PDA

View Full Version : Champ to Free SAFETY when he gets healthy...right??!!!

Jefehuston
10-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Love you Champ, but you and everyone knows you would rock it out at free safety b/c !!!
right now you would only come back as a good CB. Please become a great FS!

*Instincts and experience in the league would make you a P. Manning on the defensive side at FS!
*Great open field tackler
*attacks ball at highest point.
*Leader

UnderArmour
10-04-2013, 11:47 AM
No.

Ravage!!!
10-04-2013, 11:52 AM
No. (welcome to the boards)

BroncoWave
10-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I would accuse this of being a Zam alternate account, but there aren't enough capital letters.

GEM
10-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Love you Champ, but you and everyone knows you would rock it out at free safety b/c !!!
right now you would only come back as a good CB. Please become a great FS!

*Instincts and experience in the league would make you a P. Manning on the defensive side at FS!
*Great open field tackler
*attacks ball at highest point.
*Leader

Do we have a smiley with the guy holding a gun to his head?

This isn't some new concept. It's be driven into the ground here.

Simple Jaded
10-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Denver has a FS.

Ravage!!!
10-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Well.. his first post and we'll probably never see that name again. I see a troll in the works.

Northman
10-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Oh sweet! A new thread with a new idea! Time to chat it up!

Simple Jaded
10-04-2013, 12:28 PM
He makes a good point about high pointing the ball, if Moore does that at a high school level Denver moves on to the AFCC last January.

Skinny
10-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Do we have a smiley with the guy holding a gun to his head?

This isn't some new concept. It's be driven into the ground here.Yes.... or close too it. :shot:

NightTrainLayne
10-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Whoever said, "there's nothing new under the sun" never thought much about individuals. . .but he's dead anyway.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 12:34 PM
No.

Hell No.

Hell Freaking No.

Does that answer your question?

Ravage!!!
10-04-2013, 12:45 PM
He makes a good point about high pointing the ball, if Moore does that at a high school level Denver moves on to the AFCC last January.

Seriously... it's time to move on.

BroncoWave
10-04-2013, 12:50 PM

For real. Even if we do advance to the AFCCG, there is still only around a 25% chance we win the super bowl from that point. Some people act like Moore's play happened at the end of the Super Bowl.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Denver has a FS.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jefehuston
10-04-2013, 02:49 PM
sorry gents just saw that someone else already brought this up on here and I know it has been mentioned by the media, but I have not received a good reason why to not put him at FS when he comes back. and yes im still bitter about moore and yes he has done well since then, but I say make champ try for this spot, cus I think his replacement/s at cb are doing to well to sit when champ he comes bcack b/c HAS lost that quickness needed to be a great cb.

Italianmobstr7
10-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Nope. We're set at Safety. Champ, DRC, Harris at CB will be good.

Poet
10-04-2013, 03:08 PM
The star that should moved to FS when they come back is Von Miller.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:15 PM
We should move Champ to Left Tackle.

BroncoJoe
10-04-2013, 03:16 PM
For real. Even if we do advance to the AFCCG, there is still only around a 25% chance we win the super bowl from that point. Some people act like Moore's play happened at the end of the Super Bowl.

And some people act as if it has nothing to do with our losing the game.

MOtorboat
10-04-2013, 03:19 PM
sorry gents just saw that someone else already brought this up on here and I know it has been mentioned by the media, but I have not received a good reason why to not put him at FS when he comes back. and yes im still bitter about moore and yes he has done well since then, but I say make champ try for this spot, cus I think his replacement/s at cb are doing to well to sit when champ he comes bcack b/c HAS lost that quickness needed to be a great cb.

Because he's a cornerback. Not a safety.

That's all the reason you should need.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Because he's a cornerback. Not a safety.

That's all the reason you should need.

Clearly this was a troll thread. Either a banned member or a hot carl wanna be.

MOtorboat
10-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Clearly this was a troll thread. Either a banned member or a hot carl wanna be.

I can't really tell, to be honest.

Jefehuston
10-04-2013, 03:30 PM
He was a great CB, but that great reactive CB speed has diminished. it is time for him to be a pro bowler FS and really help the team with his return. his skills will translate greatly to this position.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:33 PM
He was a great CB, but that great reactive CB speed has diminished. it is time for him to be a pro bowler FS and really help the team with his return. his skills will translate greatly to this position.

Hi Zam, how have you been?

BroncoJoe
10-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Please let this thread die.

Ravage!!!
10-04-2013, 03:34 PM

We know he's still a GOOD corner. Maybe nto all-world, and definitely not as GREAT as he once was, but still a GOOD corner. That being said, GOOD corners are much more valuable than FSs. Champ, as a GOOD corner, is more valuable to this team than he would be at FS....>ESPECIALLY since its nothing more than pure speculation that he would be a good FS. He's never played FS. Woodson, who was a GREAT corner as well, did NOT convert to safety well, and has now moved back to corner.

Speculation doesn't help the team. There is a reason top corners are payed more than FS, and that is because coaches know just how important corners are in this league....ESPECIALLY with the rules that have changed to completely hinder DBs.

