PDA

View Full Version : Romo bashes Broncos

Mr Bojangles
10-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Talk about punching the gorilla in the face!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tony-romo-begins-working-refs-advance-cowboys-game-130527456--nfl.html

Hope the Broncos spank him!

Dzone
10-03-2013, 10:55 AM
was hoping there would be a thread started on this topic. Romo is an idiot. Not to mention the fact that he is a shitty quarterback
btw, best avatar youve had so faR, jangles

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Good to see he has his built-in excuse for when they get spanked on Sunday.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2013, 11:10 AM
The Denver Broncos and the Dallas Cowboys are slated to square off on Sunday afternoon. And while anyone not wearing a blue-star tattoo expects Denver to roll handily — the Broncos are roughly eight-point favorites, even on the road — that's not stopping Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo from trying to shade some matchups in his favor.

Romo, speaking to the media on Tuesday, zeroed in on the Broncos' secondary. "They grab, they hold, they've almost put a lot of pressure on the refs – whether or not they're going to call the game close or not," he said. "If they get called once or twice, that's a good thing. But they're all over guys as far as using the little tricks, I guess you could say, that good linebackers and good secondaries use when they're playing man coverage."

Romo also noted that he didn't think the Broncos' secondary had been penalized enough, but as USA Today noted, Denver has had ten penalties in that area: five for defensive pass interference, four for defensive holding, and one for illegal contact. Seven penalties came against the New York Giants, which seems, well, unnecessary.

rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tony-romo-begins-working-refs-advance-cowboys-game-130527456--nfl.html

I do not see it as Romo bashing the Broncos, but rather trying to get help from the refs, as I am sure he knows the "Girls" will need all of the help they can get.

GEM
10-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Refs fault....check.
Cheating....check.
Whining....check.

IT'S COWBOYS WEEK! :laugh:

Get the excuse up early, Tony. :laugh:

No wonder Jerry's kept you around this long with your dismal on the field play, you share a lot of whine and crackers...:lol:

Mr Bojangles
10-03-2013, 11:14 AM
rest - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tony-romo-begins-working-refs-advance-cowboys-game-130527456--nfl.html

I do not see it as Romo bashing the Broncos, but rather trying to get help from the refs, as I am sure he knows the "Girls" will need all of the help they can get.

Yahoo lead in was...."Romo Calls Out Bronco Players".

I took that as bashing them.....but, whatever!

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 11:15 AM
I agree with Carol this isn't bash it's Romo is always hustling the refs before the game.

spikerman
10-03-2013, 11:17 AM

This. He's just trying to put it in the officials' heads so they'll call it a little tighter.

Mr Bojangles
10-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I agree with Carol this isn't bash it's Romo is always hustling the refs before the game.

Of course that's what he's doing. That's pretty obvious.

But he's calling out Broncos players in order to accomplish it!

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Of course that's what he's doing. That's pretty obvious.

But he's calling out Broncos players in order to accomplish it!

He didn't call out anyone specifically and even if did who give royal shit except for you.

Northman
10-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Little does he know all he did was put up more bulletin board material to make Denver want to smash them even harder. Good job Homo.

claymore
10-03-2013, 11:35 AM
I <3 our DB's.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Yahoo lead in was...."Romo Calls Out Bronco Players".

I took that as bashing them.....but, whatever!

I was not directing anything at you in my post. I did not hear Yahoo's lead, and my comments were made on what was in the article.

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Little does he know all he did was put up more bulletin board material to make Denver want to smash them even harder. Good job Homo.

Eh, I don't really think bulletin board material is a thing. Once they get on the field, I doubt anyone is thinking about what a player said during the week.

Northman
10-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Eh, I don't really think bulletin board material is a thing. Once they get on the field, I doubt anyone is thinking about what a player said during the week.

Of course not, they are on the field concentrating on the game.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 12:11 PM

You would be surprised. The DB makes a great play on the ball, keeps a WR from catching the ball, or we get a cover sack....you don't think that the DBs point and smile at Romo? I bet they do.

bcbronc
10-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Lol, in this era of football, hard to take serious any complaints about DBs getting away with too much.

