PDA

View Full Version : Dallas not scared of Peyton Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2013, 05:41 PM
IRVING, Texas -- All due respect to Peyton Manning, but some Dallas Cowboys defenders would rather not participate in all the raving about the Denver Broncos quarterback's record-setting pace.

Manning leads the league in every major passing category entering Sunday's game at AT&T Stadium, having thrown for 1,470 yards and 16 touchdowns without an interception during Denver's 4-0 start. Those numbers, along with Manning's 138.0 passer rating, project to shatter NFL records for a season.

Naturally, Manning's spectacular start has provided ample fodder for media questioning in the Cowboys' locker room this week.

"I'm sick of hearing about Peyton Manning this and that and that," said linebacker Ernie Sims, who expects to replace struggling starter Bruce Carter in the lineup Sunday. "We've got to go out and do what we've got to do. You hear it all the time. Guys walk in the locker room: 'Peyton Manning threw for four touchdowns,' this and that. I'm just sick of it.

rest - http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9765543/dallas-cowboys-defense-sick-hearing-peyton-manning-denver-broncos

Day1BroncoFan
10-03-2013, 06:04 PM
That's the same thing the other loser teams said before we stomped their asses.

Joel
10-03-2013, 06:50 PM
To be fair, what does anyone expect them to say? "Every time I hear his name I wet myself"? No defender's going to say that, let alone to the press, ESPECIALLY if it's true. Dallas being Dallas, they should be more worried about whether they can score than whether they can stop us scoring. They're a talented team WHEN THEY SHOW UP, but they have a bad habit of not doing that. The pass rush worries me a bit, since their offensive line's improved, their pass rush is pretty good and we're missing a Pro Bowl LB and Pro Bowl LT. I'm feeling pretty good about this game overall though.

BroncoNut
10-03-2013, 10:10 PM
To be fair, what does anyone expect them to say? "Every time I hear his name I wet myself"? No defender's going to say that, let alone to the press, ESPECIALLY if it's true. Dallas being Dallas, they should be more worried about whether they can score than whether they can stop us scoring. They're a talented team WHEN THEY SHOW UP, but they have a bad habit of not doing that. The pass rush worries me a bit, since their offensive line's improved, their pass rush is pretty good and we're missing a Pro Bowl LB and Pro Bowl LT. I'm feeling pretty good about this game overall though.

no kidding Joel. we think alike, you just think more, that's really the only difference

Broncolingus
10-03-2013, 10:18 PM
That's the same thing the other loser teams said before we stomped their asses.

No shit...

...when your team is used to getting spanked like a sissy-girl, that's the usual sound-bite and comment.

We'll see on Sunday...

dogfish
10-04-2013, 12:42 AM
yes they are. . .

:D

Ziggy
10-04-2013, 12:44 AM
I like how the Broncos are doing all of their talking on the field. Let the Cowturds talk all they want. Their fans will be booing them by halftime.

Army Bronco
10-04-2013, 02:25 AM
I saw on TOTAL ACCESS that they focused on how teams can beat Denver. There are 4 other undefeated teams. I get that we are kicking ass but it is still too early. I love how we are doing but I would just hate a meltdown like in 09 or 08. Dallas isn't what worries me, its mistakes like Ball fumbling or a lineman missing a block and hurting Manning. Its just too early.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 06:16 AM
I saw on TOTAL ACCESS that they focused on how teams can beat Denver. There are 4 other undefeated teams. I get that we are kicking ass but it is still too early. I love how we are doing but I would just hate a meltdown like in 09 or 08. Dallas isn't what worries me, its mistakes like Ball fumbling or a lineman missing a block and hurting Manning. Its just too early.

The '08 and '09 teams didn't have this much talent and depth on them.

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 07:58 AM

Their pass rush can be contained. Spencer is out, Selvie is injured and Ware has an ailing back. On offense, Austin is still nursing a hamstring. I think their injuries play to our benefit

BroncoWave
10-04-2013, 08:03 AM

This team isn't going to melt down like 08 or 09. The level of talent is in a different stratosphere.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 08:09 AM
What's happening with this team isn't smoke and mirrors.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 08:13 AM
yes they are. . .

