PDA

View Full Version : Chris Harris is Footballs Most Underrated Player.... By Far

BSN Denver
10-03-2013, 12:33 PM
*This is the first in a four part series in which I will tell the stories and bring attention to four Denver Broncos players that were given one small chance by one big team and made the most of it. Enjoy and please share.

By Brandon Spano

Chris Harris Jr. was a sophomore at the University of Kansas when a young walk-on linebacker named Steven from Wallingford, Pennsylvania needed a place to stay. According to Chris, “Steven needed a place to stay before he got on scholarship, (pausing and then laughing) we ended up with some pretty funny college stories.”......
Continue Reading (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=chris-harris-is-footballs-most)

Joel
10-03-2013, 06:32 PM
"What’s even more compelling is that Chris made his name on the team and around the league by efficient tackling and hard nose slot play. Not something that most cornerbacks can hang their hat on."

That was the first thing I noticed about him, partly because CBs treating tackling as Deions "business decision" is the norm, and partly because Champ's one of the few exceptions not only willing but eager to dive into a running play and bring bigger running backs down for a loss. Harris is the same way, to the point I wonder how much of that he got from Champ. Neither of them fixates on ringing bells (probably a good thing the way the rules are now,) but DO concentrate on never missing tackles.

That's not to diminish Harris consistently shutting down his man and grabbing timely picks (the pick six coming out of the end zone against Flacco last year must be near the top of his highlight reel.) He's just an all around great corner, and this teams future at the position unless we make the ghastly mistake of losing him to free agency. I'm not sure how underrated he is anymore, because he's no longer our best kept secret (certainly not if Vick ignored him all night in favor of throwing at Cromartie in a game where they HAD to throw—a lot.) Yet if staying under the radar keeps his salary demands low, fine by me.

If not, he's definitely worth top dollar, and I wouldn't begrudge it. Kid's a future/present star, one of my favorite Broncos and someone whose already critical role I'm overjoyed to see increasing. :salute:

Day1BroncoFan
10-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Great story.

DenBronx
10-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Good article. I have been saying this since last year. Teams are now scared to throw it his way which speaks volumes about a CB.