Hoping the refs take offence to being called out and call the cowbabies secondary just that little bit tighter.

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 12:31 PM
You would be surprised. The DB makes a great play on the ball, keeps a WR from catching the ball, or we get a cover sack....you don't think that the DBs point and smile at Romo? I bet they do.

Ok, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have made that play without "bulletin board material".

GEM
10-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Lol, in this era of football, hard to take serious any complaints about DBs getting away with too much.

Hoping the refs take offence to being called out and call the cowbabies secondary just that little bit tighter.

The db's aren't left with a lot in this NFL. Then whiner butt decides to take some more away. Does it matter, Homo....you can't make a completion downfield anyways. Your WR is too busy getting his babysitting for the weekend set up. :shocked:

:lol:

Broncolingus
10-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Refs fault....check.
Cheating....check.
Whining....check.

IT'S COWBOYS WEEK! :laugh:

Get the excuse up early, Tony. :laugh:

No wonder Jerry's kept you around this long with your dismal on the field play, you share a lot of whine and crackers...:lol:

http://static3.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/best+post+ever+umm+i+mean+this+is+_a65e7f48d9e7874 ecf1e4ea002b17c8a.jpg

Mr Bojangles
10-03-2013, 02:19 PM
I was not directing anything at you in my post. I did not hear Yahoo's lead, and my comments were made on what was in the article.

Fair enough, I believe you. But it's a little ridiculous that I can't post a simple report without some of these people looking for a confrontation, apparently because it came from me!

I was simply trying to point out that Romo is a whiney little jerk who chose a foolish way to get the officials' attention.

Broncolingus
10-03-2013, 02:23 PM
http://sports-memes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/559846_118266978355667_1498967265_n.jpg

Army Bronco
10-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Fair enough, I believe you. But it's a little ridiculous that I can't post a simple report without some of these people looking for a confrontation, apparently because it came from me!

I was simply trying to point out that Romo is a whiney little jerk who chose a foolish way to get the officials' attention. I knew what you were getting at. I read this article earlier and thought the same thing. Romo can't just compliment the secondary. He might as well just said. Yeah, their DBs all cheat.

Apollo
10-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Always dislike it when players start talking rubbish before the game. It's a sign of weakness. Anyway, he'll get taught a lesson come game day.

Davii
10-03-2013, 03:31 PM

I was simply trying to point out that Romo is a whiney little jerk who chose a foolish way to get the officials' attention.

Nobody was looking for a confrontation, they disagreed with your characterization of Romo's words as bashing. That's hardly being confrontational.

GEM
10-03-2013, 03:41 PM

You aren't that important. ;)

Day1BroncoFan
10-03-2013, 04:07 PM
obviously room is scared of us.

Ziggy
10-03-2013, 04:07 PM
That's it Romo, give the highest scoring offense in NFL history a reason to keep the pedal to the metal. Moron.

Davii
10-03-2013, 04:11 PM
You aren't important.

Fify

Joel
10-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Ask Terry Bradshaw what he thinks of Hollywood Henderson. ;)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-03-2013, 05:05 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo had a lot to say about the Broncos secondary Wednesday afternoon.

It started out complimentary enough.

“They’re good," he said in a conference call. "I think this is as fast a back seven as I’ve seen in some time. They play very good in tight spaces. They do a great job with their hands."

Then he specified what he meant by the defensive backs using their hands.

rest - comments from Champ and DelRio, plus video

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Romo-Broncos-DBs-Are-All-Over-Guys/59d3d5a0-b758-462a-be33-e0a668319320

ShaneFalco
10-03-2013, 05:12 PM
cowboys are such little bitches

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Ask Terry Bradshaw what he thinks of Hollywood Henderson. ;)

Probably not a damn thing given the fact Henderson apologized years ago.

