PM
1) "If" (it's only week FIVE, people!) 2) so what? It's great news for fantasy football fans, but has little to do with whether we finish as NFL champs. For those even more obsessed than I with stats, consider the one thrown around last week about all the teams that led the league in scoring without winning the SB. It's a marathon, not a sprint; after a 12 game winning streak ended in our first playoff game, we should know that.

Know which stat I've got my eye on right now? 5-0: The Kansas City Chiefs record heading into games against Chokeland, Houston, Cleveland and Buffalo. It's hard to imagine them losing >1 one of those game, and easy to see them winning all four. Then a bye, then us. One game at a time, Broncos: If we win it all, we won't care about records; if not—we still won't.

So congrats to our team on the accomplishing as much as anyone can in just five games, but it's still just five games; we still have a big job to do and a long road to get there.

You and I aren't playing on Sundays, so it's perfectly fine if we speculate on potential records. I have no doubt that the team is focused on winning a championship first and foremost.

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 05:17 PM
I agree on championship being better than breaking records. Still doesnt change the fact that this team just might break records along the way though. Which I would like to see.

Other fans keep telling how cake our schedule is. Well everyone else in our division plays the same teams we do but ours gets harder down the stretch and since we went to the playoffs we have to play other playoff teams. There are 1 or 2 teams that KC wont have to play that we will.

KC will get exposed soon, its just a matter of time. Not worried about the kool aid man Reid at all.

Bronco4ever
10-07-2013, 05:17 PM

I think it's 23 by Moss in 2007. Could be wrong on the number.

Joel
10-07-2013, 06:51 PM
I agree on championship being better than breaking records. Still doesnt change the fact that this team just might break records along the way though. Which I would like to see.

Other fans keep telling how cake our schedule is. Well everyone else in our division plays the same teams we do but ours gets harder down the stretch and since we went to the playoffs we have to play other playoff teams. There are 1 or 2 teams that KC wont have to play that we will.

KC will get exposed soon, its just a matter of time. Not worried about the kool aid man Reid at all.
No one can be sure who's schedule is and isn't tough 5 games in, but that said: Playing 3 against the awful NFCE might make us look better than we are, but we opened the season against the defending champs and all we did was tie a record hanging 49 points on them. To the extent early records are indicative, there are only two other unbeaten teams left, and we play one of them TWICE. The Colts just yesterday beat a SB favorite to reduce the number of unbeatens; we play them in two weeks. Plus the Texans, who are great everywhere but QB, and a surprisingly improved Titans team.

This schedule's not easy, though it could be argued the front end is. Once again, marathon, not sprint, hence I don't want to count our chickens yet. I still give Pats fans crap about '07; don't wanna be in that boat.

SR
10-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Joel, it was an 11 game winning streak. So much for your obsession with stats.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Joel, you seem overly concerned about KC. I think we're gonna roll them. Their 5-0 isn't exactly impressive. They got lucky catching Tennessee right after Locker went down and getting Ryan the turnover machine Shits-Patrick to hand them the game.

There's no way their vaunted defense can stop all of our weapons. They just can't. They aren't the '85 Bears. They have a good defense, but they don't have the stroke to stop our offense. We might only be able to manage 35 against them.

More importantly, their offense kinda stinks. No, they don't turn the ball over much but they aren't a high scoring offense, either. If we can just slow down Charles (something we've done well all season) their offense will crumble. They aren't used to playing from behind which they'll have to do against us.

Other than Reid and Smith, this is the same team that went 2-14 last year. They are improved but they aren't on our level. I think you're sweating them too much and giving them way too much credit.

MOtorboat
10-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Manning is on pace for 6,000 yards.

CoachChaz
10-07-2013, 08:26 PM

23. He's on pace for 22

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 08:31 PM
23. He's on pace for 22

Thats going to be really tough. I see Demaryius blowing up at some point this season.

That must be Rice, Owens or Moss.....thinking Moss here. Welker also is fighting for catches with Decker, DT and JT....heck even RBs. I think he ends with about 15 or so TDs which isnt bad. Just think Manning will spread the ball around even more as the season goes on.

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Manning is on pace for 6,000 yards.

Would love for him to get that too. If all goes according to plan he will at least break the single season TD record, which is huge! Passing yards and TDs are the two most coveted records a QB can have.....and he could break both in the same year. Thats simply amazing!

Spiritguy
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM
I think it's 23 by Moss in 2007. Could be wrong on the number.

Who scored Most touchdowns in a season by receiver?

Answer
Jerry Rice in the 1987 season with San Francisco with 22 TD's.

Randy Moss broke the record with 23 receiving touchdowns in the 2007 campaign with the New England Patriots, although Jerry Rice's record of 22 was set in a 15 game strike-shortened season rather than the conventional 16 game season.

zbeg
10-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Who scored Most touchdowns in a season by receiver?

Answer
Jerry Rice in the 1987 season with San Francisco with 22 TD's.

Randy Moss broke the record with 23 receiving touchdowns in the 2007 campaign with the New England Patriots, although Jerry Rice's record of 22 was set in a 15 game strike-shortened season rather than the conventional 16 game season.

And Rice only played 12 games because he didn't cross the picket line. 22 touchdowns in 12 games projects to 29 TDs.

And he still didn't win MVP that year. Pretty ridiculous that no offensive player outside of QB and RB has won MVP but a kicker has.

A freaking kicker.