PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

Dapper Dan
10-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I didn't watch most of the game. Who all got hurt? How bad is it looking?

cmc0605
10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
You missed heck of a game. Re-watch it.

No big injuries. Chris Harris got knocked out of the second half with a hit to the head, concussion, so who knows how long that will last, but nothing more to report as far as I know...

Dapper Dan
10-06-2013, 07:21 PM
You missed heck of a game. Re-watch it.

No big injuries. Chris Harris got knocked out of the second half with a hit to the head, concussion, so who knows how long that will last, but nothing more to report as far as I know...

I read a few tweets. Something about Woodyard also. I was beginning to think we lost a few players.

We still have out:
Bailey (Day to Day?)
Clady (Season)
Miller (One more game)
(All Centers)

Who else?

weazel
10-06-2013, 07:24 PM
one good thing is they sure aren't missing Clady as much as I thought they would.

SR
10-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I read a few tweets. Something about Woodyard also. I was beginning to think we lost a few players.

We still have out:
Bailey (Day to Day?)
Clady (Season)
Miller (One more game)
(All Centers)

Who else?

All centers? Manny is our center and he's not out.

topscribe
I didn't watch most of the game. Who all got hurt? How bad is it looking?
Woodyard, Harris, and Ayers were out in all the second half. Duke was
playing hurt, and you know about Von and Champ.

But the last reports I heard were that Woodyard's and Harris' injuries
"weren't serious." In other words, they won't be gone long, we hope . . .

Dapper Dan
one good thing is they sure aren't missing Clady as much as I thought they would.

We haven't missed anyone too bad, until this game. Well, I think it showed before this game, but it REALLY showed that we need some defenders back. Our OL does a heck of a job at filling in for folks.

Dapper Dan
10-06-2013, 07:28 PM
All centers? Manny is our center and he's not out.

I know, I know. He's our "Center". I still consider him our backup RG. Not that he isn't doing a good job. You guys should know I love Manny. I was just being too lazy in naming all of those Centers.

SR
10-06-2013, 07:28 PM
We haven't missed anyone too bad, until this game. Well, I think it showed before this game, but it REALLY showed that we need some defenders back. Our OL does a heck of a job at filling in for folks.

Honestly, even if we had Von and/or Champ, I still think this game would've been close. Dallas was amped and I think it caught Denver off guard.

Dapper Dan
10-06-2013, 07:29 PM

I think I saw Harris get hurt. Where his head snapped back? Any word on Woody, Harris, and Ayers?

Dapper Dan
10-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Honestly, even if we had Von and/or Champ, I still think this game would've been close. Dallas was amped and I think it caught Denver off guard.

I also think some of the faults in our team showed up. We were killing teams at home because they really can't keep up when they can't breathe. We won in NY, but it appears they really suck.

topscribe
10-06-2013, 07:31 PM
I think I saw Harris get hurt. Where his head snapped back? Any word on Woody, Harris, and Ayers?
I don't think they know for sure. But it doesn't look like anything season-ending.
The Broncos have Jax and then the bye, so I don't think they're in bad shape.

CoachChaz
10-06-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't think they know for sure. But it doesn't look like anything season-ending.

Jax, Indy, Was...and then the bye

SR
10-06-2013, 07:41 PM

Not sure which schedule you're looking at?

underrated29
10-06-2013, 07:44 PM

I unjinx your jinx

topscribe
10-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks. Just got crossed up on the schedule.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
We were missing our 3 best defensive players in the second half of that game, plus Ayers and Jr.

tomjonesrocks
10-06-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm definitely curious about Woodyard--I somehow missed the injury during the game.

Harris looked quite woozy. In this day of caution I could definitely see him missing a few weeks.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm definitely curious about Woodyard--I somehow missed the injury during the game.

Harris looked quite woozy. In this day of caution I could definitely see him missing a few weeks.

I believe someone stepped on his throat.

TXBRONC
10-06-2013, 10:03 PM

I saw Harris on the sideline after he took the blow to the head and thought to myself he's not coming back into the game. He didn't look like he was all there .

TXBRONC
10-06-2013, 10:05 PM

Thankfully we get Miller back after next week.

VonDoom
10-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Woodyard's injury is shoulder. Not sure how serious yet

wayninja
10-06-2013, 10:06 PM
I thought Champ would be back last week. He didn't play again today, anyone know how likely he is to come back for the Jags game? Or should we wait for Indy?

BroncoWave
10-06-2013, 10:17 PM
At this point he should just wait until Indy. We REALLY needed him tonight, but next week might as well be a bye week. Getting he and Von back for the Indy game will be a huge boost. I don't even think the most optimistic of Broncos fans expected us to be 6-0 when Von got back.

SR
10-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Woodyard's injury is shoulder. Not sure how serious yet

That's what I said in the game day thread. He was clearly favoring his right shoulder/arm walking to the sideline.

Spiritguy
10-06-2013, 10:33 PM
RT @msleahharris (https://twitter.com/msleahharris): Thanking God for keeping his hands over my husband. Very minor concussion...thank y'all for all the prayers.

Ziggy
10-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Chris Harris had a concussion. No telling how long he'll be out.

Dapper Dan
10-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Chris Harris had a concussion. No telling how long he'll be out.

"Very minor". So, probably 26 weeks with the concussion crackdown.

Simple Jaded
10-06-2013, 11:19 PM
We were missing our 3 best defensive players in the second half of that game, plus Ayers and Jr.

Some would argue that Harris is their 4th best defender.

Simple Jaded
10-06-2013, 11:21 PM
I saw Harris on the sideline after he took the blow to the head and thought to myself he's not coming back into the game. He didn't look like he was all there .

