PDA

View Full Version : Prater Injured Right Calf at Practice

LTC Pain
10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
So, who's the backup kicker if Prater can't go versus the Cowgirls??? Per PFT:

Broncos K Matt Prater was added to the injury report Thursday, getting in a limited session with a right calf injury.
That's Prater's kicking leg. The mid-week add to the injury report suggests he suffered the injury in practice. Prater will likely test his leg on Friday before determining his Week 5 status. For now, he should be considered 50-50. Source: Broncos on Twitter

claymore
10-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Well, now we just go for 2 points.

LTC Pain
10-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Why not :salute:

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 03:38 PM
someone will have to kick off after all the TDs.

Think they will allow us to do it "sand box" style, and just THROW the ball down field after we score?

LTC Pain
10-03-2013, 03:42 PM

Think they will allow us to do it "sand box" style, and just THROW the ball down field after we score?

Wonder of Oz could throw it out of the opposing end zone from our 35 yard line???

SR
10-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Good job Joel

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 04:00 PM
As good as our offense is, we might actually be better off going for 2 every time. We'd never do it, but I would like our chances at scoring from the 2 half the time.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 04:42 PM
As good as our offense is, we might actually be better off going for 2 every time. We'd never do it, but I would like our chances at scoring from the 2 half the time.

I think the NFL average is over 50% already. Not sure though.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Wonder of Oz could throw it out of the opposing end zone from our 35 yard line???

Hah.. well...thats just as 75 yrd throw. If nothing else, maybe he can throw it on a deep "line" and skip it. I just HEAVE it at one of the front line guys and bounce it off their helmets!

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 04:47 PM
I think the NFL average is over 50% already. Not sure though.

It's right around 50. I seriously think this offense could make more than half of them. Like I said though, no NFL coach would ever do it.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 04:49 PM
It's right around 50. I seriously think this offense could make more than half of them. Like I said though, no NFL coach would ever do it.

I think the patriots were going for 2 a lot of the time during their their run for undefeated season.

Plus.. if you hvae an injured kicker, it gives you the "excuse" to go for 2 every time so that it doesn't look like you are tyring to run up the score.

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 04:49 PM
On the other hand though, that rate would probably drop below 50 if teams went for it every time. I say that because the current rate is probably skewed by things like teams getting penalties on the XP and getting to go for it from the one, and other things like teams catching the defense off guard when they weren't expecting a 2pt attempt. If teams knew to expect it every time they would probably stop it more often.

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 04:51 PM
I think the patriots were going for 2 a lot of the time during their their run for undefeated season.

Plus.. if you hvae an injured kicker, it gives you the "excuse" to go for 2 every time so that it doesn't look like you are tyring to run up the score.

Just looked it up. They kicked 74 extra points that season, so it doesn't seem like it.

GEM
10-03-2013, 04:53 PM
One team had their punter doing field goals last weekend, he made the kick. :shrugs: Not the best scenario, but can make it work for a week or 2.

Joel
10-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Håvard Rugland FTW? Hopes and prayers it's just minor and Prater's good to go against Dallas.

Magnificent Seven
10-03-2013, 05:41 PM

Indeed!

Az Snake
10-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Good job Joel

That's the first thing that I thought of when I saw this thread.
:rolleyes:

Army Bronco
10-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Good job JoelHe jinxed him. Please prevent him from posting about any other Broncos player.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-04-2013, 06:16 AM

Welker can kick in a pinch. I remember a game he played for the dolphins where their kicker got hurt and Welker kicked off and did extra points. No, he's not going to bomb 50 yard FGs but I've seen him kick extra points

Tned
10-04-2013, 06:28 AM
I haven't seen anything about the Broncos signing a place kicker, so that likely means they think Prater can kick. Even if they opt to use Colquitt for kickoffs, and save Prater for extra points and FG attempts, my guess is that he's ready to go, unless we see them sign a kicker today.

Joel
10-04-2013, 09:36 AM
He jinxed him. Please prevent him from posting about any other Broncos player.
Hold the phone, Mabel: I didn't make the thread, just respond to it. So did several other people. The real voodoo villain here is clearly Sneakers. :tongue:

Broncolingus
10-04-2013, 11:17 PM
****-ing injuries...:tsk: