PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars QB Gabbert won't play against Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2013, 03:19 PM
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Blaine Gabbert is back on the bench.

Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley says he expects Gabbert to miss Sunday's game at Denver because of a strained hamstring. The injury knocked Gabbert out of Sunday's 34-20 loss at St. Louis.

Chad Henne will make his third start of the season.

rest - http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/jaguars-qb-gabbert-wont-play-against-broncos

ESPN also reported this

LTC Pain
10-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Gabbert hasn't been playing against anyone this year!!!

DeckTheBalls87
10-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Gabbert is a horrible QB, didnt think he was that great in college either. Might be time for the team is go with Denard Robinson....i mean why not?

wayninja
10-07-2013, 04:21 PM
So instead of facing a backup QB, we have to face a backup QB?

olathebroncofan
10-07-2013, 05:24 PM
They should have signed Tebow just fur the Jax Denver game. Do you realize how much publicity this would have gotten.

That would be awesome. Timmy back at mile high. That way Denver fans could have their cake and eat it too.

wayninja
10-07-2013, 05:26 PM
They should have signed Tebow just fur the Jax Denver game. Do you realize how much publicity this would have gotten.

That would be awesome. Timmy back at mile high. That way Denver fans could have their cake and eat it too.

Why would they do that? Gabbart is doing fine.

Nomad
10-07-2013, 05:59 PM

We probably would have gotten the game up here for sure. The viewing area for this game will probably be small. Oh well, I need to rake leaves this weekend anyway and get everything winterized.

Joel
10-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Henne's probably better than Gabbert, so big whup. I mean, I don't wish the guy any harm, but in terms of the game I don't think it matters which of them plays.

Dreadnought
10-07-2013, 06:34 PM
We probably would have gotten the game up here for sure. The viewing area for this game will probably be small. Oh well, I need to rake leaves this weekend anyway and get everything winterized.

I am 5 for 5 seeing the Broncos televised so far, and without the Ticket or hitting a bar. I think I'll be 5 for 6 after the Jaguars game.

I suspect Henne isn't as psyched for this particular start as he might otherwise be. And if our pass D. doesn't shut down the Jags then maybe we should start worrying for real.

sneakers
10-08-2013, 05:23 AM
I am 5 for 5 seeing the Broncos televised so far, and without the Ticket or hitting a bar. I think I'll be 5 for 6 after the Jaguars game.

I suspect Henne isn't as psyched for this particular start as he might otherwise be. And if our pass D. doesn't shut down the Jags then maybe we should start worrying for real.

I am trying to think.....yeah I am pretty sure I am 5/5 for televised games here in Wisconsin. I remember back in the '98 season, 13 of the 16 games were televised here

CrazyHorse
10-08-2013, 05:28 AM
I haven't had to use my Sunday Ticket yet either. I may have to this Sunday.

Dapper Dan
10-08-2013, 05:36 AM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1849/jl9v.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/jl9v.png/)

olathebroncofan
10-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Blackmon was ballin this this weekend. Or defense just might be a career booster that some qb's need.

Broncolingus
10-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Maybe Quinn Gray, (yes, I had to go back and check the spelling of 'Gray'), will come out of retirement and take a shot at history :D

http://jacksonville.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/editorial/images/images/mdControlled/cms/2011/03/15/799603193.jpg

Buff
10-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I would rather play Gabbert than Henne.

zbeg
10-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I haven't had to use my Sunday Ticket yet either. I may have to this Sunday.

The crazy thing is that there's a decent chance you won't. The only two afternoon CBS games are Jacksonville @ Denver and Titans @ Seahawks. The latter is ostensibly going to be more competitive, but both should feature an exhibit of an NFL team punching a baby for 60 minutes, and it's entirely possible that as far as baby punching goes, more people are interested in seeing Denver battle infants than Seattle.

Joel
10-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Titans look better than I expected this year, though Seattle should win. Hope so; since they beat Houston I'm hoping they sweep the division (though Indy's already ruined that.)

Nomad
10-08-2013, 06:14 PM
The crazy thing is that there's a decent chance you won't. The only two afternoon CBS games are Jacksonville @ Denver and Titans @ Seahawks. The latter is ostensibly going to be more competitive, but both should feature an exhibit of an NFL team punching a baby for 60 minutes, and it's entirely possible that as far as baby punching goes, more people are interested in seeing Denver battle infants than Seattle.

As I figured, the local CBS station has the Titans/Seahawks game, and surprisingly the 9ers/Cardinals game on FOX. A person could go to Titantv.com and see what game they have.

wayninja
10-09-2013, 12:59 AM
I heard they are saving Gabbart so he doesn't get injured since the Jags will likely steamroll the Broncos.