:D

I don't know if the Cowboys themselves are but some of their fans are.

Army Bronco
10-04-2013, 08:47 AM

This team isn't going to melt down like 08 or 09. The level of talent is in a different stratosphere. Yeah you all are right. I just feel its almost too good to be true. This is the best overall team we have had in a long time so I hope we finish like it.

BigDaddyBronco
10-04-2013, 09:01 AM
I want them to put another 50 on Dallas.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Yeah you all are right. I just feel its almost too good to be true. This is the best overall team we have had in a long time so I hope we finish like it.

I'm confident they will. I don't think they will go undefeated but they should continue to play very well.

Broncolingus
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
This just came up on Sports-Funny Page...nice!

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1383250_234299833391799_1222605723_n.jpg

Joel
10-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Their pass rush can be contained. Spencer is out, Selvie is injured and Ware has an ailing back. On offense, Austin is still nursing a hamstring. I think their injuries play to our benefit
It's definitely doable, and injuries won't help them, but this is the best rush we've faced since NY, when we still had Clady (at least till it didn't matter.) Dallas is dangerous when they play like they mean it. We should win handily, but it's not a gimme unless they drop the ball.

This team isn't going to melt down like 08 or 09. The level of talent is in a different stratosphere.
I obviously can't speak for others, but don't think talent the principal concern. We needn't go back to '08 or '09 to find a very good Broncos team melting down; fortunately, no one knows that better than the team.

Dzone
10-04-2013, 09:53 AM
radio station in dallas is mocking broncos for choking in playoffs

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 09:54 AM
radio station in dallas is mocking broncos for choking in playoffs

The local Dallas sports stations do stuff like that all the time when Dallas has a game coming up that they have no chance of winning. They have nothing creative to discuss, so they make jokes

GEM
10-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I like how the team is using the loss last year.

Sorry cowpokes, you're an afterthought. You're just a step in the ladder to what really matters. Sorry you aren't as important to the rest of the world as you think you should be.

GEM
10-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I am ready for a good ole Rock em, Sock em, punch Tony in the mouth game come Sunday!! :rockon:

Ravage!!!
10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Going to be a tougher match for the Broncos, and I'm sure they are ready for it. Going to be a good game, and a GREAT win for Denver!

Northman
10-04-2013, 11:32 AM
They should be scared. When a Qb named Phyliss Rivers puts up 400 yds on you there is good reason to be very scared.

BroncoWave
10-04-2013, 11:37 AM
They should be scared. When a Qb named Phyliss Rivers puts up 400 yds on you there is good reason to be very scared.

To be fair, Rivers has been exceptional this season. He'd probably be in the MVP discussion if not for the season Manning is having.

Northman
10-04-2013, 12:21 PM
To be fair, Rivers has been exceptional this season. He'd probably be in the MVP discussion if not for the season Manning is having.

Your such a debbie downer Wave. For once cant you just let me enjoy some Cowboy bashing? lol

BroncoWave
10-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Your such a debbie downer Wave. For once cant you just let me enjoy some Cowboy bashing? lol

Haha, sorry! Please continue.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2013, 01:42 PM

He has played well, but the Chargers don't have the weapons the Broncos do. Dallas's pass coverage has been horrid this year.

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Dallas has a chance if they can pressure up the middle. So, we have to keep the honest by actually running the ball from time to time. If we can have success running, then we can destroy them.

GEM
10-04-2013, 02:55 PM

:beer:

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I want them to put another 50 on Dallas.

This team is averaging about 45 points a game. Another 50 would be nice.

Just can't wait for the matchups against KC and NE. I really want us to give those teams a beatdown.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Dallas has a chance if they can pressure up the middle. So, we have to keep the honest by actually running the ball from time to time. If we can have success running, then we can destroy them.

