PDA

View Full Version : Updated Broncos' depth chart

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos 21h

Updated #Broncos depth chart: http://dbron.co/8i .

Knowshon is now first RB

Skinny
10-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Didn't want to start a thread but hopefully this isn't serious. Could effect the depth chart if he isn't able to go though...

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 11m
Broncos LB Danny Trevathan injured his knee in practice today. Not sure how serious but had to be carted off. Would be a tough loss

BigDaddyBronco
10-02-2013, 02:40 PM
****. Injuries could derail this team. Maybe they will play straight up nickle defense against the Cowboys.

Skinny
10-02-2013, 02:51 PM
****. Injuries could derail this team. Maybe they will play straight up nickle defense against the Cowboys.It was good to see Irving getting as much playing time as he has lately. I just wish he had the wheels Danny does.

BigDaddyBronco
10-02-2013, 02:55 PM
It was good to see Irving getting as much playing time as he has lately. I just wish he had the wheels Danny does.

When Von gets back they can play Irving at MLB and move Woody back to his old position. That is, if Irving can play at all at MLB. If Trevathan wasn't hurt, I bet Von would be a DE on passing downs with Woddy and Trevanthan at LB.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Didn't want to start a thread but hopefully this isn't serious. Could effect the depth chart if he isn't able to go though...

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 11m
Broncos LB Danny Trevathan injured his knee in practice today. Not sure how serious but had to be carted off. Would be a tough loss

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 11m

RT @mrhoffman02: @VicLombardi Trevathan injury could be huge.------ don't know severity

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 12m

RT @CoachP456: Is it true Danny Trevathan was carted off the practice field today with a knee injury?----- John Fox dodged it.

DenBronx
10-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Doesnt sound good

VonDoom
10-02-2013, 03:55 PM
When Von gets back they can play Irving at MLB and move Woody back to his old position. That is, if Irving can play at all at MLB. If Trevathan wasn't hurt, I bet Von would be a DE on passing downs with Woddy and Trevanthan at LB.

Yeah, this is fine, but at the very least, it hurts our depth. I was really hoping to see Trevathan, Woodyard and Von out there at the same time.

Skinny
10-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Mike Klis -

If WLB Danny Trevathan is seriously hurt, Steve Johnson would likely be next man up. Said Johnson:

“My goal coming into the season was to be a starter,’’ said Johnson, a second-year undrafted free agent from Kansas. “That didn’t happen. I don’t wish anybody getting hurt but if I’m asked to step up and get on the field, like I told Wood when we came off the field today: I looked him in the eye and said I will not let you down.’ If I get some playing time, I’ll be ready.’’

http://sulia.com/channel/denver-broncos/f/e59e017f-33d6-4734-9826-d1156dcb1e13/?source=twitter

Skinny
10-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m
Exhale Bronco fans: Danny Trevathan MRI results on knee came back negative. Details coming at http://denverpost.com/broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-02-2013, 05:17 PM
from article:

The Broncos had a scare, but they were relieved to learn an MRI exam on Trevathan's knee was negative.

He is still questionable for Sunday's game against the Cowboys.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24223558/broncos-hold-first-practice-week-prepare-game-vs

Joel
10-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Is Dreesen still #2 TE because of the injury, or Orange Julius finding the end zone? Combination? I still like Dreesen best as all around TE; he blocks AND catches well in a league where most do one or the other.

SR
10-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Is Dreesen still #2 TE because of the injury, or Orange Julius finding the end zone? Combination? I still like Dreesen best as all around TE; he blocks AND catches well in a league where most do one or the other.

I think if you watch the games it's glaringly obvious why Thomas is the number one TE.

Joel
10-03-2013, 06:53 PM
It's obvious Thomas lights up the scoreboard (as previously noted) but, since the camera usually follows the ball, three real games watched via laptop aren't enough to draw firm conclusions about his blocking. I've seen enough of Dreesen over the years to know he's a good receiver AND blocker though, but also know he's hurt. Thus the question.

SR
10-03-2013, 06:56 PM
It's obvious Thomas lights up the scoreboard (as previously noted) but, since the camera usually follows the ball, three real games watched via laptop aren't enough to draw firm conclusions about his blocking. I've seen enough of Dreesen over the years to know he's a good receiver AND blocker though, but also know he's hurt. Thus the question.

Thomas is also improving his pass blocking a lot each game. He is becoming a very well rounded TE.

Joel
10-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Thomas is also improving his pass blocking a lot each game. He is becoming a very well rounded TE.
Thanks for the clarification. How 'bout his run blocking? Or is it still true NO receiver can start in Denver without run blocking well?

TXBRONC
10-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the clarification. How 'bout his run blocking? Or is it still true NO receiver can start in Denver without run blocking well?

Tamme isn't a very good blocker but he started ahead of Dresseen last year.

Joel
10-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Tamme isn't a very good blocker but he started ahead of Dresseen last year.
Not according to NFL.com: They show Dreesen with 15 starts and Tamme with 8. We ran 2 TE often enough I wasn't always sure who had precedence, since they were frequently on the field together. Right now all the online depth charts show Thomas-Dreesen-Tamme, but all the injury reports still show Dreesen nursing his knee injury (though he's apparently moved from Questionable last week to Probable this week.)

As long as whoever's out there is getting it done it's not a big deal, but since Moreno's the only back who's consistently performed as a runner I really wish they'd put Dreesen out there if healthy. He's a pretty good receiver in his own right (41/356 and 5 TDs last year to Tammes 52/555 and 2 TDs) but an excellent all around blocker.

Dapper Dan
10-03-2013, 11:03 PM
I like the fact that Julius can block decent enough. Someone posted a stat. JT runs routes like 70% of the time that he's on the field. Guys like Jimmy Graham and others are basically WRs, because they run routes like 95% or more while on the field.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Not according to NFL.com: They show Dreesen with 15 starts and Tamme with 8. We ran 2 TE often enough I wasn't always sure who had precedence, since they were frequently on the field together. Right now all the online depth charts show Thomas-Dreesen-Tamme, but all the injury reports still show Dreesen nursing his knee injury (though he's apparently moved from Questionable last week to Probable this week.)

As long as whoever's out there is getting it done it's not a big deal, but since Moreno's the only back who's consistently performed as a runner I really wish they'd put Dreesen out there if healthy. He's a pretty good receiver in his own right (41/356 and 5 TDs last year to Tammes 52/555 and 2 TDs) but an excellent all around blocker.

Dresseen played last week and I'm sure the coaches staff knows what it's doing.

Joel
10-04-2013, 09:59 AM
I like the fact that Julius can block decent enough. Someone posted a stat. JT runs routes like 70% of the time that he's on the field. Guys like Jimmy Graham and others are basically WRs, because they run routes like 95% or more while on the field.
Don't get me wrong, I like receiving TEs—I just dislike one-dimensional offense. If we had multiple backs grinding defenses into the dirt Thomas' run blocking relative to Dreesens wouldn't concern me. But Moreno's the only one who's reliably produced this year, and we are overflowing with productive receivers. Until one or both those things changes I'll be more comfortable with a solid receiver and blocker than one slightly better receiver and slightly worse blocker. Manning will get his yards and TDs regardless, but sooner or later he'll throw a pick; even if he doesn't, we'll eventually need to salt away a slim fourth quarter lead.

Dresseen played last week and I'm sure the coaches staff knows what it's doing.
Hope so. Just because he played doesn't mean he's 100% though, and if he's not that and Orange Julius' scoring is more than enough reason not to start Dreesen. There are enough uncertainties there to prompt curiosity about the specific logic of the coaches; I was just trying to get more info on that.

TXBRONC
10-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Hope so. Just because he played doesn't mean he's 100% though, and if he's not that and Orange Julius' scoring is more than enough reason not to start Dreesen. There are enough uncertainties there to prompt curiosity about the specific logic of the coaches; I was just trying to get more info on that.

If you can't figure the logic I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty obvious why J. Thomas is starting at tight end.