PDA

View Full Version : Will Manning break the single season TD record?

CrazyHorse
10-07-2013, 02:56 AM
I think he's certainly capable and is on pace for 64 but will he do it?

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 03:13 AM
Yes, as well as many other broken along the way.

I just hope he stays healthy as well as everyone else. My only worry is we get up by 3 scores and he gets pulled....so that will lower his stats a bit. But I would rather him be pulled to keep his health for the playoffs then any records. Still think he will break it though.

Welker is also on pace to break his personal season TD record. Right now he has 7 and his record is 9, so look for double digets there. Just think, Tom Brady had this guy for so many years and wasnt using his full potential. Insert Manning and Welker looks even better. Sssssssuck on that Pat fans!

Not to mention, our offense as a whole. I think we are capable of putting up the most points by a team in a single season.

ShaneFalco
10-07-2013, 04:12 AM
yup

Skinny
10-07-2013, 06:35 AM
I voted yes just because he's on such a tear. He's capable of it and he has the guys around him to help him do it. Long way to go.

sneakers
10-07-2013, 06:36 AM
sure, why not?

MOtorboat
10-07-2013, 07:51 AM
I don't think he will.

CoachChaz
10-07-2013, 08:17 AM
I think he'll do it, but I dont know how much of an accomplishment I'll personally view it as. Yes, he is talented and playing in the NFL is tough. But with the way games are focused on passing so much in today's NFL and how the rules favor the offense so much and the ridiculous talent he has around him...I think it's pretty much set up to be an easy accomplishment for him.

Passing records are broken almost daily somewhere lately, and for me, it takes some of the luster off of the accomplishments.

jhns
10-07-2013, 09:22 AM
He has 20 through 5.

He needs 30 in the next 11 games.

The record will be broken with multiple games left to play.

CoachChaz
10-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Another question. Welker is on pace for 22 receiving TD's. Can he break the record of 23? Or are there just too many options for Manning for one person to get that many?

Day1BroncoFan
10-07-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm saying yes. I have a 50% chance of being 100% right.

CrazyHorse
10-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Another question. Welker is on pace for 22 receiving TD's. Can he break the record of 23? Or are there just too many options for Manning for one person to get that many?

I'd love for Welker to take it from Moss.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes, the way this defense might play

BroncoWave
10-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't see why not. Given how he has played this season, it would be a pretty big drop in production for him to only average 2.7 TDs a game the rest of the way.

CrazyHorse
10-14-2013, 08:58 PM
He only had 2 against the Jaguars. He probably could have had more but Knowshon rushed for 3 TD's. He's still on pace for something like 58.

SR
10-14-2013, 09:16 PM
I think Peyton will still hit 5k/50TDs

wayninja
10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Not if we keep letting Moreno get all the glory.

CrazyHorse
11-25-2013, 10:21 AM
He'd need to average 3 TD's the next 5 games. Possible, but it's looking more and more unlikely.

Joel
11-26-2013, 03:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2013/seasontype/2
The unprecedented record-shattering season is looking a lot more precedented and non-shattering. Where does that leave the "it doesn't matter if we win the SB as long as our September games have us on pace to shatter all kinds of records" people? Not that I value records much next to championships anyway, but, really, did it ever really make sense to talk about breaking season records before we were even halfway through the season? Just to round things out: We had 31 pts in Sundays loss; if we manage that in ALL of our five remaining games we'll finish 5 pts SHORT of New Englands 2007 record.

Personally, I still agree with Adrian Petersons position when asked how he felt about coming up 9 yds short of the single season rushing record. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Lh-hzEAnY The game's played to win games and championships, not break records, not least because records are made to be broken and all are therefore transitory. I don't know which team had the record for most points in 1998 (I do know Marinos single season TD record seemed impossibly high then,) but I know who won the Super Bowl. Think Terrell Davis would trade that for another 98 rushing yds that year?

This poll really needed a "I couldn't care less; just win the Super Bowl" option. ;)