PDA

View Full Version : Pretty cool tidbit on this year's team. **CONFIRMED**

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Someone posted this on the Broncos section of Reddit and it was a pretty cool little story. I have no idea if it's true or not, but I'm going to assume it is.

So to make a very long story a short one, my sister served line backer Steven Johnson at a restaurant here in the Denver area and they talk now. Anyways she was texting him about how good the team is. He said they are playing pissed off. She asked how they manage to do that and he said every night before game day, the team gathers together and watches, from the first kickoff to the final field goal, the 2013 Divisional Playoff loss to Baltimore.
I just thought that was an interesting tid bit that was worth sharing. This team really is out for revenge.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/1nn3iz/thought_id_share_something_with_everyone_the/

If this story is true it gives some good insight into the mindset of the team and shows that they probably won't be getting complacent any time soon. Imagine how pissed off Moore must play having to relive that game every week.

Northman
10-03-2013, 08:49 AM
They should be pissed off and i hope it keeps them motivated all the way to a SB title.

PatriotsGuy
10-03-2013, 08:58 AM
I really really doubt that it's true.

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 09:01 AM
They should be pissed off and i hope it keeps them motivated all the way to a SB title.

Another way to keep themselves motivated is just listen to Suggs when he runs his big mouth.

Broncolingus
10-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Another way to keep themselves motivated is just listen to Suggs when he runs his big mouth.

Nice...:D

OrangeHoof
10-03-2013, 09:42 AM

Not only that but they would be wasting four hours watching it each time unless they had it edited down to just the snaps. I think you could condense this to under five minutes and still get the same point.

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Not only that but they would be wasting four hours watching it each time unless they had it edited down to just the snaps. I think you could condense this to under five minutes and still get the same point.

On NFLN you can watch condensed games in about 30 to 40 minutes.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 09:49 AM

Maybe they don't consider it a waste

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 09:53 AM

A condensed version of the game could be watched in less than hour.

G_Money
10-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Gotta add in some time for throwing up and punching walls. Call it an hour and ten.

~G

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 10:23 AM
It could very well be made up, but nothing about the story is completely unreasonable. I have NFL game rewind and you can watch every snap in about 30 minutes. With the 2OT game it might take close to an hour, but still not too much time.

PatriotsGuy
10-03-2013, 10:23 AM
They're professionals, I think they can motivate themselves just fine.

BroncoWave
10-03-2013, 10:30 AM

Who says they can't? If they really are doing this though, it's clearly not hurting things.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 10:35 AM

I don't think anyone is talking about "motivation".. but inspiration.

Nothing inspires as much as emotion. Even professionals use tools to bring forth certain emotions that just can't be manufactured. Professional actors will ofter revisit an emotional tortured time in their life to bring forth an emotional response. Not much different in this case IF some players want to rekindle that emotional, gut, feeling to the loss of that game.

Athletes are no different than any other person or professional. People will often find inspiration and motivation in another's story of overcoming incredible odds to survive or overcome illness.

Dzone
10-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Just show ray lewis dancing into the stadium. having to watch that every week would piss anyone off

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 10:40 AM

This by no means is an indication that they are incapable of motivating themselves. Don't tell that the Patriots didn't Spygate as one of the ways to motivate themselves to try and prove they weren't cheaters.

PatriotsGuy
10-03-2013, 10:55 AM
This by no means is an indication that they are incapable of motivating themselves. Don't tell that the Patriots didn't Spygate as one of the ways to motivate themselves to try and prove they weren't cheaters.

I'm sure they did. All I am saying is I find it unlikely that the Broncos team is gathered around watching footage of that loss to motivate themselves before every game they play. If you want to believe that, then more power to you.

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm sure they did. All I am saying is I find it unlikely that the Broncos team is gathered around watching footage of that loss to motivate themselves before every game they play. If you want to believe that, then more power to you.

I don't care either way. I'm just being a part of conversation bud.

claymore
10-03-2013, 11:32 AM

I think it would lose the message after the 3rd or 4th time watching it. Unless all 53 starters got to punch Raheem in the balls at the exact moment he mistimed the jump.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2013, 12:13 PM
I think it would lose the message after the 3rd or 4th time watching it. Unless all 53 starters got to punch Raheem in the balls at the exact moment he mistimed the jump.

That and Bailey after the second TD went over his head.

spikerman
10-03-2013, 12:43 PM
That and Bailey after the second TD went over his head.

Maybe they're stomping on his foot. It would explain a lot.

MOtorboat
10-03-2013, 12:50 PM
A.) I wanna know if Trevathan got laid.

And

B.) That line worked!?

Joel
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
The point is it's plausible, though the effect might be somewhat less on guys like Cromartie and the rookies. If that game's NOT eating their hearts out till they win a SB they probably never will. It's happened before: Dallas, when SFs NFCCG win cost them a threepeat; GB, when they lost the NFCCG to Dallas the next year; Denver, when the AFCs #1 seed was one-and-done against a team only two years old.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:17 PM
DENVER — If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

Sincerely,
Your first grade teacher.

Apparently you and the Denver Broncos didn’t have the same first grade teacher.

After every one of their blowout wins so far this season, the Broncos’ offense has hosted a players-only meeting to re-watch every one of their “blown plays.” They continue to re-watch those plays until someone either fesses up to a blunder or is called out by Peyton Manning, the film session’s unofficial (and yet completely official) ring leader.