I LOVE the idea of DRC, Champ, and Harris as our nickle.

jhns
10-04-2013, 03:35 PM

He was a top corner in the league last season. He is still the #1 corner on this team. John Fox and Jack Del Rio put him there. I trust their evaluation a little more than I trust yours.

Jefehuston
10-04-2013, 03:38 PM
whos zam and why are ya getting mad at this thread. sorry, thought there would be some constructive thoughts on the subject, but hey thanks everyone that did. Ill shut it now and lets keep on watching our broncs destroy people eh

Jefehuston
10-04-2013, 03:39 PM
good call, but you wait and see my friend, I think its gona happen

Jefehuston
10-04-2013, 03:41 PM
cant argue with that

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 03:43 PM

It doesn't matter if you think it's a good reason or not. Facts are facts Denver is set at safety and if Champ is healthy he can still play cornerback.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:44 PM
We know he's still a GOOD corner. Maybe nto all-world, and definitely not as GREAT as he once was, but still a GOOD corner. That being said, GOOD corners are much more valuable than FSs. Champ, as a GOOD corner, is more valuable to this team than he would be at FS....>ESPECIALLY since its nothing more than pure speculation that he would be a good FS. He's never played FS. Woodson, who was a GREAT corner as well, did NOT convert to safety well, and has now moved back to corner.

Speculation doesn't help the team. There is a reason top corners are payed more than FS, and that is because coaches know just how important corners are in this league....ESPECIALLY with the rules that have changed to completely hinder DBs.

I LOVE the idea of DRC, Champ, and Harris as our nickle.

I think Harris, Champ and DRC can all play nickle. Really these 3 guys together are the leagues best CB group. We can do alot with them depending on matchups. Maybe DRC would do good with the taller WRs or TEs but Harris has also proven he can shut them down too. I don't think Bailey has lost speed but he does give up big plays at times, which is why maybe he could play the nickle and worry about a little less field to cover. The slot WRs do alot of quick routes and the TEs dont usually go deep on most teams. Champ could then do alot of blitzing which will cause alot of QB pressure especially with Miller on the other side. Either way we really cant go wrong but I like the idea of having Harris on #1s and DRC on #2s. I know thats not the popular opinion but I stick by it.

MOtorboat
10-04-2013, 03:45 PM
He was a great CB

He was voted an All-Pro (not Pro Bowl, All Pro, the one that matters) less than a year ago. That means he was one of the top four cornerbacks in the league. Maybe it isn't "best shutdown corner of all time" territory like where he was in 2004, 5, 6, 7, 8, but it's still elite in this league. A league that PINES for cornerbacks, especially as the league transitions to more spread offenses.

but that great reactive CB speed has diminished.

Yes his skills have diminished because he is 35. That alone is not a reason to have a player move from a position he's played since high school to an entirely new position that he's never played. And, it didn't hinder him from making plays last year, allowing very few receptions to the receiver he was covering and shutting down more No. 1s than he got beat by (2, one play to A.J. Green and two against Torrey Smith). He absolutely put the clamps on Dwayne Bowe, Andre Johnson (After he torched Porter) and Steve Smith, and schematically Denver was able to play a little more zone in other games because the other corners are better now.

it is time for him to be a pro bowler FS and really help the team with his return.

We have no clue if he could ever be an elite safety, because he's never played the position. The examples that you will bring up in rebuttal to this post (i.e. Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson, really the only two players who were successful at the transition) both played safety in college and high school and the transition was easier for them.

his skills will translate greatly to this position.

Now, don't get me wrong. His skills would likely translate. But there's absolutely no reason, especially mid-season to change. If this is about that one play that Moore had in that one game, then it's even more short-sighted than the idea that Champ is "ready" (whatever that means) to move to safety. That play is over and gone and the likelihood of that scenario arising in another playoff game is almost nil (literally).

And yes, Denver has young horses at corner that look really good. DRC's speed is impressive, and his cover skills are decent. Chris Harris just makes plays (although he makes them better in the slot), and it looks as if the rookie (name escaping me) and Bolden can play. But none of them can play like Champ Bailey (OK, maybe DRC), and if you do move Bailey to safety, not only are you taking a capable player off the field at safety (Ihenacho or Moore, take your pick, because you're losing one) and putting him in a backup role, you're taking an All-Pro away from the cornerback position, which in turn creates a hole on the field.

Coaches play odds. Moving Bailey to safety doesn't make sense, because you're taking a sure thing at one position and turning it into two unsure things at two positions. Here, I'm going to give you two quarters if you give me that dollar.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:47 PM
whos zam and why are ya getting mad at this thread. sorry, thought there would be some constructive thoughts on the subject, but hey thanks everyone that did. Ill shut it now and lets keep on watching our broncs destroy people eh

You bumped the original thread on this discussion. This topic has been hashed on all Broncos forums, not just this one and I know you already knew that. Yet you still created a new very old topic just to piss people off. Why would you create a new thread for your very first post them automatically bump this very same discussion?

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:51 PM
It doesn't matter if you think it's a good reason or not. Facts are facts Denver is set at safety and if Champ is healthy he can still play cornerback.

I am really liking our safeties right now too. Moore and Nacho are not giving up anything. Moore really only had one bad play the whole year, it was in the playoffs. Other than that he was great last year and this year seems even better for him. Nothings broke right now and there's nothing to fix. The only thing that might need fixing is contracts after the season so some guys can stay.

Jefehuston
10-04-2013, 04:00 PM
He was voted an All-Pro (not Pro Bowl, All Pro, the one that matters) less than a year ago. That means he was one of the top four cornerbacks in the league. Maybe it isn't "best shutdown corner of all time" territory like where he was in 2004, 5, 6, 7, 8, but it's still elite in this league. A league that PINES for cornerbacks, especially as the league transitions to more spread offenses.

Yes his skills have diminished because he is 35. That alone is not a reason to have a player move from a position he's played since high school to an entirely new position that he's never played. And, it didn't hinder him from making plays last year, allowing very few receptions to the receiver he was covering and shutting down more No. 1s than he got beat by (2, one play to A.J. Green and two against Torrey Smith). He absolutely put the clamps on Dwayne Bowe, Andre Johnson (After he torched Porter) and Steve Smith, and schematically Denver was able to play a little more zone in other games because the other corners are better now.

We have no clue if he could ever be an elite safety, because he's never played the position. The examples that you will bring up in rebuttal to this post (i.e. Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson, really the only two players who were successful at the transition) both played safety in college and high school and the transition was easier for them.

Now, don't get me wrong. His skills would likely translate. But there's absolutely no reason, especially mid-season to change. If this is about that one play that Moore had in that one game, then it's even more short-sighted than the idea that Champ is "ready" (whatever that means) to move to safety. That play is over and gone and the likelihood of that scenario arising in another playoff game is almost nil (literally).

And yes, Denver has young horses at corner that look really good. DRC's speed is impressive, and his cover skills are decent. Chris Harris just makes plays (although he makes them better in the slot), and it looks as if the rookie (name escaping me) and Bolden can play. But none of them can play like Champ Bailey (OK, maybe DRC), and if you do move Bailey to safety, not only are you taking a capable player off the field at safety (Ihenacho or Moore, take your pick, because you're losing one) and putting him in a backup role, you're taking an All-Pro away from the cornerback position, which in turn creates a hole on the field.

Coaches play odds. Moving Bailey to safety doesn't make sense, because you're taking a sure thing at one position and turning it into two unsure things at two positions. Here, I'm going to give you two quarters if you give me that dollar.

well done thanks

Jefehuston
10-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I am really liking our safeties right now too. Moore and Nacho are not giving up anything. Moore really only had one bad play the whole year, it was in the playoffs. Other than that he was great last year and this year seems even better for him. Nothings broke right now and there's nothing to fix. The only thing that might need fixing is contracts after the season so some guys can stay.

true

Thnikkaman
10-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Iie

Joker56
10-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Ok
Listen UP !!!
When Champ comes back we will be moving Manning to free safety
Champ will start as our new QB
and Decker will be the number uno CB

Got it ?
Good
Any Questions ?

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok
Listen UP !!!
When Champ comes back we will be moving Manning to free safety
Champ will start as our new QB
and Decker will be the number uno CB

Got it ?
Good
Any Questions ?

Yes, will Bowlen be our new kicker since Prater hurt his hamstring in practice?

underrated29
10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi Zam, how have you been?

Thats not Zam. Zam is the one who starts with AZ

Joker56
10-04-2013, 04:14 PM
ohhh
i forgot .. yes
and Elway will do kickoffs

GEM
10-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Well hello Zam. Me and my pack will be by your place tonight circling our horses looking for some good new way to screw with you. ;)

Joker56
10-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Ohhh Noooo
Gem is on the Warpath

Krugan
10-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Im pretty sure Champ said he didnt want to, at this point in time, to be a safety.

If he has at any point since that was stated changed his tune about not being able to cover as a corner, then I missed it.

Why is this even a topic? Its not a direct change, this position swap.

Dapper Dan
10-04-2013, 08:02 PM
To the seemingly new person, don't take anything in this thread personal. Talking about moving Champ to Safety is like talking about Tebow around here. It's just not a good idea.

My opinion. Champ will be Safety when he wants to be.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2013, 02:02 AM

Nah.

Nomad
10-05-2013, 09:49 AM
To the seemingly new person, don't take anything in this thread personal. Talking about moving Champ to Safety is like talking about Tebow around here. It's just not a good idea.

My opinion. Champ will be Safety when he wants to be.

Pretty much, unless claymore has his way with Champ.:lol:

BroncoWave
10-05-2013, 12:52 PM
And some people act as if it has nothing to do with our losing the game.

:lol: Please tell me you are joking right now. Even the most ardent of Moore supporters wouldn't deny that his play was a big factor in why we lost. Who are these mystery posters acting as if Moore had nothing to do with the loss?

Hawgdriver
10-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Whoever said, "there's nothing new under the sun" never thought much about individuals. . .but he's dead anyway.

That's kinda meta there, NTL. I approve.

Hawgdriver
10-05-2013, 11:24 PM
He was voted an All-Pro ...

A+.