Last week Denver had 37 attempts passing and 33 attempts rushing the ball.

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 03:55 PM

We also had 52 points on the board early in the 4th quarter. I'm talking about establishing a run game early

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:55 PM

A very good balance. Moreno is proving he is the perfect back for a Manning offense. Defenses dont know who in the hell to cover now. Do we play pass or do we play run, if we play pass the who do we double? If they double then that leaves a mismatch somewhere. Its like we are not really even seeing a whole lot of 3rd downs. Its been 1st down, 2nd down then 1st down, 1st down or 2nd down. Rarely do we even have to convert 3rd downs, which is scary good. Too many options for this offense.

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 03:57 PM
30% of our run attempts have gone for 2 or less yards. I believe I saw that was the worst ration in the NFL.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 03:58 PM
We also had 52 points on the board early in the 4th quarter. I'm talking about establishing a run game early

All due respect, I dont think thats this teams style. Its score score score and score somemore. Ive seen us 1st and goal and Manning already knows he is throwing a TD, zero fear here. When you have the QB we have with the quad group of targets, Decker, Thomas/Thomas and Welker do you really need to establish a run game early?

Ravage!!!
10-04-2013, 03:58 PM
A very good balance. Moreno is proving he is the perfect back for a Manning offense. Defenses dont know who in the hell to cover now. Do we play pass or do we play run, if we play pass the who do we double? If they double then that leaves a mismatch somewhere. Its like we are not really even seeing a whole lot of 3rd downs. Its been 1st down, 2nd down then 1st down, 1st down or 2nd down. Rarely do we even have to convert 3rd downs, which is scary good. Too many options for this offense.

I don't know how you figure that Moreno is proving to be the perfect back.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:00 PM
30% of our run attempts have gone for 2 or less yards. I believe I saw that was the worst ration in the NFL.

Our backs have been pass blocking or catching passes too though. I think Morenos stats stand out from Ball or Hillmans in the run game. Moreno is ranked 17th in the NFL for yards and is averaging 5.2 yards a carry.

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 04:01 PM
All due respect, I dont think thats this teams style. Its score score score and score somemore. Ive seen us 1st and goal and Manning already knows he is throwing a TD, zero fear here. When you have the QB we have with the quad group of targets, Decker, Thomas/Thomas and Welker do you really need to establish a run game early?

No. But if our interior line is as weak against the pass rush as some seem to believe, then we need to keep them honest. The Tampa 2 basically has the interior line watch for a run while they are rushing the QB and is has been sucessful for Dallas at times so far. Neutralize that area and we can totally abuse their weakness at safety.

Granted...I believe we can do that without the run game, but a curveball cant hurt

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Our backs have been pass blocking or catching passes too though. I think Morenos stats stand out from Ball or Hillmans in the run game. Moreno is ranked 17th in the NFL for yards and is averaging 5.2 yards a carry.

I get that. I would just think that a team with a passing game like we have could get a few more surprise runs and not quite so many of the 2 yards or less variety

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:03 PM
We are 13th overall for rushing offense. Not bad when you consider we are getting most of our scoring from passing.

As a team we are averaging 4.0 yards a carry.

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 04:06 PM
We are 13th overall for rushing offense. Not bad when you consider we are getting most of our scoring from passing.

As a team we are averaging 4.0 yards a carry.

I'm just repeating the stat.

jhns
10-04-2013, 04:09 PM

Without breaking it down or knowing anything about it. The large majority of those short runs have been in the 4th when we are closing out games. It will never be a surprise that we are running when up by 20 in the 4th.

It's not even hard to see that this is true. Look at what each back is averaging per carry. Now think about when each back is in the game.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:11 PM

Fair enough, maybe the 30% of 2 yards or less was to just try and run the clock out because the games were so far out of hand. Its like we have had the whole 4th Q in alot of these games to just have the RB run it up the gut and kill the clock so we can all just go home.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Adam Schefter

Chicago WR Brandon Marshall (foot) is probable. Will play.
Dallas WR Miles Austin (hamstring) did not practice all week and is expected to miss game.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Adam Schefter

Chicago WR Brandon Marshall (foot) is probable. Will play.
Dallas WR Miles Austin (hamstring) did not practice all week and is expected to miss game.