There is little chance that the game tape from their crushing 2012 playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens sparks positive dialogue in a room full of blue and orange. And yet each of the Bronco offense’s weekly film sessions isn’t complete without a screening of every minute of that horror flick.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://kdvr.com/2013/10/04/negative-reinforcement-unbeaten-broncos-watch-2012-playoff-loss-each-weekly/

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Wow! Talk about motivation! This team still holds a grudge about this game. No wonder we came out of the gates swinging. I remember how mad we were about the 1996 playoff loss then we came back to the next year angry and won it all.

GEM
10-04-2013, 04:48 PM
:lol: Someone else said the team was doing this within the last week and they were called a liar. :laugh:

GEM
10-04-2013, 04:50 PM
So this has now been confirmed by article.

http://kdvr.com/2013/10/04/negative-reinforcement-unbeaten-broncos-watch-2012-playoff-loss-each-weekly/

BroncoJoe
10-04-2013, 04:51 PM
should merge the two threads.

LawDog
10-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Perfection, every game, every play, every player. If everyone on the team shares that mindset, they are going to have a very successful year.

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Well looks like Franklin just confirmed we do. It's got to be awkward in the room when we get to the Rahim Moore play. lol

I just deleted that game from my DVR about a week ago to make room for games this year.

GEM
10-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Well looks like Franklin just confirmed we do. It's got to be awkward in the room when we get to the Rahim Moore play. lol

I just deleted that game from my DVR about a week ago to make room for games this year.

I love me some Orlando Franklin. He has his facebook set up as a regular person, not as a player/celebrity. He actually friends you himself and talks back and forth with people. I talked to him once. Cool effing dude!!

DenBronx
10-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I love me some Orlando Franklin. He has his facebook set up as a regular person, not as a player/celebrity. He actually friends you himself and talks back and forth with people. I talked to him once. Cool effing dude!!

No you didnt and I laugh at that statement. Do you have proof Gem?? :laugh:

iLands
10-04-2013, 06:15 PM
I came here today to post the same thing. Glad to see this confirmation.

We hit people in the mouth this year. I don't want to stop.

Also, is it a wonder Rahim is playing on another level this year?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Maybe this is why we are so physical.

I heart Manning.

NightTrainLayne
10-04-2013, 06:57 PM
There is a significant difference in watching the "blown plays" and watching the entire game. But I still question how motivating it will be after a few more weeks.

Still cool though. I hope that they remain as motivated through January.

BroncoWave
10-04-2013, 07:50 PM
:lol: Someone else said the team was doing this within the last week and they were called a liar. :laugh:

That was me, and it was Pags saying it was a lie. Suck it Pags!!!

Dzone
10-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Hope they call Fox into the room to watch when we kneeled down at the end of regulation and also show him on 3rd and 7 running Hillman into the line for no gain...maybe he wont be so damn conservative next time

Tned
10-04-2013, 09:27 PM

I haven't deleted it, but havn't brought myself to watch it. I was in the stands, but have never watched it on tv.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

GEM
10-04-2013, 11:57 PM
No you didnt and I laugh at that statement. Do you have proof Gem?? :laugh:

Well now I am sad. Davii informed me via MHS that Orlando has a friend doing his Facebook. My interaction was about a year ago when he first started the page, so I am hoping it was before it got real busy and his friend took over. He posted a video of snowy practice field today. :) Welcome to CO, 70 yesterday, snow today and back to warm for the weekend. :)

DenBronx
10-05-2013, 03:49 AM
Well now I am sad. Davii informed me via MHS that Orlando has a friend doing his Facebook. My interaction was about a year ago when he first started the page, so I am hoping it was before it got real busy and his friend took over. He posted a video of snowy practice field today. :) Welcome to CO, 70 yesterday, snow today and back to warm for the weekend. :)

That sucks, he should just make a fan page then if it isnt him. I am friends with a many Broncos on Twitter or FB. Jason Elam and Terrell Davis reply to me alot, really cool guys. I deleted Dume off my facebook. lol

DenBronx
10-05-2013, 04:01 AM
I haven't deleted it, but havn't brought myself to watch it. I was in the stands, but have never watched it on tv.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

I remember this night all too well.....nothing went right. :( My choc lab even got some motor oil out of a backpack of mine and chewed it open all over my bed. Then my family came by with less than 5 mins left ....it was just so chaotic. This year I am not answering the door until the game is over.

Everytime I watched this damn game I would think how close we were and that we gave it away.

PatriotsGuy
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
That was me, and it was Pags saying it was a lie. Suck it Pags!!!

It's kind of goofy that pros are doing it. I'd say the same if it were the Pats too.

BroncoWave
10-05-2013, 08:01 PM
It's kind of goofy that pros are doing it. I'd say the same if it were the Pats too.

There's nothing goofy about 4-0.

Simple Jaded
10-05-2013, 11:50 PM
I remember this night all too well.....nothing went right. :( My choc lab even got some motor oil out of a backpack of mine and chewed it open all over my bed. Then my family came by with less than 5 mins left ....it was just so chaotic. This year I am not answering the door until the game is over.

Everytime I watched this damn game I would think how close we were and that we gave it away.

Motor oil.......in.......in your, a.......in your backpack?.......On, a, on your bed? Was you about to getcha kink on?