Did you go to the game TX?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-07-2013, 12:01 AM

He's good for sure, but I can't rate him higher than Woody.

Hawgdriver
10-07-2013, 02:07 AM
Are we rating him above DRC?

701Bronco
10-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Manning seemed to be affected by that facemask. He was drug to the ground pretty hard with all the pressure being on his neck. Couldn't help but wonder if that int throw was a result of that. As far as I know that was the only time he threw downfield after the facemask penalty

Dapper Dan
10-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Manning seemed to be affected by that facemask. He was drug to the ground pretty hard with all the pressure being on his neck. Couldn't help but wonder if that int throw was a result of that. As far as I know that was the only time he threw downfield after the facemask penalty

Yeah. That facemasking looked pretty rough.

Hawgdriver
10-07-2013, 03:18 AM

Whoever that dude was that facemasked Manning needs to be shot by firing squad. That's high treason harming a national treasure.

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 03:28 AM

They were showing pregame that Manning gets rid of the ball faster than most QBs. Its almost as if he doesnt need a LT as much as most QBs. Did he really ever have a top 5 LT in INDY? No he didnt. But Clark is doing great and Ware didnt even get near Manning.

We also dont miss our C as much I thought we would.

DenBronx
10-07-2013, 03:30 AM

I would say top 3.

DRC isnt as good as Harris. Clearly DRC was a little exposed today when Harris went down early in the game. DRC, Harris and Bailey all together with Miller, Woody and Ayers all back is going to be really good though. We still havent peaked as a team, just wait until these guys are all together.

Skinny
10-07-2013, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Champ come back for the Jax game. If he can. Just to knock off the rust. That might be a good game to do it in.

TXBRONC
10-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Did you go to the game TX?

Sadly no I was not able to go. :sad:

TXBRONC
10-07-2013, 06:24 AM
They were showing pregame that Manning gets rid of the ball faster than most QBs. Its almost as if he doesnt need a LT as much as most QBs. Did he really ever have a top 5 LT in INDY? No he didnt. But Clark is doing great and Ware didnt even get near Manning.

We also dont miss our C as much I thought we would.

For the majority of his career in Indianapolis he had one of the better left tackles in the game.

Clark was doing such a good job that Ware was flipped to LDE in the hopes he might have success against Franklin.

GEM
10-07-2013, 11:47 AM

What pissed me off was the dirty play on the Cowboys part.

That facemask sack of Manning....total bullshit.
Woody's injury was due to intentionally getting stomped on the ground. That's what he was pissed about coming off the field, that and trying to get the next series to the guy taking over the D.

All and all....talk about a home town crew, there were some dirty holds, a REALLY dirty sack and some stomping on players. And Romo was worried about the refs giving it to us. :laugh:

Joel
10-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Champ come back for the Jax game. If he can. Just to knock off the rust. That might be a good game to do it in.
This is what I've been hoping, especially after that Cowboys game showed us we're in deep crap if missing >1 of our top 3 pass defenders. Champ, Harris and DRC are great; after that it's a HUGE drop down to Carter, and I don't think 5 pro games is enough for Webster to fill that void yet. If finances force the release of Champ or DRC next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see the other starting opposite Harris with Webster in nickel and Carter playing dime (unless one of our safeties beats him out for that.)

For the majority of his career in Indianapolis he had one of the better left tackles in the game.

Clark was doing such a good job that Ware was flipped to LDE in the hopes he might have success against Franklin.
Love how now that Manning's a Bronco our fans have all decided Tarik Glenn was a turnstile. Pro Bowl voters didn't agree; hard to believe he retired after making his third straight, and winning a SB.

Clark's completely surprised me with how good he was; he'd had a journeyman career until this year, when he's somehow stepped in for a Pro Bowl LT and made the transition so seamless a Pro Bowl DE would rather line up against our starting RT. That's stepping up in a BIG way.

gregbroncs
10-07-2013, 03:29 PM

"weren't serious." In other words, they won't be gone long, we hope . . .After Ayers got hurt our pass rush became 0. Could not tackle Romo when we got there and rarely got there without a big blitz. We really need both him and Miller back.

TXBRONC
10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
After Ayers got hurt our pass rush became 0. Could not tackle Romo when we got there and rarely got there without a big blitz. We really need both him and Miller back.

Some of Romo's best scrambles came in the first half.

gregbroncs
10-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Some of Romo's best scrambles came in the first half.Good point. He did not seem to need to scramble in the 2nd as much. There was nobody to run from.

Ziggy
10-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Love how now that Manning's a Bronco our fans have all decided Tarik Glenn was a turnstile. Pro Bowl voters didn't agree; hard to believe he retired after making his third straight, and winning a SB.
Clark's completely surprised me with how good he was; he'd had a journeyman career until this year, when he's somehow stepped in for a Pro Bowl LT and made the transition so seamless a Pro Bowl DE would rather line up against our starting RT. That's stepping up in a BIG way.

Come on Joel. You're better than that. Using the pro bowl as a measure of a players ability? Jeff Saturday was voted to the pro bowl last season after playing so poorly that his team benched him. The NFL pro bowl selection process is the biggest joke in sports right now.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h

sure. RT @MaseDenver: Fox: "No real updates" on the injury report, and "nothing serious," he said.

slim
10-07-2013, 04:00 PM
At least we have Jax this week. We can probably survive with only half the defense.

Let them get rested up and ready for Indy.

Dapper Dan
10-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h

sure. RT @MaseDenver: Fox: "No real updates" on the injury report, and "nothing serious," he said.

I think that's a good sign.

wayninja
10-07-2013, 04:08 PM
At least we have Jax this week. We can probably survive with only half the defense.

Let them get rested up and ready for Indy.

The cowboys game showed that we probably don't need a defense at all.