I here Ware is also struggling with a nagging neck or back injury. He'll play as far as I know but sounds like he's not 100%.

Broncolingus
10-05-2013, 12:56 AM
I here Ware is also struggling with a nagging neck or back injury. He'll play as far as I know but sounds like he's not 100%.

I hope Ware get's healthy and continues his great career...just after the Denver game :D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-05-2013, 01:44 AM
The earliest memory I have of the Beoncos was in 79 or 80 when Denver beat the Cowboys 42-17. I expect more of the same.

Canmore
10-05-2013, 02:23 AM
If Dallas isn't concerned about Peyton, they are idiots.

Dapper Dan
10-05-2013, 03:06 AM
Sorry. Haven't seen this posted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000255278/article/ernie-sims-im-sick-of-hearing-about-peyton-manning

"I'm sick of hearing about Peyton Manning," Sims said, per The Dallas Morning News. "We just got to go out there and do what we've got to do."

Said Sims: "You hear it all the time when a guy walks into the locker room: 'Peyton Manning threw for four touchdowns, this and that.' Yeah, he's a great player. You can't take that away from him. But at the end of the day, we're all competitors. And me being a competitor, I don't like that. I am ready to play football."

Breaking news: Ernie Sims is still in the NFL. Apparently, he's a Cowboy.

DenBronx
10-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Ehhh Dallas is going to get beat like a drum. Deep down they are scared but they are trying to psych themselves into actually believing they arent. Go ahead and prepare like we are a bottom 5 team then Ernie......see what happens. lol

Broncolingus
10-05-2013, 04:20 AM
"I'm sick of hearing about Peyton Manning," Sims said, per The Dallas Morning News. "We just got to go out there and do what we've got to do."

Said Sims: "You hear it all the time when a guy walks into the locker room: 'Peyton Manning threw for four touchdowns, this and that.' Yeah, he's a great player. You can't take that away from him. But at the end of the day, we're all competitors. And me being a competitor, I don't like that. I am ready to play football."

I agree that opposing players shouldn't blow all over other teams or infer in any way how they might get their asses kicked...

...but I think in this case, IF you need to give somebody a sound-bite, simply say 'we'll show up and let our play do the talking' or something like that...and leave it at that.

...NO need to speak to 'how sick' you are about hearing about Manning (or any other star/team for that matter), cause that just show's he's already in your head, dude.

JMO...

Hey - 5000 posts :D

Dapper Dan
10-05-2013, 05:05 AM
I agree that opposing players shouldn't blow all over other teams or infer in any way how they might get their asses kicked...

...but I think in this case, IF you need to give somebody a sound-bite, simply say 'we'll show up and let our play do the talking' or something like that...and leave it at that.

...NO need to speak to 'how sick' you are about hearing about Manning (or any other star/team for that matter), cause that just show's he's already in your head, dude.

JMO...

Hey - 5000 posts :D

:cheers:

Nomad
10-05-2013, 05:48 AM
While I think the BRONCOS win, I believe the score will be more like 35-23. And if the BRONCOS choke and lose, don't turn on ESPN.:lol:

TXBRONC
10-05-2013, 07:18 AM
The earliest memory I have of the Beoncos was in 79 or 80 when Denver beat the Cowboys 42-17. I expect more of the same.

The Beoncos? :D

Ravage!!!
10-05-2013, 10:37 AM
The Beoncos? :D

Byoncos was last year's team .... "if you like it you shoulda put a ring on it..."

TXBRONC
10-05-2013, 08:41 PM
If Dallas isn't concerned about Peyton, they are idiots.

Simms aside I think on the whole they probably are.

TXBRONC
10-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Byoncos was last year's team .... "if you like it you shoulda put a ring on it..."

I can't my wife would kill me or worse. :shocked: