PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones: I didn’t consider signing Peyton, we already have Romo

Mr Bojangles
10-05-2013, 12:24 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/05/jerry-jones-i-didnt-consider-signing-peyton-we-already-have-romo/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

HaHa.....now we know Jones is a bold-faced liar!

The only possible way that statement could be true is because Jerry felt he couldn't unload Tony to any other team and he couldn't afford to keep both!

Ravage!!!
10-05-2013, 01:06 PM
well... he may have "thought" about the possibility, but I can see his point. Manning coming off a major neck injury that did keep people wondering about not only his IMMEDIATE health, but for how long? Do you get rid of Romo so that you can play Manning for 1 or 2 years? A LOT of teams can say "we would absolutely do it for that"...but others that have young QBs, or QBs that are "on the bubble"..you have to consider that not only do you have to then trade away a guy that can be there for years, but then take on Manning's salary.

I can see where Dallas wasn't considering Manning because of all the collateral circumstances that it would involve. We simply had to choose if we wanted Manning over Tebow. Pretty easy decision.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Does anyone really believe Manning would even consider that disfunctional organization?

Northman
10-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Now we know who Al Davis possessed after he died.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Now we know who Al Davis possessed after he died.

A friend of mine is a Cowboys fan. I was just telling him yesterday Jerry reminds me of Al. He didn't want to hear it but its the truth.

Joel
10-05-2013, 02:05 PM
A friend of mine is a Cowboys fan. I was just telling him yesterday Jerry reminds me of Al. He didn't want to hear it but its the truth.
Been saying this for years; Jerry=NFC Al Davis, Vikings=NFC Oilers. As a native Texan living in Norway, it's depressing. Go, Broncos; dear heaven, go, Broncos....

tomjonesrocks
10-05-2013, 02:39 PM
The bigger surprise is the Texans weren't interested. Manning actually wanted to go there--bad decision on Houston's part.

chazoe60
10-05-2013, 03:55 PM
That's like saying "I didn't buy that Ferrari because I already have a Pinto"

Jerry Jones = dilusuional moron

I do love watching him pretend to be a GM year after year. :laugh:

DenBronx
10-05-2013, 04:06 PM
The way he runs that organization is laughable.

MOtorboat
10-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Maybe he didn't...

:whoknows:

Broncolingus
10-05-2013, 04:25 PM
I love listening to Cowgirl fans down here in Tejas...

They are exactly like Donksters - esp. in the 80s and early 90s.

Donkster...
Elway good game = Elway's the best and we're Super Bowl bound!
Elway bad game = Elway sucks - put in Kubiak!

Cowgirl fan...
Romo good game = Romo rocks, why does everyone bash him and we're going to the Super Bowl!
Romo bad game = Romo sucks and why doesn't Jerry trade him??? ...but, we're still prob going to the Super Bowl! :D

WTE
10-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Maybe he didn't...

:whoknows:

Meh.

Mr Bojangles
10-05-2013, 04:57 PM

Jerry's a lot slicker than Al....and I mean that in a bad way.

Mr Bojangles
10-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Meh.

MO just wants to be bodacious.

MOtorboat
10-05-2013, 05:03 PM
MO just wants to be bodacious.

I just don't think it's all that shocking that he didn't consider it.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Why does Jingles hate the Cowboys so much? I get why he hates the Broncos but the inferiority complex just doesn't quite compute with Dallas.

Joel
10-05-2013, 05:37 PM
The bigger surprise is the Texans weren't interested. Manning actually wanted to go there--bad decision on Houston's part.
Seriously? I heard just the opposite at the time, which really disappointed me because I considered them a championship calibre team at every position except the mediocre QB who doesn't lose games, but can't win them either. Nowadays it seems like most people view him that way, but if they had him last year or this one... yikes.... :eek:

Mr Bojangles
10-05-2013, 06:00 PM
I just don't think it's all that shocking that he didn't consider it.

We don't know for certain that he didn't think about it....just because he now says he didn't!

I think every team in the league, save a handful, gave it some thought. And if Jones didn't give it any, he's derelict in his duties. I bet he wouldn't admit it under pain of death, tho. This was two seasons ago.....and Romo had done nothing to that point for Jones' aspirations of bringing the Lombardi back to Dallas.

Mr Bojangles
10-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Why does Jingles hate the Cowboys so much? I get why he hates the Broncos but the inferiority complex just doesn't quite compute with Dallas.

I don't hate the Broncos, Jade...not at all. I was a big fan of Elway's

Simple Jaded
10-05-2013, 06:22 PM
I don't hate the Broncos, Jade...not at all. I was a big fan of Elway's

So why do you hate the Cowboys?

Poet
10-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Of course he didn't consider it. He would be paying two quarterbacks huge money, and there's no guarantee that he could move Romo.

Ravage!!!
10-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Of course he didn't consider it. He would be paying two quarterbacks huge money, and there's no guarantee that he could move Romo.

Considering how many teams have weak QBs, he could have moved Romo in a heartbeat. KC would be a LOT different team if they had Romo instead of Smith. Jacksonville, Buffalo, NYJ, Tampa, Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota, Philly, Tenn, AZ, maybe Cinci, and of course Oakland. All these teams would be a lot better than what they are with Romo at the helm.

That's 13 out of the 31 teams that would be foolish not to consider Romo if he was available at the time of the move.

Poet
10-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Considering how many teams have weak QBs, he could have moved Romo in a heartbeat. KC would be a LOT different team if they had Romo instead of Smith. Jacksonville, Buffalo, NYJ, Tampa, Cleveland, Houston, Minnesota, Philly, Tenn, AZ, maybe Cinci, and of course Oakland. All these teams would be a lot better than what they are with Romo at the helm.

That's 13 out of the 31 teams that would be foolish not to consider Romo if he was available at the time of the move.

Just because you trade a player doesn't mean you don't take a cap hit. Remember when Chad Johnson went on that trade me tirade, and Washington offered a first round pick and a conditional pick that would have likely turned into another first round pick? If Cincinnati made that move, the hit would have been so harsh that they would have almost went over. It was shenanigans.

Ravage!!!
10-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Just because you trade a player doesn't mean you don't take a cap hit. Remember when Chad Johnson went on that trade me tirade, and Washington offered a first round pick and a conditional pick that would have likely turned into another first round pick? If Cincinnati made that move, the hit would have been so harsh that they would have almost went over. It was shenanigans.

True, but I was referring to the sentence in your post where you said " and there's no guarantee that he could move Romo." That, to me, inferrred that you were suggesting it would be hard to find a team that would trade for Romo.

Poet
10-12-2013, 02:23 PM
True, but I was referring to the sentence in your post where you said " and there's no guarantee that he could move Romo." That, to me, inferrred that you were suggesting it would be hard to find a team that would trade for Romo.

I gotcha. I was not clear enough. My apologies.

FWIW, I wish Romo was on another team. I think Romo is a pretty good quarterback, and a change of scenery might be what he needs.