PDA

View Full Version : Broncos test out former LSU punter Brad Wing

Denver Native (Carol)
10-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Compared to some teams like New England, the Broncos don’t give many tryouts to “street” free agents during the season. But when they do, they generally try out a punter.

The latest was Brad Wing, an Australian punter who had an exceptional college career at LSU.

No, the Broncos aren’t looking to replace Britton Colquitt. To the contrary, the Broncos recently gave Colquitt a contract extension that makes him one of the highest-paid punters in the NFL.

This is about the Broncos making sure their scouting reports are updated in case of need.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/10/04/broncos-test-out-punter/22213/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Favorite part: "unlike some teams like New England". :laugh:

Skinny
10-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Interesting. He was a helluva punter in college, and a helluva tackler too. Physical. But he had multiple failed drug test at LSU and was arrested for simple battery. He was also known for having a big ego too. Lot of red flags. The punter market must be awfully thin.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Skinny-

Maybe it's just a rough market for high maintenance punters-

Skinny
10-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Must be.

Joel
10-04-2013, 07:38 PM
How the heck can a punter have a big ego? Few play much, and those who do are sure signs their teams suck out loud. I'd rather try out Rugland; last I heard our punter was healthier than our place kicker.

Skinny
10-04-2013, 09:39 PM
How the heck can a punter have a big ego? Few play much, and those who do are sure signs their teams suck out loud. I'd rather try out Rugland; last I heard our punter was healthier than our place kicker.

LSU fans and media have mentioned it, and that was what an anonymous AFC team said about him in interviews leading up to the Draft. The article went on to say the scout or FO person said "He was all about himself".

First punter i've ever seen get flagged for taunting.

BroncoWave
10-04-2013, 09:50 PM
First punter i've ever seen get flagged for taunting.

That was a bullshit penalty though. He started his TD celebration like a yard or two early and they took the TD off the board. I absolutely hate that rule.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2013, 10:25 PM
That was a bullshit penalty though. He started his TD celebration like a yard or two early and they took the TD off the board. I absolutely hate that rule.

He looked like a complete goober doing it, but I agree.

Skinny
10-04-2013, 10:33 PM
That was a bullshit penalty though. He started his TD celebration like a yard or two early and they took the TD off the board. I absolutely hate that rule.As bull shit as it seemed that's the rule which was placed before that season started.

TXBRONC
10-05-2013, 07:24 AM
At first I thought this might have something to do with Prater.

CrazyHorse
10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
We don't need no stinkin' punters.