BroncoNut
10-03-2013, 10:04 PM

You tried to hijack the thread Carol. someone beat you to a link, big deal let it go

Joel
10-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Probably not a damn thing given the fact Henderson apologized years ago.
Well, Hollywood's done a lot of growing up since the bad old days, and Bradshaw has his four Rings to comfort him, but I doubt he's forgotten it, and am sure it motivated him for the game (if he needed motivation.)

Broncolingus
10-03-2013, 10:21 PM
I don't know about how much he 'trashed' the Broncos, but Tony needs to worry about winning some playoff games and not Denver, their DBs, and just other things in general...

CoachChaz
10-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Romo does this same shit every week. It's just who he is

Dzone
10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
You tried to hijack the thread Carol. someone beat you to a link, big deal let it go
I seriously doubt Carol even cares

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Well, Hollywood's done a lot of growing up since the bad old days, and Bradshaw has his four Rings to comfort him, but I doubt he's forgotten it, and am sure it motivated him for the game (if he needed motivation.)

Well they have put it behind them ok maybe you hold grudges but that doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

GEM
10-04-2013, 11:08 AM

Shut up, nut.

slim
10-04-2013, 01:37 PM

Jason Garrett disagrees with you.

BroncoNut
10-06-2013, 03:10 PM
I seriously doubt Carol even cares

I seriously doubt that you have much of a sense of humor

Nomad
10-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Romo wasn't wrong:whoknows:

SR
10-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Romo wasn't wrong:whoknows:

Absolutely not. The Cowboys deserve a ton of credit. Helluva game

LTC Pain
10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Romo lost, end of analysis!

weazel
10-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Romo lost, end of analysis!

not because of Romo...

Broncolingus
10-06-2013, 07:22 PM
He certainly backed it up...set basically every franchise record there was to set.

...of course the last drive where the DL DID generate pressure on both snaps, the ole' Tony we all know and love showed up :D

...but no, like so many other Cowgirl games, Tony didn't 'lose' this one.

Northman
10-06-2013, 07:36 PM
He backed it up until he did what Romo does. Word to wise Romo, you have to play a complete game to win bubba. You still suck donkey balls and i stand by that 100%. Our defense just happened to suck enough for you too look like Montana. But you lost because well....your Romo. Thanks for the clutch INT bitch.

ShaneFalco
10-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I knew he was going to throw an int on that drive. I could have bet a million dollars and still not be nervous. Because romo delivers everytime. He is the opposite of Tebow Time.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't think Danny T is getting enough credit for making a great play there. Manning's pick was a much worst throw.

DenBronx
10-06-2013, 08:19 PM
not because of Romo...

As good as he played weazel, it kind of was because of Romo. No one made him throw such a costly INT. That one single INT lost them the game.

DenBronx
10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't think Danny T is getting enough credit for making a great play there. Manning's pick was a much worst throw.

Mannings INT was just way underthrown.

Looking back, Romo had the easy checkdown with Murray but instead he threw it into triple coverage. Murray would have got them a 1st down easy with alot of field to the left side. So, as good as a play Danny made, it was an even bigger bone headed play by Romo.

DenBronx
10-06-2013, 08:55 PM
He went full Romo. Never go full Romo.

wayninja
10-06-2013, 09:27 PM

Manning's pick was bad, but the DB made an Awesome play to catch that ball, he basically stopped the ball in mid-air with is fingertips giving him enough time to regroup underneath it. It was far from a 'gimme' pick.

wayninja
10-06-2013, 09:29 PM
He backed it up until he did what Romo does. Word to wise Romo, you have to play a complete game to win bubba. You still suck donkey balls and i stand by that 100%. Our defense just happened to suck enough for you too look like Montana. But you lost because well....your Romo. Thanks for the clutch INT bitch.

This. He played lights out until the very end and then gave it up. You can put up all the numbers you want, but if you make the mistake that costs the game, then you cost your team the game.

I'll admit that the only reason the cowboys were in it at all was because of Romo, but it doesn't change the fact that he couldn't seal the deal.

Hawgdriver
10-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Both picks were bad. Romo's was characteristically bad.

SR
10-06-2013, 09:36 PM
He is the opposite of Tebow Time.

Yep...he's still employed.

