PDA

View Full Version : Broncos beat cowboys in shootout for the ages

BSN Denver
10-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Don’t worry Broncos fans, you can exhale now. The Broncos pulled it out in the last two seconds of the game. And you can officially say that luck was on their side. READ FULL STORY HERE (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=broncos-beat-cowboys-in-shootout)

Day1BroncoFan
10-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Nice read.

Ravage!!!
10-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I didn't read yet, but I don't think when a team scores 51 points in a game it can be considered "lucky" that they won. I think it was lucky that we scored 51 points and Dallas was still in the game.

BroncoWave
10-07-2013, 11:14 AM
I didn't read yet, but I don't think when a team scores 51 points in a game it can be considered "lucky" that they won. I think it was lucky that we scored 51 points and Dallas was still in the game.

It was pretty clear that once we couldn't stop their offense, it was going to come down to the team who had the ball last winning. In that sense, I think we were lucky to have the ball last. When we were down 7 late in the game, I think the odds were pretty heavy against us winning considering our inability to stop their offense.

Ravage!!!
10-07-2013, 11:19 AM
It was pretty clear that once we couldn't stop their offense, it was going to come down to the team who had the ball last winning. In that sense, I think we were lucky to have the ball last. When we were down 7 late in the game, I think the odds were pretty heavy against us winning considering our inability to stop their offense.

I dont' know if that's "luck." Its not like we didn't produce our points. Both teams had the same number of turnovers, in the same way. INT/Fumble.. INT/Fumble. It's not "lucky" when your team scores 51 points to be the winner at the end of a game. I don't care how someone tries to find luck in that. We didn't even PUNT one time...yet we were lucky? Eh... I don't call that luck. I call it lucky for Dallas that they were that close.

BroncoWave
10-07-2013, 11:21 AM
I dont' know if that's "luck." Its not like we didn't produce our points. Both teams had the same number of turnovers, in the same way. INT/Fumble.. INT/Fumble. It's not "lucky" when your team scores 51 points to be the winner at the end of a game. I don't care how someone tries to find luck in that. We didn't even PUNT one time...yet we were lucky? Eh... I don't call that luck. I call it lucky for Dallas that they were that close.

I think we were lucky to win GIVEN our situation in the 4th quarter. Yes Dallas was lucky to even be in that situation in the first place, but I think we were lucky to escape with the W after being down by 7 late in the game.

CoachChaz
10-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Most of my local Cowboy fan friends have agreed that it's a different ball game if both teams field all of their regular starters.

Day1BroncoFan
10-07-2013, 11:22 AM
It was either luck or I willed it to happen.