PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey only player at chilly Broncos practice to appear limited

Denver Native (Carol)
10-04-2013, 12:53 PM
With a heavy dusting of snow plowed to the side of the Broncos' turf field at Dove Valley on Friday, the team practiced outside in the coldest conditions so far of the 2013 season.

No player missed the practice, although cornerback Champ Bailey, whose feet and ankles were heavily taped, appeared limited during the media's brief viewing session. Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas was perhaps the bravest player in the face of the cold, going sleeveless while most of his teammates wore pants and sweatshirts.

The Broncos will release a full injury report for Sunday's game in Dallas later Friday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24240040/champ-bailey-only-player-at-chilly-broncos-practice

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Sounds like he wont play again.

Dont know why we just dont wait until after the bye week for him to play. Would rather just see Champ 100% before he comes back.

Joel
10-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Sounds like he wont play again.

Dont know why we just dont wait until after the bye week for him to play. Would rather just see Champ 100% before he comes back.
Think that's basically where we are. Unless Harris or Cromartie get torched (heaven forbid) there's no reason to risk worsening things by rushing Champ back before certain he's fully healed.

DenBronx
10-05-2013, 04:11 AM
Think that's basically where we are. Unless Harris or Cromartie get torched (heaven forbid) there's no reason to risk worsening thing by rushing Champ back before certain he's fully healed.

I still want to see more of Harris and DRC on 1s and 2s anyway but will welcome a healthy Champ. Our passing defense should get better but still think its going to take a couple games for Champ to get back to form. Just worried that his lisfranc injury might linger a bit.

TXBRONC
10-05-2013, 09:06 AM
This is one game I would love to have Champ back for. Dez Bryant is very good receiver if Champ were to be back it make a lot easier to keep him boxed in tighter than a turtle's pecker. (Pardon Jackie Gleason reference.)

BroncoWave
10-05-2013, 09:35 AM
I wish we knew what was really going on with Champ. Seems like in week 1 there was a chance he could play, and it's lingered long enough to keep him out all the way until week 5. Seems weird that he was a possibility to play in the first game and still hasn't healed by now. I wonder if this is more serious than the Broncos are letting on.

MOtorboat
10-05-2013, 09:48 AM
I wish we knew what was really going on with Champ. Seems like in week 1 there was a chance he could play, and it's lingered long enough to keep him out all the way until week 5. Seems weird that he was a possibility to play in the first game and still hasn't healed by now. I wonder if this is more serious than the Broncos are letting on.

These lisfranc injuries are always weird.

Yes, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Slick
10-05-2013, 11:37 AM
I thought I remember Champ saying in a presser that it was now basically up to him as to when he finally gets out there.

Ravage!!!
10-05-2013, 01:13 PM
I think its a situation where we haven't NEEDED him back...so take the extra time to heal up. We don't need depth, or his skills when we are putting up 40+ points a game and things are in hand. I believe that if one of our corners had been injured, Champ would be back into the line-up. Right now, lets not push that injury at ALL to get onto the field sooner than absolutely necessary. If he can sit out through the bye...GREAT. GREAT time to bring him back...week 10, get him back into game condition, and go from there. If we can wait until week 12...GREAT. A healthy, and rested Champ is what I want getting down to the end of the season.

If there is a break down in our secondary to which it doesn't look like we can recover, then bring him back sooner than the Optimal time. Lins Franc takes time, and extra time is NEVER a bad thing to give.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I think his transition to S must be taking a bit longer than expected.