BroncoWave
10-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Both picks were bad. Romo's was characteristically bad.

Peyton's pick was worse than Romo's. Trevathan just made an outstanding play on Romo's pick. Manning threw a duck right to a defender.

wayninja
10-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Peyton's pick was worse than Romo's. Trevathan just made an outstanding play on Romo's pick. Manning threw a duck right to a defender.

Romo's pick cost his team the game.

You need to re-watch Manning's pick. It wasn't as bad as you are making it. Sure, it was definitely underthrown, but the DB made a great finger-tip double-grab on it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-06-2013, 09:51 PM

You need to re-watch Manning's pick. It wasn't as bad as you are making it. Sure, it was definitely underthrown, but the DB made a great finger-tip double-grab on it.

Romo isn't the one who gave up 51 points. Not many lb's would have made that play.

tomjonesrocks
10-06-2013, 09:52 PM

You must be joking. Manning has been speechlessly good but that pass was a Pennington-style duck. I don't know if he thought the WR would come back or what but it was ugly.

If he's thrown that last year there would have been arm strength speculation.

wayninja
10-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Romo isn't the one who gave up 51 points. Not many lb's would have made that play.

I agree, I didn't say he was to blame for their defense. He was the only reason they were in that game. He's also the reason they lost. Without Romo, they get destroyed. With Romo, they lose at the very end because of a very bad decision by Romo.

wayninja
10-06-2013, 09:54 PM
You must be joking. Manning has been speechlessly good but that pass was a Pennington-style duck. I don't know if he thought the WR would come back or what but it was ugly.

It was definitely ugly. Very underthrown. I'm not sure what else I said that I must be joking about. Look at it again. The DB makes a really good grab.

Hawgdriver
10-06-2013, 10:09 PM

Sure, sure. I just mean that Romo has a rap for lack of mental toughness.

Northman
10-07-2013, 04:15 AM

True, just like Peyton didnt give up 48. Bottom line is though with the game on the line Romo did the thing that he could not afford to do. Turn it over. Mannings pick was bad, way underthrown but at least Manning came back and made up for it when he needed too. The same cant be said for Romo. I was talking to a Cowboys fan after the game and i told him i was a bit surprised they didnt utilize Murray more. While they were having massive success in the passing game they became very transparent as well which eventually lead to the INT when Romo got greedy and tried to force it.

BroncoWave
10-07-2013, 05:52 AM
Man, I really don't think people are giving Trevathan any credit at all for making a great play. When Romo threw the ball, the RB had a step on Trevathan and looked open. I don't see how you can consider that "forcing" the ball in there. Trevathan had been getting abused in the passing game all day, so why should Romo have assumed he would suddenly make a great play? I give Trevathan 90% of the credit for that pick, and only 10% of the blame to Romo.

Northman
10-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Man, I really don't think people are giving Trevathan any credit at all for making a great play. When Romo threw the ball, the RB had a step on Trevathan and looked open. I don't see how you can consider that "forcing" the ball in there. Trevathan had been getting abused in the passing game all day, so why should Romo have assumed he would suddenly make a great play? I give Trevathan 90% of the credit for that pick, and only 10% of the blame to Romo.

Tre made a great play, but considering how well Tony had been doing all day and his history with fubar decisions in crunch time i lean more too a bad decision and forced throw. There was even talk that Murray was wide open on the outside yet Tony decided to throw to a guy who was basically blanketed by Tre and another defender.

Skinny
10-07-2013, 07:37 AM
http://kentuckysports.co/images/easyblog_images/73/romo-interception-against-broncos.gif

LTC Pain
10-07-2013, 08:25 AM
The Cowboy's TE was open on the play and Romo didn't force anything. Trevathan just made a tremendous play to close the gap and snag the INT. You can clearly see this in clip above that Skinny posted.

CoachChaz
10-07-2013, 08:31 AM
If Romo can step into that throw, it's probably completed. At the last second, the pressure forced him to throw it without any push off.

Northman
10-07-2013, 08:54 AM
The Cowboy's TE was open on the play and Romo didn't force anything. Trevathan just made a tremendous play to close the gap and snag the INT. You can clearly see this in clip above that Skinny posted.

I can clearly see that Murray is WIDE open underneath. Tre isnt very far behind the TE but made a great lunge but the TE is far from wide open. lmao

BroncoWave
10-07-2013, 09:01 AM
I can clearly see that Murray is WIDE open underneath. Tre isnt very far behind the TE but made a great lunge but the TE is far from wide open. lmao

You have to remember the fact that QBs make progressions though. The RB underneath is usually the last resort on many plays. Given that he saw the TE who looked open and he was facing pressure, he had to get the ball out there. No QB can see everyone on the field at once.

Army Bronco
10-07-2013, 09:17 AM

I can clearly see that Murray is WIDE open underneath. Tre isnt very far behind the TE but made a great lunge but the TE is far from wide open. lmaoI agree that the TE is not wide open but it appears as though he is breaking away at that moment. Then Tre jumps.

Joker56
10-07-2013, 09:21 AM
One second its another nice completion by Romo...
and next second .....
Who da eff was that Masked Man ?

TXBRONC
10-07-2013, 09:26 AM
There are style points for throwing a pick. The only importance is what impact does it have on the game. Payton's interception didn't effect the outcome Romo's did.

GEM
10-07-2013, 09:26 AM
http://kentuckysports.co/images/easyblog_images/73/romo-interception-against-broncos.gif

That's a great play on Danny T's part.

Nomad
10-07-2013, 09:48 AM

Penalties........BRONCOS 5-55 and Cowboys 9-81. I guess it didn't help:lol:

Northman
10-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I agree that the TE is not wide open but it appears as though he is breaking away at that moment. Then Tre jumps.

And yet another Bronco defender is coming off his man and heading toward the TE. While QB's can thread the needle this particular read was a much lower completion percentage than what people are trying to imply. Again, this is the kind of things that have plagued Tony Romo from day one. Its just kind of funny to me when people rip into a guy like Cutler for making the same kind of mistakes only to give a pass to Romo because he puts up pretty stats. As for reading through his progressions, once the pressure started forcing his hand he should of already gone to his check down which was Murray.

TXBRONC
10-07-2013, 09:56 AM

Yeah and Some Cowboys fans are whinny that they got jobbed by the refrees.

Northman
10-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Depends. I think the Cowboys got (1) holding penalty and i think it was on Murray who had to grab a LB who was basically jumping over him. The Denver dline was getting clothes lined and grabbed throughout the day. Sounds to me like there was some major home cooking there.

wayninja
10-07-2013, 10:05 AM
It's a really good play by Trevathan, but honestly, the best he can hope for with that throw is that it's batted away. Maybe not all LB's make a pick on that, but 95% of them get a hand on that pass. It wasn't a good decision, and the TE was not open.

There was a defender to the left and underneath, a defender coming in from the right, and a defender coming in over the top. I'm not sure how anyone could see that as 'wide open'.

Maybe he thought Trevathan was at full stride and underestimated his ability to speed up with the ball in the air? I don't know, but it was still a game breaking decision by Romo.

Skinny
10-07-2013, 10:24 AM
One second its another nice completion by Romo...
and next second .....
Who da eff was that Masked Man ?Somebody put a cape on that sumbitch!

Skinny
10-07-2013, 10:25 AM
It was 2nd and 16 i believe. He should have dumped it off but i'm glad he didn't.

LTC Pain
10-07-2013, 11:57 AM

Please take note that I opined the Cowgirl TE is "open", vice "wide open" :) Suttle difference but worth clarifying.

Earendil
10-07-2013, 01:53 PM
Depends. I think the Cowboys got (1) holding penalty and i think it was on Murray who had to grab a LB who was basically jumping over him. The Denver dline was getting clothes lined and grabbed throughout the day. Sounds to me like there was some major home cooking there.

The losing team's fans always complain about the refs. It's a fact of life. (Trust me, I've been a Bengals fan for 35 years, I know losing... :lol:)